[fanfic] Kyle Broslofski, Gamer

1 view

Alyssa

May 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/16/98

Okay, here it is! The South Park/Creatures crossover!

To everyone on alt.tv.southpark: If you thought my last one was crazy...

To everyone on alt.games.creatures: You should be able to identify with
this ;)

And now, without further ado, "Kyle Broslofski, Gamer"!

[Scene: Inside Kyle's room. Kyle is booting up a computer. He puts a CD in
the drive, and Mrs. Broslofski peeks in the door.]

Mrs. Broslofski: Kyle, bubbe, your friends are at the door!

[Kyle gets up, goes to the door.]

Kyle: Hey, guys!
Stan: Hey, Kyle.
Cartman: Why'd you call us over here, Kyle?
Kyle: I wanted to show you this sweet new game I got! <he leads the other
three to his room>
Stan: What's it called?
Kyle: Creatures.
Stan: What's it about?
Kyle: These furry little animals called Norns, they're really cute! You
have to raise them and breed them.
Kenny: Mmmhpmrmpmh? Mmphmrphmmrmpmh! (Breed them? This is my kind of game!)
Kyle:<ignoring Kenny and starting up the game> Look, here's one I hatched.
I didn't name him yet, but I already taught him language and stuff!
Stan: Wow! Cool!

[They watch as the little Norn onscreen says 'push food', then wanders into
the garden. First thing he does, he picks up a carrot and eats it, then
picks up a honeypot.]

Kyle: Ah, dammit! I forgot to take the honey away from him! <tries in vain
to get the honeypot away from the Norn, who is slurping away at it happily>
Stan: Dude, what's wrong with letting them eat honey?
Kyle: It's basically junk food. I'm trying to get him to eat healthy stuff!
Stan: What's it mean when the jar's on its side like that?
Kyle: It means it's empty. Now maybe he'll leave it alone.

[The Norn on the screen repeats 'push food' and picks up a piece of cheese,
eating it.]

Stan: Damn, this Norn eats like Cartman!
Cartman: AY!
Kyle: Yeah! I think I'll name him Cartman, hee hee.
Cartman: Ay, you ain't naming no ugly little furball after me! No!
Kyle: Too late, Cartman. Already named him.
Cartman: Weak!
Kyle: You can also import Norns into this game, to widen your gene pool,
and save Norns to files.
Stan: Cool! You got any Norns you can import?
Kyle: Yeah, I downloaded a few off the Internet. Let me import them.

[Kyle imports an adult white-haired Norn male and an adult blond Norn
female into the world.]

Kyle: This blond one I named Wendy, and this white-haired one over here I
named Stan. I imported them earlier, but exported them so I could hatch
that Norn right there. <points to Cartman-Norn>
Stan: Sweet, you named a Norn after me?
Kyle: Yep.

[The boys hear a loud "kissssssss....POP" from the speakers.]

Stan: Dude, what was _that_?
Kyle: That was Stan-Norn and Wendy-Norn making sweet love!
Kenny: Mmphmrm, mmhpmprhmphmmm? Mmopphm mhrpmhmmphmmrm,
mmrphmprmphmrmmmphm? (What, just a kiss-pop? Nothing visual, nothing
passionate?)
Kyle: This is, like, a G-rated game, Kenny. Cyberlife couldn't put any
_real_ sex in it.
Kenny: Mmphmrmphm. (That sucks.)
Stan: Dude, what's Cyberlife?
Kyle: They're the people that made this game. They're already working on
the sequel to it, which is supposed to be way better!
Kenny: Mmmhprmpprpmh? (With real sex?)
Kyle: I don't think so.
Kenny: Mmphmr! (Damn!)
Stan: Hey, what's that weird thing there that the Norn's playing with?
Kyle: That's a flib-er-tee-jib-et. It's a toy.
Stan: Oh.

[Kyle continues playing with the game and explaining various things. Then
the word 'EGG' appears on the status bar.]

Stan: Egg?
Kyle: SWEET! Wendy musta gotten pregnant!
Stan:<looking confused> Huh?
Kyle: Norns lay eggs, Stan. That's how they give birth. When Stan-Norn and
Wendy-Norn kisspopped, Wendy-Norn must've gotten pregnant! <he
double-clicks on the 'EGG' notice>
Stan: Dude, that's a tiny egg!
Kyle: Yeah, it was just laid. The eggs get bigger, believe me. We gotta
wait for it to grow.

