[C2]Need experienced Norn Torturers

Pat Harvey

May 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/30/99
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for some experienced Norn torturers to torture some of my cutest
Norns for me. They will be put up on my website, all credit given to you.
I have a selection of very cute Norns just waiting to be tormented on 'The
Innocent' page, but if you want to send in your own tortured Norns feel free
to do so. For all you Norn Lovers I have posted some Norns I have
personally tortured on 'The Tormented' page, I'd love to see someone
rehabilitate the Norn Sam.
Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ar/creaturesabyss/ and do your worst!
Thanks,

Pat

Groovychic

May 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/30/99
That is really horrible.

--
EMail: Sop...@groovychic.freeserve.co.uk
ICQ: 24448191

Pat Harvey

May 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/30/99

Groovychic wrote in message <7is5kg$cqn$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>That is really horrible.
>
>--
>EMail: Sop...@groovychic.freeserve.co.uk
>ICQ: 24448191

Well if you'd like to discuss it with other Norn torturers I welcome you to
do so on my message board; it is simply another way to play creatures.
Pat
The Creatures Abyss : http://www.angelfire.com/ar/creaturesabyss/
The Creatures Match : http://www.angelfire.com/in/tcm2/

Indigo

May 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/30/99
Groovychic <Sop...@groovychic.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> That is really horrible.
[snip of post about norn torturing]

Hmmmm...

So then wouldn't exporting and deleting a norn be torture as well?? Or even
worse... sending the norn to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle
bin, sending it back to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle bin,
[repeat process 10x] and THEN deleting it be torture as well??

Or doing this to any file for that matter...

I propose, ERFAF. Equal Rights For All Files. In an effort to keep all files
happy and free from deletion and death. ;P

[sarcasm meter readout: 100%]

Indigo

--
*+*+*+*+*+*
"Zaphod... he's just this guy... y'know?"

xOtix

May 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/30/99
On Sun, 30 May 1999 21:43:28 +0100, "Pat Harvey"
<creatur...@yahoo.com> gave us the benefit of their wisdom
thusly:

>Groovychic wrote in message <7is5kg$cqn$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...
>>That is really horrible.
>>
>>--
>>EMail: Sop...@groovychic.freeserve.co.uk
>>ICQ: 24448191
>
>Well if you'd like to discuss it with other Norn torturers I welcome you to
>do so on my message board; it is simply another way to play creatures.

Yeah. The sick and perverted way.

< <<Artist>> >

Creatures Community Advocate
ERFNB! ERFEBPMBE!
+++ EX-AGC FAQs Archivist/Creator of
<< xOtix's "Jus' Gimme All Th'Creatures FAQs" >>
--Creatures(1), Creatures2, alt.games.creatures
http://www.jannart.on.ca/allcfaqs.htm

+++ Now Moved to ALBIA2000--
http://www.welcome.to/creatures.newbies/

Jannart Digital Design & Animation:
http://www.jannart.on.ca

Host to Carolyn Horn's "Slink's Specials"

Creator of The Albian Fruit Basket COB <for C2>
(with a lot of help from JayD!)

Maker of the <C2> Toy-B-Gone spray
Thanks to Brad for the prototype Weed-B-Gone!

< x0...@my-dejanews.com >

Species Range reserved: 17000 - 17099.
Also: photographer, composer,
musician, singer, writer.
Advocate for Literacy and The Arts

Harlander

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
xOtix <s...@mblock.ed> wrote in message

> On Sun, 30 May 1999 21:43:28 +0100, "Pat Harvey"
> <creatur...@yahoo.com> gave us the benefit of their wisdom
> thusly:
>

> >Groovychic wrote in message <7is5kg$cqn$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> >>That is really horrible.
> >>
> >>--
> >>EMail: Sop...@groovychic.freeserve.co.uk
> >>ICQ: 24448191
> >
> >Well if you'd like to discuss it with other Norn torturers I welcome you
> >do so on my message board; it is simply another way to play creatures.
>
> Yeah. The sick and perverted way.

That's surprisingly non-tolerant of you....

Stephanie K.

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99

Indigo wrote in message <2Wh43.10044$gG2....@news.rdc2.occa.home.com>...

>Groovychic <Sop...@groovychic.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> That is really horrible.
>[snip of post about norn torturing]
>
>Hmmmm...
>
>So then wouldn't exporting and deleting a norn be torture as well?? Or even
>worse... sending the norn to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle
>bin, sending it back to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle bin,
>[repeat process 10x] and THEN deleting it be torture as well??

No, that would be murder (j/k). To torture a norn you would have to cause it
pain, whilst exporting and deleting is pretty painless.

Steffik

xOtix

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
On Mon, 31 May 1999 04:32:22 +0100, "Harlander"
<harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> gave us the benefit of their
wisdom thusly:

>xOtix <s...@mblock.ed> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 30 May 1999 21:43:28 +0100, "Pat Harvey"
>> <creatur...@yahoo.com> gave us the benefit of their wisdom
>> thusly:

>> >Well if you'd like to discuss it with other Norn torturers I welcome you
>> >do so on my message board; it is simply another way to play creatures.
>>
>> Yeah. The sick and perverted way.
>
>That's surprisingly non-tolerant of you....

yes, I know it is. But ever since I saw that shocking picture of a
tortured norn on AN's website, which made me feel sick to my stomach
(go ahead and laugh, but it really does. Probably because I have a
highly sensitive visual/graphical sense). I disconnected from the site
immediately and have never gone back.

I do feel that that way of playing the game is a perversion. I don't
thnk it's healthy for people to indulge themselves that way, but in no
way am I going to say they must not do that, because people have to
make up their own minds about what they do with their time and
life-energy.

AN has been very kind to people here and doesn't post mesages
reminding people of the things he does to norns and I appreciate
that.

It is possible that I am overly sensitive about torture, violence
(violation), blood and guts, even in movies (I have on occasion
quietly got up and left a number of movie theatres when graphic
violence was being shown).

It is also possible that people who indulge themselves in virtual
torture are overly numb.

Who knows? I don't. I only know that I disapprove (such a prissy word,
but there it is) of what I perceive it to be and what I perceive it
to do to the person indulging in it.

