Story:Marie Learns A Painful High Heel Torture Lesson,part #1

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

Glas wrote:

>GMSpider wrote ...
>|In article <19980106051...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
>littl...@aol.com
>|(LITTLEPJoo) writes:
>|
>|>Michael wrote:
>|
>|>Dammit. I want to know more about everyone. I've tried
>|>with Joe. No
>|>success
>|>there. That's cool though. I'm nosey too, but,
>|>would not overstep either.
>|>wanna know !!!!!!!
>|>
>|>Michael
>|
>|Same here
>|>Michael. I'm always wondering what everyone looks like, cars they
>|drive, etc.
>|>I KNOW what everyone likes to eat. Same as me, that's why I'm here.
>|

>|Really
>|>like my new friends,
>|PJ
>|

>|Me too, PJ.. I drive a Buick. :) Pack a pistol, too so, don't try
>|to surprise Granny. :)
>|
>|Grandma
>|

>Ford Tempo here, one of the ugliest cars I've ever owned, but hey, it is
>very low maintanence. Don't carry any weapons tho, other than my big mouth
>: ) I let my husband do all my dirty work. He's a big guy. Whenever I piss
>someone off on the highway or out and about, I always think to myself,
>"Sorry about that, follow me home if you want, let me introduce you to my
>husband. He's my personal complaint department".
>
>glas

Well, this year I'm driving a saturn wagon. Glas, my hubby is 6ft 5in,,,so
Ioften think the same thing. He can't fit into the car so, I always drive alone
:)

PJ, 5 feet tall.

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

Martha wrote:

>No gun here, PJ, but I drive a dark blue 94 Dodge Caravan, usually very
>dirty. A little white paint on the front bumper from when the garage
>door got in my way.
>
>Martha

Perfect!! That will be my next ride. Not only comfortable like the Buick, big
enough for my husband, and easy for the wheelchair. Hubby sell cars so I am
always getting someones trade-in and I joke to him that if the mini vans have
built in kid seats why dont they come with generic bumper stickers,,,,,,,MY
TERRIFIC KID WAS STUDENT OF THE MONTH AT______________. Then all people have to
do is fill in school name.

PJ

DOG3

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

>Acura Integra 91 blue of course ;-) no guns, just 2 ferocious, snarling with
>their tails a waggin, terrior mixes.
> Katie

We have 2 Scotties and a mixed Chow Mutt. Steven gave the guns away when the
boys came to live with us. Didn't want any accidents. What mix are the
terriors Katie ?

Michael
@ Lovers come and go. The dogs are always faithful.
~ Lead me not into temptation. I'll find it myself.

DOG3

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

>We have a '91 Buick Lesabre (maroon) and a '92 Jeep Cherokee (Black). Both
>under 40,000 miles as we walk to work. We both have handguns. My Jeep has a
>dented front fender when I hit the parking meter.
>
>Michael

Correction. We both *had* handguns until last November. Children in the house.

Martha Sprowles

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

You're right. Also, around here, permanent fake bikes on the back, too.

PJ, who uses the chair? My daughter has a really big stroller (Convaid
Cruiser) which fits fine in the rear of the minivan (it's a grand
minivan) with room to spare. The Dodge/Plymouth ones are built a little
lower to the ground than the others, I think. Easier to get in and out.

Martha

Martha Sprowles

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

DOG3 wrote:

> >Acura Integra 91 blue of course ;-) no guns, just 2 ferocious, snarling with
> >their tails a waggin, terrior mixes.
> > Katie
> >

> We have 2 Scotties and a mixed Chow Mutt. Steven gave the guns away when the
> boys came to live with us. Didn't want any accidents. What mix are the
> terriors Katie ?
>
> Michael

I have a dog, too, Gretchen (whose picture is at
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/fhof/angelman/sprowles.htm

She is a French mastiff.

Martha

Martha Sprowles

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

I have a *French* mastiff, which is sort of like Welsh rabbit. It is a
rare breed and not AKC. She weighs 105lb and about a third of that is
in her head. She has a two inch underbite with big lower canines--very
ferocious looking, but she would slobber you to death.

Martha

SSherr1033 wrote:

> Martha!
>
> You have a mastiff???? How are they size wise compare to an English Mastiff????
>

> Sherr
> whose largest dog weighs 8 pounds..... smallest is 4.5 pounds

Martha Sprowles

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

LITTLEPJoo wrote:
> My Mom is handicapped. Ill actually, we don't expect her to live more than a
> year or two. I was in the flame fest with Sharon over Handicapped spots the
> same time you were. Mom can stand long enough to get into the car/van and I
> usually cram the chair where it will fit.
>
> Thanks for the info Martha.
>
> PJ

Aw jeez, PJ, how could I forget? She's the little lady you let off at
the door, who waits while you go park in the handicap spot. I'm
sorry--my brain's all gone.

Martha

MG

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

Two dogs: Dallas (the good dog), 7 years old, blue merle heeler
with a black eye patch; and April (the baaaaaad dog!!!), 6 years
old, black heeler with a few silver hairs. April has dog OCD or
something, and compulsively chases our goat along the fence,
snapping at his heels. Dallas once dug many holes under the
fence and framed April for it.
--

Monica
To respond, remove "HICCUP" from dallym...@ptld.uswest.net

"That is, unless you'd like to try....THE CRUEL SHOES!"

