[C3&DS] New Norns Where R They?

56 views
Skip to first unread message

JayD

unread,
Feb 18, 2003, 2:00:00 PM2/18/03
to
Hello All,

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but I just started playing
C3 after a 2 year break.

The name's JayD. I used to make COBs and Agents for C2 and C3 a while back.

I noticed alot of new things were made for the game during my absence. I've
downloaded almost everything out there, but I'm too late to get the new
norns from CyberLife since they closed their mall.

Any ideas where I can get a copy of all the new norns?

JayD


Robin Hampton

unread,
Feb 18, 2003, 5:22:25 PM2/18/03
to
You can get the gnomes in the egg packs.
Digi-Norn
JayD <jay...@seadwelling.com> wrote in message
news:XeWdnZsKHKN...@iccinternet.com...

Data

unread,
Feb 18, 2003, 6:01:54 PM2/18/03
to

"JayD" <jay...@seadwelling.com> wrote in message
news:XeWdnZsKHKN...@iccinternet.com...
Yay, JayD. Any chance of a revised version of your cos files for the C3
update?
Waf made some breeds http://fly.to/AIM! I think (make sure you add the ! or
you'll get the wrong site)
Jewels asked Julianne & I to host her breeds before she passed away, too

----
Data
http://norntrek.chani3.com


JayD

unread,
Feb 18, 2003, 7:06:33 PM2/18/03
to

"Data" <dontrem...@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
news:3e52...@news.comindico.com.au...

>
Any chance of a revised version of your cos files for the C3
> update?


I'm considering it. It's been a looong time since I looked at CAOS.

I did have alot of unpublished agents (world changes, food, critters, a new
version of the food vendor). I'll try to find those files and get them out
to the community.

JayD


Data

unread,
Feb 18, 2003, 8:15:53 PM2/18/03
to

"JayD" <jay...@seadwelling.com> wrote in message
news:LsScnSOfcpp...@iccinternet.com...
cool :) looking forward to it


Chani

unread,
Feb 18, 2003, 10:51:12 PM2/18/03
to
Sometime around Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:00:00 -0800, JayD may have written:

JayD!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!
WBTI!!!!1!!1!!1!!!!!11!!! 8-)
*hands JayD a bucket of ettin ice cream*

it's been so long, I can't remember where your site is... and I keep
losing my bookmarks...

hmm, and a lot has happened while you were gone... DS came, lots of
people left CL, the CC isn't what it used to be... but there are still
some people addicted to caos ;)

--
This insane ranting was brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
Blaa! 8-)
www.chani3.com

JayD

unread,
Feb 19, 2003, 12:49:00 AM2/19/03
to
Hi Chani,

You know I even forgot my website address!!!

I was cruzing the Creatures Lab links and I saw my website. Imagine my
surprise when I discovered it was still up and running.

I won't be updating that website, since I lost my passwords. So if anyone
wants to grab all my programs from that site and host them on theirs, they
are more than welcome.

JayD


bd

unread,
Feb 19, 2003, 6:00:07 PM2/19/03
to

You were the one who made the Super Food Verdor and some other stuff, then
was pulled into the gaping void known as Real
Life(tm)(r)(c)(AYB)(thankscruft)(freenetinjoke), right?

--
Freenet distribution (temporary): http://24.25.175.161:8891/IoeuLVymsfM/
Out of sight is out of mind.
-- Arthur Clough

bd

unread,
Feb 19, 2003, 6:10:05 PM2/19/03
to

Mirrored at http://bd-home-comp.no-ip.org/jayd/default.htm

Deleted various files crucial to the ads - if you have fixed versions of
the files (w/o ads) send them to me. I can't be bothered to wade through
the atrocity that microsoft app-generated html is.

--
Freenet distribution (temporary): http://24.25.175.161:8891/IoeuLVymsfM/

I've given up reading books; I find it takes my mind off myself.

JayD

unread,
Feb 19, 2003, 6:25:32 PM2/19/03
to
> You were the one who made the Super Food Verdor and some other stuff, then
> was pulled into the gaping void known as Real
> Life

Yup That be me.