I also don't approve of showing these images anywhere where children
can find and view them. Or advertising the sites where children read
and post and are liable to get curious and go there and get shocked.

Not all children have good parents who add parental controls to their
computers...

I suppose I could have kept my opinion to myself, but I believe I've
earned the privilege of speaking my opinion. No one has to agree with
any part of it.

I'll stop now. I've probably said more than enough to get myself
lynched for intolerance. (But there are other things I'm intolerant
of too, as I'm sure you've learned from my many posts here)

Matthew Rowbotham

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
They are not real. They do not suffer 'pain' that is in any way similar to ours.
They simply note the presence of a high amount of a chemical called pain and the
computer is told to display sad sprites. Some neural linkages are changed and
off they go. When this guy talks about tormented norns, he is really talking
about norns who's brains have been scrambled by what has been done to them. This
is not actually pain of any real kind - it just makes them behave in a way that
we would interpret as scared etc... Their brains are not anywhere near
complicated enough to have any real consciousness of pain as a 'bad' thing - it
is simply a thing which happens to them. They don't scream inside "Why me?".
Far too much anthropomorphism goes on around here. There may well come a time
when it would be genuinely cruel to torture a-life creatures. That time has not
yet come. What about Andrew Carroll - he has made norns which can replicate the
initiation, progression and eventual death from cancer. Is this cruel? No. It is
on the other hand absolutely fascinating and likewise are experiments into
rehabilitating 'tortured norns'.
Remember at all times that norns are incredibly simple creatures and, for all
the complexity of the program, they are still less intelligent than ants.

Matt the Realist

Craig Schafer

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99

Matthew Rowbotham wrote:

> They are not real. They do not suffer 'pain' that is in any way similar to ours.

I know...but they're so darn cute! I mean, well, you're right, it's not real, BUT,
what can you say for a person who ENJOYS beating up norns, just for the fun of it?

Kylie

RedWordSmith

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99

Not exactly the usual reaction, but I think everyone will/can react to
anything else however they want.

> I do feel that that way of playing the game is a perversion. I don't
> thnk it's healthy for people to indulge themselves that way, but in no
> way am I going to say they must not do that, because people have to
> make up their own minds about what they do with their time and
> life-energy.

Let the people do as they wish? :)

> AN has been very kind to people here and doesn't post mesages
> reminding people of the things he does to norns and I appreciate
> that.

In other terms, he hasn't been a troll when he had great potential to be. :)

> It is possible that I am overly sensitive about torture, violence
> (violation), blood and guts, even in movies (I have on occasion
> quietly got up and left a number of movie theatres when graphic
> violence was being shown).

Perhaps a little bit. Not actually a bad thing in this day and age.

> It is also possible that people who indulge themselves in virtual
> torture are overly numb.

Meh. Let's face it, AN is weird, and he's admitted as much in JRChat.

> Who knows? I don't. I only know that I disapprove (such a prissy word,
> but there it is) of what I perceive it to be and what I perceive it
> to do to the person indulging in it.

I could think of no strong appropriate word than "disapprove" in that
instance.

> I also don't approve of showing these images anywhere where children
> can find and view them. Or advertising the sites where children read
> and post and are liable to get curious and go there and get shocked.

I'll disagree there, politely, in saying that AN's website as-is is not half
as bad as most daytime TV, or even Sat. Morning TV aimed at kids. This
reminds me much of what one of my recent High School English teachers said
about literature. Basically, you have two types: wholesome and junk food.
Wholesome, (I can only assume) would be heavily intellectual works like
_1984_, Shakespeare, and the _MYST_ books. Literary junk food would include
Stephen King, _For Dummies_ books, and _The Simpsons: A Guide to Our Favorite
Family_. AN's site is sort of the junk food of the Creature's community.
It's funny (arguably) but it probably isn't the site that would be voted as
"Most memorable". "Wholesome" sites might include LJR's _The Norn
Underground_, Madfish's library, and Frimlin's. Some sites could arguably
fall somewhere inbetween, and arguments could be made for reversing my
classification above. Ultimately, it's a matter of opinion.

> Not all children have good parents who add parental controls to their
> computers...

I don't believe AN's site is explicitly blocked by any filtering software. I
could mention how inaccurate those things are/can be, but I'd rather focus on
a different argument. Basically, it relates to an article I read recently
about Hate Websites and filtering software. The basic point of the article is
that out of 10 hate sites tests, only 3 were actually blocked (Nazi sites,
etc. Most were indicated to be top level domains/something.org) with a
popular bit of filtering software. An interesting point that was brought up
at the end of the article was that people do need to hear the opposing
arguments to peace eventually, and hopefully see them for what they're for:
pure bull. It also reminds me of the book _Age of Propaganda_ by Anthony R.
Pratkanis and Elliot Aronson. At one point in the book it talked about an
"inoculation" propaganda technique. The idea is that you present your
argument along with a weaker version of it's counterpoint. This was actually
used by the Tobacco companies in their "For those of you who smoke/For those
of you who don't" ads, cited in the book. Then, when the _actual_
counterpoint is presented, the audience already knows how to block or
counteract it psychologically, making it much more difficult for your opponent
to persuade. The point I'm getting at is that not even some of the worst
things on the net will hurt children that can come up with effect
counterarguments to faulty rhetoric, and know how to avoid things they just
shouldn't be in due to a high "junk food factor." Until that time, filtering
is a smoke screen, the best thing a parent can do is watch over their children
and check on them. Certainly not installing a filter doesn't make one a *bad*
parent.

> I suppose I could have kept my opinion to myself, but I believe I've
> earned the privilege of speaking my opinion. No one has to agree with
> any part of it.

I don't believe in opinion hiding. :)

> I'll stop now. I've probably said more than enough to get myself
> lynched for intolerance. (But there are other things I'm intolerant
> of too, as I'm sure you've learned from my many posts here)

Jann, compared to many people you are /very/ tolerant.

--
"Have you even played Creatures?
Does your post have ANY bearing on this newsgroup?

