TN: Fevre, ESJ, Ecard, Gosset, Gadais, Thivin

dalewilli...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2023, 1:29:19 PM8/28/23

I forgot one wine from park concert
2020 Gadais Peninsula Muscadet
Citrus, floral, moderate acids, not sure I’d peg as Muscadet blind. B-

Friday grilled marinated Korean chicken with cold soba and tomato, grilled peppers, and Swiss chard.
2021 Thivin Reverdon Brouilly
I’ve been a big 2021 Bojo fan, but this one didn’t really do it for me. A little burnt tire on nose, cranberry and green herbs. B-/C+

Saturday we went up for dinner at friends in Briarcliff, oysters followed by delicious fall off bone lamb shanks in a laksa sauce, and bok choy/Shanghai tips.

NV Gosset Grande Rose
I remain a fan. Crunchy red fruits, baking bread, good finish. B+/A-

2014 Fevre Montmains Chablis 1er
Lemon, green apple, some citrus blossom, wet rocks. This has that 2014 verve, but it is a little shorter than optimal, other than that classic. B+/B

2005 Edmund St John Wylie -Fenaughty Syrah
Mark thought this had a medicinal finish, I got herby, but not medicinal. Black raspberry, black pepper, some oregano, leather. Resolved tannin, good finish. B+

Sunday oysters, grilled arctic char, artichoke/truffle cuscinetti, caprese, corn avocado salad

NV Gosset Grande Reserve (375 ml)
I found this a little flat and short, but I often find half bottles of Champagne a bit lacking. I’ve liked more in 750.

2002 Ecard “Narbantons” Sauvigny-les Beaune 1er
Man this is in a good place. Resolved tannin, bright but not harsh acids, lacy texture, red currants and pomegranate, smoke. Really nice. A-

My last notes for a bit, having gallbladder out tomorrow.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Sheila Page

Aug 29, 2023, 5:28:26 AM8/29/23
I hope the operation goes well; Savigny-les-Baune a good place to end.

Dan the Man

Aug 29, 2023, 8:15:12 AM8/29/23
On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 1:29:19 PM UTC-4, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> I forgot one wine from park concert
> 2020 Gadais Peninsula Muscadet
> Citrus, floral, moderate acids, not sure I’d peg as Muscadet blind. B-
>
> Friday grilled marinated Korean chicken with cold soba and tomato, grilled peppers, and Swiss chard.
> 2021 Thivin Reverdon Brouilly
> I’ve been a big 2021 Bojo fan, but this one didn’t really do it for me. A little burnt tire on nose, cranberry and green herbs. B-/C+
>
> Saturday we went up for dinner at friends in Briarcliff, oysters followed by delicious fall off bone lamb shanks in a laksa sauce, and bok choy/Shanghai tips.
>
> NV Gosset Grande Rose
> I remain a fan. Crunchy red fruits, baking bread, good finish. B+/A-
>
> 2014 Fevre Montmains Chablis 1er
> Lemon, green apple, some citrus blossom, wet rocks. This has that 2014 verve, but it is a little shorter than optimal, other than that classic. B+/B
>
> 2005 Edmund St John Wylie -Fenaughty Syrah
> Mark thought this had a medicinal finish, I got herby, but not medicinal. Black raspberry, black pepper, some oregano, leather. Resolved tannin, good finish. B+
>
> Sunday oysters, grilled arctic char, artichoke/truffle cuscinetti, caprese, corn avocado salad
>
> NV Gosset Grande Reserve (375 ml)
> I found this a little flat and short, but I often find half bottles of Champagne a bit lacking. I’ve liked more in 750.
>
> 2002 Ecard “Narbantons” Sauvigny-les Beaune 1er
> Man this is in a good place. Resolved tannin, bright but not harsh acids, lacy texture, red currants and pomegranate, smoke. Really nice. A-
>
> My last notes for a bit, having gallbladder out tomorrow.

Best of luck, DaleW. My brother had that done years ago; hopefully, they can do the operation with only a small incision.

> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Dan-O

Mark Lipton

Aug 29, 2023, 4:26:02 PM8/29/23
On 8/28/23 1:29 PM, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:

> Friday grilled marinated Korean chicken with cold soba and tomato, grilled peppers, and Swiss chard.
> 2021 Thivin Reverdon Brouilly
> I’ve been a big 2021 Bojo fan, but this one didn’t really do it for me. A little burnt tire on nose, cranberry and green herbs. B-/C+

Sorry to hear this. I've got a bottle or two of this in the cellar.
Will report back on my experiences (I hope it was a bottle issue)

> 2005 Edmund St John Wylie -Fenaughty Syrah
> Mark thought this had a medicinal finish, I got herby, but not medicinal. Black raspberry, black pepper, some oregano, leather. Resolved tannin, good finish. B+

Good to hear. I finished my last bottle last year IIRC.

> 2002 Ecard “Narbantons” Sauvigny-les Beaune 1er
> Man this is in a good place. Resolved tannin, bright but not harsh acids, lacy texture, red currants and pomegranate, smoke. Really nice. A-

Oh, I have fond memories of this wine. Probably been a decade since our
last bottle. Glad you hang onto yours long enough for this result.

Best of luck with the surgery, Dale!
Mark Lipton

dalewilli...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2023, 2:26:24 PM9/5/23
On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 5:28:26 AM UTC-4, Sheila Page wrote:
> I hope the operation goes well; Savigny-les-Baune a good place to end.

Thanks all, everything went well