Sunday editorial: Shame on John Kerry!

Leroy N. Soetoro

Mar 14, 2022, 4:16:55 PM3/14/22
https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/03/13/sunday-editorial-shame-on-john-
kerry/

This past week the Herald petitioned to gain access into a clerk
magistrate’s hearing in Woburn District Court where evidence was presented
about threats made to staffers at the MassGOP office.

The court allowed us in because the clerk agreed the public has a right to
know! (Exclamation point ours.) He found enough evidence to seek a
disorderly conduct charge against retired lawyer Hugh Samson in that case.
You only read it here in the Herald because we appealed for access — once
again, we believe the public has a right to know.

The clerk magistrate in Dedham District Court also opened up a similar
hearing last summer where a retired state police detective captain and his
wife now face charges in the death of a teen who drowned in the couple’s
swimming pool during a high school graduation party.

That clerk also agreed the public has a right to know.

That’s how it should be in our democracy. Sometimes the facts aren’t
pretty. Some public records shouldn’t be shared at cocktail parties. But
denying access to public hearings and public records smacks of government
censorship. We’ll fight it at every turn.

That’s exactly what we are now doing now to U.S. Special Presidential
Envoy for Climate John Kerry. But, the former Massachusetts senator,
Democratic presidential nominee in 2004 and secretary of state doesn’t
agree on what is and isn’t open to the public.

As we continue to report, John Kerry’s Freedom of Information Act office
has told us details about his climate staff will not be made available for
public consumption until Oct. 1, 2024. That’s not a typo.

Basically, the Biden administration will probably be packing up the moving
boxes as someone else prepares to take over the Oval Office. By then any
questionable hires or some other oddity that may be spotted in John
Kerry’s climate workforce will be moot.

This lack of transparency, even for someone as aloof as John Kerry, goes
against all that makes this country stand apart from all others. Or is
this something we need to expect coming from the Democratic elites? Is
John Kerry just the tip of a government bureaucracy that’s too big to
question?

As this editorial was being written, John Kerry’s FOIA office responded to
a Herald appeal writing they “truly apologize” for any delay. Being polite
about withholding public records just adds insult to the original sin.

This all smacks of big government not giving a rat’s you know what about
the taxpayers. John Kerry does not want you to know how he runs his public
office. Period.

He’s hoping you don’t care and you give up asking for the records. Well,
he’s come to the wrong place. Herald readers want to know who John Kerry
has working for him, what they are paid, and what their duties are as the
nation underwrites his climate bankbook.

This editorial will be sent along with all the other stories and columns
we’ve written about John Kerry’s blatant disregard for public records to
the climate office, the Secretary of State’s office and President Biden’s
office.

The ombudsman for the Secretary of State has also yet to respond, so we’ll
skip them. The Herald is continually reminded that the pandemic has forced
many government employees to work from home. That, they add, is causing a
delay.

Yet, as multiple reports state, working from home has actually increased
productivity.

Except, John Kerry’s FOIA office is implying, for his workers who see
remote work as an easy excuse to hide the facts from taxpayers. Shame on
John Kerry! (Exclamation point ours.)

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.