"Well, for starters, don't call them "Nova Subterria".
There's no I in the name at all; it's "Nova Subterra".
-LummoxJR <19990222140333...@ng-fi1.aol.com>

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."
-John F. Kennedy <NOTON...@SILLY.INVALID>

"What is free.fan.redwordsmith? O_O And why am I crossposting
to it? o.o" -Wafuru <3704536F...@annex.com>

EtHan: A Shee:
http://nic.dreamhost.com/lib/shee/
Mysterious Shee Yahoo
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/mysteriousshee

"Happy99 proved there were alot of stupid people on the net.
This one proves that not only are they stupid, they won't learn."
- Jay Denebeim <7dmgb8$5dj$1...@dent.deepthot.aurora.co.us>

Nic (RedWord)Smith
AGC Executioner of Trolls
DNRC Member (Dogbert or Domain Rights*)
Undertaker of things extraordinary
alt.games.petz person

*I forget which one.

Matthew Rowbotham

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
I agree that you must be a bit twisted to even attempt to cause a digital creature
pain unless you are interested in the scientific repercussions. The 'so darn cute'
argument really bugs me I have to say - they're just sprites! Would you be more okay
with someone slapping a grendel 'cos they're not cute? Gimme a break. I personally
think that an involuntary violent reaction to the excessively cute (yet artificial) is
quite healthy. I would love to go round a toystore and rip the heads off most little
girl's toys because their cutesiness makes me quite ill. Norns don't get to me in the
same way. On the other hand I love AntiNorns gallery of tortured Norn dolls - very
creative and absolutely hilarious.

Matt (AntiCute)

Pat Harvey

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
>yes, I know it is. But ever since I saw that shocking picture of a
>tortured norn on AN's website, which made me feel sick to my stomach
>(go ahead and laugh, but it really does. Probably because I have a
>highly sensitive visual/graphical sense). I disconnected from the site
>immediately and have never gone back.
That's fine by me, what ever you want to do.

>I do feel that that way of playing the game is a perversion. I don't
>thnk it's healthy for people to indulge themselves that way, but in no
>way am I going to say they must not do that, because people have to
>make up their own minds about what they do with their time and
>life-energy.

That's good too

>AN has been very kind to people here and doesn't post mesages
>reminding people of the things he does to norns and I appreciate
>that.
>

>It is possible that I am overly sensitive about torture, violence
>(violation), blood and guts, even in movies (I have on occasion
>quietly got up and left a number of movie theatres when graphic
>violence was being shown).

I can understand that.

>It is also possible that people who indulge themselves in virtual
>torture are overly numb.

I've tortured 4 Norns. That's all. Incedentially on my page.

>Who knows? I don't. I only know that I disapprove (such a prissy word,
>but there it is) of what I perceive it to be and what I perceive it
>to do to the person indulging in it.
>

>I also don't approve of showing these images anywhere where children
>can find and view them. Or advertising the sites where children read
>and post and are liable to get curious and go there and get shocked.

If you went to my website you will see a warning page, clearly stating that
this page is not suitable for children.

>Not all children have good parents who add parental controls to their
>computers...
>

>I suppose I could have kept my opinion to myself, but I believe I've
>earned the privilege of speaking my opinion. No one has to agree with
>any part of it.

>I'll stop now. I've probably said more than enough to get myself
>lynched for intolerance. (But there are other things I'm intolerant
>of too, as I'm sure you've learned from my many posts here)

No, you wont get lynched =) I respect you

Pat

NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN OR SENSITIVE PEOPLE

David Adams

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
Its a dam game people let pat do what he wants.They are sprites, 0's and
1's(binary)Just calm down and leave pat alone.Give him respect for what he
does and if you havent been to the site check it out it well worth it,its
not a torture page it has other kool thing.Dont disrespect him untill you
become perfect.
David

Craig Schafer

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
Gimme a break! The 'so darn cute' was a joke! The rest was real, mind you.

Kylie

Harlander

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99

> On Mon, 31 May 1999 04:32:22 +0100, "Harlander"
> <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> gave us the benefit of their
> wisdom thusly:
>
> >xOtix <s...@mblock.ed> wrote in message
> >> On Sun, 30 May 1999 21:43:28 +0100, "Pat Harvey"
> >> <creatur...@yahoo.com> gave us the benefit of their wisdom
> >> thusly:

> >> Yeah. The sick and perverted way.
> >
> >That's surprisingly non-tolerant of you....
>
> yes, I know it is. But ever since I saw that shocking picture of a
> tortured norn on AN's website, which made me feel sick to my stomach
> (go ahead and laugh, but it really does. Probably because I have a
> highly sensitive visual/graphical sense). I disconnected from the site
> immediately and have never gone back.

Fair enough. Actually, my viewpoint on the norn-torturing issue changed as
time passed. I guess I'm more ready to laugh at other people/entities'
misfortunes than I was in the past...

> I do feel that that way of playing the game is a perversion. I don't
> thnk it's healthy for people to indulge themselves that way, but in no
> way am I going to say they must not do that, because people have to
> make up their own minds about what they do with their time and
> life-energy.

'tis true.

> It is possible that I am overly sensitive about torture, violence
> (violation), blood and guts, even in movies (I have on occasion
> quietly got up and left a number of movie theatres when graphic
> violence was being shown).

I'm not a fan of graphic violence myself - not usually, anyway.

> It is also possible that people who indulge themselves in virtual
> torture are overly numb.

It's a possibility.

> Who knows? I don't. I only know that I disapprove (such a prissy word,
> but there it is) of what I perceive it to be and what I perceive it
> to do to the person indulging in it.

You can disapprove all you want.

> I also don't approve of showing these images anywhere where children
> can find and view them. Or advertising the sites where children read
> and post and are liable to get curious and go there and get shocked.

They're going to get shocked at some point in their lives, anway, most
likely multiple times.

> Not all children have good parents who add parental controls to their
> computers...

It is the duty of the parent to protect their offspring from anything they
feel might cause... (what's the word?)... psychological.... badness... to
occur. However, an excess of this protection could also cause damage.

> I suppose I could have kept my opinion to myself, but I believe I've
> earned the privilege of speaking my opinion. No one has to agree with
> any part of it.

I'd say you have as much right as anyone to say what you believe to be the
case.

