To all Mason, an Apology

Dr. Roger M. Firestone

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
In article <7ldf2b$56rk$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>,
the Watchman <watc...@conspiracywatch.com> wrote:
>Recently I have started posting in your news groups opinions that I have
>come to from studying an ancient secret society called the Illuminati. From

"ancient?" How about 18th century? "Ancient" means prior to 500 AD.

>my studies I have ( and so has millions of others like myself ) drawn a
>conclusion that there are individuals that are members of your society and
>other societies which are involved in, a push for a new world order and one
>world religion. I do not believe that all Masons are involved in this
>grand

And your studies would, of course, not have depended on any books or
papers written by general academic historians, but only on works by
conspiracy theorists, extreme right-wing groups, and other such wackos.
Right? Tell us your sources, won't you?

>conspiracy; just the ones with a need to belong to a brotherhood that is so
>strong that they will do anything to belong and be a part of it. I know for
>a fact that each and every member benefits in some way by simply being a
>Brother of the lodge. Masons look out for other masons, masons buy from
>other masons. Who wouldn't want to belong to something like that. The

Please explain why, if this "need" is so strong, we have trouble getting
more than 20% of our members to attend meetings, and our membership has
been declining for some four decades.

>problem is that the when your new to masonry you are watched and observed
>intently to see what kind of person you are. To see if have what it takes to
>Lie, deceive and be a tiny part of this conspiracy. Some of you may be

Well, no; "to see if you have what it takes" to learn ritual and handle
the responsibilities of being an officer of a fraternal organization.
We have no need to lie or deceive; such things are absolutely contrary
to the teachings of Freemasonry.

>twenty year members and still know nothing of the truth intentions of the
>lodge. Though there are a few that show that they will do anything just to
>be a part of something bigger to benefit financially. Simply look at your
>own initiation rituals to figure that out. I believe as well as many others
>that it is what you "yourself" do during these initiations that decides your
>place in the lodge and what secret you will allowed to know.

Well, I got to be Grand Master of Cryptic Masons, and I don't think I
achieved any financial benefit. Cost me something over $1000, in fact,
for travel, gifts, entertainment of my guests, etc. Those from larger
jurisdictions spend a lot more (and they spend money traveling to meet
enough Masons to be elected to Grand Line, which for many, is money gone
without even attaining that goal). In other words, the foregoing is
utter nonsense.

> I truly believe that there are good hearted, god fearing members in
>masonry that have nothing but good intentions, but I also believe that there
>also many members with not so pure intentions and goals. If you are a
>Christian or a non Christian and are a member of Freemasonry be very aware
>that someone in the upper levels is watching you and praying on your
>weaknesses (i.e your need to belong and financial needs) with hopes of

Well, I've been to those "upper levels," and let me tell you, there
isn't time to go looking for people to manipulate. I had enough trouble
just getting people to do what their jobs required of them, in fact,
without taking advantage of "weaknesses." Remember that Freemasonry is
a voluntary organization. I've never known anyone who couldn't walk
away from anything he was asked to do if he didn't want to do it. (Pike
talked about that in a couple of his Scottish Rite degrees--and that was
more than a century ago. Inaction and indifference are not new.)
Masonry is not like the Church in the Middle Ages, when excommunication
was almost a death sentence. You are confused...

>encouraging you to need this brother hood) Freemasons do not worship Jesus
>Christ, I understand that. They also do not have a specific god that
>they

Well, the Christian Masons I know worship Jesus as part of the Trinity.
Many of the members of Henry Lodge #57 belong to the Methodist Church
just down the road; they were there this past Sunday to conduct both
services in recognition of St. John's Day.

I happen to be Jewish. I worship the Lord of Hosts, who made Heaven and
Earth.

>worship. for any and all gods are permissible. The bible says God does not

Sorry, only one God is permissible--the Great Architect of the
Universe. But He may have many names, whether they be in Hebrew,
Arabic, English, Latin, Russian, Greek, Hindi, or whatever.

>like you to be Luke warm, but rather you be hot or cold. Do not be deceived
>and remember that Jesus Christ is the one true god and if you are Luke warm
>( accepting this "higher power thing " you are setting yourself up to accept
>the lie when it does come around in the very near future.)

