free server wanted

John Adey

Jul 12, 2021, 5:50:31 PM7/12/21

hi all, i am looking for a free newsserver, i use aioe & eternal september, i
was wondeing if there are anymore.

any help appreciated

--
If at first you don't succeed think sod it.

%

Jul 12, 2021, 6:14:04 PM7/12/21
On 2021-07-12 2:50 p.m., John Adey wrote:

> hi all, i am looking for a free newsserver, i use aioe & eternal september, i
> was wondeing if there are anymore.
>
> any help appreciated

there's lots online

Paul

Jul 12, 2021, 6:51:47 PM7/12/21
John Adey wrote:
> hi all, i am looking for a free newsserver, i use aioe & eternal september, i
> was wondeing if there are anymore.
>
> any help appreciated

It's a hard life now, for free server operators.

They're facing the Hipcrime bomber.

Neodome was incinerated.
netfront.net went read-only after one Hipcrime attack.

And anyone starting a server today, better be ready for
Hipcrime, before advertising for new customers to test their server.

This is what sporging a free server looks like.
Now, multiply by 7000 postings, for your "average" attack.
It makes an awful mess.

<sample posting>

http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3Cs26jgu%241lil%241%40adenine.netfront.net%3E

If there are free servers out there, I hope they're ready
for posts of that kind.

The netfront.net staff didn't screw around, they shut down
immediately when the abuse was reported.

Neodome operator thought he could deal with it,
but the neodome server isn't responding right now,
so I would guess it's toast.

That's the thanks you get for running a free server.

Just be happy you have AIOE and E-S.

Paul

hipster

Jul 13, 2021, 9:50:02 PM7/13/21
In article <scih1t$1kbu$1...@gioia.aioe.org>
V xabj jub lbh ner. Lbh tnir lbhefrys njnl.

Everyone can thank Rudy Canoza for the loss of netfront and
neodome.

Sn!pe

Jul 14, 2021, 6:37:40 AM7/14/21
hipster <inv...@dont-email.me> wrote:

[...]

> Everyone can thank Rudy Canoza for the loss of netfront and
> neodome.

Who is Rudy Canoza?

--
^Ď^ <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

%

Jul 14, 2021, 9:39:26 AM7/14/21
On 2021-07-14 3:37 a.m., Sn!pe wrote:
> hipster <inv...@dont-email.me> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Everyone can thank Rudy Canoza for the loss of netfront and
>> neodome.
>
> Who is Rudy Canoza?

skeeter

Jackson Sprat

Jul 14, 2021, 11:08:32 AM7/14/21
On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 11:37:38 +0100, snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
wrote:

>hipster <inv...@dont-email.me> wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>> Everyone can thank Rudy Canoza for the loss of netfront and
>> neodome.
>
>Who is Rudy Canoza?

Rudy is a sock of a prolific puppet master.

The first four letters are the end of the long aioe coded IP
string.

xzhg vietvet,
xzhg Jack Splat
xzhg Carlo Rambaldi
xzhg Fred Oinka
xzhg Elka Bong
xzhg Rudy Canoza
xzhg Doc Martin
xzhg Daffy Trump
xzhg % <snaggl...@comcast.ca>

And, there are lots more of the same...

Ray Banana

Jul 14, 2021, 11:50:03 AM7/14/21
On 10179 September 1993, snip...@gmail.com wrote:

> hipster <inv...@dont-email.me> wrote:
> [...]
>> Everyone can thank Rudy Canoza for the loss of netfront and
>> neodome.
> Who is Rudy Canoza?

I vaguely remember him. He's kind of a latino Seamus.

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.
http://www.eternal-september.org

Sn!pe

Jul 14, 2021, 12:39:18 PM7/14/21
Ray Banana <ray...@raybanana.net> wrote:

> On 10179 September 1993, snip...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > hipster <inv...@dont-email.me> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Everyone can thank Rudy Canoza for the loss of
> >> netfront and neodome.
> >
> > Who is Rudy Canoza?
>
> I vaguely remember him. He's kind of a latino Seamus.

How nice, just what Usenet needs...

