Battlefield 1918 total conversion mod

malcolm

Mar 27, 2004, 12:39:32 PM3/27/04
Battlefield 1918 total conversion mod V1.0 is out,
300mb download, has coop bot support in it, 9 new bf1918 maps, plus Bocage
with a flyable Zepplin.
they have done a very good job doing trenches, and the graphics and sounds
are very good.
almost up to FH standard, check out the Edwardian Car, armoured cars, Tanks,
Gotha bomber, tri-planes, Spads! trench mortars, movable heavy artillery
(slowly).
the planes have very nicely done animated flame trail as they get damaged or
crash and burn.
no parachutes, so you have to try to land or plummet to the earth,
they need a parachute pack onboard for the zepplin tho,
aeroplane pilots didnt have parachutes, but balloonists did.
the german engineer class has a grenade cluster instead of detpacks,
looks deadly but they need to make the bang bigger, det pack size etc.
they have a waterfall animated too, water falls from this mine drainage
chute, looks nice.
plus various period buildings and structures they have made too,
all in all great fun.
I read that the 'Great War' mod formerly 'BF1914' were discussing merging
with 'BF1918',
if they did it would be one hell of a serious mod.
regards malcolm

http://www.battlefield1918.de

--
¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>.·´¯`·.¸¸
.·´¯`·.¸

Daniel P

Mar 27, 2004, 12:47:00 PM3/27/04
Yep, I downloaded it installed it and I must say it is fairly good. Though I
thought the mustaches on the French men were REALLY FUNNY.

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
"malcolm" <m.tambl...@mchsi.com> wrote in message

Mitch T.

Mar 27, 2004, 1:15:37 PM3/27/04
Be careful with the first 3 links. They have the french and english versions swapped.

Stryker

Mar 27, 2004, 1:54:19 PM3/27/04
PLAYED IT AND IT IS GREAT!!!!!!!

STRYKER
"Mitch T." <boney@maroney> wrote in message

Villy Vonka

Mar 27, 2004, 1:55:15 PM3/27/04
Stryker wrote

>PLAYED IT AND IT IS GREAT!!!!!!!

Any bot support??

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

Villy Vonka

Mar 27, 2004, 1:54:51 PM3/27/04
Thanks Malcolm, this looks like a promising mod, downloading now.

Old Chieftain

Mar 27, 2004, 3:41:46 PM3/27/04
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:55:15 +0000, Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]>
wrote:

>Stryker wrote
>>PLAYED IT AND IT IS GREAT!!!!!!!
>
>Any bot support??

yes

malcolm

Mar 27, 2004, 5:00:30 PM3/27/04
yes, works well, and their own AI

"Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message

malcolm

Mar 27, 2004, 5:04:36 PM3/27/04
BK24 mentioned it in the AGB forums,
I Knew it was WIP, but not when coming out etc,
the 'Great War' mod should be out one day again too.
I read on the bf1914 mod site that they had discussed merging.
regards malcolm

PS the BF1918 is only German French armies, and shame no British tanks,
Mother and Willie etc. the Tracks on those might be hard to do.

"Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message

Villy Vonka

Mar 27, 2004, 9:07:09 PM3/27/04
malcolm wrote

>PS the BF1918 is only German French armies, and shame no British tanks,
>Mother and Willie etc. the Tracks on those might be hard to do.

I read on their forums that they are adding a few nations at a time,
starting with the Germans and French which sounds sensible...just about
to install, tell me there is a Verdun map please!

malcolm

Mar 27, 2004, 9:52:18 PM3/27/04

"Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message

Argonnerwald.RFA
Aube_de_Soiree.RFA
Bocage.rfa
Champ_de_Feu.RFA
Chemin_des_Dames.RFA
Hillbilly2.RFA
Kursk.rfa
Langemarck.RFA
Mont_Kemmel.RFA
Toska_Airbattle.RFA
Vitry.RFA

11 files; 256,950,800 bytes

Mitch

Mar 28, 2004, 9:03:53 AM3/28/04

Thanks malcolm for the information about this mod.
I think I like it better than DC. My hats off to the BF 1918
crew. They did a heck of a job! The dead horses are nice
touch.

redTed

Mar 28, 2004, 11:51:02 AM3/28/04
>The dead horses are nice
> touch.

Hmmm. So in the name of realism, we now have dead horses lying around the
battlefield ? Can you cut the dead flesh off and make horsey burgers to
boost your health ?
How is the trench-foot implemented ?
Sounds a bit OTT for my liking....(pun intended) .

Mitch

Mar 28, 2004, 12:22:19 PM3/28/04

Yes. We now have dead horses on the battlefield.
I guess they used horses during
"the war to end all war" and that's
why they have them in the mod. Some became casualties of
war.
I don't think you can eat them but you can hide behind them,
if you can stand the smell. LOL. ;-)

Stryker

Mar 28, 2004, 1:20:13 PM3/28/04
I have HAD to use my knife or bayonet 3 times. I was prone and a guy ran up
and tried to shoot me . I missed the button to stand and he missed the
shot. I knifed him across the lower legs and killed him : )
Intense
The planes are really cool. I used to play flying corp gold. I really
missed flying these type of planes. Makes me think of the movie"the blue
max"

stryker

"Mitch" <inv...@invalid.com> wrote in message

malcolm

Mar 28, 2004, 1:43:04 PM3/28/04

> malcolm wrote:
> > Battlefield 1918 total conversion mod V1.0 is out,
> > 300mb download, has coop bot support in it, 9 new bf1918
>

> > http://www.battlefield1918.de
>
> Thanks malcolm for the information about this mod.
> I think I like it better than DC. My hats off to the BF 1918
> crew. They did a heck of a job! The dead horses are nice
> touch.

have you seen the dead Cows in XWW2 ?

malcolm

Mar 28, 2004, 1:45:51 PM3/28/04

"Mitch" <inv...@invalid.com> wrote in message
Horses were the main form of transport in WW1,
and interestingly the German Army at the Begining of WW2,
had the most horses than any other Army,
only their Panzer Storm Troopers were mechanised.
follow up ocupation Troops didnt need the fast transport.
regards malcolm

Mitch

Mar 28, 2004, 2:24:16 PM3/28/04
I caught a glimpse of what I think was a tri-plane.
I had a game called "Aces Over Europe". It had those kind
of planes in it.
That bayonet is pretty cool but I've only been able
to kill one guy with it so far.

