Masons and ultra right politics!

1 view

eric

Oct 26, 2002, 3:47:44 AM10/26/02
During discussions in this forum it has emerged that several people posting
here (purportedy masons), have poltical views, which fall into line with
those of the hard line ultra right.

I was of the understanding that masons apparently were not as an
organisation, affiliated to any poilitcal group. Therefore are forums such
as this, an ideal place to epouse such views?

Eric

Ed King

Oct 26, 2002, 9:08:14 AM10/26/02
In article <apdhb0$4vh$1...@knossos.btinternet.com>, Eric wrote:
> During discussions in this forum it has emerged that several people posting
> here (purportedy masons), have poltical views, which fall into line with
> those of the hard line ultra right.

I'd disagree completely. In fact, no Mason has chosen to rise to the bait
with your trolling.

Why do you feel compelled to make false statements like this?

> I was of the understanding that masons apparently were not as an
> organisation, affiliated to any poilitcal group. Therefore are forums such
> as this, an ideal place to epouse such views?

No, they are not. You see, mature individuals fully understand that there's a
time and a place for everything. We do not stand on the counter at the local
store talking about sex, we do not stand up in Church or Synagogue to talk
about road construction and we do not talk about politics in a venue devoted
to discussions of Freemasonry.

I fully appreciate that you have not been able to grasp this simple concept.
Perhaps, however, as time passes, you will realize the futility of your goal
of disrupting this venue.

Ed King

http://www.masonicinfo.com -- Anti-Masonry: Points of View

Internet newsgroup posting. Copyright 2002. All rights reserved.

ankhor

Oct 26, 2002, 5:58:30 AM10/26/02

"eric" <aegi...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> During discussions in this forum it has emerged that several people
posting
> here (purportedy masons), have poltical views, which fall into line with
> those of the hard line ultra right.

Yep, a thing I found to be to be true too.
While I have found that british masons, I spoke with, were not
that right wing.
But that can just be this newsgroup ofcourse, it doesn`t mean
that this has to reflect on masonry in general.

> I was of the understanding that masons apparently were not as an
> organisation, affiliated to any poilitcal group. Therefore are forums such
> as this, an ideal place to epouse such views?

masonry shouldn`t be about politics, but since politics are part of live
I bet that it has it`s reflection on masonry too.

> Eric

eric

Oct 26, 2002, 11:27:43 AM10/26/02

"Ed King" <edk...@masonicinfo.com> wrote in message

One wonders why as well as supporting ultra right ideology, there have been
numerous wholly false statements made, regarding myself, and this nonsense
has been repeated parrot fashion over very many posts?

Eric>

eric

Oct 26, 2002, 1:38:53 PM10/26/02

> In article <apec9f$r9d$1...@sparta.btinternet.com>, Eric wrote:
> >
> > One wonders why as well as supporting ultra right ideology, there have
been
> > numerous wholly false statements made, regarding myself, and this
nonsense
> > has been repeated parrot fashion over very many posts?
>
> Ah, dear child: AGAIN you seem to miss the issues raised in our messages
> you. Let's go back and take that post to point out what you've failed to
> address, alright?

> You wrote:
>
> <<During discussions in this forum it has emerged that several people
posting
> here (purportedy masons), have poltical views, which fall into line with
those
> of the hard line ultra right.>>
>
> To which I replied:

> <<I'd disagree completely. In fact, no Mason has chosen to rise to the
bait
> with your trolling. Why do you feel compelled to make false statements
like
> this?>>
>
> Now obviously a whine about others' behavior is totally and completely
> non-responsive. Can you tell me: "Why do you feel compelled to make false
> statements like this?" I use the word "compelled" deliberately as you've
made
> similar charges on several other occasions and I can cite them if you'd
like.

> OK? So do you understand the question now?
>
> Do you think we'll have an answer presently?
>
> Ed King

You seem to think I should explain, why I have purportedly been compelled
to make "false statements"...........yet seem to think there is no reason
for you to expand on the reasons, why you and several others, have been
making false statements regarding myself, without the slightest reason for
so doing.

Eric

Ed King

Oct 26, 2002, 1:29:48 PM10/26/02
In article <apec9f$r9d$1...@sparta.btinternet.com>, Eric wrote:

> One wonders why as well as supporting ultra right ideology, there have been
> numerous wholly false statements made, regarding myself, and this nonsense
> has been repeated parrot fashion over very many posts?

Ah, dear child: AGAIN you seem to miss the issues raised in our messages to

You wrote:

<<During discussions in this forum it has emerged that several people posting
here (purportedy masons), have poltical views, which fall into line with those
of the hard line ultra right.>>

To which I replied:

<<I'd disagree completely. In fact, no Mason has chosen to rise to the bait
with your trolling. Why do you feel compelled to make false statements like
this?>>

Now obviously a whine about others' behavior is totally and completely
non-responsive. Can you tell me: "Why do you feel compelled to make false

statements like this?" I use the word "compelled" deliberately as you've made
similar charges on several other occasions and I can cite them if you'd like.

OK? So do you understand the question now?

Do you think we'll have an answer presently?

Ed King

Ed King

Oct 26, 2002, 4:51:27 PM10/26/02
In article <apejvd$c3l$1...@venus.btinternet.com>, Eric wrote:

> You seem to think I should explain, why I have purportedly been compelled
> to make "false statements"...........yet seem to think there is no reason
> for you to expand on the reasons, why you and several others, have been
> making false statements regarding myself, without the slightest reason for
> so doing.

Well I'm SURE you will agree that the sheer coincidence of another person
appearing here to (a) rant about politics in EXACTLY the same vein as
yourself and (b) disparage Freemasonry using issues pertaining to the UK
judiciary (he had unsuccessfully brought a lawsuit and was fantasizing over
the possible reasons for his loss, failing completely to recognize that it
might have been his own feeble case), coupled with the fact that he (under
over twenty different identities) and you appeared within less than a couple
of days and, coincidentally both (a) chose to use the word "numpty", (b)
claimed Stephen Knight's book was accurate, (c) live in the very same area of
the UK, and (d)used the same ISP are just sheer coincidences in the extreme,
don't you think?

I mean, after all: what are the odds, huh?

Oh, and to add to it, that individual had the VERY same political views as
yourself and used the name "Chris" when first posting here while you, when
sending an e-mail to me, used "Chris" as the 'From' line.

I mean, how much more coincidence can one person take, after all?

So, in light of all this, don't you think you can forgive us for 'jumping the
gun' just a bit? I mean, such coincidences are probably even greater than you
impacting in any way whatsoever with your political posturing.

And too, when I've asked if you're the same individual (not identity, but
physical person) who created all of those other messages, you've dodged.

Golly gee: I'd guess that the odds of such a coincidence like this with you
and those other posters being different must be about a billion times higher
than the moon bumping into the earth tonight while dressed in a pink chiffon
tu-tu reciting Latin poetry and chopping wood, don't you think? (Oh, and by
the way: my tu-tu is at the cleaners who've already closed for the day and
I've never learned Latin poetry....)

What ARE the odds.... <BIG SHRUG>

Did we REALLY make that error and can you EVER forgive us for such a horrid
transgression? (And do remember, I was not the first to make the assertion!
Just remember that because, as I've stated before, I NEVER do such things
without solid, factual proof.... <grin>).

eric

Oct 26, 2002, 8:15:58 PM10/26/02

"Ed King" <edk...@masonicinfo.com> wrote in message

Seems this is the same sort of "proof" that the bush gang is using to attack
anyone it doesnt like.

It seems that the proof on which you rely is about as reliable as your view
that the bilderberg group, does not exist, and your assertion that every
book ever written about freemasonry, is either untrue or representative of
conspiracy theorys against you

You might also be able to explain why it has that someone (who may not be a
thousand miles, from those attacking me on here), has apparently been able
to access my private medical records, and has contacted me directly
regarding this?

Eric

Kurt Kurosawa

Oct 26, 2002, 8:29:55 PM10/26/02

"eric" <aegi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> You might also be able to explain why it has that someone (who may not be
> thousand miles, from those attacking me on here), has apparently been able
> to access my private medical records, and has contacted me directly
> regarding this?

So someone posted in jest that you're an escapee and as luck would have it .
. .
Just kidding! Just kidding! Take off that hockey mask!

Torab

Oct 27, 2002, 8:10:05 AM10/27/02
> masonry shouldn`t be about politics, but since politics are part of live
> I bet that it has it`s reflection on masonry too.