[They wait, and the egg grows to where you can see a silhouette moving
inside it. Kyle picks up the egg and takes it to the incubator. The egg
hatches after a little while in the incubator, and a cute kid with a mohawk
and striped arms comes out.]

Stan: Cool!
Cartman: That thing's ugly!
Stan: No it's not, Cartman, it's cute!
Cartman: It's an ugly little hairball!
Kenny: Mmphm, mmphmrmh...mpmhptmmmnppmnhmmpphmpm, heh heh. (Nah, it's
cute...but it'd be cuter if it was female, heh heh.)
Kyle: Kenny, sometimes I worry about you.
Kenny:<shrugs> Mmphmrmrphm, M'm m mmpphmpmpprmhmmmmrmpm. (What can I say,
I'm a dirty little bastard.)
Stan:<looking at his watch> Whoa dude, I gotta get home! It's dinnertime!
Cartman: Yeah, I better leave too.
Kenny: Mmphrmrmmmrphm... (I probably should go too...)
Kyle: Okay, bye you guys.

[Stan, Cartman, and Kenny leave, and Kyle gets re-absorbed in the game.]
[Scene switches to at the bus stop. A dark-haired girl jumps out from
behind a tree and grins insanely at Kenny.]

Liza: Remember me, Kenny?
Kenny: Mm. (No.)
Liza: You will...soon! HA HA HA HA HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! <runs off>
Stan: Uh, okay.

[Scene switches to the scamps (minus Kyle) at Kyle's door. Stan knocks, and
Kyle answers with a pathetic look on his face.]

Stan: Hey du--
Kyle:<plaintively> Cartman-Norn died.
Cartman: WHAT?
Kyle: Yeah, he ate the Deathcap Mushroom.
Cartman: Sonofabitch! You shoulda named him Kenny, it's not _my_ job to
die!

[Kenny whacks Cartman.]

Cartman: OWW!
Kyle:<a little more cheerful> But the good news is, Wendy-Norn's second egg
is about to hatch!
Stan: Cool!

[Kyle goes into his room, the others follow, staring at the screen and
waiting for the egg to hatch. There is a small cracking sound, and then a
piteous whimper is heard.]

Stan: Hey, what happened?
Kyle: Oh my God, noooo! It's a _stillborn!_

[Kyle starts sniffling and wiping his eyes...not quite crying, but close to
it. Stan, Kenny, and Cartman exchange bewildered looks.]

Stan: Uh, Kyle? Are you, um, okay?
Kyle: The ****in' Norn was _dead at birth_, and you can ask if I'm okay?
Stan: Is that a no?
Kyle: Yep. <continues sniffling>
Kenny: Mmmph, Mplm, mphmprmppmmmhprm. (Damn, Kyle, it's just a Norn.)
Kyle: DON'T SAY IT'S 'JUST' A NORN!

[Kenny backs up a couple paces, surprised. He, Stan, and Cartman quietly
excuse themselves from the room.]

Stan: I don't think Kyle is gonna be safe to be around for a while.

[Scene: Stan, Cartman, and Kenny are standing at the bus stop a few days
later.]

Cartman: Where the hell is Kyle?
Stan: I dunno, maybe he's occupied with his Norns.
Kenny: Mmpmrpmhmrmmmmphm. (Maybe he's trying to **** one.)
Stan: _Sick_, dude!

[Kenny shrugs]

Cartman: Maybe we should go check on him...see if we need to commit him
again.

[They laugh, and head to Kyle's house. Stan knocks, and Mrs. Broslofski
answers.]

Mrs. Broslofski: Hello there, boys.
Stan: Hi. We were wondering where Kyle is.
Mrs. Broslofski: He's playing with his game.
Stan, Cartman, & Kenny: Uh-oh.
Mrs. Broslofski: You can come on in and talk to him, if you'd like.
Stan: Uh, okay.

[They head for Kyle's room. Kyle is obviously immersed in the game. There
are taped-up pictures of many different Norns all over Kyle's desk. A Norn
doll sits one one side of the desk, and a box for the Life Kit #1 is also
on the desk.]

Stan: Hi Ky--

[Kyle jumps down from his chair and starts talking really really fast]

Kyle: I started a Wolfling run last night and there were two baby Norns
born but three other Norns were dead by this morning <pause for breath> and
I named one baby Kenny and he's a real little traveler I was watching him
today he ate the Deathcap _three times_ but survived <pause for breath> I
think he's gotta be my favorite Norn so far oh and by the way he and this
other Norn beat the crap out of the Grendel it was soooooo sweet--
Stan: DUDE, calm DOWN!

