Dark and Kalin Chapter 1: Dark

1 view

Dorothy

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

Antonia Blair wrote:
{A real cool story}

Like I said; REAL COOL STORY!!!

---Dorothy

Antonia Blair

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

Okay everybody! I've been making this Norn story for
my sister for a long time now and I thought "Why not put
it on the Norn Newsgroup? Everybody else posts stories"
So here's Dark and Kalin Chapter one. If you like it,
mail me and I'll continue adding chapters once
a week.---Tonia

Dark and Kalin Chapter 1: Dark

Dark wasn’t just an ordinary Norn. With his brown body and spiky hair he
looked ordinary, but he wasn’t. He was a guard Norn. It was his duty to
protect the Norns from the vicious Grendels away. Dark was very proud of his
position. He even got his own Grendel-zapper, a mysterious gun that released
a white cloud that sent Grendels back into their treehouse homes.
Dark had no real family. When he was a baby (or so he was told, how
could he remember that far?) the other Norns had just found him wandering
around the incubator, cold and hungry. He was an orphan. A female Norn named
Astrid adopted him. Astrid had had only one child, a baby boy named Kalin,
and Dark and Kalin grew to be fast friends.
When Dark was a child, though, Astrid passed away. Dark and Kalin were
taken under the wing of a kindly old Norn named Bilbo. Bilbo’s children were
all dead, so Bilbo grew very close to Kalin and Dark. Bilbo was a retired
Norn guard, so he tried to raise Kalin and Dark to be Norn guards as well.
Dark adored Bilbo’s teachings and he quickly adapted to being a Norn
guard-in-training. Kalin, however, despised the new trade, and refused to
take any part in it. Bilbo strictly ordered Kalin to practice fighting with
Dark, but Kalin shouted back, “I won’t! I’m not going to become a guard; I
hate fighting and I don’t think Grendels are all that bad!”
Bilbo finally realized that Kalin was not a fighting Norn. Kalin was a
peacemaker. He could shatter arguments like snapping his fingers. He had
never, in his entire life, hit another Norn, and Bilbo knew that Kalin would
never make a good guard if he could not bring himself to stike an enemy.
Despite their differences, Dark and Kalin remained close.

Time went by, and Dark and Kalin grew up. Dark became an experienced
guard. Kalin became a gardener and he spent his days planting beeclaneeth
seeds.
One day it was Dark’s turn to be lookout guard at the windmill. Dark
took his trusty Grendel-zapper and set off. To his astonishment, somebody
had left a hootch glass at the beehives. He shrugged. He would never drink
hootch. Why, just the other day, Aries, the Norn leader, had held another
“Anti-alcohol in Albia” campaign.
The day slowly lulled by. The cable car, which prevented the Norns and
Grendels from meeting, stayed put. This was very important. If the Grendels
got a hold of the car, they would reach the beehives and harm Norns.
As the day passed, Dark got incredibly thirsty. The honey did not help
either. It just made him thirstier. Finally he slowly picked up the hootch.
Dark glanced around. He felt incredibly nervous. “What’s wrong with
me?” he scolded himself. “It’s not like I’m addicted to it or anything. I’m
just going to take a little bit! I shouldn’t be afraid of this! In fact, I
could drink this whole cup if I wanted to!”
As if to prove that, Dark threw up the glass and gulped the hootch down
in one swig. All of it.
Dark checked himself. The way Aries talked, you’d think his brain would be
warped by now. Dark grinned stupidly and hiccuped. There was nothing wrong
with this hootch. It was GREAT! He staggered a little as he walked onto the
lift and went into the cellars to gather more.
Monica, a pretty female Norn, was at the cellars gathering cheese.
“Hiya Monica,” said Dark, swaying to and fro as he tried to regain his
balance.
“Dark,” Monica asked in shock. “Are you drunk?!”
“Ah’m not drunk,” Dark answered with a foolish grin. He staggered over
to the hootch shelf and grabbed a glass. He glugged it down, talking between
gulps. “Ah’m just firsty! So hot out today, doncha know…”
“Aren’t you supposed to be on guard duty?” Monica asked suspiciously.
“Nothin’s gonna happen. Nothin's been happnin. It’s a dull day out!”
Dark answered hoarsely as he groped for another hootch glass.
“Hey, I think you’ve had enough of that,” said Monica as she snatched
the hootch away from him. “Dark, I’m surprised in you. You know better then
to drink hootch.”
Dark glared at her. “Gimme that!”
“No. You’ve had enough.”
Dark smacked Monica hard and grabbed the glass. Monica got up and said
something, but Dark wasn’t listening. He was already going back up the lift.
When he finally reached the windmill again, he was exhausted. He tried
to stand for a moment, but then fell flat on his face in the mover and began
snoring.The bees curiously circled the Norn guard, who had foolishly fallen
asleep while on guard duty. One of the bees landed on Dark's nose. As Dark
swatted it off, he accidently smacked the lever.
"Crank Crank" went the mover as it swayed gently from side to side. Dark
was heading straight out of Norn territory and into the Grendel trees!

COMING SOON! In "Dark and Kalin Chapter 2: Kalin" meet Dark's friendly
step-brother Kalin!

slink

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

Well done. :)

--
Sandra -> http://www.netins.net/showcase/slink/
GEEK CODE Version 3.12: GS>AT !d(++)@ s:+ a+ C+++($) !U(C/H$) P(+)@

Ping

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

<clappidy clap>

Very nice...

__
ICQ: 6283750
_
.
Ping`s Norns
.
http://members.tripod.com/~Creatures/
.
-
"Mr. Burns....I insist we cheat"
"excelent...and to do this....I propose we travel by..Horseless Sleigh"
"wow..you sure know how to cheat Mr. Burns"
"Yes...well I`m older than you..."
--
----BEGIN_C-ADD_CODE_BLOCK----
Version Number: 1.2g

Mepacrin

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Hmmm, Dark sounds a bit like one of my Norns, ever seen 2 norns fighting over a
Bong? it's a pretty pathetic sight.

Sir Ghoul

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

More!!! More!!!!!!

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 15:04:38 -0500, "Antonia Blair" <klb...@email.msn.com> wrote:

>Okay everybody! I've been making this Norn story for
>my sister for a long time now and I thought "Why not put
>it on the Norn Newsgroup? Everybody else posts stories"
>So here's Dark and Kalin Chapter one. If you like it,
>mail me and I'll continue adding chapters once
>a week.---Tonia

Sir Ghoul.
America's FIRST Breeder.
Whose resemblance to the Grendel is absolutely uncanny.

Check out the FAQ page at http://www.annapolis.net/members/trissy/creatures to find, (among other things), excellent advice on the game 'Creatures'.

To find out more about Geek-codes, (and avoid becoming flambe' for asking......) check out http://www.geekcode.com

Check out Slink's Burrrow, home of a great deal of fascinating information about Creatures!!
http://www.netins.net/showcase/slink/ By one of the world's PREMIERE COB programmers

MacBreeders - You now have a home of your own - MacNorns - http://www.crosswinds.net/brussels/~rajamaki

"Would you like fries with that MacNorn???"