test?

Sheila Page

Dec 11, 2023, 11:54:29 AM12/11/23
No messages received since 27 Nov?

Mark Lipton

Dec 11, 2023, 4:55:41 PM12/11/23
On 12/11/23 11:54 AM, Sheila Page wrote:
> No messages received since 27 Nov?
Until yours, Sheila :)

Mark Lipton

dalewilli...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2023, 10:54:44 AM12/13/23
I've done I think 3 posts since then, but overwhelming spambots have filled if reading via Google.

Mark Lipton

Dec 13, 2023, 11:14:33 AM12/13/23
That's downright weird, Dale. I don't use GG, but rather
Eternal-September. Their server has no post from you between Nov 16 and
your response to Dan today. Since you post through GG, I wonder if your
posts got caught by spam-filters put into place in response to the flood
of spam posts via GG.

Mark Lipton

Sheila Page

Dec 13, 2023, 11:38:16 AM12/13/23
I don't use GG, either, and have had nothing (a couple of spam came
through).

Graham

Dec 13, 2023, 1:34:26 PM12/13/23
I gave up on Eternal September and use Blocknews. All of Dales posts
have appeared but, unfortunately, so have floods of spam.
Graham

Dan the Man

Dec 14, 2023, 12:33:23 PM12/14/23
I've been using GG and have "reported" the spam at every opportunity.
We can only hope they get a grip on the problem, somehow.

Dan-O

dalewilli...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2023, 1:51:24 PM12/14/23
Interesting. So you can see my replies, but not actual posts? So I can say snide things about you in notes with impunity? :)

The spam is too bad. It's funny that the wave began about same times as GG introduced a captcha clockbox to block robots.

Graham

Dec 14, 2023, 6:15:21 PM12/14/23
This appeared in another group from a reliable person:

"Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new
Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new
content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of
historical data will still be supported as it is done today."

Graham

Graham

Dec 14, 2023, 6:17:23 PM12/14/23

Mark Lipton

Dec 15, 2023, 2:34:23 PM12/15/23
On 12/14/23 1:51 PM, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:

> Interesting. So you can see my replies, but not actual posts? So I can say snide things about you in notes with impunity? :)

Well, you can say snide things about me anywhere with impunity, Dale :)

> The spam is too bad. It's funny that the wave began about same times as GG introduced a captcha clockbox to block robots.

As Graham points out, now that Google has announced its intention to
exit Usenet altogether (frankly, the writing's been on the wall for
years now) that might be motivation for spammers... or it could have
nothing to do with it :)

Mark Lipton

Dan_the_Man

Dec 17, 2023, 6:54:28 PM12/17/23
This is my own "Test" post using Mozilla Thunderbird/Eternal-September

Dan-O

Mark Lipton

Dec 18, 2023, 11:52:02 AM12/18/23
Coming through loud and clear, Dan.

Mark Lipton

Sheila Page

Dec 19, 2023, 5:01:56 AM12/19/23
I also use Thunderbird: it seems to work.

Graham

Dec 19, 2023, 9:52:01 AM12/19/23
I use Thunderbird and Blocknews. The latter cost me about $10 for years
and years of use. I subscribed after Eternal September kept "breaking down".
Graham
Planning on opening Blue Mountain wines from BC over xmas.