[OT] What's the point...

Luke Whitmore

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
Due to unpopular demand, I have decided to start giving out 'Pedantry Points'
for people who insist on correcting minor discrepancies in other people's
postings, or arguing over something not worth arguing about. Depending on your
attitude, you may or may not wish to add them to your sig.

BTW, it doesn't count if Jon deMalo has to correct people who spell his name as
'John'. That happens far too often.

That's a new FAQ we need to write: 'How To Spell Jon deMalo's Name Properly.'

-- Luke T. Whitmore --
Distributor of 'Pedantry Points'.
Sharp of eye, quick of hand, short of cash.
Owner of the Infalible Spell Checker, and a black belt in Feng Shui.
Guardian of the Delightfully Insignificant Portal to Somewhere Else, and
part-time human being.
HeadrickNet UK - http://www.geocities.com/headricknet
-- Luke "Tendencies" Whitmore --
http://www.geocities.com/headricknet

Ping

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
Luke Whitmore <geck...@aol.com> wrote in message

> That's a new FAQ we need to write: 'How To Spell Jon deMalo's Name
Properly.'

may I also suggest

"how to flame jon demalo"

"how to make jon demalo look like an idiot, with minimal effort"

and

"how to laugh at jon demalo"

:)

-Ping
http://www.creatureslife.net
icq: 6283750
http://skizzers.org/ping/
email: Ping AT subdimension DOT com
[my wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. one or the other of us
has to go...]

Ricardo2000

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
Luke Whitmore <geck...@aol.com> wrote

> Due to unpopular demand, I have decided to start giving out 'Pedantry
Points'
> for people who insist on correcting minor discrepancies in other people's
> postings, or arguing over something not worth arguing about. Depending on
your
> attitude, you may or may not wish to add them to your sig.

I don't want to seem nasty, but:

a) people will laugh when you give them points
b) what use have they actually got
c) who are you to judge other people

--
Ricardo2000
http://www.ricardo2000.homecreatures.com/

John Ievins

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
Ricardo2000 wrote:
> c) who are you to judge other people

No offense R2K, but I find this one hillarious!
--
John F. Ievins (aka The Grendel) The Elf Slayer
John Ievins is spelt with an i, not an L... Grrr!
Philosopher of Banana Religion & Rights
Webmaster - Http://www.creaturesworld.com
Member of The-Anti-Humour-Movement
Head evil scientist of Naven Experimentation (would anyone like to
donate any Navens to my labs? Please? Pretty-please?)
Owner of 1 AGC nutterfly and 5 agc tickle-the-mokey points, and 1
greased ferret
Project Leader & Mapper of 'War Sector X' Half Life Mod -
Http://www.millenium2048.co.uk
Creator of Creatures 3 COB's ranged between 24001 and 24050
Member of the Official AGC order of the Pnippers
Owner of The Inflatable Anti-Death Fork
Talker of gibberish
Do NOT send me file attachment via email. I have a killfilter, and
never even know they were ever there.
UIN/ICQ Number: 49323515.
--
Begin online Quotes here:
SnornL: If I had a life, would I insist I am an elf?

Werkz: I'm not saying that the cat does turn into pudding, mearly that
there are so many possible outcome that we have no way to confurm,
that either saying it does or doesn't, that you'll be wrong in using
your outcome as fact; which is basicly what Quantim Physics is...
Sotek: Werkz, the cat *can* turn into pudding.

Laz: I bet you hate it when they go on elf-defence courses!

Luke Whitmore

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
"Ping" wrote:
>may I also suggest
>
>"how to flame jon demalo"
>
>"how to make jon demalo look like an idiot, with minimal effort"
>
>and
>
>"how to laugh at jon demalo"
>
>:)

You'll have to write them, Ping. You're the most experienced in such matters
<g>

-- Luke T. Whitmore --

Toki

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00

> That's a new FAQ we need to write: 'How To Spell Jon deMalo's Name
Properly.'

_______________________________________
FAQ: How to spell Jon deMalo's name properly!
Contents:

1. How do you spell his first name?
2. How do you spell his second name?
3a In which order should I write Jon's names?
3b. Should I put a space between the names?
4. What will Jon do if I don't spell his name right?
5. Can I abbreviate Jon's name?
6. What about capitals?

1. How do you spell his first name?

J-o-n

2. How do you spell his second name?

d-e-M-a-l-o

3a. In which order should I write Jon's names?

