Democrat congressman melts down, claims DOJ, FBI, IRS 'keep democracy in check' during Hunter Biden hearing

Leroy N. Soetoro

Jul 21, 2023, 4:36:58 PM7/21/23
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrat-congressman-melts-down-claims-
doj-fbi-irs-keep-democracy-check-hunter-biden-hearing

A Democratic member of the House Oversight Committee lost it during a
heated Wednesday hearing in which two IRS whistleblowers testified the
Justice Department politically interfered with an investigation into
President Biden’s youngest son, Hunter Biden.

Rep. Kweisi Mfume, D-Md., spent the time he was allotted to question the
whistleblowers instead railing against the committee's focus on Hunter
Biden, claiming the FBI, DOJ and IRS "keep this democracy in check," and
ripping up his prepared remarks in a show of frustration.

"Now, here's what galls me. I don't like these attacks on the Department
of Justice, the FBI, the IRS, as if they are somehow anti-U.S. agencies.
Those agencies keep this democracy in check… They provide the checks, and
they provide the balances," Mfume said, referencing Republican members of
the committee criticizing the agencies over the alleged interference into
the Hunter Biden investigation.

WATCH: WHITE HOUSE DISMISSES DISMAL BIDEN APPROVAL RATINGS, CLAIMS THEY
‘DON’T TELL THE WHOLE STORY'

"We are doing this all over again for the Hunter Biden show to someone who
has pleaded guilty and has taken responsibility for not filing taxes for
two years. This is ludicrous. Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent
life down here. None," he later added, appearing angry as he shredded the
papers in front of him.

Before the outburst, Mfume attempted to redirect attention from the
committee's probe into Hunter Biden to the pending legal hurdles facing
former President Donald Trump.

"I want to congratulate my colleagues from across the aisle for gathering
us here today, almost distracting us from the biggest investigation that
is going on right now in our country and in our nation's history involving
the former president and the front-runner for the Republican nomination,
who is currently facing a 37-count indictment," he said.

Mfume noted the potential for Trump to face further indictments in other
investigations and attempted to downplay Hunter Biden's legal woes by
arguing the latter had "already pleaded guilty to not filing his taxes,
having a gun charge, and now I hear also paying for prostitution."

He accused Trump of seeking "special treatment" in his classified
documents case, and called for the committee to hold a hearing on the
former president's "history of tax evasion."

"Let's, let's be real when we talk about this. It's not just Hunter Biden.
But as long as we're saying Hunter Biden, we forget everything else,"
Mfume said. "And again, Hunter Biden did step forward and said, ‘I did not
file taxes in two years. And yes, this gun charge I will take
responsibility for.’"

The IRS whistleblowers claim there was a pattern of "slow-walking
investigative steps" into Hunter Biden, which included instructions not to
speak with him at his residence, tipping the president’s son and staff off
about the ongoing efforts and delaying enforcement actions in the months
before the 2020 presidential election.

The two former agents were assigned to the federal investigation into
Hunter Biden’s tax and gun charges. Biden ultimately pleaded guilty to the
misdemeanor tax offenses as part of an agreement with federal prosecutors
in a lenient deal that prompted criticism from Republican lawmakers. The
hearing comes as House Republicans continue to investigate the president
and his family after the DOJ failed to find evidence of criminal conduct.

--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.