FAQ: Why Did The Order Of Eastern Star Use An Inverted Pentagram As Its Symbol?

rpautrey2

Mar 26, 2009, 12:35:36 PM3/26/09
FAQ: Why Does The Order Of Eastern Star Use An Inverted Pentagram As
Its Symbol?

Order of the Eastern Star

The Order of the Eastern Star, a fraternal organization associated
with Freemasonry, has employed a point-down pentagram as its symbol,
with the five isosceles triangles of the points colored red, blue,
yellow, white and green. This is an older form of the order's emblem
and it is now more commonly depicted with the central pentagon rotated
36° so that it is no longer strictly a pentagram.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram

rpautrey2

Mar 26, 2009, 1:41:45 PM3/26/09
FAQ: Why Did The Order Of Eastern Star Use An Inverted Pentagram As
Its Symbol?

Satanists use a pentagram with two points up, often inscribed in a
double circle, with the head of a goat inside the pentagram. This is
referred to as the Sigil of Baphomet. They use it much the same way as
the Pythagoreans, as Tartaros literally translates from Greek as a
"Pit" or "Void" in Christian terminology (the word is used as such in
the Bible, referring to the place where the fallen angels are
fettered). The Pythagorean Greek letters are most often replaced by
the Hebrew letters לויתן forming the name Leviathan. Less esoteric
LaVeyan Satanists use it as a sign of rebellion or religious
identification, the three downward points symbolising rejection of the
holy Trinity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram#Satanism

rpautrey2

Mar 26, 2009, 1:45:39 PM3/26/09
Order Of Eastern Star Logo(jpg) Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:OrderEasternStar_logo_from_saucer.jpg

rpautrey2

Mar 26, 2009, 1:48:13 PM3/26/09
Satanic Pentagram(jpg) Logo Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pentagram_with_one_point_down_(de_Guaita).jpg

> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram- Hide quoted text -

rpautrey2

Mar 26, 2009, 2:47:49 PM3/26/09
They still use a point down pentagram.
Look for yourself:

http://www.utahoes.org/

Utah Grand Chapter

Order of the Eastern Star

Larry W

Mar 26, 2009, 4:00:49 PM3/26/09
rpautrey2 wrote:
> They still use a point down pentagram.

It is a symbol. It points down to the manger. Read Matthew.

--
L a r r y W
PM, Holbrook #30, AF&AM of Oregon

rpautrey2

Mar 26, 2009, 6:31:49 PM3/26/09
Why do freemasons and satan worshippers use the same symbol?

On Mar 26, 3:00 pm, Larry W <larry.the.mason.from.holbr...@gmail.com>

Larry W

Mar 26, 2009, 7:28:25 PM3/26/09
rpautrey2 wrote:
> Why do freemasons and satan worshippers use the same symbol?

Nice try, but that's an old and tired line.

rpautrey2

Mar 26, 2009, 7:31:32 PM3/26/09
> > Why do freemasons and satan worshippers use the same symbol?
>
> Nice try, but that's an old and tired line.

Please Explain?

On Mar 26, 6:28 pm, Larry W <larry.the.mason.from.holbr...@gmail.com>

innerjewel

Mar 26, 2009, 7:54:08 PM3/26/09
The OES was founded in the 1850s by Dr. Rob Morris. The order has used
the five pointed star as it's symbol because each point of the star
represents a heroine from the Holy Bible, which is located in the
centre of the star. Adah, Ruth, Esther, Martha and Electa are all
reresented as these star points. As far as I know there weren't any
Satanic organisations that used a pentagram as their symbol in the
1850s so there wasn't any negative connotation or Satanic association
to it in those days as there is now. The star is explicitly referred
to as the star of Bethlehem. There is absolutely nothing devilish
about the OES as it is comprised of some of the sweetest, most caring
and generous people I have ever met.

rpautrey2

Mar 31, 2009, 1:39:18 PM3/31/09
> The order has used
> the five pointed star as it's symbol because each point of the star
> represents a heroine from the Holy Bible, which is located in the
> centre of the star. Adah, Ruth, Esther, Martha and Electa are all
> reresented as these star points.

I don't buy it.

Half-Truth/Doublespeak!

