Brand-new page up

AntiNorn

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

New Creatures page up!!!

Tortured Norns http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/2495/

Provided for those of us that enjoy treating these oh-so-sickenly cute
Norns the way they deserve to be treated.

Please post any suggestions and/or comments on the guestbook.

Ping

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

AntiNorn wrote in message <6i6psm$ccv$0...@208.136.119.185>...

heh heh heh! how ironic....back when their we`re websites like this devoted
torturing grendles....no one cared, but now the shoe is on the other foot
and they`re torturing Norns,
people are complaining about this sort of site....

Equal Rights for Norns and Grendles!! the Grendles have been mistreated and
victimised by a bias newsgroup

<picks up sign and starts marching around>

MyStIC3453

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

Im sorry , but why get so pissed about people saying that kinda stuff?? When I
said I was burning norns(joking) ya'll got mad. But everyone knows you cant
burn a norn! Slapping them might be mean , but its programed so they go ow ,
its not REALLY hurting them. Just like the instinct to eat is programed into
them.

.
Noisy Criket -
ICQ-11176190
http://members.aol.com/mystic3453/page10.htm
New "underconstruction site" http://members.aol.com/mystic3453/page1.html
THE CARROT
Nornstar-Tara-Dr.Rep-Dolphn101-maginorn-Dr.nornroe-Seth-Amedus4604

Norn Abuse

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

AntiNorn wrote:

> New Creatures page up!!!
>
> Tortured Norns http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/2495/
>
> Provided for those of us that enjoy treating these oh-so-sickenly cute
> Norns the way they deserve to be treated.
>
> Please post any suggestions and/or comments on the guestbook.

YES!!!!!
YES!!!!!
YES!!!!!
YES!!!!!

That will be all.

=Norn Abuse=
=member NNAH= Nice Norns Abused Harshly
="We torture our norns until they're fully Win95 compatible" "640k and
10megs and +255 glycotoxin is all you need" -Bill Gates=

Mike Davisson

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

You can burn a norn. Remember the little fireplace near the incubator?

Also, why do you think they say "ow?" They only say it when they feel
the pain chemical. Slapping a norn increases both the pain and punishment
chemical. Slapping a norn isn't mean if you have a reason for it.
If you slap them incessantly, though, your watermelon is missing a few
seeds.
I know the norns aren't truely alive as of yet (please don't start an
argument
here--I know others have different opinions, and it's all so subjective at
this
point anyway). But in the future, even the near future, we might have
virtual
life forms that truely are alive and intelligent, so I worry how some
people
with a bad attitude might treat them.

Don't apologize for your opinion, either. The only reason people flame
Nornabuse
is because he's just doing it for the attention. If that wasn't true, he'd
be posting
messages about "normal" things too.

(By the way, does anyone know if C2 is going to make it easier to tickle &
slap the norns? Sometimes I don't "aim right," and accidentally slap the
norn when I meant to tickle it. And "yes" and "no" is just tedious and the
norns don't respond to it as much. I was just wondering.)

MyStIC3453 <mysti...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199804292308...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> Im sorry , but why get so pissed about people saying that kinda stuff??
When I
> said I was burning norns(joking) ya'll got mad. But everyone knows you
cant
> burn a norn! Slapping them might be mean , but its programed so they go
ow ,
> its not REALLY hurting them. Just like the instinct to eat is programed
into
> them.

Norn Abuse

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

Mike Davisson wrote:
> Don't apologize for your opinion, either. The only reason people flame
> Nornabuse
> is because he's just doing it for the attention. If that wasn't true, he'd
> be posting
> messages about "normal" things too.

I do it because I beat norns.

=Norn Abuse=
=member NNAH - Nice Norns Abuse Harshly=
="Being normal isn't just your love for norns, just so it's Windows 98
compatible" - Bill Gates= (lame, Bill)

Mira'r Phoenix

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

Ping wrote:

> Equal Rights for Norns and Grendles!! the Grendles have been mistreated and
> victimised by a bias newsgroup
>
> <picks up sign and starts marching around>

Here, here! I have gently exported my Grendels, and am saving them for a world
of their own, to be called Grendel Gulch. They may be a bit ugly, and they may
have been intentionally "broke" by Cyberlife to make them seem villains, but
they only want to be kissing, not slapping, and they are very smart. No
creature or Creature deserves abuse.

