2.0 patch

The D

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
Okay, I hadn't thought about this until today, but Blood 2 has been out
since late October/early November, right? It's now almost February and
there has been one patch released that has in some aspects made the game
worse (i.e., the AI of the enemies) than it was right out of the box. Is it
just me, or is this somewhat ridiculous, if not downright unacceptable?
It's virtually impossible to play a multiplayer game as it stands, and the
patch was "unofficially" to be released on Wednesday. Since late December
I've constantly checked PlanetBlood to see if the patch has been released,
and every day another disappointment. In fact, it looks as though the page
hasn't been updated since Thursday, aside from the Pic of the Day, which I
couldn't care less about, frankly. I want the patch, I want it now. I
didn't buy the game to use as a paperweight.

PS - I just check back at Planet Blood. Ok, so they updated it. Big deal.
Still no patch. I'm buying a gun.

Rob Stibal

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
I've done the same thing since I got the game for Christmas. I've actually
given up on checking the site(s), and have uninstalled the game. Maybe when
the urge to play it comes again, the patch will be out. We'll see.

Baytor

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99
The D wrote:

<snip valid complaint about Blood 2>

> Since late December
> I've constantly checked PlanetBlood to see if the patch has been released,
> and every day another disappointment. In fact, it looks as though the page
> hasn't been updated since Thursday, aside from the Pic of the Day, which I
> couldn't care less about, frankly. I want the patch, I want it now. I
> didn't buy the game to use as a paperweight.

> PS - I just check back at Planet Blood. Ok, so they updated it. Big deal.
> Still no patch. I'm buying a gun.

You're complaining on a Saturday about a page that hasn't been updated since
Thursday. By my math that's only one day without an update, which was probably
due to no real news that day. We at PlanetBlood are serious about providing some
good content about the game, but we have absolutely no control over Monolith's
patching policy. We can only pass on what we hear from Monolith, since they are
the one making the game, and we are merely a dedicated fan site.

--
Baytor -- ICQ #21127064
Member of PlanetBlood

The D

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
Calm yourself. The beef was with the patch delay, not so much the site
updates. I know very well that PlanetBlood isn't a direct affiliate of
Monolith, but you have to admit, these kind of delays to make the game FULLY
functional are ridiculous. It's like buying a car, only to have the dealer
tell you, after the fact, "Oh yeah, well the transmission isn't in the car
just yet, but it should be in mid-January" and then more delays on top of
that. So don't get me wrong, I've found PlanetBlood to be more than
informative, but the patch delays are intolerable.

Josh Norem

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
I wrote to Monolith to complain about the patch, and I got a scripted letter
from one of their PR flacks saying "we're sorry you are disappointed with
the game and the site, and we know you'll be happy when the new patch is
released, etc..." Personally, I don't reward bad customer service, and for
a company to relase a game just because they want to sell it during the
holiday season is absolutely ridiuculous. I'm never going to buy a Monolith
game again

Baytor

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
You should see some of the internal e-mails at PB. Trust us, we're not exactly
happy about this state of affairs either. But a couple of the members are beta
testers on the patch, and say that patch is excellent.

But, I think the point needs to be stressed. We at PlanetBlood are not Monolith,
we're not affliliated with Monolith in any way, nor do we receive financial
compensation from Monolith. We are a fan site, granted, the largest fan site
dedicated to Blood on the internet, but still only a fan site. I was merely
reacting to someone getting angry at PB for something which we have absolutely
no control over.

SDLR

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
Don't get so mad at Monolith...it isn't their fault. It's GT Interactive.
They made Monolith release the game before it was ready, and this long wait
for the patch is one of those consequences. GT Interactive wanted to make
sure it was out before Christmas...big time for buying, don't you know?

GT Interactive did the same thing with Unreal, and look at how many patches
THAT has gone through! It hasn't even gotten to a non-Beta patch YET!

I, for one, love Blood 2, and have also waited patiently for the patch, and
daily check PlanetBlood. But you know, life goes on. The patch will be out
very soon now. Again. =)