Mitch

Mar 28, 2004, 2:26:04 PM3/28/04

I don't think I have. Don't know that game / mod.

Jan Kannemacher

Mar 28, 2004, 3:04:35 PM3/28/04
"malcolm" <m.tambl...@mchsi.com> wrote:

>have you seen the dead Cows in XWW2 ?

Bah, play BG. They have LIVE cows. ;^)

JK'04 aka Elkrider

malcolm

Mar 28, 2004, 4:26:40 PM3/28/04

"Jan Kannemacher" <var...@gmx.de> wrote in message

do they move, I know they moo ;)

malcolm

Mar 28, 2004, 4:27:51 PM3/28/04

"Mitch" <inv...@invalid.com> wrote in message

Experience World War 2

big maps and interesting, mostly D-Day.

Villy Vonka

Mar 28, 2004, 5:21:06 PM3/28/04
malcolm wrote

>Argonnerwald.RFA
>Aube_de_Soiree.RFA
>Bocage.rfa
>Champ_de_Feu.RFA
>Chemin_des_Dames.RFA
>Hillbilly2.RFA
>Kursk.rfa
>Langemarck.RFA
>Mont_Kemmel.RFA
>Toska_Airbattle.RFA
>Vitry.RFA

Thanks, were these real battles, I've never heard of em in a WW1
context? Disappointing to see Bocage and Kursk in there, that's an
annoying trait I first noticed in DC...El Alamein is in Egypt not the
Persian Gulf FFS!! Give us maps from the correct period at least!

Where's Verdun? Mons? Arras? The Somme, Jutland, Gallipoli,
Passchendaele, Marne...this period in history has so much to offer for
mod developers, I hope future maps are based on real battles not
imaginary ones.

Jan Kannemacher

Mar 28, 2004, 5:46:36 PM3/28/04
"malcolm" <m.tambl...@mchsi.com> wrote:

>do they move, I know they moo ;)

In a way. You can shoot them up...if you pump enough shells into a cow,
it'll explode. But make sure you're far away, these are VIOLENT cows.

Wolster2002

Mar 29, 2004, 5:38:12 AM3/29/04
Villy Vonka wrote:

> Thanks, were these real battles, I've never heard of em in a WW1
> context? Disappointing to see Bocage and Kursk in there, that's an
> annoying trait I first noticed in DC...El Alamein is in Egypt not the
> Persian Gulf FFS!! Give us maps from the correct period at least!
>
> Where's Verdun? Mons? Arras? The Somme, Jutland, Gallipoli,
> Passchendaele, Marne...this period in history has so much to offer for
> mod developers, I hope future maps are based on real battles not
> imaginary ones.

Dont forget the first two battles at Ypres (Passchendale being the
third). My great great .....uncle was killed at the second battle. John
Condon, he was 14 years old and the youngest known British soldier to
die in WW1. His personal effects were sent to his his family, this
consisted of the sole of one boot! Would love to visit his grave one day.

Wolster

Villy Vonka

Mar 29, 2004, 2:55:31 PM3/29/04
Wolster2002 wrote

> Dont forget the first two battles at Ypres (Passchendale being the
>third). My great great .....uncle was killed at the second battle. John
>Condon, he was 14 years old and the youngest known British soldier to
>die in WW1. His personal effects were sent to his his family, this
>consisted of the sole of one boot! Would love to visit his grave one day.

Thanks for sharing. A tragedy how many kids signed up for the "glory"
and the authorities needed all the cannon fodder they could get so
probably turned a blind eye.

Its quite shocking to hear about the attitudes of the leadership at the
time, in particular the British and French commanders. I remember
reading about French soldiers being sent to the front at Verdun,
bleating like sheep as they walked past commanding officers...obviously
making the point that they were like lambs being sent to slaughter. And
the British being told to *walk* towards the enemy lines on the Somme -
though to be fair they thought the enemy lines had all but been
destroyed.

Here's a link I found about the Accrington Pals http://www.pals.org.uk
who were cut to pieces on the first day of the Somme. A good example of
why you should never recruit whole regiments from the same town.

OK...BF1918 - how the hell do you steer the Zeppelin?

malcolm

Mar 29, 2004, 11:08:24 PM3/29/04

> OK...BF1918 - how the hell do you steer the Zeppelin?
>
> --
> [AGB]Villy Vonka
> Sheffield, UK
> http://www.villyvonka.co.uk

the maps are based on actions in the bigger Battles,
Belgium mostly I think.
the Zeppelin does steer sometimes, with difficulty.........
try land a plane on top of it,
or go for a walk about on top from one of the gunners positions.
Bocage is a bit small for a Zepplin, and it doesnt last long with the French
fighters attacking.
also the bots merrily walk out the door and plummet to their deaths LOL.
malcolm

malcolm

Mar 29, 2004, 11:09:12 PM3/29/04

"Jan Kannemacher" <var...@gmx.de> wrote in message
never tried that, must give it a go, is FRAPs easy to
malcolm