KI...@hotmail.com

Mar 31, 2009, 1:42:44 PM3/31/09
On Mar 31, 1:39�pm, rpautrey2 <rpautr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't buy it.

Then look it up yourself !!!

rpautrey2

Mar 31, 2009, 1:53:34 PM3/31/09

Excerpt From:
http://www.dpjs.co.uk/baphomet.html

1.2. The Satanic Inverted Pentacle
The inverted pentacle represents the carnal and 'ungodly' side of
mankind rather than the spiritual. Various authors have concurred with
this theme, although here our main concern is with the doctrine of the
Church of Satan.

In the 19th century Eliphas Levi taught "that with two points down it
was the symbol of God, with one point down, it was that of the
Devil"4.

According to Akron, the inverted pentacle means 'victory of matter
over spirit'1.

Aleister Crowley used it similarily "to signify the descent of spirit
into matter"5.

Anton LaVey, the founding High Priest of the Church of Satan,
describes the two anterior points as 'an attack on heaven'. It is an
attack on the concept that Human Beings are toys of any god; a
creation of any being or that there exists any being we should worship
just because it exists; the Satanist reserves this privilege for
himself only. LaVey also describes the posterior & two lateral points
as a "denial of the trinity", referring to the Christian concept of
the Trinity, codified in the 4th century. I prefer not to refer
specifically to the Christian doctrines and sometimes summarize the
two lateral points as representing "two feet on the Earth"; i.e.;
Belial. The attack on Heaven & right hand path is representative of
Lucifer.

The inverted pentacle is a materialistic, human-centered symbol that
like Satan represents a rejection of spiritual pipe-dreams such as
heaven, and an embrace of the carnal and real elements of life.

2. The Sigil of the Baphomet
The Sigil of the Baphomet is an inverted pentacle form, with two
points pointing upwards, one downwards, and one to each side. It is
the official symbol of the Church of Satan. Inside the pentacle is the
image of a goat, its horns filling the upper two points, its ears
filling the two lateral ones, and its mouth filling the lower one.
This is Satan. The goat and pentacle theme is very old, and has its
origins in alchemy. The pentacle is surrounded by two circles the
innermost touching the points of the pentacle. In between the two
circles are 5 Hebrew characters, spelling LVTHN anticlockwise:
Leviathan.

A modern interpretation is that it represents fertility, success and
power.

“The symbol of Baphomet was used by the Knights Templar to represent
Satan. Through the ages this symbol has been called by many different
names. Among these are: The Goat of Mendes, The Goat of a Thousand
Young, The Black Goat, The Judas Goat, and perhaps most appropriately,
The Scapegoat.”
Book of Belial: The Satanic Ritual in
"The Satanic Bible" by Anton LaVey (1969)

“Baphomet. The term may have come from two Greek words, baphe and
metis, meaning "absorption of knowledge." It has also been called the
Black Goat, Devil's Goat, Goat Head, Goat of Mendes, and Judas Goat.”
ReligiousTolerance.org.

The history of the Baphomet's usage by the Church Of Satan is very
clearly laid out with as much information as you could possibly want
from a very good source ... the Church of Satan Official Website, as
linked at the top of this page.
Front PageBy Vexen Crabtree, originally published 2001 Jan 01,
relaunched on 2008 Sep 26.

Links:
History of the use of the Sigil of Baphomet in the Church of Satan.
[Official page]
Knights Templar and the Baphomet.
The Baphomet.

Akron
"H.R. Giger Tarot" (2000). Akron is the writing name of C. F. Frey.
Published by Evergreen, an imprint of Taschen GmbH. Original edition
published as Baphomet in 1992 by Urania AG, Neuhausen/Switzerland.

Hutton, Ronald
"The Triumph of the Moon: A History of Modern Pagan
Witchcraft" (1999). Published by Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK.
Paperpack edition 2001.

LaVey, Anton (1930-1997)
"The Satanic Bible" (1969). Published by Avon Books Inc, New York,
USA. Anton LaVey founded the Church of Satan in 1966.

Notes
Akron (2000). Introduction to The Devil tarot card.
Hutton (1999) p67.^
Hutton (1999) p70-71.^
Eliphas Levi in Hutton (1999) p71.^
Hutton (1999) p179.^

Jim Bennie

Mar 31, 2009, 11:56:42 PM3/31/09
<KI...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Then look it up yourself !!!