I had a revision of the superfood vendor with more food and a fix on the
plants so they won't overgrow the ship, but unfortunately I lost my
backed-up files of all my Creatures stuff. :-(

JayD


bd

unread,
Feb 19, 2003, 8:45:04 PM2/19/03
to

:(

Anyway, wb JayD! You should look into Chani's Edynn project, it's a new
world for the creatures 3/ds engine. Also, it'd be best to comment on Jon
and Emmel's stories before they threaten you with various extremely
hot/extremely cold/extremely blunt objects. ;)

--
Freenet distribution (temporary): http://24.25.175.161:8891/IoeuLVymsfM/

Oh, I don't blame Congress. If I had $600 billion at my disposal, I'd
be irresponsible, too.
-- Lichty & Wagner

emmel

unread,
Feb 21, 2003, 2:22:19 AM2/21/03
to
[Thursday 20 February 2003 02:45] bd: Security violation in module
<pan.2003.02.20....@bd-home-comp.no-ip.org> - dumping
contents...

> On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:25:32 -0800, JayD wrote:
>
>>> You were the one who made the Super Food Verdor and some other stuff,
>>> then was pulled into the gaping void known as Real Life
>>
>> Yup That be me.
>>
>> I had a revision of the superfood vendor with more food and a fix on the
>> plants so they won't overgrow the ship, but unfortunately I lost my
>> backed-up files of all my Creatures stuff. :-(
>
> :(
>
> Anyway, wb JayD! You should look into Chani's Edynn project, it's a new
> world for the creatures 3/ds engine. Also, it'd be best to comment on Jon
> and Emmel's stories before they threaten you with various extremely
> hot/extremely cold/extremely blunt objects. ;)

Seconded, and WB.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

Outer Albia http://home.t-online.de/~gr.filz/c3
or http://go.to/outeralbia

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

emmel

unread,
Feb 21, 2003, 2:24:31 AM2/21/03
to
[Wednesday 19 February 2003 04:51] Chani: Security violation in module
<b2uv04$1ge2vj$1...@ID-58634.news.dfncis.de> - dumping contents...

> Sometime around Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:00:00 -0800, JayD may have written:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but I just started
>> playing C3 after a 2 year break.
>>
>> The name's JayD. I used to make COBs and Agents for C2 and C3 a while
>> back.
>>
>> I noticed alot of new things were made for the game during my absence.
>> I've downloaded almost everything out there, but I'm too late to get the
>> new norns from CyberLife since they closed their mall.
>>
>> Any ideas where I can get a copy of all the new norns?
>>
>> JayD
>
> JayD!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!
> WBTI!!!!1!!1!!1!!!!!11!!! 8-)
> *hands JayD a bucket of ettin ice cream*
>
> it's been so long, I can't remember where your site is... and I keep
> losing my bookmarks...
>
> hmm, and a lot has happened while you were gone... DS came, lots of
> people left CL, the CC isn't what it used to be... but there are still
> some people addicted to caos ;)

Yes ;-) Is it really that long ago? I think I'm getting old...

Jcarrcwalk

unread,
Mar 3, 2003, 4:48:33 PM3/3/03
to
> The name's JayD. I used to make COBs and Agents for C2 and C3 a while back.
>
> I noticed alot of new things were made for the game during my absence. I've
> downloaded almost everything out there, but I'm too late to get the new
> norns from CyberLife since they closed their mall.

Heh, no need to introduce yourself, JayD. I think pretty much everyone
knows you. It is great to see you back, though. Hope you enjoyed life
in the intervening 2 years. Does this mean we can expect a torrent of
great things for C3 now?

bd

unread,
Mar 3, 2003, 5:14:27 PM3/3/03
to

C3? Edynn's the new thing... to... do stuff... with now.

