TN: Casting my Lot with Loires, Beaujolais, CA rose.

dalewilli...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2021, 10:34:41 AM8/13/21
With leftovers, the 1995 Ch. Castelot (St. Emilion). This was a recent gift from someone who was grateful I pointed out how much his Truchots were selling for. Warm plummy fruit, resolved tannins, a hint of cigarbox, not a lot of length or complexity, but nice. B/B-

On a hot Wednesday I headed to a park concert, , bearing smoked duck breast /green bean salad, prosciutto rolls (Fig/parmesan or pear/Stilton), burrata caprese.

2009 Domaine des Billards Saint-Amour Reserve Caveau
Big and rich for Beaujolais, but with good structure, both acidic and tannic. Red plums, cherries, pepper, smoke.. B+

2006 Pepiere Briords Muscadet
Briney, citrus, there are some light oxidative notes, good length. I enjoy this but will drink up rest soon. B

2020 Arnot Roberts Rose
Light, refreshing, not a ton of interest but cold. :) B-

Thursday just me with some bluefish dijoniase, noodles cooked in galbijim broth, carrots, mushrooms. Wine is the 2007 Huet Le Mont Vouvray Sec. Much more advanced than recent 07 Clos des Bourg, but expect it has to do more with cork than wine- cork was soft and crumbly. Apples, apple cider, wax, still good length. B-/C+
.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.