George, you know how conspiracy kooks are. They'll never address anything
you specifically state. They'll only go to sites that regurgitate their
preconceptions and ignore everything else. In the past, when I've point this
out, they just mimic my post because they can't prove I'm wrong.

I don't understand why some people have to believe in some nonsensical
Secret Masonic Conspiracy That Leads to Satan, or why people spend their
lives trolling strangers on the internet. It'd probably take some sort of
professional in the field of deviant psychological behaviour to figure it
out.

Jim, Vancouver

innerjewel

Apr 1, 2009, 1:43:16 AM4/1/09

> I don't buy it.
>
> Half-Truth/Doublespeak!
What specifically have I said that constitutes doublespeak? I am
stating factual information here. Dr. Rob Morris was a deeply
religious Christian man and poet who wrote church hymns that are sung
in churches all over the english speaking world. There is no way he
had any Satanic beliefs. If other witchcraft or occult orders used the
pentagram AFTER bro. Morris used it for the OES then that is a
coincidence. The Star we use is the Star of Bethlehem that the Magi
followed in the New Testament. It says as much in our ceremonial. If
you want to believe in your Satanic fantasy then fine. Don't let
reality spoil your fun. My wife and I are members of OES and the
notion that there is any kind of connection to Satanism is absolutely
ludicrous. The membership of OES is comprised primarily of sweet old
Church Ladies in their seventies, eighties and nineties. A Satan
worshipper would find a 31/2 hour OES meeting intolerable and would be
begging to be let out within minutes. Then he would have to face the
wrath of a seventy eight year old lady brandishing a sword.

rpautrey2

Apr 1, 2009, 8:18:41 AM4/1/09

> I don't understand why some people have to believe in some nonsensical
> Secret Masonic Conspiracy That Leads to Satan, or why people spend their
> lives trolling strangers on the internet. It'd probably take some sort of
> professional in the field of deviant psychological behaviour to figure it
> out.
>
> Jim, Vancouver

You're a trolling kook!

You're also not a credible source for
factual info about your satanic cult.

On Mar 31, 10:56 pm, "Jim Bennie" <jg.stopspam.ben...@vcn.bc.ca>

KI...@hotmail.com

Apr 1, 2009, 9:16:03 AM4/1/09
On Apr 1, 8:18�am, rpautrey2 <rpautr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You're also not a credible source for
> factual info about your satanic cult.

Yes Jim, why would anyone expect that you, a member of the Masonic
Fraternity, would know more about Freemasonry then our foolish poster
rpautrey, obviously NOT a member? Isn't it amazing that non-Masonic
posters always seem to know more about the Masonic Fraternity then
its' members do?

rpautrey2

Apr 1, 2009, 9:25:05 AM4/1/09
> Yes Jim, why would anyone expect that you, a member of the Masonic
> Fraternity, would know more about Freemasonry then our foolish poster
> rpautrey, obviously NOT a member? Isn't it amazing that non-Masonic
> posters always seem to know more about the Masonic Fraternity then
> its' members do?

Could it be that 'members in the know' are liars?

Could it be that ignorant masons are ignorant?

Larry W

Apr 1, 2009, 11:59:14 AM4/1/09
innerjewel wrote:
>> I don't buy it.
>>
>> Half-Truth/Doublespeak!
> What specifically have I said that constitutes doublespeak?

I'm only guessing, but I believe it refers to your fact-ridden post. AJ
Club members have repeatedly proven that the truth is of absolutely no
use to them. They will completely ignore facts if they even remotely
conflict with their delusions.

--
L a r r y W

PM, Holbrook #30, AF&AM | AP, Acacia #22, Amaranth

rpautrey2

Apr 1, 2009, 12:59:10 PM4/1/09
On Apr 1, 10:59 am, Larry W <larry.the.mason.from.holbr...@gmail.com>

KI...@hotmail.com

Apr 1, 2009, 3:18:49 PM4/1/09
On Apr 1, 9:25�am, rpautrey2 <rpautr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could it be that 'members in the know' are liars?

No.

> Could it be that ignorant masons are ignorant?

No.

