TN: Baden PN, aged Bandol rose, Margaux AC, Muscadet

dalewilli...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2022, 10:25:04 AM8/9/22
Missed one from park last week
2019 Enderle and Moll Liaison Pinot Noir
Crunchy red fruits(cranberry, raspberry), pine needles, bright acids. Not going to mistake this for Burgundy, but a fun different take on PN. B/B+

Friday Flannery strip steak, potatoes, salad,with the 2000 Ch.d’Issan. Margauxberries, a touch of cocoa, plush texture, mostly resolved tannins. Pleasant and ready to go, not the most complex Margaux but nice. B/B+

Saturday oysters, scallops with corn and tomatoes, burrata caprese, salad
2016 Pepiere Briords Muscadet
Maybe a little riper than typical, with some yellow pit fruits along the more common citrus/saline/seashell Briords flavors. Still tangy acids, and a long minerally finish. B+

Sunday grilled sardines, teriyaki chicken, Asian eggplant with peanut sauce, rice, arugula
Not many roses I would expect to age, but the 2012 Tempier Bandol Rose is really quite fun (I didn’t age it, but thought a fun buy). Strawberries, fennel seed, orange zest, but really about the zesty mineral finish. Good length and complexity. Makes me want to buy some new release and age! B+/A+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.