--
Freenet distribution (temporary): http://24.25.175.161:8891/b8NgWecpIyg/
A girl with a future avoids the man with a past.
-- Evan Esar, "The Humor of Humor"

Chani

unread,
Mar 3, 2003, 5:37:06 PM3/3/03
to
Sometime around Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:14:27 -0800, bd may have written:

> On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:48:33 -0800, Jcarrcwalk wrote:
>
>>> The name's JayD. I used to make COBs and Agents for C2 and C3 a while
>>> back.
>>>
>>> I noticed alot of new things were made for the game during my absence.
>>> I've downloaded almost everything out there, but I'm too late to get
>>> the new norns from CyberLife since they closed their mall.
>>
>> Heh, no need to introduce yourself, JayD. I think pretty much everyone
>> knows you. It is great to see you back, though. Hope you enjoyed life
>> in the intervening 2 years. Does this mean we can expect a torrent of
>> great things for C3 now?
>
> C3? Edynn's the new thing... to... do stuff... with now.
>

:)
I must get a new edynn build out, then...

I think once I fix up the air vent animation and do page two of the
science kit, I might release build 7... but that depends on how I do with
the science kit, and whether I get the urge to make more sprites. and
whether I can persuade myself to sort out the mess that is the current set
of gui sprites... I can barely remember what sprites are in those files,
and I'm sure several are duplicates...

NORNGod

unread,
Mar 4, 2003, 2:01:19 PM3/4/03
to


JayD!!!!!
Great to see you still exist. Your C3 COBs are still my all-time
favorites. The superfood vendor (1st version) improved C3 100 fold for
me.

You'll have to look to everyone around here to get any info on what's
been going on in this community over the past couple years. From what I
can tell, most of the people have moved on. I still play C3 from time to
time but I almost never read this group or go to JRC anymore. I only
read this today to see if there was anything new.. maybe C4 perhaps? :)

bd

unread,
Mar 4, 2003, 5:53:34 PM3/4/03
to

There's always Edynn...

--
Freenet distribution not available
BOFH Excuse #239:

CPU needs bearings repacked

NORNGod

unread,
Mar 9, 2003, 7:13:36 PM3/9/03
to
bd wrote:
>
>
> There's always Edynn...
>


What's Edynn?

Chani

unread,
Mar 9, 2003, 8:55:24 PM3/9/03
to
Sometime around Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:13:36 -0800, NORNGod may have written:

> bd wrote:
>>
>>
>> There's always Edynn...
>>
>>
>>
> What's Edynn?

lol. you never heard me babbling about it? :)
http://uaine.chani3.com/edynn/

NORNGod

unread,
Mar 11, 2003, 5:25:06 PM3/11/03
to
Chani wrote:
>
> Sometime around Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:13:36 -0800, NORNGod may have written:
>
> > bd wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >> There's always Edynn...
> >>
> >>
> >>
> > What's Edynn?
>
> lol. you never heard me babbling about it? :)
> http://uaine.chani3.com/edynn/
>

OHhh.. that's right, I forgot all about that. Sorry Chani. :)

littlesky

unread,
Mar 31, 2003, 12:23:01 PM3/31/03
to
JayD,

Hi hi hi. You probably don't remember me, as I didn't send many messages to the group, but it is so good to hear from you after so long. I remember you and all your wonderful cobs and things. You are probably one of the best creature's stuff creator out there. I hate to see everything go downhill like it is with these games.

Does anyone know whether we can buy the creatures from any other company. It would be so sad if we couldn't. Where do we get the stuff for the game (games) now? I have also had a long absence. I'm willing to buy -- but from who or where???

Is the company going to stop making these games now?????
Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere and I missed it. Couldn't the company give us players one last time to buy the stuff we need? I think they owe to the many players like you who performed many labors of love so that we could all enjoy these wonderful games even longer

Also, I cannot get on any of the newsgroups anymore, even though I belong to the CDN. Can anyone help me???

littlesky


"JayD" <jay...@seadwelling.com> wrote in message news:XeWdnZsKHKN...@iccinternet.com...

Angel Katinsky

unread,
Mar 31, 2003, 12:48:58 PM3/31/03
to
From: "littlesky" <nos...@goodgirl.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:23:01 GMT

>Does anyone know whether we can buy the creatures from any other =
>company. It would be so sad if we couldn't. Where do we get the stuff =
>for the game (games) now? I have also had a long absence. I'm willing =


>to buy -- but from who or where???

