Some silly jokes if anyone still reads the group.

KWills

Sep 5, 2021, 8:51:11 PM9/5/21
What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common?
Same middle name.

What is the opposite of a croissant?
A happy uncle.

Which branch of the military accepts toddlers?
The infantry.

I have a joke about time travel, but I'm not gonna share it.
You guys didn't like it.

What's the opposite of irony?
Wrinkly.

I was kidnapped by mimes once.
They did unspeakable things to me.

Got a PS5 for my little brother.
Best trade I've ever done!

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons...
for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Reince Reinwald

Oct 20, 2021, 5:12:14 PM10/20/21
On 9/5/2021 6:51 PM, KWills wrote:
> What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common?

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ia-supreme-court/1360099.html

Wills' claim is without merit.   As we have discussed, the residence is
the one and only “occupied structure” under the facts of this case.
Had Wills' trial counsel made this objection to the instruction, it
would have been overruled.

Therefore, Wills' trial counsel is not ineffective for failing to move
for a judgment of acquittal or objecting to the instruction because
there was no legal basis for the motion or objection.   See State v.
Hochmuth, 585 N.W.2d 234, 238 (Iowa 1998) (holding trial counsel was not
ineffective for failing to raise an issue that has no merit).

IV. Disposition.

We affirm the judgment of the district court because Wills' trial
counsel was not ineffective for failing to raise meritless issues.

AFFIRMED.

WIGGINS, Justice.

./==\
/~~~~~\V ./ / ||