For sure. A Mason is human being. He has his whole personal life to
engage his political views. Funny how the ONE "quasi-religious" group
that specifically does NOT take sides on political matters as an
organization comes under so much fire... can't help but wonder if the
Left would heap so much criticism on an Anarchist organization that
towed the same line, or if the Right would rake a Christian militia
groups feet over the coals for taking such a non-committal stance. Or
the local 'Good Sam' club, for that matter...

-T

Ed King

Oct 27, 2002, 11:32:21 AM10/27/02
In article <apgts6$pk0$1...@sparta.btinternet.com>, Godwin wrote:

> If you are genuinely a supporter of human rights in the face of imperialist
> aggression, I wonder why you spend such an inordinate amount of time
> defending freemasons..............

Conversely, if you are such a supporter of human rights in the face of your
imaginary 'imperialist aggression', I wonder why YOU spend such an inordinate
amount of time arguing with Freemasons, particularly those here who've pegged
you as a fraud and troll of the first order.

> Surely your efforts would be better employed elsewhere?

Likewise.

> Notwithstanding the fact that the masons seem quite
> able to defend themselves (albiet in a crude and clumsy fashion).

Well you see, Eric, when one is in the right, good people will come to their
defense. It's odd: no one seems to be speaking up on your behalf. Why is that?

E.Godwin

Oct 27, 2002, 11:53:59 AM10/27/02

> In article <apgts6$pk0$1...@sparta.btinternet.com>, Godwin wrote:
> >
> > If you are genuinely a supporter of human rights in the face of
imperialist
> > aggression, I wonder why you spend such an inordinate amount of time
> > defending freemasons..............
>
> Conversely, if you are such a supporter of human rights in the face of
your
> imaginary 'imperialist aggression', I wonder why YOU spend such an
inordinate
> amount of time arguing with Freemasons, particularly those here who've
pegged
> you as a fraud and troll of the first order.
>
> > Surely your efforts would be better employed elsewhere?
>
> Likewise.
>
> > Notwithstanding the fact that the masons seem quite
> > able to defend themselves (albiet in a crude and clumsy fashion).
>
> Well you see, Eric, when one is in the right, good people will come to
their
> defense. It's odd: no one seems to be speaking up on your behalf. Why is
that?

> Ed King

No one is supporting my view that peace is preferable to war, because its
pretty clear that anyone who does not feel the attacks made against
Afghanistan, were not a clear example of imperialist aggression, is so right
wing, that they may think actions such as this are wholly justified.

You would also do well to remind yourself that my previous post was in
reponse to Torab, and not to yourself..............a person who seems to
pompously assume he speaks for all.

Eric

E.Godwin

Oct 27, 2002, 12:45:38 PM10/27/02

"Ed King" <edk...@masonicinfo.com> wrote in message
> In article <aph5n7$dep$1...@venus.btinternet.com>, E.Godwin wrote:
> >
> > No one is supporting my view that peace is preferable to war, because
its
> > pretty clear that anyone who does not feel the attacks made against
> > Afghanistan, were not a clear example of imperialist aggression, is so
right
> > wing, that they may think actions such as this are wholly justified.
>
> Good rationalization. I, on the other hand, think it's probably because
you
> have no more understanding of world events than my fireplace - and that
fact
> is evident in your posts.
>
> Guess we come at this from different angles, huh? <grin>

> > You would also do well to remind yourself that my previous post was in
> > reponse to Torab, and not to yourself..............
>
> Really? You mean it was a private e-mail? I thought it was a public forum.
> After all, you're here, right? And it seems that I've seen YOU reply to
> messages that weren't written to you....
>
> But that's ok: you're entitled to do things while others aren't, isn't
that
> the way it works.

> > a person who seems to pompously assume he speaks for all.
>
> Or, as I postulated, a good person coming to the aid of other good people.
>
> <shrug> Opinions vary. That's what makes this world great, huh? <smile>
>
> Ed King

How do you know you speak for all other masons?

Some may believe most strongly, as I do, that unwarranted attacks on
defenceless people, are matters of great concern, and would act to prevent
them if they were able to.

Suggesting that you and you alone are the one representative voice of US
freemasonry, is just about as silly as suggesting that all jews are left
handed.

It might be worth noting that the majority of my posts made little mention
of freemasonry, but were more concerned with other issues.

Eric

godwin

Oct 27, 2002, 9:40:06 AM10/27/02

"Torab" <boo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

If you are genuinely a supporter of human rights in the face of imperialist

aggression, I wonder why you spend such an inordinate amount of time

defending freemasons..............Surely your efforts would be better
employed elsewhere? Notwithstanding the fact that the masons seem quite

able to defend themselves (albiet in a crude and clumsy fashion).

Eric

E.Godwin

Oct 27, 2002, 1:53:47 PM10/27/02

"Larry Chavis" <lwch...@aol.com> wrote in message
> >"E.Godwin" wrote

> >It might be worth noting that the majority of my posts made little
mention
> >of freemasonry, but were more concerned with other issues.
> >
> >Eric
>
> Which is, by the way, why most of your posts are inappropriate for a group
> deignated "alt.freemasonry."

I would agree Larry, the only reason I have continued to post is because of
the venom and hate that seems to have resulted from my postings, is
something that I feel cannot be ignored.

Eric

Ed King

Oct 27, 2002, 12:06:08 PM10/27/02
In article <aph5n7$dep$1...@venus.btinternet.com>, E.Godwin wrote:

> No one is supporting my view that peace is preferable to war, because its
> pretty clear that anyone who does not feel the attacks made against
> Afghanistan, were not a clear example of imperialist aggression, is so right
> wing, that they may think actions such as this are wholly justified.

Good rationalization. I, on the other hand, think it's probably because you

have no more understanding of world events than my fireplace - and that fact
is evident in your posts.

Guess we come at this from different angles, huh? <grin>

> You would also do well to remind yourself that my previous post was in

> reponse to Torab, and not to yourself..............

Really? You mean it was a private e-mail? I thought it was a public forum.
After all, you're here, right? And it seems that I've seen YOU reply to
messages that weren't written to you....

But that's ok: you're entitled to do things while others aren't, isn't that
the way it works.

> a person who seems to pompously assume he speaks for all.

Or, as I postulated, a good person coming to the aid of other good people.

<shrug> Opinions vary. That's what makes this world great, huh? <smile>

Ed King

Larry Chavis

Oct 27, 2002, 12:50:17 PM10/27/02
>"E.Godwin" wrote

>It might be worth noting that the majority of my posts made little mention
>of freemasonry, but were more concerned with other issues.
>
>Eric

Which is, by the way, why most of your posts are inappropriate for a group
deignated "alt.freemasonry."

E.Godwin

Oct 28, 2002, 2:04:58 AM10/28/02

"PSW" <yd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <apdhb0$4vh$1...@knossos.btinternet.com>, aegi...@hotmail.com
> says...
> Are they not allowed to have their own individual political
> opinions? Is it a bad thing if they are by and large ultra-right? If in
> your opinion it is, then what would you prefer them to be? Hardline
> ultra-left? I despise the left wing because there is ample reason to, and
> although I don't much care for what some right wingers believe, I would
> rather see a right wing leadership in my country (Canada) than a lefty
> administration any day.

Right wing politics and greed, are behind the current cowardly attacks
related to the so called "war on terror"..............is this something you
agree with 100%?

Eric

PSW

Oct 27, 2002, 10:12:19 PM10/27/02
In article <apdhb0$4vh$1...@knossos.btinternet.com>, aegi...@hotmail.com
says...

Are they not allowed to have their own individual political

Torab

Oct 28, 2002, 3:43:23 AM10/28/02
> If you are genuinely a supporter of human rights in the face of imperialist
> aggression, I wonder why you spend such an inordinate amount of time
> defending freemasons..............

This is a good question. And here is part of a post I made to the
"trolls and cyber loonies" thread that will help clarify:

<snip>
In the subsequent p*ssing contest that has
taken place with Eric, who is desperately seeking to bring the world
to Justice, but sadly has no idea how to go about this, I have been
drawn into admitting that I am a) in accord with his far left views,
and b) shown myself to be of middle eastern descent. Now I ask - has
ONE allegedly "far right Freemason" jumped down my throat for this?
Have I for one second felt that I should be reluctant to reveal such
'damning' traits as these before them? Far from this, many have
indicated their embrace of my character... and I must say that I
reciprocate the getsure.

