[activeworlds] new norn avatars!

Lis Morris

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
Well, I've finally got into gear and finished off the norn tourist avatars!
It takes a while for the avatar menu to update, so I've made statues of them
for everyone to peruse... tomorrow morning, you should be able to update
your avatar menu with the new avatars.
They're not perfect, but they did take a lot of work, and they are pretty
cute :-). Hope you like em!

Here's how to get the new avatar menu:
perform a file find for the file 'avatars.dat'. You'll see a number of them;
one for each world you've visited. Look for the one in the folder
www.shee.demon.co.uk-albia/avatars/ and delete it. Then renter the world. It
should then load the new avatar menu from the internet- if it doesn't, wait
a few hours, and then try deleting it again. it can take some time!

--
Lis Morris,
A.G.C. Goddess of Shee,

Cimmerae

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
Lis announces very good news

>Well, I've finally got into gear and finished >off the norn tourist avatars!
>It takes a while for the avatar menu to >update, so I've made statues of them
>for everyone to peruse...

OOgh, Lis, THANK You very much.
I,for one appreciate All your hard work.
If it wasn't for this NG and all the people in it, young and old, I would be a
very lonely.
Marmie, grandmotherly type wise woman living without her circle of support at
the moment.

Lis Morris

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98

Lis Morris wrote in message
<915021062.22373.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>Well, I've finally got into gear and finished off the norn tourist avatars!
>It takes a while for the avatar menu to update, so I've made statues of
them
>for everyone to peruse... tomorrow morning, you should be able to update
>your avatar menu with the new avatars.
>They're not perfect, but they did take a lot of work, and they are pretty
>cute :-). Hope you like em!
>
>Here's how to get the new avatar menu:
>perform a file find for the file 'avatars.dat'. You'll see a number of
them;
>one for each world you've visited. Look for the one in the folder
>www.shee.demon.co.uk-albia/avatars/ and delete it. Then renter the world.
It
>should then load the new avatar menu from the internet- if it doesn't, wait
>a few hours, and then try deleting it again. it can take some time!
>
>--
>Lis Morris,
>A.G.C. Goddess of Shee,
>Evil Potato Grower,
>Destroyer of Keyboards
>http://www.shee.demon.co.uk

I've just found out from watching other avatars that their heads are not
attached! I'm not exactly sure how this happened, but it's gonna take some
fixing!

Lis Morris

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98

Lis Morris wrote in message
<915056797.16583.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

I've fixed the norn avatars now- their heads no longer fly off! Took some
doing...
Anyway, at the moment they;re working their way through onto my webpage- you
should see the new version in about 24 hours. You'll know when it gets
there- the feet are slightly duller in colour.