Generally speaking, you should write his first name first
and his second name second. Unless you come from a
country where they say names backwards, like China.
Or if you are writing it as an entry in a sort of index, such
as a Addess book, although you may still wish to write
his name normally for quick reference.

3b. Should I put a space between the names?

Yes. You should put a space jcust after the 'Jon' and
before the 'deMalo'.

4. What will Jon do if I don't spell his name right?

If it was an accident, the chances are he will get mildly
annoyed and correct your spelling. If it happens repeatedly
or you do it deliberately, he will most likely get very very
angry. Watch out.

5. Can I abbreviate Jon's name?

Yes. In most instances, it is appropriate to abbreviate
Jon's name to just 'Jon', especially in casual or
conversational situations.

6. What about capitals?

You should capitalise the letters 'J' and 'M'. The 'd' is
not capitalised.

----

This sarcastic little presentation has been brought to you
by Toki. Always there when you need a little obnoxious brat.

Jon deMalo

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 19:54:50 +1000, "Toki"
<tokimel...@optusnet.com.au> wrote about [FAQ] How to spell Jon
deMalo's name properly! (WAS: Re: [OT] What's the point...):

>> That's a new FAQ we need to write: 'How To Spell Jon deMalo's Name
>Properly.'

>FAQ: How to spell Jon deMalo's name properly!

<snip>
Hurrah! Finally!

>This sarcastic little presentation has been brought to you
>by Toki. Always there when you need a little obnoxious brat.

This was meant to be sarcastic? I thought people might need an FAQ
like this.

Jon deMalo
-------------------------------------
j...@fullcircuit.com
-------------------------------------
Owner of Midgard: Tales of Albia
http://www.geocities.com/jon_demalo
-------------------------------------

Proud owner of:
1 AGC Nutterfly
1 AGC Cheese Point
5 Tickle-the-Monkey Points
300 Great Author Points
30 Great Joke Points

Keeper of the Greased Ferrets
Official AGC Folklore Dude
Lord of the New Vikings
Owner of the thermo-nuclear ultra-atomic scorched-earth total-annihilation mega-death evil bone-crushing heat-seeking exploding patented muhahaha kill-kill-kill die-die-die gun.

"There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately no-one knows what they are."
- W. Somerset Maugham

Dilbert: "We need to test it on someone expendable first."
Dogbert: "Ratbert!"

"In space, no-one can here you say bibble"
- www.uncovered.co.uk

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, my new quote!

"I think that I shall never see. My cataracts are blinding me."
- Hans Moleman, The Simpsons

Suzi

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00

Toki <tokimel...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> > That's a new FAQ we need to write: 'How To Spell Jon deMalo's Name
> Properly.'

LOL!

--
Suzi :)

Uttar

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
Yep, and "how to spell "John levins" err, i mean "John Ieviens"

Ooops...

Uttar

Luke Whitmore

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
>I don't want to seem nasty, but:
>
>a) people will laugh when you give them points
Yes, it's meant to be amusing.

>b) what use have they actually got

What use do any of the points have? The only people who'll judge people's
personalities by the amount of points they have rather than their actual
personalities are newbies, but they won't know what the points mean. Don't get
me wrong, I'm not saying anyone should stop distributing points, and I know
it's fun and a part of AGC culture, but I don't see why Pedantry Points should
be worth less than other points.

>c) who are you to judge other people

Well, I was just joining in to the current trend of pointless points, but if
it's going to start more arguments about judging people and suchlike, I don't
think I'll bother.

-- Luke T. Whitmore --

xOtix

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
toki...@optusnet.com.au (Toki)
<3965a82d$0$11189$7f31...@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au> on Fri 07 Jul 2000
05:54:50a, strode proudly front and centre in alt.games.creatures and with
appropriate gusto proclaimed:

>This sarcastic little presentation has been brought to you
>by Toki. Always there when you need a little obnoxious brat.

LOL!! Toki that was brilliant!! How often are you planning on posting it?
I'd suggest once a week for starters. :`)))
--
xOtix
AGC Portrait Gallery:http://www.jannart.on.ca/agcgifs/agctoons.htm

Ricardo2000

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
John Ievins <thegr...@thegrendel.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

> Ricardo2000 wrote:
> > c) who are you to judge other people
>
> No offense R2K, but I find this one hillarious!

Maybe so, but I haven't claimed to be any great, non-biased moral judge. To
do this job, you would have to be.

--
Ricardo2000
http://www.ricardo2000.homecreatures.com/

David Mason

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
Good idea
--
David Mason
Creatures Book Club member

Toki

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00

> Yep, and "how to spell "John levins" err, i mean "John Ieviens"
>
> Ooops...

