Got new species! Here!

15 views
Skip to first unread message

NitGold

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

They're called Navens. They look like norns, but they are way smarter and they
have a lot more fur. They have hair on their heads and come in many different
colors. I hacked into Cyberlife's site and found one for a download. If you
want one e-mail me. This is 100 percent true!!

-TB
ernh...@aol.com

sa...@mailbox.co.uk

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

Is this for real?? Sorry to be the sceptic, but *why*
would Cyberlife have a new species on their site, if
they haven't released it?

But if it is true, cool!

t. Sandy

--------------------------
MacNorns - http://www.mailbox.co.uk/satu

-------------------==== Posted via Deja News ====-----------------------
http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Post to Usenet

Len Maessen

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

>This is 100 percent true!!

Realyyyy? Cool! If this is realy true, I will send an email.
asking if you could send one.

--

Len Maessen,
Creatures Hotel
http://www.pwcons.com/len/creature.htm

Toby Simpson

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

flip...@cjnetworks.com wrote in message
<344e2828....@news.cjnetworks.com>...
>For those of you who are going to e-mail him to get this new little
>creature, please realize that what he has done, by hacking into
>Cyberlife's web site, is illegal. He was a complete moron to do it,

You're absolutely right. Fortunately for him, however, he is also a liar. We
are not silly enough to put confidential secure data onto our web site.

>If what he said is true, and Cyberlife actually has created a Naven,

*giggle* If CyberLife *ever* produce a creature called a Naven, I'll eat a
copy of my book. :-)

Toby
--
Toby Simpson - Executive Producer/Manager - Creatures Products
CyberLife Technology Ltd., Cambridge, England.
to...@cyberlife.co.uk http://www.cyberlife.co.uk


Amanda Penney

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

*sniff* dissapointment growing...growing...growing...
Thats ok. That guy is such a jerk! Getting everyones hopes up (mine at
least)
over a stupid lie that he made up:-()
Oh my....if anyone want's me I you can find me down eating deathcaps.
But seriously, there are not going to be any new species?
:-(
I would sell my sole to the Grendel for a new species:-)

Amanda Penney (fellow Nornoholic)
Nornoholics Anonymous
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Realm/9435/naa.h
tml Feed the Addiction!


ric...@tecapro.com

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

In article <8775362...@dejanews.com>,

sa...@mailbox.co.uk wrote:
>
> nit...@aol.com (NitGold) wrote:
> >
> > They're called Navens. They look like norns, but they are way smarter and
they
> > have a lot more fur. They have hair on their heads and come in many
different
> > colors. I hacked into Cyberlife's site and found one for a download. If
you
> > want one e-mail me. This is 100 percent true!!
> >
> > -TB
> > ernh...@aol.com
>
> Is this for real?? Sorry to be the sceptic, but *why*
> would Cyberlife have a new species on their site, if
> they haven't released it?
>
> But if it is true, cool!
>
> t. Sandy

A little out of topic, but sometimes companies connect their development
servers to the one doing the web servering. That was, I believe how they
hacked into Crack Dot Com and stole Quake's sources. :-)

Good luck,

Ricardo

Ping3506

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

>Subject: Re: Got new species! Here!
>From: myste...@aol.com (Mysterio64)
>Date: 22/10/97 15:15 EST
>Message-id: <19971022201...@ladder01.news.aol.com>
>
>Its kinda like a shadow norn but better
>___________________________
>Creatures HQ / Koolpac's Gang
>Join Us Today!
>Myste...@aol.com
>http://koolpac.simplenet.com
>ICQ UIN# 232160
>
>
>
>
I`m perfecting the ressurection of Ron as well. Trying to make it so that it
dosen`t overwrite files!! I don`t mind overwriting files but I bet others do!


*******Pingz Nornz**************

http://members.tripod.com/~NornDude/index.html

**********************************


Amanda Penney

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

Shadow Norn? Whats that? Does it have a different genetic makeup and new
breedable sprites? When and where will it be available?

Toby Simpson

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

>A little out of topic, but sometimes companies connect their development
>servers to the one doing the web servering. That was, I believe how they
>hacked into Crack Dot Com and stole Quake's sources. :-)

Not in our case, I assure you. Our web server is an external machine on a
different site. Our development servers are not connected to the Internet in
any way.

Toby Simpson

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

Amanda Penney wrote in message
<62lgds$1a84$1...@newssvr03-int.news.prodigy.com>...
>*sniff* dissapointment growing...growing...growing...


Patience, patience... ;-)

>I would sell my soul to the Grendel for a new species:-)


You would, huh? I can feel a deal coming on here

flip...@cjnetworks.com

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

Okay, I usually don't get involved with this kind of "crap" but I have
to at this point.

For those of you who are going to e-mail him to get this new little
creature, please realize that what he has done, by hacking into
Cyberlife's web site, is illegal. He was a complete moron to do it,

and an even bigger moron to post it as future evidence on a newsgroup.
Cyberlife can sue him, confiscate his computer for evidence, and press
charges against him. They can also demand a list of every single
person he sent it to through e-mail (this would be YOU if you have him
send it to you). Hacking, whether you all realize it or not, is
against the law. Not Internet laws, but common laws.

By accepting this "new creature" from him, you are accepting stolen
property, which, if Cyberlife really wants to get picky, could very
well include you in the law suit for which they can bring up over this
incident.

If what he said is true, and Cyberlife actually has created a Naven,

then they have every right to sue and press charges against him, and
you if you get it from him. So think about these little facts when
you e-mail him to get a copy. If you want to be a "pimp" of Norns, go
for it. I will have NO part of it. It's really sad when Norns become
an object of addiction and one must steal to get the fix they need.

