Will there be Blood III?

TravisB

Aug 29, 2001, 6:57:22 PM8/29/01
Hi again,

Does anyone know if there will ever be a Blood III? I suppose they could use the enhanced Lith
engine like it was used in 'No One lives Forever'?

There's loads of excellent ideas you can think of - how about transporting Caleb to the First World
War? - maybe a level of Caleb falling out of a WWI fighter plane, also like NOLF?

I know it sounds a bit like Wolfenstein, but there are many, many more possibilities.

Travis.

"There's no use denying it: this has been a bad week. I've started drinking my own urine."
Patrick Bateman.

Prophet

Aug 30, 2001, 4:46:52 AM8/30/01
Unfortunately, it's very unlikely there ever will be a Blood 3. Monolith
(who wrote the Blood games) had an argument with GT (now Infogrames - the
publishers and copyright holders of Blood) about Blood 2. They now work for
Fox Interactive, so unless they buy the rights from Infogrames, it won't
happen. :(

- Prophet

"TravisB" <Tra...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

don

Aug 30, 2001, 8:12:05 AM8/30/01

TravisB wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Does anyone know if there will ever be a Blood III? I suppose they could use the enhanced Lith
> engine like it was used in 'No One lives Forever'?

As Prophet said, there are copyright issues which would make it
difficult, and I don't think Blood 2 sold well enough for them to
consider another sequel.

> There's loads of excellent ideas you can think of - how about transporting
> Caleb to the First World War? - maybe a level of Caleb falling out of a WWI > fighter plane, also like NOLF?

That might be fine for a user mod, but I'd rather see a new game which
is more faithful to the theme, settings, and especially the humor of the
original Blood. Blood's uniqueness has made it a cult favorite, and the
biggest complaint among its fans was that Blood 2 strayed too far from
the original. There are plenty of realistic war games. Let's keep Blood
in that surreal, nightmarish world that makes it what it is.

TravisB

Aug 30, 2001, 5:48:34 PM8/30/01
Thanks guys for your input to my queries.

I do agree that Blood III should go back to the original mythos, and I think the futuristic elements
of Blood 2 was much of its' downfall: although there was nice touches, they weren't explored fully
enough (like the amazing lift ride near the start, etc.) and I felt returning to the train was
unneccessary and quite an obvious, yet tenuous link to otherwise unconnected styles of levels - I
liked the big bosses though.

Though, having said that, when I suggested WWI as a scenario I was thinking more of the 'exploding
city' type of style in one of the Blood 1 episodes, not necessarily getting rid of the Phantasm-like
midgets or their dwarf-speak. Oh, and the Lovecraft references throughout the series were really
good, too.

Cheers,

tbickle.

jesse and tina

Aug 31, 2001, 2:41:03 AM8/31/01
Don't lose all hope because stranger things have happened!

"J"