Silly, It's John Levins ;)

> Uttar

Toki

Toki

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00

> >This sarcastic little presentation has been brought to you
> >by Toki. Always there when you need a little obnoxious brat.
>
> LOL!! Toki that was brilliant!! How often are you planning on posting it?
> I'd suggest once a week for starters. :`)))

Yes, I thought so :)

> xOtix

Toki

Ricardo2000

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
Luke Whitmore <geck...@aol.com> wrote

> >I don't want to seem nasty, but:

> >a) people will laugh when you give them points

> Yes, it's meant to be amusing.

But pend points are meant to be given out when people are arguing, and
somehow I doubt in the middle of a heated arguement people will be bothered
with a post saying "stop arguing! stick these points in your sig you naughty
fool."

> >b) what use have they actually got

> but I don't see why Pedantry Points should

> be worth less than other points.

Most points show good qualities about people (e.g. Great Author points) but
I seriously doubt people will want to advertie that they enjoy 'pointless'
arguing.

> >c) who are you to judge other people

> Well, I was just joining in to the current trend of pointless points, but

if
> it's going to start more arguments about judging people and suchlike, I
don't
> think I'll bother.

To give out pend points, you would have to be a non-biased person capable of
making moral decisions about a thread. I doubt there are many people who
could effectivly do this.

--
Ricardo2000
http://www.ricardo2000.homecreatures.com/

John Ievins

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
Ricardo2000 wrote:
> > > c) who are you to judge other people
> >
> > No offense R2K, but I find this one hillarious!
>
> Maybe so, but I haven't claimed to be any great, non-biased moral
judge. To
> do this job, you would have to be.

Why is it immoral to be pedantic?
--

John F. Ievins (aka The Grendel) The Elf Slayer

Toki

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
> To give out pend points, you would have to be a non-biased person capable
of
> making moral decisions about a thread. I doubt there are many people who
> could effectivly do this.

What a pointless thing. Why are you so opposed to him giving
out points if he wants? Let him, I think it'd be amusing, at least.
Why are you trying to make this into a moral debate? What does
pedanticness have to do with moral issues of any sort? Bleh.

> --
> Ricardo2000

Toki

Luke Whitmore

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
>> but I don't see why Pedantry Points should
>> be worth less than other points.
>
>Most points show good qualities about people (e.g. Great Author points) but
>I seriously doubt people will want to advertie that they enjoy 'pointless'
>arguing.

Yes. Great Author Points and Great Joke points are, as far as I can see, the
only points that show qualities of people. You can now get 3,000 Great Author
Points if you write a story, regardless of quality... all that proves is that
you can write a story. And humour is subjective, so what one person may
consider a 'Great Joke' may seem to others to be contrived or just plain
stupid. You did a bit of selective snipping there, cutting out the point of
that post... considering the two types of points above are useless/subjective,
the other points that people give out don't show anything about people's
characters.

>But pend points are meant to be given out when people are arguing, and
>somehow I doubt in the middle of a heated arguement people will be bothered
>with a post saying "stop arguing! stick these points in your sig you naughty
>fool."

People aren't only pedantic when they're arguing, they can be pedantic at any
time.

>To give out pend points, you would have to be a non-biased person capable of
>making moral decisions about a thread. I doubt there are many people who
>could effectivly do this.

So what about the other points? Like I said, who can judge a joke or a story,
or whether something is insane or not? Pedantry is easier to judge than that.
And I doubt many people would take them seriously. Anybody in keeping with the
insanity of AGC would recognise Pedantry Points as something not meant to be
taken as a sign of a bad personality; after all, if you take everything
seriously all the time, you won't get along well here. And I wouldn't force
anyone to add them to their sigs. I'm surprised that you of all people
complained about this, Ricardo, I've found your posts to be frequently amusing
in the past. I thought you were a fellow weirdo :)

And, before we continue, tell me... what are R2K Tickle-The-Monkey Points?

Luke Whitmore

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
>Silly, It's John Levins ;)

You'll have him foaming at the mouth now, Toki. I suggest you hide in this
handy cardboard box.

Ricardo2000

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
John Ievins <thegr...@thegrendel.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

> Why is it immoral to be pedantic?

I never said it was.....I only implied it.