Fortissimo

Ireland691

unread,
Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97
to

flip...@cjnetworks.com wrote:
>
> Okay, I usually don't get involved with this kind of "crap" but I have
> to at this point.
>
> For those of you who are going to e-mail him to get this new little
> creature, please realize that what he has done, by hacking into
> Cyberlife's web site, is illegal. He was a complete moron to do it,
> and an even bigger moron to post it as future evidence on a newsgroup.
> Cyberlife can sue him, confiscate his computer for evidence, and press
> charges against him. They can also demand a list of every single
> person he sent it to through e-mail (this would be YOU if you have him
> send it to you). Hacking, whether you all realize it or not, is
> against the law. Not Internet laws, but common laws.
>
> By accepting this "new creature" from him, you are accepting stolen
> property, which, if Cyberlife really wants to get picky, could very
> well include you in the law suit for which they can bring up over this
> incident.
>
> If what he said is true, and Cyberlife actually has created a Naven,
> then they have every right to sue and press charges against him, and
> you if you get it from him. So think about these little facts when
> you e-mail him to get a copy. If you want to be a "pimp" of Norns, go
> for it. I will have NO part of it. It's really sad when Norns become
> an object of addiction and one must steal to get the fix they need.
>
> Fortissimo

oh! in that case, i dont want it!!!!!!!!!!!! (unless cyberlife them
selves made it for dload) adn, if he did send it to me already......i
wont even download it!!!!!!!!!!

Mysterio64

unread,
Oct 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/23/97
to

Who would send a virus?

slink

unread,
Oct 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/23/97
to

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:11:54 -0700, "Ric Fischer" <r...@lighty.com>
wrote:

>Katie Owen wrote in message <344EA4...@erols.com>...
>>Amanda Penney wrote:
>>> I would sell my sole to the Grendel for a new species:-)
>>
>>What on earth (or albia) would the grendel want with your shoe?
>>
>
>
>Or even a fish?
>
>- Ric Fischer
>- ICQ UIN: 3241409
>
>
>

I must say if *I* were walking aorund with fish in my shoes I'd be
looking to join a new species . . .


Sandra

http://www.netins.net/showcase/slink/

DJs Red 1

unread,
Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97
to

>>I would sell my soul to the Grendel for a new species:-)
>
>
>You would, huh? I can feel a deal coming on here


Aaahh!!!!!!!!!!! Toby is a grendel! Run away!

"Run Toby/Grendel!"
"Newsgroup run!"
Daljit

Nornan: Nornan PUSH hydrogen bomb
Daljit: Push no!
Nornan: Get yes hydrogen bomb!
BOOM!
Nornan: Ow!

ICQ# 3206846

Sparrow

unread,
Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97
to

Mysterio64 wrote:
>
> Who would send a virus?

Someone with a lot of time on their hands :)

--
"flame no"

Sparrow's Creatures page:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/8726/nornmain.htm

slink

unread,
Oct 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/25/97
to

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997 10:31:59 -0700, Sparrow <ter...@geocities.com>
wrote:

>> Aaahh!!!!!!!!!!! Toby is a grendel! Run away!
>

>Yeah.. ever loaded the "toby.gen" file into the genetics kit and pressing
>the "lay egg" button? It hatches as a grendel :) Coincidence? I think
>not :)
>
> -Sparrow


>
>--
>"flame no"
>
>Sparrow's Creatures page:
>http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/8726/nornmain.htm

toby.gen is a temporary file that contains whatever the last genome
was that you put into an egg from the Preview Kit. In case you hadn't
noticed, the mother of all your injected eggs is "toby".

So, you've been hatching grendels, have you? <grin>


Sandra

http://www.netins.net/showcase/slink/

Sparrow

unread,
Oct 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/25/97
to

cjk

unread,
Oct 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/25/97
to


Sparrow wrote:

> > Aaahh!!!!!!!!!!! Toby is a grendel! Run away!
>
> Yeah.. ever loaded the "toby.gen" file into the genetics kit and pressing
> the "lay egg" button? It hatches as a grendel :) Coincidence? I think
> not :)
>

I though toby.gen was the Purple Mountain Norns parents...?


Sparrow

unread,
Oct 26, 1997, 2:00:00 AM10/26/97
to

> So, you've been hatching grendels, have you? <grin>

Quite a bit, actually :) Perfecting my grendel-but-not-norn-killer :)

Actually, it's already perfected.. I just like testing it over and over
and over and over... :)

Mark Boehler

unread,
Oct 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/27/97
to

Sparrow wrote:
>
> > Being a grendel lover myself, I would love to get one of your
> > 'friendly?' grendels.. :)
>
> One of MY grendels? Friendly? FRIENDLY? Ha! I've never even SEEN a
> friendly grendel! At least not in my world... :) Maybe someday I'll stop
> poisoning grendels for a bit and just let them roam around, eating,
> sleeping, playing, beating up norns.. You know, to add a bit of challenge
> to the game :)
>
> Speaking of poisoning, I've genetically engineered a norn that actually
> benefits from glycotoxin. I'll have him/her (I don't know which.. it's
> just a genome right now, though I did test it once) on my site when I get
> things set up :)

>
> -Sparrow
>
> --
> "flame no"
>
> Sparrow's Creatures page:
> http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/8726/nornmain.htm

Whoops! Sorry, misunderstood you.. Thought you meant Grendel, but not
Norn-Killer.. when you meant Grendel, but not norn, Killer. :)

--
Mark Boehler
------------
mboe...@hctc.net
mboe...@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/8474

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages