Re: do not shrug a sunlight

Abduljalil Ul Ramman

Jan 15, 2008, 3:21:54 PM1/15/08
long ages, millions of millions of ages, in wrestling and
conflicting with this almighty merciless vengeance; and then when you
have so done, when so many ages have actually been spent by you in this
manner, you will know that all is but a point to what remains. So that
your punishment will indeed be infinite. Oh, who can express what the
state of a soul in such circumstances is! All that we can possibly say
about it, gives but a very feeble, faint representation of it; it is
inexpressible and inconceivable: For "who knows the power of God's
anger?" How dreadful is the state of those that are daily and hourly in
the danger of this great wrath and infinite misery! But this is the
dismal case of every soul in this congregation that has not been born
again, however moral and strict, sober and religious, they may otherwise
be. Oh that you would consider it, whether you be young or old! There is
reason to think, that there are many in this congregation now hearing
this discourse, that will actually be the subjects of this very misery
to all eternity. We know not who they are, or in what seats they sit, or
what thoughts they now have. It may be they are now at ease, and hear
all these things without much disturbance, and are now flattering
themselves that they are not the persons, promising themselves that they
shall escape. If we knew that there was one person, and but one, in the
whole congregation, that was to be the subject of this misery, what an
awful thing would it be to think of! If we knew who it was, what an
awful sight would it be to see such a person! How might all the rest of
the congregation lift up a lamentable and bitter cry over him! But,
alas! instead of one, how many is it likely will remember this discourse
in hell? And it wou