--
Ricardo2000
http://www.ricardo2000.homecreatures.com/

Ricardo2000

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
Toki <tokimel...@optusnet.com.au> wrote

> What a pointless thing. Why are you so opposed to him giving
> out points if he wants? Let him, I think it'd be amusing, at least.
> Why are you trying to make this into a moral debate? What does
> pedanticness have to do with moral issues of any sort? Bleh.

I'm not opposed to him giving out points, it's the purpose of the points
that I find stupid. These points are apparently given out when you are in a
heated arguement and are meant to, well, warn people from arguing with you I
suppose. And if it makes you feel better, I'll leave morality out of it. :)

--
Ricardo2000
http://www.ricardo2000.homecreatures.com/

> Toki

John Ievins

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
Ricardo2000 wrote:
> > Why is it immoral to be pedantic?
>
> I never said it was.....I only implied it.

Heavily.

Reinder: what has god to do with my facial hair?

Ricardo2000

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
Luke Whitmore <geck...@aol.com> wrote

> You did a bit of selective snipping there, cutting out the point of
> that post

:::Snip:::
C'mon, you knew I'd do that the minute you wrote that....

> I'm surprised that you of all people
> complained about this, Ricardo, I've found your posts to be frequently
amusing
> in the past. I thought you were a fellow weirdo :)

I'm a funny weirdo, and only dangerous to various types of female farm
animals.
The reason I complained, was because I have the idea that giving out these
points may just provoke people further, thereby making more arguements
etc...

> And, before we continue, tell me... what are R2K Tickle-The-Monkey Points?

They are an indication to other people, of how much you
a) amuse Ricardo
b) interest Ricardo
c) frighten Ricardo

Here, under tickle-monkey rules a) and c), have three and a half tickle the
monkey points. :)

:::Passes points:::

Jasp

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
> FAQ: How to spell Jon deMalo's name properly!

LOL! Brilliant. Let's hope JoHn DEMarrow likes it. <g>

--
A splendid Post from Jasp,

--
"I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it!"

Luke Whitmore

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
>The reason I complained, was because I have the idea that giving out these
>points may just provoke people further, thereby making more arguements
>etc...

Well, you've been here far longer than I have, and if you think they might
start more arguments, then I think I won't bother with them. I said in an
earlier post that the general atmosphere on AGC was one of good humour and
people wouldn't take the points seriously, but, reconsidering, people do have a
tendency to lose their light-heartedness when involved in a clash of opinions.
I don't want to be the instigator of any more bad feelings on AGC, there's been
enough recently. Anyway, back to the drawing board.

Hey, who took my drawing board?

>Here, under tickle-monkey rules a) and c), have three and a half tickle the
>monkey points. :)
>
>:::Passes points:::

Ta, guv'nor.

::adds points to sig::

-- Luke T. Whitmore --
Sharp of eye, quick of hand, short of cash.

Owner of:
3˝ R2K Tickle-The-Monkey Points
An Infalible Spell Checker
A black belt in Feng Shui

Ricardo2000

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
John Ievins <thegr...@thegrendel.freeserve.co.uk> wrote

> > > Why is it immoral to be pedantic?
> >
> > I never said it was.....I only implied it.

> Heavily.

I may have implied it 'heavily', but that's still not the same as saying it.

:)

--
Ricardo2000
http://www.ricardo2000.homecreatures.com/

John Ievins

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
Ricardo2000 wrote:

> > > I never said it was.....I only implied it.
>
> > Heavily.
>
> I may have implied it 'heavily', but that's still not the same as
saying it.

Quiet, now!

Luke Whitmore

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
>> I may have implied it 'heavily', but that's still not the same as
>saying it.
>
>Quiet, now!

Why, is the film starting? Ah, yes. "Not In AGC, Reinder". A film starring John
F. Ievins.

-- Luke T. Whitmore --
Sharp of eye, quick of hand, short of cash.
Owner of:
3˝ R2K Tickle-The-Monkey Points

3,000 Excellent Author Points

Ricardo2000

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
Luke Whitmore <geck...@aol.com> wrote

> >The reason I complained, was because I have the idea that giving out
these
> >points may just provoke people further, thereby making more arguements
> >etc...

> Well, you've been here far longer than I have, and if you think they might
> start more arguments, then I think I won't bother with them.

Please don't stop doing them just coz and established regular said it's a
bad idea.....we all have different opinions on things, mine just happened to
be in disagreement with your idea. :)

> I said in an
> earlier post that the general atmosphere on AGC was one of good humour and
> people wouldn't take the points seriously, but, reconsidering, people do
have a
> tendency to lose their light-heartedness when involved in a clash of
opinions.