Oh, and for those that say norns are only binary data, and not living beings, I
say this: it's the thought that counts. If you are abusing a creature, even in
fantasy, you are a sick puppy. You need to reevaluate your values, and maybe
even seek counseling. You don't want to grow up to be an even sicker puppy
that abuses family and pets, both of which are against the law. Nip it in the
bud now, before you damage more than just data.

This is, of course, assuming you don't treat you family and friends the same
way you treat your norns.

--

Mira
Cardinal Mountain Mama

Tux welcomes Mozilla to world domination.

DRStanczyk

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

I have downloaded Slave and renamed her Freeda. It took twice to get her to
live, since she lived only a minute the first time, but she's a fairly good
eater now, and she's had one girl. Suprisingly, she's not afraid of the hand
and likes to hang out with the other norns. If he wants to keep putting up
tortured norns, he ought to know that some of us will download them and give
them a good home and treat them right. Personally, I think that's what he
wants. Slave didn't live too long to be further tortured if that's all someone
wanted to do, so I think he wants us to take them and try to make them better.
I imagine in time, he will get bored with the game and find something else to
destroy.

bke...@servtech.com

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

In article <199804300404...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

In the meantime, has no one realized that his web page is in violation of
the guidelines for geocities pages? I did, and registered my disapproval with
the powers that be over there. (For future reference, anything that advocates
violence is a no-no. Also other reasons... check it out yourselves.)
Scylla

Banan...@mindless.com

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

drsta...@aol.com (DRStanczyk) wrote:

> I have downloaded Slave and renamed her Freeda.
I named her Sari :)

> It took twice to get her to
> live, since she lived only a minute the first time, but she's a fairly good
> eater now, and she's had one girl. Suprisingly, she's not afraid of the
hand
> and likes to hang out with the other norns. If he wants to keep putting up
> tortured norns, he ought to know that some of us will download them and give
> them a good home and treat them right. Personally, I think that's what he
> wants. Slave didn't live too long to be further tortured if that's all
someone
> wanted to do, so I think he wants us to take them and try to make them
better.

I have had a problem with her...she constantly has to sleep. But that's it.
She likes the hand (Who she now calls Mama, don't ask me why I told her to say
Mama, I just did) If Antinorn cared enough to look at her genetics, he'd know
she has some mutations...unless, of course, he's the one who gave them to
her.

~BananaNorn (Rachel AKA Waffles)
(Banan...@mindless.com)
"Expect everything, and the unexpected won't happen."

Dorothy

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

bke...@servtech.com wrote:

> In the meantime, has no one realized that his web page is in violation of
> the guidelines for geocities pages? I did, and registered my disapproval with
> the powers that be over there. (For future reference, anything that advocates
> violence is a no-no. Also other reasons... check it out yourselves.)
> Scylla

What ARE the guidelines?

DRStanczyk

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

Freeda/Slave in my world is constantly saying Freeda Sleepy, Freeda Sleepy, but
she also says other things. She's currently a pensioner, hanging out with all
the other norns. She does sleep sometimes but wakes but still wanting to
sleep, but other than that she hasn't been too much of a problem. Though she
loves to drop her food. I don't know what other mutations there are, but her
drunken walk is something I figure he did. Unfortunately, the walk has passed
on to her daughter. But I'm glad I downloaded her, and she really had been a
pretty good girl.

Nutter

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

DRStanczyk <drsta...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199805010454...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

She staggers because her alcohol is maxed out - check it in the science
kit. Same for sleepiness. I originally thought she dropped food because
she was repeatedly hit for picking it up, though it may have something to
do with being drunk. She never seems to sleep much, and seems drunker when
she wakes. In the current Albia I'm running, she had one child, who also
inherited the max alcohol, so I assume that is a mutation, though I can't
find it. The little one's wide awake though.

I dunno, I keep looking at mutated norns in the genetics kit and I still
can't see the mutations!

::sigh::

Nutter
--
Swap nospam for beecham if replying by e-mail.
Thanks to Richard for the use of his anti-spam domain.

Ping

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

Dorothy wrote in message <3548D365...@wave.home.com>...

>What ARE the guidelines?

It mainly applies to WaReZ, bad language, controversial content (eg. a
Hanson fan page) and stuff like that...I know they take legal action if
WaReZ is found on the page.

bke...@servtech.com

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

In article <3548D365...@wave.home.com>#1/1,

Far too involved to repeat here... but they are available on their home
page... and include no violence, and nothing that offends others... Tried on
the violence part... now for being offensive.
Before anyone gets the idea I'm totally round the bend, I am not confusing
the "artificial life" of Norns with real live people. But a website like that
is available to everyone, kids included. I feel it is a terrible example for
them. And there is no correlation between the games AntiNorn mentions and
Creatures.. in those games the purpose is to commit as much mayhem as
possible. Death and destruction are expected. That is NOT the purpose of a
life sim like this one.
Maybe the differences are too subtle for that kind of mentality.
Scylla

Dorothy

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

Ping wrote:

> Dorothy wrote in message <3548D365...@wave.home.com>...
>

> >What ARE the guidelines?
> >

> It mainly applies to WaReZ, bad language, controversial content (eg. a
> Hanson fan page)

LOL!!!

> and stuff like that...I know they take legal action if
> WaReZ is found on the page.

Yikes!! My little sister better beware...[she's making a Hanson page, Spice
Girl page and an Aqua page] ::shudder::

Dorothy

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

Banan...@mindless.com wrote:

> In article <199804300404...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> drsta...@aol.com (DRStanczyk) wrote:
> >
> > I have downloaded Slave and renamed her Freeda.
> I named her Sari :)

I named her Xena... [warrior princess] :)

> > It took twice to get her to
> > live, since she lived only a minute the first time, but she's a fairly good
> > eater now, and she's had one girl. Suprisingly, she's not afraid of the
> hand

Does anyone find it sick that he/she/it taught her to call it god?

> > and likes to hang out with the other norns. If he wants to keep putting up
> > tortured norns, he ought to know that some of us will download them and give
> > them a good home and treat them right. Personally, I think that's what he
> > wants. Slave didn't live too long to be further tortured if that's all
> someone
> > wanted to do, so I think he wants us to take them and try to make them
> better.

Yes, I think that was his motive all along...

> I have had a problem with her...she constantly has to sleep.

Yep, I noticed that, too.

> But that's it.
> She likes the hand (Who she now calls Mama, don't ask me why I told her to say
> Mama, I just did)

She calls me Mommy.

> If Antinorn cared enough to look at her genetics, he'd know
> she has some mutations...unless, of course, he's the one who gave them to
> her.

Cool! Which ones?

---Dorothy

Banan...@mindless.com

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

In article <3549EAB9...@wave.home.com>#1/1,

Dorothy <lsh...@wave.home.com> wrote:

> Banan...@mindless.com wrote:
>
> > In article <199804300404...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> > drsta...@aol.com (DRStanczyk) wrote:
> > >
> > > I have downloaded Slave and renamed her Freeda.
> > I named her Sari :)
>
> I named her Xena... [warrior princess] :)
My mom loves that show :-)

> Does anyone find it sick that he/she/it taught her to call it god?

Me! That's definetly sick.

> Yes, I think that was his motive all along...
>
> > I have had a problem with her...she constantly has to sleep.
>
> Yep, I noticed that, too.
>

> > If Antinorn cared enough to look at her genetics, he'd know

> > she has some mutations...unless, of course, he's the one who gave them to
> > her.
>
> Cool! Which ones?

I'm not exactly sure what they are... or if they're good or bad...I think one
has to do with the alcohol. I also found out, that in female norns, alcohol
causes sleepiness. So, because poor Xena/Freeda/Sari/Slave is constantly
drunk, she's always sleepy.

~BananaNorn (Rachel AKA Waffles)
(Banan...@mindless.com)
"Expect everything, and the unexpected won't happen."

Ping

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

Dorothy wrote in message <3549E521...@wave.home.com>...

>Yikes!! My little sister better beware...[she's making a Hanson page, Spice
>Girl page and an Aqua page] ::shudder::

Tell your little sister (if she does make this page) to get a good lawer.