What about those who are not Luke warm but are Matthew warm, Mark warm,
or John warm?

Sorry, but I simply don't accept that Jesus is the one true God. That
is a matter of _faith_, not of fact.

> To all Masons that are aware of the conspiracy and are apart of it. You
>have already lost. You can't win. the end is the end and no way to change
>it---it is written-- Accept Jesus Christ and let him be your center or Grand
>Architect as you call it.

For Christians, Jesus is already linked to the Great Architect as part
of the Trinity.

Why should I accept your religion? Why shouldn't you convert to mine,
instead? I am just as sincere and adamant in my beliefs as you are.
And so are many Muslims. There is no _proof_ of the validity of any one
single religion that gives you the right to say, "Believe as I do, or
else."

> My attacks or comments are not against all members of your brotherhood,
>just the greedy ones. My attack is not just on Freemasonry but each and

Well, when we find bad Masons, such as greedy ones, we weed them out.
Masons get suspended or expelled for misdeeds every year. We just don't
publish their names in the newspaper...

>every secret and not so secret society out there, for The Illuminati are an

The Illuminati haven't existed in over two centuries. Get over it.

>organization within an organization and a society within a society. Members
>of theses secret societies are potential pawns for the Illuminati (E
>Pluribus Unum = "Out of many One"), wake up before it too late.

Oh, so the United States was founded by Illuminati, since "e pluribus
unum" is an Illuminati motto? Please resume taking your medicine...

There are no Illuminati. Masonry is a fraternal organization, not a
conspiracy. Nor is it a religion. Of course, nothing can convince you,
for you start with a conclusion and look for ways to justify it. Aren't
there some sick or poor people you can spend your time on, rather than
cluttering up the net with this tripe?

Roger M. Firestone, 32 KCCH

cactus6 .

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
the Watchman wrote:
> Recently I have started posting in your news groups opinions that I have
> come to from studying an ancient secret society called the Illuminati.

Then you should know that the Illuminati have been defunct for some
time now, except in the minds of crackpots like you.

> From

> my studies I have ( and so has millions of others like myself ) drawn a
> conclusion that there are individuals that are members of your society and
> other societies which are involved in, a push for a new world order and one
> world religion.

If you were perhaps talking about non-Masons like Pat Robertson, the
Pope or other such figures, I might agree with you about leaders pushing
for a one world religion.

>I do not believe that all Masons are involved in this grand

> conspiracy;

I do not believe there are any such active Masons. Those who might
actually have such a motive to join would soon drop out.

>just the ones with a need to belong to a brotherhood that is so
> strong that they will do anything to belong and be a part of it.

People like that are too easily distracted into serving on projects
such as a fund raising committee to re-pave the parking lot, picking
up trash on an adopted section of a highway, helping the Junior Warden
prepare a barbecue, etc., than to be "seduced" into nutty conspiracies
activities like the one you propose.

>I know for
> a fact that each and every member benefits in some way by simply being a
> Brother of the lodge.

Indeed! But you do not know the facts of benefit. They are not
what you think.

>Masons look out for other masons, masons buy from
> other masons. Who wouldn't want to belong to something like that.

Sorry, but if that is all one is interested in, they can join
the Elks.

>The

> problem is that the when your new to masonry you are watched and observed
> intently to see what kind of person you are. To see if have what it takes to
> Lie, deceive and be a tiny part of this conspiracy.

The "problem" exists only in your mind and the minds of other
crackpots. A member found prone to lying would soon find himself
out in the cold.

> Some of you may be

> twenty year members and still know nothing of the truth intentions of the
> lodge.

I have only been a member of my Lodge for seven years, but I already
know the true intentions of my Lodge: 1) Survival; 2) Passing on the
legacy of Freemasonry; 3) Charitable work. You gotta problem with
that?

>Though there are a few that show that they will do anything just to
> be a part of something bigger to benefit financially. Simply look at your
> own initiation rituals to figure that out.

Like the section that tells a candidate he is mistaken if
he joins Freemasonry out of mercenary motives?

>I believe as well as many others
> that it is what you "yourself" do during these initiations that decides your
> place in the lodge and what secret you will allowed to know.