My point exactly. :)

> I don't want to be the instigator of any more bad feelings on AGC, there's
been
> enough recently. Anyway, back to the drawing board.
> Hey, who took my drawing board?

Me. I sold it for $1.34 down the market to buy some catfood.

--
Ricardo2000
http://www.ricardo2000.homecreatures.com/

> -- Luke T. Whitmore --
> Sharp of eye, quick of hand, short of cash.
> Owner of:
> 3½ R2K Tickle-The-Monkey Points

Jon deMalo

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00
On Sun, 9 Jul 2000 15:11:36 +0100, "Jasp" <ja...@libertysurf.co.uk>
wrote about Re: [FAQ] How to spell Jon deMalo's name properly! (WAS:

Re: [OT] What's the point...):

>Toki <tokimel...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> > That's a new FAQ we need to write: 'How To Spell Jon deMalo's Name
>> Properly.'

>> FAQ: How to spell Jon deMalo's name properly!
>

>LOL! Brilliant. Let's hope JoHn DEMarrow likes it. <g>
>
>--
>A splendid Post from Jasp,

No it wasn't.

Jon deMalo
-------------------------------------
j...@fullcircuit.com
-------------------------------------
[...]

"Mocking the power of coffee in AGC = bad idea."
- Luke Whitemore

Luke Whitmore

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00
>> Well, you've been here far longer than I have, and if you think they might
>> start more arguments, then I think I won't bother with them.
>
>Please don't stop doing them just coz and established regular said it's a
>bad idea.....we all have different opinions on things, mine just happened to
>be in disagreement with your idea. :)

I didn't stop because you disagreed, but you made me think about it, and I
ended up agreeing with you... but it's also the fact that I haven't found that
much pedantry, apart from obvious corrections over spelling and grammar, which
I agree with (and which the Spell Cheka will be dealing with...)
I'd rather give out points for something that is more commonly seen on AGC, and
if I'm not careful, I'd probably end up getting in an argument with someone
over whether something is pedantic or not, and then we'd both end up being
pedantic about the meaning of pedantry.

I think I'll start giving out OBEs, to those who say something that (I feel)
needed to be said. Okay, so that's not why they give out OBEs in real life, but
it makes a great reply to a post:

'Well said. Have an OBE.'

-- Luke T. Whitmore --
Sharp of eye, quick of hand, short of cash.
Owner of:
3˝ R2K Tickle-The-Monkey Points

3,000 Excellent Author Points

A black belt in Feng Shui

Distributor of OBEs
The Criminal Mastermind behind the Spell Cheka

Theo Spears

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00

> Why, is the film starting? Ah, yes. "Not In AGC, Reinder". A film starring
John
> F. Ievins.

, the minion of Sprog

Theo Spears

Theo Spears

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00

"Jon deMalo" <j...@fullcircuit.com> wrote in message

> >LOL! Brilliant. Let's hope JoHn DEMarrow likes it. <g>
> >
> >--
> >A splendid Post from Jasp,
>
> No it wasn't.

OH Yes It Was

Theo Spears :)

Jon deMalo

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:34:36 +0100, "Theo Spears"
<postmas...@BLOCKterrarium.f9.co.uk> wrote about Re: [FAQ] How to

spell Jon deMalo's name properly! (WAS: Re: [OT] What's the point...):

::cue pantomime-esque scene::
"Oh no it wasn't!"
::fade back to reality scooby-doo style::

John Ievins

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00
Luke Whitmore wrote:
> >> I may have implied it 'heavily', but that's still not the same as
> >saying it.
> >
> >Quiet, now!
>
> Why, is the film starting? Ah, yes. "Not In AGC, Reinder". A film
starring John
> F. Ievins.

Yaaay!

Luke Whitmore

Jul 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/11/00
>> Why, is the film starting? Ah, yes. "Not In AGC, Reinder". A film starring
>John
>> F. Ievins.
>, the minion of Sprog

No, Theo, that's the sequel. "Not In AGC II: The Revenge of Sprog".

Theo Spears

Jul 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/11/00

"Jonn deMarrow" <j...@fullcircuit.com> wrote in message

> >> No it wasn't.
> >>

> >OH Yes It Was
>
> ::cue pantomime-esque scene::
> "Oh no it wasn't!"
> ::fade back to reality scooby-doo style::

Oh Yes It Was

Theo Spears
This could get boring

Luke Whitmore

Jul 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/12/00

>> >OH Yes It Was
>>
>> ::cue pantomime-esque scene::
>> "Oh no it wasn't!"
>> ::fade back to reality scooby-doo style::
>
>Oh Yes It Was

We all have different opinions, so let's not argue.

