Hi, and Creatures.

Lis Morris

Apr 19, 2003, 6:32:51 AM4/19/03
Hi everyone! I don't know if you'll remember me...<quickly checks to see if
she's got the right uid>, but I used to be a big creatures fan myself, and
also employee of Creature Labs.

I thought I'd take a look at what you folks were all doing now that CL has
gone kersplat :(. I have to say, I'm really impressed and touched by your
loyalty to the Creatures game. I really hope the DS server works out well.

So, why did I disappear? Well, just over a year ago, CL made me redundant. I
was very upset at the time, since I loved working for them and they were a
great bunch of people, so I found coming to the ng too painful. I also felt
it'd be utterly unprofessional to let people know that CL was having
difficulties at the time. Well, I guess you all know now, anyway.

I'm afraid this is not some great return to the community, but I thought I'd
just pop in and express my admiration.

One other thing: I'll be shortly taking down my website, since I need the
webspace for other projects. If anyone wants to place my downloads on their
site, or even archive the whole shebang, be my guest. I'll be leaving it up
a few more months, so there's no rush.

Tatty bye!

Lis 'Evil Shee' Morris.

Email is spamblocked- remove 'ps' to send mail.

Don

Apr 19, 2003, 7:21:53 AM4/19/03
Of course we remember you. Wb, even if it won't be for long :)

Don
http://creatures.amberz.net

"Lis Morris" <lis.m...@sheeps.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Jon Reeves

Apr 19, 2003, 8:40:59 AM4/19/03
On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:32:51 +0100, "Lis Morris"
<lis.m...@sheeps.demon.co.uk> made a sound exactly unlike the
following:

LIS!!!!!!!!! *hugs* You're always welcome here, you Evilest of the
Shee :P

--
Jon Reeves - j...@fullcircuit.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/thjorska

Brad Fermanich

Apr 19, 2003, 9:49:19 AM4/19/03
Lis Morris wrote:

> Hi everyone! I don't know if you'll remember me...<quickly checks to see if
> she's got the right uid>, but I used to be a big creatures fan myself, and
> also employee of Creature Labs.

> One other thing: I'll be shortly taking down my website, since I need the
> webspace for other projects. If anyone wants to place my downloads on their
> site, or even archive the whole shebang, be my guest. I'll be leaving it up
> a few more months, so there's no rush.

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you again!!!

How much space do you need for an archive? I wouldnt mind taking over
your C1 and C2 stuff... I never got into C3 or DS. Currently I am using
only about half of the 10-MB I have allocated for Creatures, although I
might be able to scrounge up abit more on my other sites.

--
Brad.
EagerBevar Hunter of Sarcastica,

Emy S.:How come I've never said anything quotable?
Kristin: I have this terrible urge to get a sig as pointless as are my
posts. hmmm.
Lis Morris: argh! it's my head in a box! you beast

ICQ: 5690051

http://i.am/brf/

Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into yours and join the fun!

Chani

Apr 19, 2003, 12:15:27 PM4/19/03
Sometime around Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:32:51 -0700, Lis Morris may have
written:

> Hi everyone! I don't know if you'll remember me...<quickly checks to see
> if she's got the right uid>, but I used to be a big creatures fan
> myself, and also employee of Creature Labs.

remember you!!?!?1! of COURSE we remember you, silly! 8-)
WBTI!!!11!!!1!!

> I thought I'd take a look at what you folks were all doing now that CL
> has gone kersplat :(. I have to say, I'm really impressed and touched by
> your loyalty to the Creatures game. I really hope the DS server works
> out well.
>
> So, why did I disappear? Well, just over a year ago, CL made me
> redundant. I was very upset at the time, since I loved working for them
> and they were a great bunch of people, so I found coming to the ng too
> painful. I also felt it'd be utterly unprofessional to let people know
> that CL was having difficulties at the time. Well, I guess you all know
> now, anyway.
>
> I'm afraid this is not some great return to the community, but I thought
> I'd just pop in and express my admiration.

aww.

*whispers*
psst! quick! grab her before she can leave!

> One other thing: I'll be shortly taking down my website, since I need
> the webspace for other projects. If anyone wants to place my downloads
> on their site, or even archive the whole shebang, be my guest. I'll be
> leaving it up a few more months, so there's no rush.

aww.
*watches as the server falls over from too many people trying to mirror
everything*
I don't think we'll need to worry about your work being lost :) when CL
went down, there were so many people trying to save stuff from the sites,
they were almost unusable for several days...

--
This insane ranting was brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
Blaa! 8-)

Dora Leav

Apr 19, 2003, 1:14:57 PM4/19/03
Random post from a returned lurker here... Gads, Lis, you have -no- idea how
good it is to see the name of someone I remember from "the old days." I'm
doubtful that anyone would remember me from around '98 or '99 (or
thereabouts -- memory is faulty, and I can barely remember when I was a
regular here), but I went by Pandora and started that ridiculous Pantheon,
and whee!, it's good to see that you're still about, Lis.

Seeing CL go kaput is a little depressing, especially since I just got back
into Creatures about a month ago, but it's lovely to see that the newsgroup
is still active and full of fellow crazies. :o)

- Dora

Chris Double

Apr 19, 2003, 8:14:15 PM4/19/03
Dora Leav wrote:

> Random post from a returned lurker here... Gads, Lis, you have -no- idea
> how good it is to see the name of someone I remember from "the old days."
> I'm doubtful that anyone would remember me from around '98 or '99 (or
> thereabouts -- memory is faulty, and I can barely remember when I was a
> regular here), but I went by Pandora and started that ridiculous Pantheon,
> and whee!, it's good to see that you're still about, Lis.

You are too modest, I remember you! Pandora, high priestess to the pantheon
of agc gods, she who started the pantheon. '98 I think that was. Lis was
the shee goddess, Slink the norn goddess, Bean the ettin goddess, Emy the
grendel goddess and me the genetics god or something like that.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/creatures

bd

Apr 19, 2003, 9:24:50 PM4/19/03
On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:32:51 +0100, Lis Morris wrote:

> Hi everyone! I don't know if you'll remember me...<quickly checks to see if
> she's got the right uid>, but I used to be a big creatures fan myself, and
> also employee of Creature Labs.

Hi, Lis.

> I thought I'd take a look at what you folks were all doing now that CL has
> gone kersplat :(. I have to say, I'm really impressed and touched by your
> loyalty to the Creatures game. I really hope the DS server works out well.
>
> So, why did I disappear? Well, just over a year ago, CL made me redundant. I
> was very upset at the time, since I loved working for them and they were a
> great bunch of people, so I found coming to the ng too painful. I also felt
> it'd be utterly unprofessional to let people know that CL was having
> difficulties at the time. Well, I guess you all know now, anyway.
>
> I'm afraid this is not some great return to the community, but I thought I'd
> just pop in and express my admiration.

Ah, well. Feel free to come back sometime.

> One other thing: I'll be shortly taking down my website, since I need the
> webspace for other projects. If anyone wants to place my downloads on their
> site, or even archive the whole shebang, be my guest. I'll be leaving it up
> a few more months, so there's no rush.

I've got it mirrored at
http://bd-home-comp.no-ip.org/www.shee.demon.co.uk/
Anyone with a faster connection than cable modem is welcome to take over :)

> Tatty bye!

Bye.

Vadim

Apr 19, 2003, 10:34:19 PM4/19/03

Rupert Wanderer

Apr 20, 2003, 7:34:09 AM4/20/03
<snip>

*worships*

--
User of 'Thingamajig!'
Refractor Dragon -=(UDIC)=-

Andreaevolve

Apr 20, 2003, 8:36:57 AM4/20/03
do you know where to get mernorn sprites please say thanks v. much

emmel

Apr 21, 2003, 3:15:30 AM4/21/03
[Saturday 19 April 2003 12:32] Lis Morris: Security violation in module
<b7r8kk$ei1$1$8300...@news.demon.co.uk> - dumping contents...

> Hi everyone! I don't know if you'll remember me...<quickly checks to see
> if she's got the right uid>, but I used to be a big creatures fan myself,
> and also employee of Creature Labs.

Who could forget you?

> I thought I'd take a look at what you folks were all doing now that CL has
> gone kersplat :(. I have to say, I'm really impressed and touched by your
> loyalty to the Creatures game. I really hope the DS server works out well.
>
> So, why did I disappear? Well, just over a year ago, CL made me redundant.
> I was very upset at the time, since I loved working for them and they were
> a great bunch of people, so I found coming to the ng too painful. I also
> felt it'd be utterly unprofessional to let people know that CL was having
> difficulties at the time. Well, I guess you all know now, anyway.
>
> I'm afraid this is not some great return to the community, but I thought
> I'd just pop in and express my admiration.
>
> One other thing: I'll be shortly taking down my website, since I need the
> webspace for other projects. If anyone wants to place my downloads on
> their site, or even archive the whole shebang, be my guest. I'll be
> leaving it up a few more months, so there's no rush.
>
> Tatty bye!
>
> Lis 'Evil Shee' Morris.

Coming back to say goodbye? That's not fair!
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

Outer Albia http://home.t-online.de/~gr.filz/c3
or http://go.to/outeralbia

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Jcarrcwalk

Apr 21, 2003, 10:20:11 PM4/21/03
Yes, odd that you are the one expressing admiration when you had the
admiration of everyone in the group. What are you off to now? Will you
be doing research in a field of biology? Well, these questions may
never be answered as you may be too busy doing them.
It's been a fun time in AGC, and I believe that you were at the
center of it for quite awhile. It's really sad to see how things have
fallen apart, as we had such a strong community and very unique
concepts behind it.
Despite how everything seems to have turned out, I very much loved
everything that went on in AGC, despite the flame wars, and the
CptSiscoX fiasco, and even the sadness of everyone's departure; it was
still very much a lot of fun.
We're all gonna miss you Lis, and we all appreciate everything
that you did for Creatures. Even if Cyberlife isn't around, I'd like
to think that the idea behind creatures still is, and will come to
fruitition someday.
Have a great time in whatever it is you decide to do.

Andrew/Jcarrcwalk

Data

Apr 22, 2003, 9:59:41 AM4/22/03

"Lis Morris" <lis.m...@sheeps.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi everyone! I don't know if you'll remember me...<quickly checks to see
if
> she's got the right uid>, but I used to be a big creatures fan myself, and
> also employee of Creature Labs.
>
> I thought I'd take a look at what you folks were all doing now that CL has
> gone kersplat :(. I have to say, I'm really impressed and touched by your
> loyalty to the Creatures game. I really hope the DS server works out well.

Lis!! We missed you
Uh, could you please tie my laces?

> So, why did I disappear? Well, just over a year ago, CL made me redundant.
> was very upset at the time, since I loved working for them and they were a
> great bunch of people, so I found coming to the ng too painful. I also
felt
> it'd be utterly unprofessional to let people know that CL was having
> difficulties at the time. Well, I guess you all know now, anyway.

We had some idea all was not well around then

> I'm afraid this is not some great return to the community, but I thought
I'd
> just pop in and express my admiration.

We wish you'd stay, you know

> Tatty bye!
>
> Lis 'Evil Shee' Morris.
>
> Email is spamblocked- remove 'ps' to send mail.

Repying would be SO much easier if my news reader wouldn't crash every 5
minutes (so I have to save the post constantly)

Rupert Wanderer

Apr 23, 2003, 3:16:05 AM4/23/03
<snip>

> Repying would be SO much easier if my news reader wouldn't crash every 5
> minutes (so I have to save the post constantly)

*pokes his head in again* Have you tried opening the 'Reply' window,
copying the whole thing into a .txt file, 'replying' to it there, and then
copying /that/ whole thing back into the highlighted (I think that's the
word...) 'Reply' window? That seems to work for me, when it crashes...

*disappears again*

--
Refractor Dragon -=(UDIC)=-

emmel

Apr 23, 2003, 10:46:57 AM4/23/03
[Wednesday 23 April 2003 09:16] Rupert Wanderer: Security violation in
module <b85ejo$33n$1$8302...@news.demon.co.uk> - dumping contents...

Outlook Express 6... how evil.

Rupert Wanderer

Apr 24, 2003, 4:51:36 AM4/24/03
"emmel" <the_...@gmx.net> wrote in message news:11968b...@gate.home...

> [Wednesday 23 April 2003 09:16] Rupert Wanderer: Security violation in
> module <b85ejo$33n$1$8302...@news.demon.co.uk> - dumping contents...
>
> > <snip>
> >
> >> Repying would be SO much easier if my news reader wouldn't crash every
5
> >> minutes (so I have to save the post constantly)
> >
> > *pokes his head in again* Have you tried opening the 'Reply' window,
> > copying the whole thing into a .txt file, 'replying' to it there, and
then
> > copying /that/ whole thing back into the highlighted (I think that's the
> > word...) 'Reply' window? That seems to work for me, when it crashes...
> >
> > *disappears again*
>
> Outlook Express 6... how evil.

Quite.

<quote>
"Alex, think. Every hear, computers get faster and faster... but software
keeps running at about the same speed. Where does all that extra power go?"
"It goes to EVIL, Alex. It goes to EVIL."
</quote>

--
Refractor Dragon -=(UDIC)=-

emmel

Apr 25, 2003, 1:12:42 AM4/25/03
[Thursday 24 April 2003 10:51] Rupert Wanderer: Security violation in
module <b888iq$mqm$1$8302...@news.demon.co.uk> - dumping contents...

Hm, where is that from?

Rupert Wanderer

Apr 25, 2003, 11:29:34 AM4/25/03
"emmel" <the_...@gmx.net> wrote in message news:a4ga8b...@gate.home...

Whoops, that was supposed to be 'year', not 'hear'... And it's from
www.ubersoft.net. Quite amusing.

--
Refractor Dragon -=(UDIC)=-

Danni

Apr 26, 2003, 10:11:30 AM4/26/03
Thats really nice, but what IS your website?

Jon Reeves

Apr 27, 2003, 10:34:56 AM4/27/03
On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 15:11:30 +0100, "Danni" <m...@dlm14.freeserve.co.uk>

made a sound exactly unlike the following:

>Thats really nice, but what IS your website?

I can tell you're new :D