> I'll stop now. I've probably said more than enough to get myself
> lynched for intolerance. (But there are other things I'm intolerant
> of too, as I'm sure you've learned from my many posts here)

I don't think it's possible to be fully tolerant of everything.

jimbo

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>Fair enough. Actually, my viewpoint on the norn-torturing issue changed as
>time passed. I guess I'm more ready to laugh at other people/entities'
>misfortunes than I was in the past...

hah! nice one harly.... what's forced that mature change then? ;)

<snippety snip snip at various points>

>> It is possible that I am overly sensitive about torture, violence
>> (violation), blood and guts, even in movies (I have on occasion
>> quietly got up and left a number of movie theatres when graphic
>> violence was being shown).
>
>I'm not a fan of graphic violence myself - not usually, anyway.

i either find it amusing or disturbing... most of the time amusing, especially
when it's done in a comic-book style fashion like, i dunno, arnie films or
summat. most disturbing is real-life... e.g. *that* toilet scene in full metal
jacket, as well as numerous others.... not toilet scenes, just general people
dying horribly, convincingly too. strange, really, cos most people get worked
up about "gratuitously" violent films like, i dunno, blade, terminator 2, i dunno,
when really i don't think they do *me* any harm... it's the real life ones, the
critically acclaimed ones, that disturb me the most. i still watch, i even find it
interesting, i just find it a bit disturbing. stop saying disturbing, boy! go away,
other person. ok.

just like to say, aussi, que i think antinorn is a grade a chap and his site is
funny. that's my view, but then i'm disillusioned with c2 and norns in general
and therefore don't mind people taking their frustrations or whatever out on
those infernal blighters. :)
--
jimbo

official a.g.c. fingerpuppet ubermeister
fingerpuppets! fingerpuppets! get 'em while they're hot!

chirpy deck swabber of the jolly weeble

http://surf.to/jimbo123 - 200 norns, grendels, ettins, hybrids; jayd's cobs, mr nstuff's
cobs, plus bucketloads of others, creature gallery, links, music and a PHOTO OF
JIMBO! you want more?!?

if for some reason the above url works not, here is the full one:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Cavern/1556

"i thought i was wrong once. i was mistaken." - karl kennedy

"hope is the one thing we will always have. hopefully." - me!

world's worst misquote:
"the end of the world is nice."

"i've been birched by naked women in a sauna." - lis

"WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH"
and most importantly,
"JIMBO IS COOL." hehe.

you may have noticed that there are few capital letters in my posts. frankly, i can't be
arsed with them.

the all new serious bit!

"prejudice burns brighter when it's all we have to burn"
"there is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday"
"the centre of humanity is cruelty"
"the only way to gain approval is by exploiting the very thing that cheapens me"
"the weak die young and right now we crouch to make them strong" - all words from
the gospel of the msp. respect!

LJVPM

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
>yes, I know it is. But ever since I saw that shocking picture of a
>tortured norn on AN's website, which made me feel sick to my stomach
>(go ahead and laugh, but it really does. Probably because I have a
>highly sensitive visual/graphical sense). I disconnected from the site
>immediately and have never gone back.

I did the same thing. 'Cept I went back once to download some of the norns.

>I also don't approve of showing these images anywhere where children
>can find and view them. Or advertising the sites where children read
>and post and are liable to get curious and go there and get shocked.

I dunno if 13 counts as a child but I didn't like it much........

>I'll stop now. I've probably said more than enough to get myself
>lynched for intolerance.

Not at all! Isn't a newsgroup meant for voicing opinions, too? And you've put
it better than a lot of people would've (Myself included <G>).

Harlander

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
> >
> >Fair enough. Actually, my viewpoint on the norn-torturing issue changed
as
> >time passed. I guess I'm more ready to laugh at other people/entities'
> >misfortunes than I was in the past...
>
> hah! nice one harly.... what's forced that mature change then? ;)

I have no idea. It just happened, like.

> <snippety snip snip at various points>
>
> >> It is possible that I am overly sensitive about torture, violence
> >> (violation), blood and guts, even in movies (I have on occasion
> >> quietly got up and left a number of movie theatres when graphic
> >> violence was being shown).
> >
> >I'm not a fan of graphic violence myself - not usually, anyway.
>
> i either find it amusing or disturbing... most of the time amusing,
especially
> when it's done in a comic-book style fashion like, i dunno, arnie films or
> summat. most disturbing is real-life... e.g. *that* toilet scene in full
metal
> jacket, as well as numerous others.... not toilet scenes, just general
people
> dying horribly, convincingly too. strange, really, cos most people get
worked
> up about "gratuitously" violent films like, i dunno, blade, terminator 2,
i dunno,
> when really i don't think they do *me* any harm... it's the real life
ones, the
> critically acclaimed ones, that disturb me the most. i still watch, i even
find it
> interesting, i just find it a bit disturbing. stop saying disturbing, boy!
go away,
> other person. ok.

:: blinks rapidly :: what the heck was that!?

> just like to say, aussi, que i think antinorn is a grade a chap and his
site is
> funny. that's my view, but then i'm disillusioned with c2 and norns in
general
> and therefore don't mind people taking their frustrations or whatever out
on
> those infernal blighters. :)

I agree that AN's site is guffaw-inspiring, and no-one who uses Linux can be
evil. Or can they? MwhahahahahahahahahaahahaAHAHAHAHA!

LJVPM

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
>So then wouldn't exporting and deleting a norn be torture as well?? Or even
>worse... sending the norn to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle
>bin, sending it back to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle bin,
>[repeat process 10x] and THEN deleting it be torture as well??

Not really.........see, when they're .exp files they can't feel anything, can
they? Can they? CAN THEY???? I hope not.

Sonic28940

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99

>>I also don't approve of showing these images anywhere where children
>>can find and view them. Or advertising the sites where children read
>>and post and are liable to get curious and go there and get shocked.
>
>I dunno if 13 counts as a child but I didn't like it much........

Pfft! You don't approve of showing these images where children can find and
view them? Referring to images of norns? Golly, find something a bit more
relevant to complain about.

There's a post in alt.games.creatures called "Hot Horny Toung Teens" with an
XXX binary pic attached to it. I'd be more worried about children finding and
viewing THAT than finding and viewing explicit pictures of naked norns or
whatever you're whining about.