YAWN !!!

innerjewel

Apr 1, 2009, 8:58:47 PM4/1/09
rpautrey, you have failed to answer my question regarding what
precisely in my post constitutes doublespeak. Your assertion that we
are either ignorant or liars rings hollow. Please provide an example
of me hving lied and I will eat my words. You have also failed to
conjure up any form of a rebuttal to anyones posts here. Calling Jim a
Trolling Kook is not a rebuttal it is the old argumentum ad hominem
and it is a dead giveaway that someone has lost a debate. Your problem
seems to be that you are beginnig with a conclusion (that Freemasons
are bad guys) and then selectively picking factoids which corroborate
your conclusion while selectively ignoring any inconvenient facts that
conflict with it. You live in fantasy land so why don't you Yawn away
and go back to sleep.

Joe Schmuckatelli

Apr 2, 2009, 5:34:31 AM4/2/09
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:58:47 -0700 (PDT), innerjewel
<fiat...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>You live in fantasy land so why don't you Yawn away
>and go back to sleep.

Just killfile his ass and be done with it. Worked for me.

innerjewel

Apr 2, 2009, 8:40:06 PM4/2/09
On Apr 2, 2:34 am, Joe Schmuckatelli <n...@no.no> wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:58:47 -0700 (PDT), innerjewel
>
> <fiatlu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >You live in fantasy land so why don't you Yawn away
> >and go back to sleep.
>
> Just killfile his ass and be done with it.  Worked for me.

My newsreader doesn't have the killfile option. I really wish I could
pl;onk some of these bozos but it is a bit of fun blasting huge
shotgun holes in their cellophane thin arguments.

Larry W

Apr 2, 2009, 8:49:47 PM4/2/09
innerjewel wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2:34 am, Joe Schmuckatelli <n...@no.no> wrote:
>> Just killfile his ass and be done with it. Worked for me.
> My newsreader doesn't have the killfile option.

Ignoring its posts also works. But an upside to seeing all the posts
means that any useful questions or friendly discussions with the AJ club
are possible.

Jim Bennie

Apr 3, 2009, 4:12:02 AM4/3/09
"innerjewel" <fiat...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> My newsreader doesn't have the killfile option. I really wish I could
> pl;onk some of these bozos but it is a bit of fun blasting huge
> shotgun holes in their cellophane thin arguments.

IJ, just do what I do with assorted kooks and trolls. Delete them unread. Is
life worth wasting to see the same endless paranoid conspiracy nonsense and
other goofyness?

Granted, some of them morph, but they're so unoriginal, you can tell who
they are.

Jim, Vancouver

Doug Freyburger

Apr 3, 2009, 11:30:37 AM4/3/09
Larry W <larry.the.mason.from.holbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> innerjewel wrote:
>
> > My newsreader doesn't have the killfile option.

I am one of those that insists on using a browser. I started
because I travelled and didn't want to deal with networks
that did or didn't block NNTP. In the end I decided I would
rather use HTTP interfaces. Ever since I've looked for an
NSP whose web interface supports kill files. So far I've
found NSPs who have a web interface that doesn't, and one
NSP whose web interface does but that only carries one
of the groups I follow. Web interface with a killfile, I switch.

> Ignoring its posts also works.

Your regularly posted FAQs are a good compromise.

1) The principle of "Silence affirms assent" says that
ignoring opponents will be taken by some as the points
being valid.

2) Replying to a troll is the tactic of a troll so there's no
clean way to deal with the anti-s by replying to them
directly.

3) Thus the facts are posted in FAQ files that are not replies
to any anti or troll.

There's a local lodge that does an annual Table Lodge. I
go every year. Part of it is one brother reciting a part of a
lecture and another brother responding on what it means
to him. For the second year in a row I have signed up to
do one of the responses. Brothers who've read my
commentary on the importance of discussing what the
ritual means will understnad how much I'm looking forward
to the event.

rpautrey2

Apr 8, 2009, 1:33:01 PM4/8/09
Why Does The Order Of Eastern Star Use An Inverted Pentagram As Its
Symbol?

Satanism?

Witch Cult?

Poisoners/Assassins Cult?

innerjewel

Apr 8, 2009, 8:02:43 PM4/8/09

Yawn!

klbo...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2014, 4:56:23 PM4/11/14
Take a look at this again. It may be all a question of perception. When in a Chapter room, how does the star appear when viewed from the East? So, is the star really inverted? Or is this a mis-perception spread by people who are unfamiliar with the inner workings of the Order? I don't really know, but this is an explanation that makes sense to me, even if it's not an official one.