(And it wasn't splendid!)

Theo Spears

Jul 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/12/00

> We all have different opinions, so let's not argue.

We all have different opinions, so let's argue ahem, discuss them

> (And it wasn't splendid!)

On the contrary, it was

Theo Spears

HyloDragon

Jul 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/13/00
Ricardo3000 wrote:

<pneep>

>a) amuse Ricardo
>b) interest Ricardo
>c) frighten Ricardo

Ahmmmmm.... frighten. ::pulls out 2H sword to Ric's neck:: Have I frightened
you yet?

--
HyloDragon
The Mana Guardian and eternal Elf Protector

Jon deMalo

Jul 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/15/00

FAQ: How to spell Jon deMalo's name properly!

v1.00 (Release Version)

Contents:

1. How do you spell his first name?
2. How do you spell his second name?
3a In which order should I write Jon's names?
3b. Should I put a space between the names?
4. What will Jon do if I don't spell his name right?
5. Can I abbreviate Jon's name?
6. What about capitals?

1. How do you spell his first name?

J-o-n

2. How do you spell his second name?

d-e-M-a-l-o

3a. In which order should I write Jon's names?

Generally speaking, you should write his first name first
and his second name second. Unless you come from a
country where they say names backwards, like China.
Or if you are writing it as an entry in a sort of index, such
as a Address book, although you may still wish to write
his name normally for quick reference.

3b. Should I put a space between the names?

Yes. You should put a space just after the 'Jon' and
before the 'deMalo'. No other such spaces are needed.

4. What will Jon do if I don't spell his name right?

If it was an accident, the chances are he will get mildly
annoyed and correct your spelling. If it happens repeatedly
or you do it deliberately, he will most likely get rather angry.
Watch out.

5. Can I abbreviate Jon's name?

Yes. In most instances, it is appropriate to abbreviate
Jon's name to just 'Jon', especially in casual or
conversational situations. Although when in formal situations,
use 'Jon' instead of 'Jon' to avoid confusion.

6. What about capitals?

You should capitalise the letters 'J' and 'M'. The 'd' is
not capitalised. However, if you are shouting, then capitalise
everything, including the 'd'.

Jon deMalo
-------------------------------------
j...@fullcircuit.com
-------------------------------------
Owner of Midgard: Tales of Albia
http://www.geocities.com/jon_demalo
-------------------------------------

Proud owner of:
1 AGC Nutterfly
1 AGC Cheese Point
5 Tickle-the-Monkey Points
300 Great Author Points

60 Great Joke Points

Keeper of the Greased Ferrets
Official AGC Folklore Dude
Lord of the New Vikings

President of the "Cannibals Are People Too" Society

Owner of the thermo-nuclear ultra-atomic scorched-earth total-annihilation mega-death evil bone-crushing heat-seeking exploding patented muhahaha kill-kill-kill die-die-die gun.

Ask me about Santa Monkey!

"There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately no-one knows what they are."
- W. Somerset Maugham

Dilbert: "We need to test it on someone expendable first."
Dogbert: "Ratbert!"

"In space, no-one can here you say bibble"
- www.uncovered.co.uk

"The Elves! The Elves!"
- Bart Simpson, The Simpsons

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, my new quote!

"Mocking the power of coffee in AGC = bad idea."

- Luke Whitmore

Toki

Jul 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/17/00

> FAQ: How to spell Jon deMalo's name properly!
>
> v1.00 (Release Version)

<SNIP>

::glares::

> Jon deMalo

Toki

Jon deMalo

Jul 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/17/00
On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:56:33 +1000, "Toki"
<tokimel...@optusnet.com.au> wrote about Re: [FAQ] How to spell

Jon deMalo's name properly! (WAS: Re: [OT] What's the point...):

Can I post it? It seems needed! :o)

Jon deMalo
-------------------------------------
j...@fullcircuit.com
-------------------------------------
Owner of Midgard: Tales of Albia
http://www.geocities.com/jon_demalo
-------------------------------------

Ask me about Santa Monkey!

Jasp

Jul 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/17/00

Jon deMalo <j...@fullcircuit.com> wrote in message

> >LOL! Brilliant. Let's hope JoHn DEMarrow likes it. <g>
> >
> >--

> >A splendid Post from Jasp,
>
> No it wasn't.

Sorry Jon.