port

RichD

Jul 10, 2021, 7:49:17 PM7/10/21

Any porters here?

I've had port wine on a few occasions, never enjoyed it.
They always struck me as syrupy and sweet. Fruit was
buried. Could be the fortification - I prefer light body wines.
Maybe they were simply crummy?

I'll give it one more try. Anyone want to recommend a
port for someone who never found one he liked?

--
Rich

Dan the Man

Jul 11, 2021, 9:05:31 PM7/11/21
If you're a bit adventurous, you might try tawny port. I happen to like Dow's 10-year-old Tawny Porto.
Taylor Fladgate ports are quite popular with some past posters on here.

Dan-O (just throwing it out there)

Sheila Page

Jul 12, 2021, 10:31:21 AM7/12/21
Have you tried Madeira? Also fortified, but rarely syrupy, and it can
be dry ( try a Sercial), medium, or sweet.

Sheila