5

Apr 14, 2014, 10:59:18 PM4/14/14
Huh?

5

Apr 14, 2014, 11:04:48 PM4/14/14

9:59 PM me

Huh?

9:59 by 5?

9+5+9=23

23 Enigma?

Law of 5's?

Coincidence?

jeffst...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2014, 9:22:54 PM11/13/14
if course u don't buy it...it's not the answer u wanted to hear...

miked...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2015, 12:49:02 PM1/12/15
I used to think exactly like u until I read morals and dogma,then i realized pike and other members of the hierarchy knew exactly the 😈 meaning of magical symbols and their inversion,who's being naive now?

dannyx...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2018, 2:50:00 PM4/29/18
Masons have taken a solemn oath to never reveal the secrets, arts, parts, or points of the hidden mysteries of Freemasons in Freemasonry to any person in the world unless he be a true and lawful Freemason. So, if you want to learn about Freemasonry, come join us. The only requirement is that you believe in God. No man will ever enter a Masonic Temple without belief in diety. An Atheist could not become a Mason. Woe to the cowans and eavesdroppers who may try to enter and steal the secrets. Our Tyler, who is placed at the front door, is tasked with preventing Cowans and eavesdroppers from entering. You will be challenged!

Join to to seek the Light and become Illuminated!

Danny Hughes
Worshipful Master /G\

tricia...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2018, 10:41:32 AM7/18/18
I got accepted this month to be an eastern star. I cant wait for my initiation it should be sometime next month. My husband is waiting for the verdict of his voting he should know tomorrow what it is. He will be getting into the Scottish rites. I know this has nothing to do with the star, but I am excited!

dolf

Jul 18, 2018, 12:22:28 PM7/18/18
— HOITY-TOITY JERK —

“KERNEL SINCE PLEASANCE IS UGLY.
TAKE A DO IT YOURSELF APPROACH.
AS INDIFFERENCE TO HER FUGLY.
AND BY ALL MEANS A REPROACH.

MAKE HER CLEAN UP THE MESS.
DON’T BLOW DRY AS HER FANNY.
PRESIDENTIAL EDICT ON HER DRESS.
SINCE YOUR PRICK IS TEENY WEENY.”

HOITY-TOITY (adjective):
- assuming airs; pretentious; haughty.
- giddy; flighty.
noun
- giddy behavior.
- Word of the Day for 19 July 2018; Courtesy: www.dictionary.com
--

YOUTUBE: "The Meerkat Circus"

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-7OuqWi4vQ>

Private “Saint Andrews” Street on the edge of the Central Business District
dated 16th May, 2000 - This report is prepared in response to a TP00/55 as
a Notice of an Application for Planning Permit

<http://www.grapple369.com/jubilee2000.html>

SEE ALSO: HYPOSTASIS as DAO OF NATURE (Chinese: ZIRAN) / COURSE (Greek:

<http://www.grapple369.com/nature.html>

EXISTENCE / *OUSIA*.

TETRAD/TETRACTYS

dolf

Jul 18, 2018, 3:23:44 PM7/18/18
— HOITY-TOITY JERK —

“KERNEL SINCE PLEASANCE IS UGLY.
TAKE A DO IT YOURSELF APPROACH.
AS INDIFFERENCE TO HER FUGLY.
AND BY ALL MEANS A REPROACH.

MAKE HER CLEAN UP THE MESS.
DON’T BLOW DRY AS HER FANNY.
PRESIDENTIAL EDICT ON HER DRESS.
SINCE YOUR PRICK IS TEENY WEENY.”

