Gouges NstG TN

Graham

Nov 11, 2022, 3:38:39 PM11/11/22
I opened a 2008 Henri Gouges Nuit St Georges "Les Chaignots" to go with
a simple roast chicken steamed steamed potatoes and broccoli.
His wines are usually "big" needing quite a number years before
drinking. However, this one surprised me. It was very light and delicate
with faint cherry aromas and none of the beefy overtones that I usually
experience with his wines. In fact I thought it was more Cotes de Beaune
than C de Nuits.
I have another bottle that I'll open in the next couple of months.

dalewilli...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2022, 4:27:44 PM11/11/22
I think the son took over circa 2007? and have heard more approachable.
But positive things from folks I trust.
Thanks for notes, look forward to your revisit\