Daniel Silverstone

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

In article <3548023...@earthlink.net>

mirar...@earthlink.net "Mira'r Phoenix" writes:

> Here, here! I have gently exported my Grendels, and am saving them for a world
> of their own, to be called Grendel Gulch. They may be a bit ugly, and they may
> have been intentionally "broke" by Cyberlife to make them seem villains, but
> they only want to be kissing, not slapping, and they are very smart. No
> creature or Creature deserves abuse.

Agreed...

Don't forget that my site houses a "Grendel Friendly" COB which
makes your grendels free from the constraints of Cyberlife's nasty
coding to make them fight with the norns so much...

> Oh, and for those that say norns are only binary data, and not living beings, I
> say this: it's the thought that counts. If you are abusing a creature, even in
> fantasy, you are a sick puppy. You need to reevaluate your values, and maybe
> even seek counseling. You don't want to grow up to be an even sicker puppy
> that abuses family and pets, both of which are against the law. Nip it in the
> bud now, before you damage more than just data.

That is one of the more sensible arguments I have heard so far in this
sad and demented episode of newsgroup life...

> This is, of course, assuming you don't treat you family and friends the same
> way you treat your norns.

If he/she does... Then I hope that the family/friends show them just what
he/she is doing, and how it hurts people

> Tux welcomes Mozilla to world domination.

LOL!

--
Daniel Silverstone (Kinnison (at) farstar.demon.co.uk) of NORN
ICQ#: Broken! Site -> http://www.farstar.demon.co.uk/creatures/

Dorothy

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

I told my sister about your earlier post, the one about geocities not taking
Hanson pages, (kind of as a joke/for revenge) and she actualy belived me!!!! It
was SO hilarious! So now she's only making a Spice Girl page :)

LOL! LOL! LOL! He He He! Ha Ha Ha!
*falls of chair laughing*

Ping

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

Dorothy wrote in message <354BD6DD...@wave.home.com>...

>I told my sister about your earlier post, the one about geocities not
taking
>Hanson pages, (kind of as a joke/for revenge) and she actualy belived
me!!!! It
>was SO hilarious! So now she's only making a Spice Girl page :)

Muahahahahahahaaaa! of course....Spice Girls come under the National Secrets
act, if you make a website about them, then your giving them
publicity......and that`s not allowed, without the form of some fake
Pre-Rehearsed interview.

>LOL! LOL! LOL! He He He! Ha Ha Ha!
>*falls of chair laughing*

<drops off bar he was hanging from>

Daniel Silverstone

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

In article <01bd74e2$61961aa0$3948...@beecham.demon.co.uk>
nut...@nospam.demon.co.uk "Nutter" writes:

> She staggers because her alcohol is maxed out - check it in the science
> kit. Same for sleepiness. I originally thought she dropped food because
> she was repeatedly hit for picking it up, though it may have something to
> do with being drunk. She never seems to sleep much, and seems drunker when
> she wakes. In the current Albia I'm running, she had one child, who also
> inherited the max alcohol, so I assume that is a mutation, though I can't
> find it. The little one's wide awake though.

LOL! Mebbe I'm gonna have to take a look at this norn

> I dunno, I keep looking at mutated norns in the genetics kit and I still
> can't see the mutations!

Try one of the following utilities...

Slink's D-DNA Analyser - Technical but full output about gene information.
Lee Gaiteri (LummoxJR)'s genetics comparison program - Don't know
CrEd32 - GeneMapper - My fave (Naturally)

DRStanczyk

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

Well, Freeda/Slave has passed on now at the ripe age of 12 hours and 20
minutes. She had four children, and two of them were staggering like her and
at least one that is currently in my Creatures world is absolutely normal. It
doesn't really bother me that at least two of her children are like her. They
have a right to life as well. Well, that's really about it. I'm sure the
Anti-Norn is getting his jollies reading these messages, so if anyone wants to
chat about them anylonger, I think we should probably just e-mail each other.

Thatnornguy

Oct 1, 2012, 11:31:09 AM10/1/12
On Wednesday, April 29, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, AntiNorn wrote:
> New Creatures page up!!!
>
> Tortured Norns http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/2495/
>
> Provided for those of us that enjoy treating these oh-so-sickenly cute
> Norns the way they deserve to be treated.
>
> Please post any suggestions and/or comments on the guestbook.

This is awesome :D Too bad geocites doesn't exist anymore. I got on wayback and downloaded slave. Lets have some fun :D