STRONG-POLITICS@{
@1: Sup: 66 (#66); Ego: 3 (#3),
@2: Sup: 61 (#127); Ego: 77 (#80),
@3: Sup: 60 (#187); Ego: 69 (#149),
@4: Sup: 13 (#200); Ego: 48 (#197),
@5: Sup: 57 (#257); Ego: 46 (#243),
@6: Sup: 59 (#316); Ego: 33 (#276),
@7: Sup: 50 (#366); Ego: 38 (#314),
@8: Sup: 74 (#440); Ego: 10 (#324),
@9: Sup: 8 (#448); Ego: 31 (#355),
Male: #448; Feme: #355
}

<http://www.grapple369.com?idea:{m,448}&idea:{f,355}>

HOITY-TOITY (adjective):
- assuming airs; pretentious; haughty.
- giddy; flighty.
noun
- giddy behavior.
- Word of the Day for 19 July 2018; Courtesy: www.dictionary.com

T'AI HSÜAN CHING {POLAR OPPOSITIONS / INTERPLAY OF OPPOSITES} [4 BCE]:

UMBRA: #13 % #41 = #13 - Status, Loathing Shame; I-Ching: H5 - Waiting,
Delay, Attending, Moistened, Arriving; Tetra: 17 - Holding Back;

THOTH MEASURE: #13 - Oh Eater of Blood, who makest thine appearance at the
Block; I have not slaughtered the sacred animals.

    #VIRTUE: With Increase (no. #13), the beginning of florescence, but
    #TOOLS: With Eternal (no. #53), what lasts to the very end.
    #POSITION: With Opposition (no. #8), at court, but
    #TIME: With Inner (no. #65), on the sleeping mat
    #CANON: #139

#448 as [#1, #5, #2, #400, #40] = 'ahabah (H160): {#0 as #13 % #41 = #13}
1) love; 2) God's love to His people; 1a) human love for human object; 1a1)
of man toward man; 1a2) of man toward himself; 1a3) between man and woman;
1a4) sexual desire;

T'AI HSÜAN CHING {POLAR OPPOSITIONS / INTERPLAY OF OPPOSITES} [4 BCE]:

UMBRA: #43 % #41 = #2 - Contrast of Terms, Self-Culture; I-Ching: H11 -
Peace, Pervading, Greatness; Tetra: 16 - Contact;

THOTH MEASURE: #2 - Oh thou who boldest the fire, and makest thine
appearance in Cher-aba; I am not a man of violence.

    #VIRTUE: With Full Circle (no. #2), a return to virtue.
    #TOOLS: With Defectiveness (no. #10), the crooked.
    #POSITION: With Going to Meet (no. #42), a counter turn towards
punishment.
    #TIME: With Bold Resolution (no. #30), the straight?
    #CANON: #84

#448 as [#5, #3, #4, #30, #6, #400] = gadowl (H1419): {#2 as #43 % #41 =
#2} 1) great; 1a) large (in magnitude and extent); 1b) in number; 1c) in
intensity; 1d) loud (in sound); 1e) older (in age); 1f) in importance; 1f1)
important things; 1f2) great, distinguished (of men); 1f3) God Himself (of
God) subst; 1g) great things; 1h) *haughty* things; 1i) greatness;

T'AI HSÜAN CHING {POLAR OPPOSITIONS / INTERPLAY OF OPPOSITES} [4 BCE]:

UMBRA: #355 % #41 = #27 - Greatest Functional Skill in Paradoxes; I-Ching:
H21 - Bite Together, Biting Through, Gnawing Bite; Tetra: 74 - Closure;

THOTH MEASURE: #27 - Oh thou whose face is behind thee, and who makest
thine appearance at thy cavern; I am not given to unnatural lust.

    #VIRTUE: With Duties (no. #27), esteem for activity.
    #TOOLS: With Darkening (no. #67), esteem for rest.
    #POSITION: With Mired (no. #3), plucked out from calamity.
    #TIME: With Aggravation (no. #76), lacking any pardons.
    #CANON: #173

#355 as [#40, #8, #300, #2, #5] = machashabah (H4284): {#4 as #355 % #41 =
#27} 1) thought, device; 1a) thought; 1b) device, plan, purpose; 1c)
invention;

T'AI HSÜAN CHING {POLAR OPPOSITIONS / INTERPLAY OF OPPOSITES} [4 BCE]:

UMBRA: #345 % #41 = #17 - Politics; I-Ching: H54 - Marriageable
Maid/Maiden, Converting the Maiden; Tetra: 65 - Inner;

THOTH MEASURE: #17 - Oh Aati, who makest thine appearance at Annu; I am not
one of prating tongue.