-Sonic (Remove the Q from my email address to mail me)

Harlander

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
LJVPM <lj...@aol.comical> wrote in message

Let's find out, shall we? I must have an old .exp file around here
somewhere.... now where did I leave that copy of PFE?

Nornina

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
>Would you be more okay
>with someone slapping a grendel 'cos they're not cute?

I'd be more angry at someone slapping a Grendel than someone slapping a norn.
In general they are smarter than norns,and I love the voices. I also want to
tickle the grendels silly just to hear that giggle.
Cati
AGC is just insanity slowed down with a few navens stuck in it.
Porch scardey-cat and MSTie (On AFGS)
Nornina's norns: http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Tower/5642/
I am Drunk of Borg. Resistance is floor tile.

Indigo

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
LJVPM <lj...@aol.comical> wrote in message
> >So then wouldn't exporting and deleting a norn be torture as well?? Or
even
> >worse... sending the norn to the recycle bin, removing it from the
recycle
> >bin, sending it back to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle
bin,
> >[repeat process 10x] and THEN deleting it be torture as well??
> Not really.........see, when they're .exp files they can't feel anything,
can
> they? Can they? CAN THEY???? I hope not.

No but they can't feel when they're in the game either because they're made
of the same numbers as they are when they're .exp files. Binaries.

LJVPM

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99

>>I dunno if 13 counts as a child but I didn't like it much........
>
>Pfft! You don't approve of showing these images where children can find and
>view them? Referring to images of norns? Golly, find something a bit more
>relevant to complain about.
>
>There's a post in alt.games.creatures called "Hot Horny Toung Teens" with an
>XXX binary pic attached to it. I'd be more worried about children finding and
>viewing THAT than finding and viewing explicit pictures of naked norns or
>whatever you're whining about.

Acctually, I was "whining" about pics of norns being tortured. Would you like
kids to find pictures of cute little fuzzy things being beaten to death by big
green monsters?
Porn pics are probably worse but the kid has to download 'em before he/she can
see 'em, these were up for all to see.
I don't want to sound as if I'm flaming you and I DON'T want to start a flame
war but could you make sure you know what I'm talking about before you yell?
Sorry but I don't like norn torturing. Could we agree to differ? :)
~~~Eljay
Who's given up on long sigs.

jimbo

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
>> >
>> >Fair enough. Actually, my viewpoint on the norn-torturing issue changed
>as
>> >time passed. I guess I'm more ready to laugh at other people/entities'
>> >misfortunes than I was in the past...
>>
>> hah! nice one harly.... what's forced that mature change then? ;)
>
>I have no idea. It just happened, like.

you scouser you.

yes.

>> just like to say, aussi, que i think antinorn is a grade a chap and his
>site is
>> funny. that's my view, but then i'm disillusioned with c2 and norns in
>general
>> and therefore don't mind people taking their frustrations or whatever out
>on
>> those infernal blighters. :)
>
>I agree that AN's site is guffaw-inspiring, and no-one who uses Linux can be
>evil. Or can they? MwhahahahahahahahahaahahaAHAHAHAHA!

er... hmm.

Stephanie K.

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99

Indigo wrote in message ...

>LJVPM <lj...@aol.comical> wrote in message
>> >So then wouldn't exporting and deleting a norn be torture as well?? Or
>even
>> >worse... sending the norn to the recycle bin, removing it from the
>recycle
>> >bin, sending it back to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle
>bin,
>> >[repeat process 10x] and THEN deleting it be torture as well??
>> Not really.........see, when they're .exp files they can't feel anything,
>can
>> they? Can they? CAN THEY???? I hope not.
>
>No but they can't feel when they're in the game either because they're made
>of the same numbers as they are when they're .exp files. Binaries.

Ah, but in the game they are being read and updated whilst when they are in
.exps they are inert, so to speak.

Steffik

Indigo

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
Stephanie K. <ste...@the-funny-farm.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Ah, but in the game they are being read and updated whilst when they are
in
> .exps they are inert, so to speak.
> Steffik

Regardless... they aren't alive. They can't feel.
They are made of the same stuff that your entire OS is made of.
Bits, bytes, data... not cells, blood, genes, etc.

NORNGod

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
Indigo wrote:

> Stephanie K. <ste...@the-funny-farm.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Ah, but in the game they are being read and updated whilst when they are
> in
> > .exps they are inert, so to speak.
> > Steffik
>
> Regardless... they aren't alive. They can't feel.
> They are made of the same stuff that your entire OS is made of.
> Bits, bytes, data... not cells, blood, genes, etc.

Especially the original C2 genome.. <hurl>.

--
NORNGod - nor...@fast.net
--------------------------

Harlander

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99

> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
> >jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

> >as
> >>
> >> hah! nice one harly.... what's forced that mature change then? ;)
> >
> >I have no idea. It just happened, like.
>
> you scouser you.

How dare you call me a scouser.

Eh?

> >> just like to say, aussi, que i think antinorn is a grade a chap and his
> >site is
> >> funny. that's my view, but then i'm disillusioned with c2 and norns in
> >general
> >> and therefore don't mind people taking their frustrations or whatever
out
> >on
> >> those infernal blighters. :)
> >
> >I agree that AN's site is guffaw-inspiring, and no-one who uses Linux can
be
> >evil. Or can they? MwhahahahahahahahahaahahaAHAHAHAHA!
>
> er... hmm.

go, go, my minions, and take over the world!

RedWordSmith

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99

NORNGod wrote:

> Especially the original C2 genome.. <hurl>.

Did you mean <hurl> throwup/vomit or <hurl> throw something? ';-|

--
RedWordSmith

NORNGod

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
RedWordSmith wrote:

> NORNGod wrote:
> >
> > Especially the original C2 genome.. <hurl>.
> >

> Did you mean <hurl> throwup/vomit or <hurl> throw something? ';-|

Vomit, of course. =D

Sonic28940

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

Pardon me! Didn't mean to be rude. Sure, let's agree to disagree. You can enjoy
your porn and I can enjoy my tortured norns. I was just trying to say that kids
with access to the internet can find much worse things than, say, tortured
norns, with the same amount of effort. Doesn't his website say something like
"Warning, this page contains controversial material, do not enter if under 18"
or something similar? I know I went to some Creatures page with a message to
that effect.

ant

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

Harlander wrote in message <7iuuk1$v85$2...@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
>> >
>> >Fair enough. Actually, my viewpoint on the norn-torturing issue changed
>as
>> >time passed. I guess I'm more ready to laugh at other people/entities'
>> >misfortunes than I was in the past...
>>
>> hah! nice one harly.... what's forced that mature change then? ;)
>
>I have no idea. It just happened, like.
>
>> just like to say, aussi, que i think antinorn is a grade a chap and his
>site is
>> funny. that's my view, but then i'm disillusioned with c2 and norns in
>general
>> and therefore don't mind people taking their frustrations or whatever out
>on
>> those infernal blighters. :)
>
>I agree that AN's site is guffaw-inspiring, and no-one who uses Linux can
be
>evil. Or can they? MwhahahahahahahahahaahahaAHAHAHAHA!

evil what is that, there are only black hats, white hats and gray hats, the
labels "good" and "evil" have no relevance.

ant

If you find spelling mistakes, you may keep them

ant

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

Matthew Rowbotham wrote in message <3752A88A...@jesus.ox.ac.uk>...
>I agree that you must be a bit twisted to even attempt to cause a digital
creature
>pain unless you are interested in the scientific repercussions. The 'so
darn cute'
>argument really bugs me I have to say - they're just sprites! Would you be
more okay

>with someone slapping a grendel 'cos they're not cute? Gimme a break. I
personally
>think that an involuntary violent reaction to the excessively cute (yet
artificial) is
>quite healthy. I would love to go round a toystore and rip the heads off
most little
>girl's toys because their cutesiness makes me quite ill. Norns don't get to
me in the
>same way. On the other hand I love AntiNorns gallery of tortured Norn
dolls - very
>creative and absolutely hilarious.
>
>Matt (AntiCute)

I know of a site where Muppets are generally degraded and debased in some
very creative ways but there is no way I am going to give the URL here, it
has some serious "adult" grade language.

ant

Of course too much is bad for you, that’s what too much means.

ant

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

LJVPM wrote in message <19990531171929...@ng-ba1.aol.com>...

>>So then wouldn't exporting and deleting a norn be torture as well?? Or
even
>>worse... sending the norn to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle
>>bin, sending it back to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle bin,
>>[repeat process 10x] and THEN deleting it be torture as well??
>
>Not really.........see, when they're .exp files they can't feel anything,
can
>they? Can they? CAN THEY???? I hope not.

I think of it as a stasis box or some sort of norn cryogenic facility. BTW
it is just as easy to damage a norn brain by rewarding it to much. so in a
way repeatedly tickling a norn is torture, that is just my opinion though.

ant

"God is in the T.V. and Satan lives in my VCR."

Indigo

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
ant <dont...@evil.spam> wrote in message

> I think of it as a stasis box or some sort of norn cryogenic facility. BTW
> it is just as easy to damage a norn brain by rewarding it to much. so in a
> way repeatedly tickling a norn is torture, that is just my opinion though.

May be just your opinion, but it's true.
::nods::

ICEKNIFE

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

LJVPM wrote in message <19990531171929...@ng-ba1.aol.com>...
>>So then wouldn't exporting and deleting a norn be torture as well?? Or
even
>>worse... sending the norn to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle
>>bin, sending it back to the recycle bin, removing it from the recycle bin,
>>[repeat process 10x] and THEN deleting it be torture as well??
>
>Not really.........see, when they're .exp files they can't feel anything,
can
>they? Can they? CAN THEY???? I hope not.

Maybe not... but you know DURN GOOD AND WELL, in your heart,
that YOUR COMPUTER sure can!!!

I'm a lot more concerned about what my computer sees,
than the kids. My computer is a lot more impressionable!

ICEKNIFE

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

Indigo wrote in message ...
>Stephanie K. <ste...@the-funny-farm.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Ah, but in the game they are being read and updated whilst when they are
>in
>> .exps they are inert, so to speak.
>> Steffik
>
>Regardless... they aren't alive. They can't feel.
>They are made of the same stuff that your entire OS is made of.
>Bits, bytes, data... not cells, blood, genes, etc.

Your blood , cells, genes, ect. are
made up of data stored in quantal form,
just quanta and intervals; 1's and 0's.

jimbo

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>> >I have no idea. It just happened, like.
>>
>> you scouser you.
>
>How dare you call me a scouser.

eh eh, it just happened, like.
you askin'?

>> >i dunno,
>> >ones, the
>even
>> >find it
>boy!
>> >go away,
>> >
>> >:: blinks rapidly :: what the heck was that!?
>>

>> yes.
>
>Eh?

my point is ably demonstrated by that hamster over there. ::points to hamster
running on generator wheel which powers jimbo's house:: faster, nipper,
faster! don't make me get the whip out!

>> >site is
>> >general
>out
>> >on
>> >
>> >I agree that AN's site is guffaw-inspiring, and no-one who uses Linux can
>be
>> >evil. Or can they? MwhahahahahahahahahaahahaAHAHAHAHA!
>>

>> er... hmm.
>
>go, go, my minions, and take over the world!

thought that said onions for a sec.

Stephanie K.

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

Indigo wrote in message ...
>Stephanie K. <ste...@the-funny-farm.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Ah, but in the game they are being read and updated whilst when they are
>in
>> .exps they are inert, so to speak.
>> Steffik
>
>Regardless... they aren't alive. They can't feel.
>They are made of the same stuff that your entire OS is made of.
>Bits, bytes, data... not cells, blood, genes, etc.

Yea, but a table is made up of molecules and so are we: the difference is in
the arrangement.

Steffik who isn't going for a flame war and can go on like this forever
because she hasn't been allowed to
join the school debating club.

Harlander

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

what is that, there are only black hats, white hats and gray hats, the
> labels "good" and "evil" have no relevance.

Then how does your evil-o-meter work?

Pat Harvey

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
>Doesn't his website say something like
>"Warning, this page contains controversial material, do not enter if under
18"
>or something similar?

Yes. Anyway, I need some Norn torturers. =)

Pat

The Creatures Abyss : www.angelfire.com/ar/creaturesabyss/
The Creatures Match : www.angelfire.com/in/tcm2/

Harlander

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
> >>
> >> you scouser you.
> >
> >How dare you call me a scouser.
>
> eh eh, it just happened, like.
> you askin'?

why? you fightin'? eh, eh, calm down calm down..

> >even
> >boy!

> >> yes.
> >
> >Eh?
>
> my point is ably demonstrated by that hamster over there. ::points to
hamster
> running on generator wheel which powers jimbo's house:: faster, nipper,
> faster! don't make me get the whip out!

Um... moving swiftly along...

> >out

> >be
> >>
> >> er... hmm.
> >
> >go, go, my minions, and take over the world!
> >
> thought that said onions for a sec.

How can... never mind.

ant

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

Harlander wrote in message <7j42ov$n3e$4...@news4.svr.pol.co.uk>...
it just notes the hat quanta emitted by the subject and their level of
blackness plus some other data like the charm and up down state of the
quanta and converts the data into a user friendly general evil reading, you
should know that since you gave me the Linux version of the unit. I wont
bore you with an in depth description of how it discriminates between
virtual and real wave functions and how it can detect a collapsing
probability wave function.

ant

7 Extended meaning of use
Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in this Schedule to the
use of a thing is a reference to the use of the thing either:
(a) in isolation; or
(b) in conjunction with one or more other things.

SnornL

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
RedWordSmith wrote:

> Wholesome, (I can only assume) would be heavily intellectual works like
> _1984_, Shakespeare, and the _MYST_ books. Literary junk food would include
> Stephen King, _For Dummies_ books, and _The Simpsons: A Guide to Our Favorite
> Family_.

Yes, I know, I'm ignoring the whole point of your post, but I've just
gotta say that I've read 'MYST: The Book of Atrus', and really, really
found it to be the best book I've ever read. Ever! MYST and Riven are
the same sort of thing, they're the kind of games where I can go to
escape from my life, and I've enjoyed them immensely. (Alright, maybe
this post belongs in alt.games.riven, but anyway...) In fact, the first
time I met Gehn in Riven, I hated him. He seemed like a perfectly nice
chap and all, but after reading 'The Book of Atrus', I couldn't forgive
him for the way he'd treated Atrus. I'm perfectly aware he doesn't
exist, but that doesn't stop me from hating him. The MYST books are
incredibly incredible, and I recommend them to everyone. And I don't
mind saying that yes, I cried several times when reading 'The Book of
Atrus', and I still cry every time I re-read it. So there ya go. What a
pointless rambling post this was, eh?

--
SnornL

Indigo

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
SnornL <la_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Yes, I know, I'm ignoring the whole point of your post, but I've just
> gotta say that I've read 'MYST: The Book of Atrus', and really, really
> found it to be the best book I've ever read. [sssssnippetty doo dah...]

Yes, my best friend will agree with you.
She's read the Myst books quite a few times I believe and has practically
memorized the... language (d'ni?? or something??).

But I still hold to the fact that Jennifer Roberson's "Chronicles of the
Cheysuli" are the best BEST BEST books ever. =)

Of course, Louise Cooper's "Indigo" series is pretty good too. <g>
(Good enough that my alias was named after the main character, anyways).

jimbo

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>> >How dare you call me a scouser.
>>
>> eh eh, it just happened, like.
>> you askin'?
>
>why? you fightin'? eh, eh, calm down calm down..

oh, dey do do don't dey.

>life
>> >even
>disturbing,
>> >boy!

>> >Eh?
>>
>> my point is ably demonstrated by that hamster over there. ::points to
>hamster
>> running on generator wheel which powers jimbo's house:: faster, nipper,
>> faster! don't make me get the whip out!
>
>Um... moving swiftly along...

it is, actually.... doesn't like being threatened with me whip.

>his
>in
>whatever
>> >out

>can
>> >be

>> >go, go, my minions, and take over the world!
>> >
>> thought that said onions for a sec.
>
>How can... never mind.

on ne sait jamais, harly, on ne sait jamais.

Harlander

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99

> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
> >jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

> >> eh eh, it just happened, like.
> >> you askin'?
> >
> >why? you fightin'? eh, eh, calm down calm down..
>
> oh, dey do do don't dey.

Quite possibly.

> >life
> >disturbing,

> >> my point is ably demonstrated by that hamster over there. ::points to
> >hamster
> >> running on generator wheel which powers jimbo's house:: faster, nipper,
> >> faster! don't make me get the whip out!
> >
> >Um... moving swiftly along...
>
> it is, actually.... doesn't like being threatened with me whip.

I mean CHANGE THE FREAKING SUBJECT!

> >his
> >in
> >whatever

Linux
> >can

> >> thought that said onions for a sec.
> >
> >How can... never mind.
>
> on ne sait jamais, harly, on ne sait jamais.

What, never? Not even when it's wholly neccessary?

jimbo

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>> >why? you fightin'? eh, eh, calm down calm down..
>>
>> oh, dey do do don't dey.
>
>Quite possibly.

very, i'd say.

>> >hamster
>> >
>> >Um... moving swiftly along...
>>
>> it is, actually.... doesn't like being threatened with me whip.
>
>I mean CHANGE THE FREAKING SUBJECT!

hehe.... i knew that, i was just annoying ya. successfully, i might add.
how's the gcse's going, anyway, harly?

>> >How can... never mind.
>>
>> on ne sait jamais, harly, on ne sait jamais.
>
>What, never? Not even when it's wholly neccessary?

erm....

Harlander

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99

> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
> >>
> >> oh, dey do do don't dey.
> >
> >Quite possibly.
>
> very, i'd say.

Oh, really? Then it's a distinct possibility.

> >> it is, actually.... doesn't like being threatened with me whip.
> >
> >I mean CHANGE THE FREAKING SUBJECT!
>
> hehe.... i knew that, i was just annoying ya. successfully, i might add.
> how's the gcse's going, anyway, harly?

Who can say? Probably better than I imagine.

> >> on ne sait jamais, harly, on ne sait jamais.
> >
> >What, never? Not even when it's wholly neccessary?
>
> erm....

Exactly my point, dear boy.

Vixen

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99

RedWordSmith <redwor...@nic.dreamhost.com> wrote in message > NORNGod

wrote:

> > Especially the original C2 genome.. <hurl>.
> >

> Did you mean <hurl> throwup/vomit or <hurl> throw something? ';-|

Both, I should imagine :)

Vixen
'I like being a mess... it's who I am.'

jimbo

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>> >Quite possibly.
>>
>> very, i'd say.
>
>Oh, really? Then it's a distinct possibility.

great!

>nipper,

>> >I mean CHANGE THE FREAKING SUBJECT!
>>
>> hehe.... i knew that, i was just annoying ya. successfully, i might add.
>> how's the gcse's going, anyway, harly?
>
>Who can say? Probably better than I imagine.

that's good. they went like that for me. i remember thinking i'd completely
buggered up maths, but no, i was saved!

>> >What, never? Not even when it's wholly neccessary?
>>
>> erm....
>
>Exactly my point, dear boy.

not really, i was just confused.

Harlander

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99

> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
> >jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

> >> very, i'd say.
> >
> >Oh, really? Then it's a distinct possibility.
>
> great!

Indeed.

::points
> >nipper,

> >> hehe.... i knew that, i was just annoying ya. successfully, i might
add.
> >> how's the gcse's going, anyway, harly?
> >
> >Who can say? Probably better than I imagine.
>
> that's good. they went like that for me. i remember thinking i'd
completely
> buggered up maths, but no, i was saved!

That's the way it goes. Who can fathom the inner workings of the human mind?

> >> erm....
> >
> >Exactly my point, dear boy.
>
> not really, i was just confused.

I seep. Because I'm really a gelatinous cube.

jimbo

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99
Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>> >Oh, really? Then it's a distinct possibility.
>>
>> great!
>
>Indeed.

i'm so happy.

>> >Who can say? Probably better than I imagine.
>>
>> that's good. they went like that for me. i remember thinking i'd
>completely
>> buggered up maths, but no, i was saved!
>
>That's the way it goes. Who can fathom the inner workings of the human mind?

not me, that's for sure. brain surgeons?

>> >Exactly my point, dear boy.
>>
>> not really, i was just confused.
>
>I seep. Because I'm really a gelatinous cube.

a typo turned into a joke?

Harlander

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99

> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
> >>
> >> great!
> >
> >Indeed.
>
> i'm so happy.

<sings nirvana>
something something I found god
I'm so horny that's OK my will is good
</songs>

> >> that's good. they went like that for me. i remember thinking i'd
> >completely
> >> buggered up maths, but no, i was saved!
> >
> >That's the way it goes. Who can fathom the inner workings of the human
mind?

> not me, that's for sure. brain surgeons?

I doubt even they have a full understanding.

> >> not really, i was just confused.
> >
> >I seep. Because I'm really a gelatinous cube.
>
> a typo turned into a joke?

Yes, if a slightly obscure one.

--
The Harlander
"Do you know why shopkeepers get four attacks a turn? Have you heard the

ant

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99

Harlander wrote in message <7jk09d$m9b$7...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>> >Indeed.
>>
>> i'm so happy.
>
><sings nirvana>
>something something I found god
>I'm so horny that's OK my will is good
></songs>

<begin song transcript>

I’m so happy, cause today I found my friends, they’r in my head.
I’m so ugly, but that’s ok cause so are you, b???? ?????
Sunday morning, is every day for all I care, and I’m not scared.
Light my candles, in a daze cause I found god, yeah

I’m so lonely, that’s ok I shaved my head and I’m not sad
And just maybe, I’m to plain for all I've heard, .I’m not sure
I’m so excited, I cant wait to meet you there, I don’t care
I’m so horny, but that’s ok, my will is good, yeah

I like it, I’m not gonna crack
I miss you, I’m not gonna crack
I love you, I’m not gonna crack
I kill you, I’m not gonna crack
I like it, I’m not gonna crack
I miss you, I’m not gonna crack
I love you, I’m not gonna crack
I kill you, I’m not gonna crack

I’m so happy, cause today I found my friends, they’r in my head.
I’m so ugly, but that’s ok cause so are you, b???? ?????
Sunday morning, is every day for all I care, and I’m not scared.
Light my candles, in a daze cause I found god, yeah

I like it, I’m not gonna crack
I miss you, I’m not gonna crack
I love you, I’m not gonna crack
I kill you, I’m not gonna crack
I like it, I’m not gonna crack
I miss you, I’m not gonna crack
I love you, I’m not gonna crack
I kill you, I’m not gonna crack

<end song transcript>

there you go, I couldn't be bothered searching the web for the two words I
dont know. so if anyone else knows what they are feel free to insert or
correct as required.

ant

Beware Barney the purple dinosaur, for he’s a t-rex and they’re always
carnivores

jimbo

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

>> >Indeed.
>>
>> i'm so happy.
>
><sings nirvana>
>something something I found god
>I'm so horny that's OK my will is good
></songs>

.... er, right.

>> >completely
>> >
>> >That's the way it goes. Who can fathom the inner workings of the human
>mind?
>>
>> not me, that's for sure. brain surgeons?
>
>I doubt even they have a full understanding.

brain biologist people?

>> >I seep. Because I'm really a gelatinous cube.
>>
>> a typo turned into a joke?
>
>Yes, if a slightly obscure one.

funny nonetheless.

Harlander

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99

> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
> >jimbo <ji...@jammer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Harlander <harl...@skipsea.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

> >> i'm so happy.
> >
> ><sings nirvana>
> >something something I found god
> >I'm so horny that's OK my will is good
> ></songs>
>
> .... er, right.

Herm... you's not a Nirvana fan, then.

> >mind?
> >>
> >> not me, that's for sure. brain surgeons?
> >
> >I doubt even they have a full understanding.
>
> brain biologist people?

Ditto.

> >> a typo turned into a joke?
> >
> >Yes, if a slightly obscure one.
>
> funny nonetheless.

You an RPGer then? Ever played NetHack? It's the only
non-specifically-religious game to allow the phrase "Jesus rises from the
dead!" to be generated. And it's not in an ecumenical context, either.

jimbo

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99