[Kyle stops talking, and breathes deeply.]

Stan: Dude, you are seriously addicted to this game.
Kyle: Yeh, I know. But it's so cool!
Stan: Well, take a break from it...soon...please?
Kyle:<shrugs> Okay.
Stan: Thank you!
Kyle: Hey, you guys want something to eat?

[The other boys shake their heads...yes, even Cartman. Kyle shrugs.]

Kyle: Well, I'm gonna go get something to eat. Get yes food!

[Kyle puts his hands to his chin and tiptoes to the kitchen. Stan, Cartman,
and Kenny stare after him strangely.]

Stan: This is really ****ed up right here.

[Kyle comes back with some carrots dipped in honey, and a glass of
lemonade.]

Stan: Kyle?
Kyle: Yeah?
Stan: Seek help.

[Kyle blinks.]

Kyle: Huh?
Stan: You're dangerously addicted, dude. You need help.
Kyle: Uh, sure, whatever.

[He returns to the computer. Stan motions for Kenny and Cartman to follow
him, and leaves the house.]

Stan: We need to do something, dude. This is not good.
Cartman: Maybe he'll get over it after a while.
Stan: Let's hope.

[They wander off. Liza jumps from behind a tree.]

Liza: I'm baaaaaack!

[Liza shoots Kenny up a few rounds.]

Stan: Oh my God, she killed Kenny!
Cartman: You wussy girl bastard!

[Rats come up and drag Kenny's corpse away.]
[Scene switches to cartman and Stan at Kyle's door. Stan knocks (again),
and Ike answers.]

Stan: Uh, hi Ike. Where's Kyle?
Ike: Kyle in he bedwoom.
Stan: Uh, okay. C'mon Cartman, let's check on him.

[They go into Kyle's room. The Norn pictures are gone, the Creatures and
Life Kit boxes are stacked on a shelf somewhere, and the Norn doll is
nowhere in sight.]

Stan: Hi, Kyle.

[Kyle doesn't hear.]

Stan:<louder> Hi, Kyle.

[Kyle still doesn't hear.]

Cartman: He said, 'HI, KYLE!'

[Kyle jumps and turns to look at Stan and Cartman.]

Kyle: Oh, hey dudes.
Stan: What happened to Creatures?
Kyle: Oh, that. I found an even cooler game! <hands Stan a software box>

[Stan reads the box. It says "MYST" on the front.]

Stan: Uh-oh....

[end]
[credits]

<ducks out of vegetable-throwing range>
Oh, BTW, the girl named Liza is my friend Liza, making a cameo here. As if
you care, but...

Alyssa

Alyssa

May 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/16/98

Mannkind <mann...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199805170512...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
> ::snip::
> ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
>
> but why MYST, that game was flippen weak!

I needed something that would _really_ engross him. Be glad I didn't give
him Daggerfall, or Torin's Passage, or something.

> good story

Thanks! (BTW, I write tons of SP fanfics...I got spscript.txt through
spscript10.txt saved on my comp, I kid you not...some finished, some not.)

> Mannkind of The Dark Side
>
> You cannot destroy, that which does not wish to perish.- The Undertaker
>
> "Cartman: I'd never let a women kick my a**, if she tried anything, I'd
be
> like, HEY you get your b***h-a** back in the kitchen and make me some
pie!"
> -South Park

> Creatures Page: DeGeneration-N
> http://members.xoom.com/Mannkind/index.htm

Alyssa of NORN
Proud author of the 'Grenorn' series
-=-=-=-
.Sig under construction. Always wear a hard hat for safety whilst in the
vicinity of the sig. Look out for falling quotes. Thank you.
"Oh my God, they killed Mephesto!" - Kenny McCormick
"runnorn" - At least one of my Norns
"Don't mind him, he's a very disturbed little boy." - Eric Cartman
-=-=-=-
What is death to a child? A child of a tender age, in his own way can
fathom the finality of death far better than an adult, and thus can fear it
more.
(Me getting mildly philosophical. You should see me when I'm
ultra-bored...then I get _really_ philosophical.)
-=-=-=-
Alyssa's Castle: http://www.primenet.com/~thefews
Norn Mania!!!: http://www.primenet.com/~thefews/creatures.htm
For the last time, this is where all Grenorn stories are posted:
http://www.primenet.com/~thefews/norntales.htm
-=-=-=-
You are now exiting the .Sig Danger Zone. Thank you all for playing.