I bought C3 from The Gaming Zone.
Amazon.com had them the other day.
There were a couple of other places where they were still for sale, along with
C1, C2, CA, etc. Do a Google search and you should come up with a good sized
list to check out. I would hurry, though. Since CL closed their doors, a lot of
people will probably be picking these games up and places could sell out pretty
quickly.
angelkatz
To e-mail me, please remove nojunk from the e-mail address.

littlesky

unread,
Mar 31, 2003, 2:48:55 PM3/31/03
to
What I am looking for though are the new creatures that CL came out with like the new grendels and norns for C3 or DS that they offered as add on. I have all the games.
Thank you,

littlesky

"Angel Katinsky" <johnan...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message news:20030331124858...@mb-fn.aol.com...

Angel Katinsky

unread,
Mar 31, 2003, 5:29:37 PM3/31/03
to
>What I am looking for though are the new creatures that CL came out with =
>like the new grendels and norns for C3 or DS that they offered as add =

>on. I have all the games.
>Thank you,
>
>littlesky


OK, sorry, my misunderstanding about that.
I wonder, though, since CL is no longer selling their norn breed packs if
there would be anyway for people to post them on their web sites as downloads?
I know they are copywritten and all, but since they are no longer selling them,
then CL wouldn't be losing any money if the packs were put up for free
download. Just a thought.

bd

unread,
Mar 31, 2003, 6:38:16 PM3/31/03
to

If CL isn't bought out, sure. The packs will be in the public domain then.
IANAL, etc.

--
Freenet distribution (temporary): http://24.25.175.161:8891/dBauvAutd7I/
She liked him; he was a man of many qualities, even if most of them were bad.

emmel

unread,
Apr 1, 2003, 1:32:39 AM4/1/03
to
[Tuesday 01 April 2003 01:38] bd: Security violation in module
<pan.2003.03.31...@bd-home-comp.no-ip.org> - dumping contents...

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:29:37 +0000, Angel Katinsky wrote:
>
>>>What I am looking for though are the new creatures that CL came out with
>>>= like the new grendels and norns for C3 or DS that they offered as add =
>>>on. I have all the games.
>>>Thank you,
>>>
>>>littlesky
>>
>>
>> OK, sorry, my misunderstanding about that.
>> I wonder, though, since CL is no longer selling their norn breed packs
>> if
>> there would be anyway for people to post them on their web sites as
>> downloads? I know they are copywritten and all, but since they are no
>> longer selling them, then CL wouldn't be losing any money if the packs
>> were put up for free download. Just a thought.
>> angelkatz
>> To e-mail me, please remove nojunk from the e-mail address.
>
> If CL isn't bought out, sure. The packs will be in the public domain then.
> IANAL, etc.

But if not and until then... just don't.

emmel

unread,
Apr 1, 2003, 1:35:44 AM4/1/03
to
[Monday 31 March 2003 19:23] littlesky: Security violation in module
<VP_ha.1515$4P1.1...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net> - dumping
contents...

> Is the company going to stop making these games now?????

Well, they ceased to exists. So, yes.

> Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere and I missed it. Couldn't
> the company give us players one last time to buy the stuff we need? I

No, there isn't anything left. Gone, over and out.

> think they owe to the many players like you who performed many labors of
> love so that we could all enjoy these wonderful games even longer
>
> Also, I cannot get on any of the newsgroups anymore, even though I belong
> to the CDN. Can anyone help me???
>
> littlesky

There's a mailing list at yahoogroups called dockingstation-aftermath,
perhaps you should check it out. The forums hosted by CL will be gone in a
few days.

Chris Double

unread,
Apr 1, 2003, 3:54:24 AM4/1/03
to
bd wrote:
>
> If CL isn't bought out, sure. The packs will be in the public domain then.
> IANAL, etc.
>

You would still need permission from CL. Just because the business closes
down doesn't make all there goods public domain. They're still covered by
copyright and you still can't distribute them freely.

It's like when an author of a book dies. They no longer exist as an entity
but the copyright on their works remains until many years after their
death.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/creatures

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages