1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in LOUISIANA.
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in LOUISIANA plus a
couple no one's seen before.
4. If it grows, it sticks; if it crawls, it bites.
5. Onced and twiced are words.
6. It is not a shopping cart; it is a buggy.
7. Fire ants consider your flesh as a picnic.
8. People actually grow and eat okra.
9. Fixinto is one word.
10. There is no such thing as "lunch". There is only dinner and then there
11. Ice tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when
you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar!
12. Backards and forwards means "I know everything about you."
13. Jeet? i s actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
14. You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it
is. You work until you' re done or it's too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH them.
YOU KNOW YOUR FROM LOUISIANA IF:
1. You measure distance in minutes.
2. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
3. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: "I'm fixing to go to the store "
4. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable,
grain, insect or animal.
5. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both
6. You know what a "DAWG" is.
7. You carry jumper cables in your car...for your OWN car.
8. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, tony chachere's, tabasco and
9. The local papers cover national and international news on one page but
require 6 pages for local gossip and sports.
10. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
11. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit "a little warm".
12. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer and
13. You know whether another LOUISIANAN is from NEW ORLEANS, north or south
as soon as they open their mouth.
14. Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as"goin' Wal-martin"or
off to "Wally World"....Mall Mart
15. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good Gumbo
16. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola or pop...it's a Coke,
regardless of brand or flavor. Example: "What kinda coke you want?"
17. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
18. We don't need no stinking driver's ed....if our mama says we can
drive, we can drive.
19. You understand these jokes and forward them to your friends from
LOUISIANA (and those who just wish they were).
Not EVERYONE can be a LOUISIANAN, it's an art form and a gift from God