Run Creatures Without CD?

davi...@pacbell.net

Aug 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/29/97

Does anyone know how to run the program without the CD? It's a real pain
to pop that thing in everytime :-( I think I saw a post regarding this
about a month ago but I disregarded it.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave JW Day

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97

In article <3407AAD1...@erols.com>, Tony <phe...@erols.com>
writes
>BORG does this...

BORG ???

tia
--
dave
Achilles Heel Magazine : http://www.stejonda.demon.co.uk/achilles/

Tony

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97
to davi...@pacbell.net
BORG does this...i found out accidentily when i forgot to pop it in and
ran it 1st...
--
Tony

Catch me on ICQ, my UIN is 1756668

Dan Benge

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97

Dave JW Day wrote:

> In article <3407AAD1...@erols.com>, Tony <phe...@erols.com>
> writes
> >BORG does this...
>
> BORG ???

oooh! oooh! That just gave me an idea for a new breed of Norns!! BORG
Norns! Think of it, they could assimilate the new Norns into their
collectives.

FYI: The Borg are an alien "Cyborg" race in the Star Trek universe in
which the entire colony are actually part of one collective..sort of
like a beehive. They "Assimilate" other races into their collectives by
turning other creatures into Borg's. Good stuff!

Dan

KathyBurt

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97

>> Does anyone know how to run the program without the CD?

>BORG does this.

could you explain what BORG is? thanks
>^..^<thy

Tony

Aug 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/31/97
to KathyBurt
huh...anyway...BORG is a cheat program written by Alexander Laemelle,
that activates the cheat functions of Creatures, and lets you run
creatures without the CD...

slink

Aug 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/31/97

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 11:06:21 +0100, Dave JW Day
<da...@stejonda.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Now, the questions us Albia newbies are really wanting an answer to are
>who is AL and what is the url of his site - pretty please someone...
>--
>dave
>"Be inspired by the knowledge that life is a great and noble calling,
>not a mean and grovelling thing that we are to struggle through as we can"
> - Gladstone

Go to my site and go into the Creatures->Tool Shed. A link to Alex's
site will be found there.

Alex also wrote COE, which is a share-ware COB compiler that is even
in use at Cyberlife.

Sandra

http://www.netins.net/showcase/slink/

Alexander Laemmle

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

Hi!

>Now, the questions us Albia newbies are really wanting an answer to are
>who is AL and what is the url of his site - pretty please someone...

You think I should out myself now... ok, I'll do...

But beware - my english is bad...

I'm Alexander Laemmle (in german it's written Alexander Lämmle)
I'm living in Austria (not australia - so please don't try to register
my software with Australien dollars... ;-) - and there are no funny
creatures with bags and big tails living here...)

In normal live I'm working as a mail nurse in a hospital
I have some hobbies too (Star Trek, reading, bikeing, Musik, ...) but
most of my sparetime I sit before the computer programing (medical
software, communication things, add ons for games, ...)

so, I think that's all...

My URL's are

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/6474
http://members.aon.at/alexanderlaemmle/index.html

MfG

Alex

Visit the home of the Creatures Object Editor :
http://members.aon.at/alexanderlaemmle/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/vista/6474/creatures.html

If you are looking for Creatures(c) addons, COBs, Tips, ...!

DJs Red 1

Sep 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/7/97

>> BORG ???
>
>oooh! oooh! That just gave me an idea for a new breed of >Norns!! BORG
Norns! Think of it, they could assimilate the new >Norns into their
collectives.

The Borg norns could be the Norn collective!
How about this:

"I am 2 of 3 of Norn. Your existance, as you know it, is over. Your
technological and biological identities will be added to our own.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

or maybe:

"We are the Norn. You will be assimilated. Hope is irrelivant. Strength
is irrelivant. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Finder W

Sep 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/7/97

LOL!!!!! My wife and I were talking about this last night and then to
see it posted here!!!

Finder

Feathers

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

DJs Red 1 wrote:

> "I am 2 of 3 of Norn. Your existance, as you know it, is over. Your
> technological and biological identities will be added to our own.
> Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Oh, please! What Norn do you know that talks like that? :)

More likely, it'd be something akin to:

"2 of 3 assimilate Feathers" or "Yes assimilate food" or perhaps "2 of 3
sleep".

But when my Norns look at me and say "2 of 3 assimilate Gwendwel",
that's when I'll run screaming from the room. :)

Feathers