Dorothy

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

He he he! Funny!

Mannkind

Ping

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

Alyssa wrote in message
<01bd811b$9c3bb260$8b17...@primenet.primenet.com>...

<snip>

ROFL!!!!!!!! great....great...great...

but err

>[Stan reads the box. It says "MYST" on the front.]

Myst?

<raises eyebrow>

__
ICQ: 6283750
_
.
Ping`s Norns
.
http://members.tripod.com/~Creatures/
.
-
"I`ll keep this short and sweet, Family, Religion, Friendship,
These are the 3 demons you must slay if you are to succeed in Buisness,
When opportunity knocks, you don`t want to be sitting
in some Phoney Balonie Church........or synagogue." - Mr. Burns
--
----BEGIN_C-ADD_CODE_BLOCK----
Version Number: 1.2g

Sir Ghoul

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

Can you post some of the finished ones???

On 16 May 1998 22:29:01 -0700, "Alyssa" <the...@primenet.com> wrote:

>Mannkind <mann...@aol.com> wrote in article
><199805170512...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>> ::snip::
>> ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
>>
>> but why MYST, that game was flippen weak!
>

>I needed something that would _really_ engross him. Be glad I didn't give
>him Daggerfall, or Torin's Passage, or something.
>>
>> good story
>
>Thanks! (BTW, I write tons of SP fanfics...I got spscript.txt through
>spscript10.txt saved on my comp, I kid you not...some finished, some not.)
>

>> Mannkind of The Dark Side
>>
>> You cannot destroy, that which does not wish to perish.- The Undertaker
>>
>> "Cartman: I'd never let a women kick my a**, if she tried anything, I'd
>be
>> like, HEY you get your b***h-a** back in the kitchen and make me some
>pie!"
>> -South Park
>>
>> ***************************************************
>> Creatures Page: DeGeneration-N
>> http://members.xoom.com/Mannkind/index.htm
>> ***************************************************

Sir Ghoul.
America's FIRST Breeder.
Whose resemblance to the Grendel is absolutely uncanny.

Check out the FAQ pages at http://www.annapolis.net/members/trissy/creatures to find, (among other things), excellent advice on the game 'Creatures'.
and http://users.aol.com/dmchess/www/norns.html
To find out more about Geek-codes, (and avoid becoming flambe' for asking......) check out http://www.geekcode.com

Check out Slink's Burrrow, home of a great deal of fascinating information about Creatures!!
http://www.netins.net/showcase/slink/ By one of the world's PREMIERE COB programmers

MacBreeders - You now have a home of your own - MacNorns - http://www.crosswinds.net/brussels/~rajamaki

"Would you like fries with that MacNorn???"

Alyssa

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

Sir Ghoul <sirg...@erols.com> wrote in article
<3565f4a6...@news.erols.com>...

> Can you post some of the finished ones???

I post them to alt.tv.southpark as I finish them, so look there for new
fanfics of mine.

,,,^..^,,,

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

On 17 May 1998 05:12:57 GMT, mann...@aol.com (Mannkind) wrote:

|>::snip::
|>ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
|>
|>but why MYST, that game was flippen weak!
|>

|>good story

_MYST_ was weak?

*feels your forehead*

/--i--\ . GataNegra (,,,^..^,,,)
''''||\___/| brand...@innocent.com
||o - o|
| /---\ \ Come visit Library Albia:
E/^ ^ ^\W http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7349/
\m___m/
%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%
"I'm sailing away... set an open course for the virgin seas..."

Mepacrin

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

In article <3560bbbf....@newshost.cc.utexas.edu>, brand...@innocent.com
(,,,^..^,,,) writes:

>_MYST_ was weak?
>
>*feels your forehead*

Yep, it sucked. No one to talk to, no sense of humour, no sense of suspense or
drama, nothing but bizarre, static screens with the occasional incomprehensible
puzzle.

Don't get me wrong, I _LOVE_ adventure games, but Myst didn't do anything for
me. Monkey Island 3 on the other hand...

Jason Westman

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

Mepacrin wrote:

> In article <3560bbbf....@newshost.cc.utexas.edu>, brand...@innocent.com
> (,,,^..^,,,) writes:
>
> >_MYST_ was weak?
> >
> >*feels your forehead*
>
> Yep, it sucked. No one to talk to,

I talk to myself all the time; don't you?
(p.s. I am NOT multiple personalities. And neither am I!)

> no sense of humour,

I touched a book, and I went to a new universe! Ha! Ha! Ha!

> no sense of suspense

I thought the picture on the box of the guy falling out of the sky was
pretty suspenseful...

> or
> drama,

Buy Riven and tell Atrus you didn't like his acting.

> nothing but bizarre, static screens

Most of the screens were crystal-clear. Maybe you should adjust your
monitor?

> with the occasional incomprehensible
> puzzle.

What's the difference between a banana?

> Don't get me wrong, I _LOVE_ adventure games,

Do you know about ftp.gmd.de/if-archive ?

> but Myst didn't do anything for
> me.

Shame. Myst fixed my marriage, my dog, and earned me a million dollars!

> Monkey Island 3 on the other hand...

Just 'cause you move the monkey to the other hand doesn't mean you won't
still go blind!

=> Jason!
[what AM i doing tonight?]
--
take out the passion to reply
Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased; thus do we refute

lyz

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

> Just 'cause you move the monkey to the other hand doesn't mean you >won't
> still go blind!

*falls over laughing* BAD!
Lyz
***
http://www.lyghtforce.com/ladyliz/cg.html
li...@airmail.net
***
Proud Maker of the World's First Norn Doll!
***
Proud Maker of the World's First New Albia!
***
Just plain proud!
***
If a little kid asks you why it's raining, tell them that God is crying.
If they ask why God is crying, tell them, "Probably because of something
you did!"
***
Albert Einstein flunked math, so remember kids, eat your vegetables,
wear clean underwear, and always put milk in the refrigerator.
***

,,,^..^,,,

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

On 19 May 1998 22:31:15 GMT, mepa...@aol.com (Mepacrin) wrote:

|>In article <3560bbbf....@newshost.cc.utexas.edu>, brand...@innocent.com
|>(,,,^..^,,,) writes:
|>
|>>_MYST_ was weak?
|>>
|>>*feels your forehead*
|>

|>Yep, it sucked. No one to talk to, no sense of humour, no sense of suspense or

|>drama, nothing but bizarre, static screens with the occasional incomprehensible
|>puzzle.
|>
|> Don't get me wrong, I _LOVE_ adventure games, but Myst didn't do anything for
|>me. Monkey Island 3 on the other hand...

That was a beauty of it. Beautiful graphics and a lot of neat
puzzles. It's definately in a league of its own, but it was far from
weak.

Moo

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

> > nothing but bizarre, static screens
>
> Most of the screens were crystal-clear. Maybe you should adjust your
> monitor?

Umm, static means not moving, still. Not being mean, just trying to
help!

Ping

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

lyz wrote in message
<95860B5191292034.29BA3C28...@library-proxy.airnews.ne
t>...
>you're probably the kind of person who still plays civilization.

<starts choking on a red Pez>

Shhhh you, or Toby`ll hear you mentioning that, and send us all to the
Eternal pit of Hanson Videos.

Jason Westman

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

uh... you did read the whole post didn't you?
lol

=> Jason!

Jason Westman

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

lyz wrote:

> you're probably the kind of person who still plays civilization.

<freezes>

uhhh... what's wrong with Civilization?!

Mepacrin

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

In article <35623EBB...@starplace.compassion>, Jason Westman
<matan...@starplace.compassion> writes:

>I touched a book, and I went to a new universe! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Funny if you're seriously starved of entertainment

>I thought the picture on the box of the guy falling out of the sky was
>pretty suspenseful...

but I don't want to play the box

Still I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and try it again, just to avoid
arguments. Happy?

lyz

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

*screams* actually the one for mmmmmmbop wouldn't be too bad if there
wasn't *shudders* Hanson in it.

Jason Westman

May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98

Mepacrin wrote:

> In article <35623EBB...@starplace.compassion>, Jason Westman
> <matan...@starplace.compassion> writes:
>
> >I touched a book, and I went to a new universe! Ha! Ha! Ha!
>
> Funny if you're seriously starved of entertainment

How can I be entertainment-starved? I read USENET!

> >I thought the picture on the box of the guy falling out of the sky was
> >pretty suspenseful...
>
> but I don't want to play the box

Oh come ON! Where's your imagination?

> Still I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and try it again, just to avoid
> arguments. Happy?

Uh, I dunno. I bought Riven ages ago and have done nothing but walk
around and enjoy the scenery...