Is this merely a case of the old Iranian "the Enemy of my Enemy is my
Friend"? Hardly - most of my friends are like Eric. Eric, you MUST
understand that the Masonic gag order on 'politics' is such a
neccesary and beautiful thing, and that it works TOWARD peace rather
than against it. Imagine: men of diverse ideologies sitting together
in the same room, referring to each other as Brother, observing the
basic principles that experience has shown them DO in fact enable them
to contemplate the Mysteries of Man, God and the Universe as
brothers...

I'm not neccisarily saying that Freemasonry is "the answer", but it's
at the very least productive, constructive and above all benevolent
all the way down to the most basic level. You attacking them and then
saying "See? I got you, dirty Mason" when they defend their Doctrine
against your irrational attacks is worse than counterproductive for
your cause, and a waste of time for everyone else.

Yes, fine - as far as the Lodge goes, the ethnic/ideological make up
of whatever town, city or country you happen to be in will tilt the
roster this way and that way. But I, a leftist of middle eastern
descent, feel not even one trace of hostility coming towards me from
these Masonic Brethren over such pittances. This is a NOTICABLE
improvement over the rest of the population, wouldn't you agree?.

How strange that the only place I've ever had my ass kicked for being
an "Arab" was in South Wales...

<inner dialogue>
I certainly understand the premise of Eric's ranting aggression.
But the fact is that I'm afraid he would prefer to see me get my ass
kicked again by those yobbo thugs than to have peaceful
communiucations with me.

How does that make you feel, Eric? That a poor musician feels safer
among the "dirty bigoted Freemasons" than he does around you, our
loyal "arab" apologist?
Please desist. I thank you for having the insight to look past the
major media, and I and the world's oppressed brothers and sisters
truly appreciate that there are people of conscience who take up the
torch of Justice from within the "Belly of the Beast", so to speak.

But if you cannot learn to recognise the "good" in the rare cases
where it does exist (which will always be nurtured in decidedly
apolitical zones), then I would advise you to beware of the very REAL
possibility of working against it.

<snip>
Nothing is perfect, Eric. Get it?
Ouch, welcome to the world. One CAN be against imperial aggression AND
for peace at the same time. Hard to imagine, I know...

> Surely your efforts would be better
> employed elsewhere? Notwithstanding the fact that the masons seem quite
> able to defend themselves (albiet in a crude and clumsy fashion).
>
> Eric

Actually I see a great many good things in Freemasonry exactly the way
it is. And since I don't see very many other organized venues for
cultivating the good in mankind around, especially in America...
I SUPPORT IT AND WILL DEFEND IT AGAINST ATTACK.

I know that makes you want to spit bile in my face.
All I can say is - "examine your reaction". Closely.

-T

Gene Zippy

Oct 28, 2002, 9:46:12 AM10/28/02
On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:32:21 GMT, Ed King <edk...@masonicinfo.com>
wrote:

>Well you see, Eric, when one is in the right, good people will come to their
>defense. It's odd: no one seems to be speaking up on your behalf. Why is that?

Ed,
I would suggest that everyone who thinks that politics should be
discussed in inappropriate venues HAS spoken on his behalf.

--
|O| Be well. Travel with a light heart.

Brother Gene .*.
H.M.S.H.
Q.P.H.D.

http://www.blackmountainlodge.net
http://www.freemason.org
http://www.mastermason.com/BrotherGene
http://www.mastermason.com/BrotherGene/frequently_asked_questions.htm
MBBFMN #387
************************************
"Are you guys ready? Let's Roll!!"
Todd Beamer, Flight 93
************************************

Remember: Your Masonry may be different from someone else's.

Internet newsgroup posting. Copyright 2002. All rights reserved.

Any Mason may use the contents for any valid Masonic purpose, permission may be granted to others upon request.

Objects in this post are funnier than they appear
Be seeing you

Roy Jose Lorr

Oct 28, 2002, 10:26:17 PM10/28/02

eric wrote:

Do I detect a bit of pique in the style of the ultra hard core communazi left?

Eric

Oct 29, 2002, 2:38:49 AM10/29/02

"Roy Jose Lorr" <moses...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

I despise the left wing almost as much as the right.

Eric

Roy Jose Lorr

Oct 29, 2002, 5:11:10 PM10/29/02

Eric wrote:

Why the "almost" qualifier? Does this mean if you [had] to choose between
them you'd pick the left wing?

Eric

Oct 30, 2002, 9:50:48 AM10/30/02

"Roy Jose Lorr" <moses...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message