--
^Ï^ <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

Nadegda

Jul 14, 2021, 5:52:44 PM7/14/21
On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 11:08:28 -0400, AUK's February Kook of the Month,
Jackson Sprat, destroyed another of my irony meters:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 11:37:38 +0100, snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
> wrote:
>
>>hipster <inv...@dont-email.me> wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>> Everyone can thank Rudy Canoza for the loss of netfront and
>>> neodome.
>>
>>Who is Rudy Canoza?
>
> Rudy is a sock of a prolific puppet master.

Pop! Fzzzzzzz...

Damn, there goes another irony meter.

> kook Neal Warren
> kook Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
> kook Sir Homer Hall, Esq.
> kook g8dgc
> kook Colonel Edmond Burke
> kook Jackson Spratt
>
> And, there are lots more of the same...

FTFY.

--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Checkmate admits that, for all intents and purposes, he carries a teddy
bear in public: <d6cnes.k...@news.alt.net>

%

Jul 14, 2021, 6:24:02 PM7/14/21
On 2021-07-14 2:52 p.m., Nadegda wrote:
> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 11:08:28 -0400, AUK's February Kook of the Month,
> Jackson Sprat, destroyed another of my irony meters:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 11:37:38 +0100, snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
>> wrote:
>>
>>> hipster <inv...@dont-email.me> wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Who is Rudy Canoza?
>>
>> Rudy is a sock of a prolific puppet master.
>
> Pop! Fzzzzzzz...
>
> Damn, there goes another irony meter.
>
>> kook Neal Warren
>> kook Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
>> kook Sir Homer Hall, Esq.
>> kook g8dgc
>> kook Colonel Edmond Burke
>> kook Jackson Spratt
>>
>> And, there are lots more of the same...
>
> FTFY.

hi

Jackson Sprat

Jul 14, 2021, 8:42:54 PM7/14/21
On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 21:52:42 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda
<nad31...@gmail.invalid> wrote:

>Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
>On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 11:08:28 -0400, AUK's February Kook of the Month,
>Jackson Sprat, destroyed another of my irony meters:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 11:37:38 +0100, snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
>> wrote:
>>
>>>hipster <inv...@dont-email.me> wrote:
>>>
>>>[...]
>>>
>>>Who is Rudy Canoza?
>>
>> Rudy is a sock of a prolific puppet master.
>
>Pop! Fzzzzzzz...
>
>Damn, there goes another irony meter.
>
>> kook Neal Warren
>> kook Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
>> kook Sir Homer Hall, Esq.
>> kook g8dgc
>> kook Colonel Edmond Burke
>> kook Jackson Spratt
>>
>> And, there are lots more of the same...
>
>FTFY.

PEF!

%

Jul 14, 2021, 9:07:15 PM7/14/21
never listen to what spat says

%

Jul 14, 2021, 9:08:19 PM7/14/21
On 2021-07-14 5:46 p.m., Tr!pe wrote:
> Seamused! Oh, the shame...
>
> --
> Paulie wanna cracker! Awrk!

someone needs a digital meter

Mr Robot

Jul 16, 2021, 2:26:58 AM7/16/21
And, you are a faggot.

%

Jul 16, 2021, 1:19:55 PM7/16/21
why am i the only one that gets an e-mail address beside their name

jagan

Jul 20, 2021, 1:05:04 AM7/20/21
In article <m28s28k...@raybanana.net>
Ray Banana <ray...@raybanana.net> wrote:

> On 10179 September 1993, snip...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > hipster <inv...@dont-email.me> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Everyone can thank Rudy Canoza for the loss of netfront and
> >> neodome.
> > Who is Rudy Canoza?
>
> I vaguely remember him. He's kind of a latino Seamus.

He's a lying sack of shit is what he is.

hipster

Jul 24, 2021, 6:45:02 AM7/24/21
In article <ilqk53...@mid.individual.net>
"s|b" <m...@privacy.invalid> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 03:43:52 +0200 (CEST), hipster wrote:
>
> How very oldschool of you.

And it only took you a week of googling to figure it out.

clap clap clap.