(yeah i beat myst, but i have no idea how)

MLagina

May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98

If you ask me, Myst was weak, Riven was big, but still sorta weak, and the Zork
series was awesome.
(well at least the graphics versions)
Mlagina

Ping

May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98

MLagina wrote in message
<199805231356...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

Can`t argue with that....I remember the Zork Series.....ahh....those we`re
the days....Return to Zork was my favorite....I killed Booze first, then I
figured out that you had to get him drunk <g>

Jason Westman

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

MLagina wrote:

> If you ask me, Myst was weak, Riven was big, but still sorta weak, and the Zork
> series was awesome.
> (well at least the graphics versions)

Zork Zero ruled!

But I never got enough of the other games to really like them.

There's a ton of text games at ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/ and I have
them all but never play them (oh well)

Lyz York

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

I know i'm gonna get flamed for this *puts on asbestos suit* But what is Zork?

Ping wrote:

> MLagina wrote in message
> <199805231356...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

> >If you ask me, Myst was weak, Riven was big, but still sorta weak, and the
> Zork
> >series was awesome.
> >(well at least the graphics versions)

Jason Westman

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

Lyz York wrote:

> I know i'm gonna get flamed for this *puts on asbestos suit* But what is Zork?

Zork was one of the ORIGINAL text adventure games!
What's better, is that since they're so old, Activision (the company
that owns the rights) is giving them out for free... I'd have to hunt
down the URL (it's on their website somewhere) and you'd need a Zmachine
program (like WinFrotz) but you too could enjoy such wonderful things!
lol

=> Jason!
--
If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Spamblocked, remove passion to reply!

Lyz York

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

Hunt for that URL.... sounds like fun!

Dorothy

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

Lyz York wrote:

> Hunt for that URL.... sounds like fun!

I found it! It took a while, but I found it...

http://www.activision.com/games/pub-index.html

Now I'm going to download it......

--
~Dorothy, the Pip norn ::dodges spit::
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jason Westman

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

Dorothy wrote:

> Lyz York wrote:
>
> > Hunt for that URL.... sounds like fun!
>
> I found it! It took a while, but I found it...
>
> http://www.activision.com/games/pub-index.html
>
> Now I'm going to download it......

http://www.activision.com/games/demos.asp
for a more direct link.

If you don't want to play in a DOS window, go to
http://www.cris.com/~Twist/WinFrotz/ , download WinFrotz and run the DAT
file in the \data directory with it. (Not the one in the \save
directory!)

Plus if you get WinFrotz you can run any of the games in
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/games/infocom/ !!!

=> Jason!
--
"So this seal walks into this club,..."

Ping

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

Jason Westman wrote in message <3568CA36...@starplace.compassion>...

>Zork was one of the ORIGINAL text adventure games!
>What's better, is that since they're so old, Activision (the company
>that owns the rights) is giving them out for free...

Really? wow.....I remember those games, I used to stay up for hours playing
them...hmm...free aye

<stares into blank space>

m@2

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

[alt.games.creatures]

Jason Westman wrote:

>Lyz York wrote:
>>
>> I know i'm gonna get flamed for this *puts on asbestos suit* But what is Zork?
>

>Zork was one of the ORIGINAL text adventure games!

Don't forget Leather Goddess of Phobos ! :-) I never could finish
that one!

>What's better, is that since they're so old, Activision (the company

>that owns the rights) is giving them out for free... I'd have to hunt
>down the URL (it's on their website somewhere) and you'd need a Zmachine
>program (like WinFrotz) but you too could enjoy such wonderful things!
>lol
>
>=> Jason!

I still have my original Zork and Leather Goddesses of Phobos - I just
couldn't part with them ...

Another old, old one --- the original Hacker and one I will NEVER part
with, the original Timothy Leary's Mind Mirror !

* * * * * * * * *
... Evolve or Die ...
m@2
--
Karin (aka m@2) email: emato@gate-dot-net
Homepage: (still under construction)

Jason Westman

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

m@2 wrote:
> I still have my original Zork and Leather Goddesses of Phobos - I just
> couldn't part with them ...

I played LGOP2 when some evil person uploaded it to ftp.gmd.de (of course it
didn't STAY there, because it was illegal to be there)

> Another old, old one --- the original Hacker and one I will NEVER part
> with, the original Timothy Leary's Mind Mirror !

Never played 'em..

=> Jason!
--
Are those cookies made from +real+ Girl Scouts?