    #VIRTUE: With Holding Back (no. #17), to have fears.
    #TOOLS: Guardedness (no. #57) means to be impregnable.
    #POSITION: With Compliance (no. #77), orders upheld, but
    #TIME: With Contrariety (no. #6), mutual opposition.
    #CANON: #157

#355 as [#20, #5, #50, #70, #10, #200 = kenos (G2756): {#15 as #345 % #41 =
#17} 1) empty, vain, devoid of truth; 1a) of places, vessels, etc. which
contain nothing; 1b) of men; 1b1) *empty* *handed*; 1b2) without a gift;
1c) metaph. destitute of spiritual wealth, of one who boasts of his faith
as a transcendent possession, yet is without the fruits of faith; 1d)
metaph. of endeavours, labours, *acts*, *which* *result* *in* *nothing*,
vain, fruitless, without effect; 1d1) vain of no purpose;

T'AI HSÜAN CHING {POLAR OPPOSITIONS / INTERPLAY OF OPPOSITES} [4 BCE]:

UMBRA: #990 % #41 = #6 - Female Superiority, Completion of Form; I-Ching:
H25 - No Errancy, Without Embroiling, Innocence, Pestilence; Tetra: 66 -
Departure;

THOTH MEASURE: #6 - Oh thou of Lion form, who makest thine appearance in
Heaven; I am not fraudulent in measures of grain.

    #VIRTUE: With Contrariety (no. #6), internal contradiction.
    #TOOLS: Enlargement (no. #46) means external opposition.
    #POSITION: As to Watch (no. #63), it is the apparent.
    #TIME: As to Darkening (no. #67), it is the indistinct.
    #CANON: #182

#355 as [#20, #5, #100, #4, #8, #200, #8, #10] = kerdaino (G2770): {#16 as
#990 % #41 = #6} 1) to gain, acquire, to get gain; 2) metaph.; 2a) of gain
arising from shunning or escaping from evil (where we say to spare one's
self, be spared); 2b) to gain any one ie. to win him over to the kingdom of
God, to gain one to faith in Christ; 2c) to gain Christ's favour and
fellowship;

T'AI HSÜAN CHING {POLAR OPPOSITIONS / INTERPLAY OF OPPOSITES} [4 BCE]:

UMBRA: #295 % #41 = #8 - Worth of Water, Easy By Nature; I-Ching: H48 - The
Well, Welling; Tetra: 40 - Law/Model;

THOTH MEASURE: #8 - Oh thou of fiery face, whose motion is backwards; I am
not a robber of sacred property.

    #VIRTUE: Opposition (no. #8) means recklessness.
    #TOOLS: Ritual (no. #48) means squareness the correspondence between
word and deed.
    #POSITION: With Departure (no. #66), leaving the old, but
    #TIME: With On the Verge (no. #78), coming to a new start.
    #CANON: #200

#335 as [#40, #90, #200, #5] = tsarah (H6869): {#4 as #295 % #41 = #8} 1)
straits, distress, trouble; 2) vexer, *rival* *wife*;

T'AI HSÜAN CHING {POLAR OPPOSITIONS / INTERPLAY OF OPPOSITES} [4 BCE]:

UMBRA: #1457 % #41 = #22 - Point to Reversal?, Humility's Increase;
I-Ching: H8 - Closeness, Seeking Unity, Grouping, Holding together,
Alliance; Tetra: 34 - Kinship;

THOTH MEASURE: #22 - Oh Chemiu, who makest thine appearance in Kauu; I am
not a transgressor.

    #VIRTUE: What Resistance (no. #22) approves is right while
    #TOOLS: What Doubt (no. #62) abhors is wrong.
    #POSITION: With Advance (no. #20), the desire to proceed.
    #TIME: With Stoppage (no. #71), the desire for constraints.
    #CANON: #175

#335 as [#1, #50, #5, #50, #5, #3, #20, #1, #200] = anaphero (G399): {#10
as #1457 % #41 = #22} 1) to carry or bring up, to lead up; 2) to put upon
the altar, to bring to the altar, to offer; 3) to lift up one's self, to
take upon one's self; 1a) men to a higher place; 3a) to place on one's self
*anything* *as* *a* *load* *to* *be* *carried*; 3b) to sustain, ie. their
punishment;

- dolf