TN: Wrong CHassagne, slightly off Chablis, right Rose.

dalewilli...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2022, 4:20:48 PMAug 16
Friday I picked up a couple of lobsters, thought a good time for white Burgundy. Unfortunately, when I opened the 2006 Bruno Colin Maltroie Chassagne-Monrachet 1er, it was the rouge (hey, dark glass bottle). Oops. I moved on to Chablis, but tried later Ripe juicy cherries, a little forest floor, not a lot of definition was pleasant easy drinking PN. B

Luckily there was a bottle of 2020 Picq Chablis cold in fridge. At least lucky for food match. I’ve liked this a lot in past, but this bottle seems a bit dull and plodding. Citrus fruit in background, good acids, but just not giving. Bad BD calendar day, TCA just under my threshold, what? B-

Saturday went to baconfest, still working on notes.

Sunday grilled sardines, Hmart chicken, king trumpet mushrooms, assorted banchan ‘
2021 Bastide Blanche Bandol Rose
Need to get more. Raspberries, strawberries, and honeydew accents with flowers and citrus., Balanced, fun, B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Dan the Man

Aug 17, 2022, 12:40:32 PMAug 17
On Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 4:20:48 PM UTC-4, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Friday I picked up a couple of lobsters, thought a good time for white Burgundy. Unfortunately, when I opened the 2006 Bruno Colin Maltroie Chassagne-Monrachet 1er, it was the rouge (hey, dark glass bottle). Oops. I moved on to Chablis, but tried later Ripe juicy cherries, a little forest floor, not a lot of definition was pleasant easy drinking PN. B
>
> Luckily there was a bottle of 2020 Picq Chablis cold in fridge. At least lucky for food match. I’ve liked this a lot in past, but this bottle seems a bit dull and plodding. Citrus fruit in background, good acids, but just not giving. Bad BD calendar day, TCA just under my threshold, what? B-
>
> Saturday went to baconfest, still working on notes.

Everything's better with bacon!

> Sunday grilled sardines, Hmart chicken, king trumpet mushrooms, assorted banchan ‘
> 2021 Bastide Blanche Bandol Rose
> Need to get more. Raspberries, strawberries, and honeydew accents with flowers and citrus., Balanced, fun, B+
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Dan-O (can't wait for those notes, sir!)