Only in the sense that a candidate always has a choice to stop
an "initiation" and if he does so, he has no place in the Lodge
and is not instructed further in the commons "secrets" of Freemasonry.
Not exactly the place or secrets you are imagining.

> I truly believe that there are good hearted, god fearing members in
> masonry that have nothing but good intentions, but I also believe that there
> also many members with not so pure intentions and goals.

Human nature being what it is, your statement generally applies
to every group on the face of this planet.

> If you are a
> Christian or a non Christian and are a member of Freemasonry be very aware
> that someone in the upper levels is watching you and praying on your
> weaknesses (i.e your need to belong and financial needs) with hopes of

> encouraging you to need this brother hood)

Sounds spooky! Reminds me of the time our W.M. was 'watching' a
Brother in distress and 'prayed' on him by having the Secretary
write the distressed Brother a check for $150 dollars to buy groceries!

>Freemasons do not worship Jesus
> Christ, I understand that.

Actually, many do worship Jesus Christ.

>They also do not have a specific god that they

> worship.

Freemasonry is non-secular. Freemasons, generally, are not.

--snip--

If you want to witness, fine, but leave Freemasonry out of it.
Any Christian can testify without attacking some scapegoat, and, to
attack Freemasonry with such obvious misconceptions leaves the
witness looking like a moron. It doesn't reflect well on your
testimony.

Rick Reade, Hiram Lodge #13 AF&AM, Albuquerque, N.Mex., USA

> My web site
> Conspiracy Watch
> http://www.conspiracywatch.com
> The Watchman

cactus6 .

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
cactus6 . wrote:

> Freemasonry is non-secular. Freemasons, generally, are not.

That should read: "Freemasonry is secular..." Sorry! RJR.

Jim Bennie

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
In <377A499B...@bellsouth.net>, Russ <russ...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> the Watchman wrote:
> > Masons look out for other masons, masons buy from
> > other masons.

> So? I can buy anything I want from anyone I want.

Funny, Russ, I buy from stores. I don't go around first asking
whether the owners or major shareholders are Masons. I'd never
have time left to purchase anything if I did.

As I was typing this, one of our PMs gave me a call. He's getting a
bursary form for his son. He mentioned that his son has applied several
times to our Grand Lodge fund and has never received a bursary. But I
know non-Masons get scholarships from GL every year. If Masons were
always "looking out for other Masons", that wouldn't be the case,
would it?

More unfounded conspiracy mumbo-jumbo from yet another person
without the courage of their convictions to sign a name.

Jim Bennie
PM Nos. 65 & 44, Vancouver
Grand Steward, GLBC

Jack Hickey

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:09:15 -0500, "the Watchman"
<watc...@conspiracywatch.com> wrote:

>Recently I have started posting in your news groups opinions that I have
>come to from studying an ancient secret society called the Illuminati.

Good day, Watchman.

How does one go about studying an ancient secret society? If it is
truly secret, it can't be studied. Once it is open to study, it's
no longer secret.

>I know for a fact that each and every member benefits in some way by simply being a
>Brother of the lodge.

You got that right. Each and every member benefits .. by being a
Brother. The benefit may not be what you think it is, though.

EMT P 105

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99

>when your new to masonry you are watched and observed
>intently to see what kind of person you are. To see if have what it takes to
>Lie, deceive

And if you are then you are not accepted in the Lodge

>Simply look at your
>own initiation rituals to figure that out.

How do you know?

>Freemasons do not worship Jesus
>Christ, I understand that.

I am a Freemason, and Jesus is my Lord and Savior. This does not come from what
I've learned in the Lodge, but from what I've learned in Church. Get it through
your head thease are two seperate things. One not meant to take the place of
the other.

>Jesus Christ is the one true god

Jesus is the one true son of God. (you didn't even put God in caps)

>My attacks or comments are not against all members of your brotherhood,
>just the greedy ones.

Likewise we could, if we chose, attack you because of your "greedy so called
evangelist". Should I call names?

> wake up before it too late

Before it's too late!!! Maybe you need to practice what it is you preach.

Eddie Parnell MM (and Christian)
Lamar Lodge #287
Lamar, SC