Civ4 Problem

Unknown

Feb 18, 2011, 7:03:21 PM2/18/11
Thought I might play a game of the original Civ4 just for fun
However when I inserted the CD it came up with "Play - Read Me - Exit"
as usual but when I click Play it shows the message "Please insert
correct disc into CD Rom"
Well it is the disc I bought originally and the one I have always used
Checked the system by trying the Warlords disc and BTS no problem
Clicked on the "Read Me" no problem
Went into Explore and I can access the disc and read the files

Anybody got any clues

Thanks

><(((°>

Feb 18, 2011, 7:04:37 PM2/18/11

Have you got the last v1.74 patch for vanilla Civ 4 installed?

Unknown

Feb 18, 2011, 7:38:36 PM2/18/11

Yes it shows up in the Civ4 directory I wonder if installing the patch
again would do any good

Thanks
Bevan

><(((°>

Feb 19, 2011, 7:29:39 AM2/19/11

OK, then go to Gamecopyworld and find/get this:

Civilization IV v1.7.4.0 [MULTI5] No-DVD/Fixed EXE

It's the Civ4 exe start file, rename your original file and put this one
in same folder.

HTH

Unknown

Feb 19, 2011, 5:44:10 PM2/19/11
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:29:39 -0000, ><(((°> <nos...@butfish.com>
wrote:

Thanks for the advice I will try it today and let you know

Bevan

Unknown

Feb 19, 2011, 6:37:35 PM2/19/11
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:29:39 -0000, ><(((°> <nos...@butfish.com>