SSherr1033

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

KLBKRN

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

In article <19980107052...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, do...@aol.com (DOG3)
writes:

>We have 2 Scotties and a mixed Chow Mutt. Steven gave the guns away when
>the
boys came to live with us. Didn't want any accidents. What mix are
>the
terriors Katie ?

Michael

Oh boy a chance to talk about "my children", thank you Michael. ;-)
Molly my oldest at 8 yrs is a Mini Schnauzer Mix and by far the QUEEN. My "son"
Rascal but most recently known by "buddy" is a cross between what I am not
sure. He has long hair like a collie that is a bit on the wirey side but his
face is broader across the forehead than most terriers. He is taller than
Molly, stands at about where is head is level with my knees. He has a very
**stately looking white chest on a tortoise like coat. Very handsome, but I'm
his mother and would say that.Problem right now is, he is a teenager and has
discovered that sprinkling thing and how much fun it is. Unless of course I am
watching. ;-)

I think it is interesting that so far we all seem to be *dog ppl...
Katie

DOG3

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

>Two dogs: Dallas (the good dog), 7 years old, blue merle heeler
>with a black eye patch; and April (the baaaaaad dog!!!), 6 years
>old, black heeler with a few silver hairs. April has dog OCD or
>something, and compulsively chases our goat along the fence,
>snapping at his heels. Dallas once dug many holes under the
>fence and framed April for it.
>--
>
>Monica
>To respond, remove "HICCUP" from dallym...@ptld.uswest.net
>
>"That is, unless you'd like to try....THE CRUEL SHOES!"

Dallas sounds as rotten as our Missy mutt. The Scotties are very reserved and
gentlemanly, until dinner time when they turn into greedy, shelfish creatures.
They remind me of myself when it's feed time 8-D

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

Martha wrote:
> >LITTLEPJoo wrote:

>> My Mom is handicapped. Ill actually, we don't expect her to live more than
>> year or two. I was in the flame fest with Sharon over Handicapped spots the
>> same time you were. Mom can stand long enough to get into the car/van and I
>> usually cram the chair where it will fit.
>>
>> Thanks for the info Martha.
>>
>> PJ
>

>Aw jeez, PJ, how could I forget? She's the little lady you let off at
>the door, who waits while you go park in the handicap spot. I'm
>sorry--my brain's all gone.
>
>Martha

Right! Remember, I AM A SPOT ABUSER. I should leave Mom at the door with all
our purchases and to to Bumfuck Egypt to get the car.

PJ

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

Katie:

>I think it is interesting that so far we all seem to be *dog ppl...
>Katie

Well, I guess I'm a cat person but ,,,,,I Want a dog,,,,
PJ

Firefly192

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

Katie:
littl...@aol.com (LITTLEPJoo) wrote:
>Well, I guess I'm a cat person but ,,,,,I Want a dog,,,,

I grew up with mutts from the pound (and they were great dogs!). As for cats,
my mom has a phobia about them, so naturally I was kind of attracted to them !
<g>

Anyway, it's so urban where I am, and I have a small apartment, and I was
working full-time... So I got a cat for the first time in my life (he's 13
now). I went all the way with a pure breed (at the time I was single with lots
of extra money!) - an American Shorthair Silver Tabby. Named Tuffy.

I still love dogs. The problem is I think of them as people -- getting a dog
is like having another baby (and I've got 2 kids now already). My kids really
want one, of course, so when we have more room I may break down and do it. :)

--Steph

Jill0704

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

>Katie:

>I think it is interesting that so far we all seem to be *dog ppl...

PJ:

Well, I guess I'm a cat person but ,,,,,I Want a dog,,,,

Well, I am both a dog person and a cat person. I have a 4-year-old male
Sheltie named Rusty, who is pretty sure he is a cat since he lives with four of
them and tries to emulate them in every way possible. The cats are Bigfoot
(male), Heidi (female), Chocolate (male) and Twist (female and Chocolate's
sister). I have a gif of the kitties and one of Rusty that I'm happy to share
if anyone wants to see them. I don't have a web page to put them on.

Jill

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

Steph wrote:

>I grew up with mutts from the pound (and they were great dogs!). As for
>cats,
>my mom has a phobia about them, so naturally I was kind of attracted to them
>!
><g>
>
>Anyway, it's so urban where I am, and I have a small apartment, and I was
>working full-time... So I got a cat for the first time in my life (he's 13
>now). I went all the way with a pure breed (at the time I was single with
>lots
>of extra money!) - an American Shorthair Silver Tabby. Named Tuffy.
>
>I still love dogs. The problem is I think of them as people -- getting a dog
>is like having another baby (and I've got 2 kids now already). My kids
>really
>want one, of course, so when we have more room I may break down and do it. :)
>
> --Steph

Awwww Steph, my cats name is Muffy. She rules us. I know what you mean I want a
dog, but need a fence.

PJ

Don Sobwick

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

LITTLEPJoo wrote:

> Katie:
>
> >I think it is interesting that so far we all seem to be *dog ppl...
> >Katie

> Well, I guess I'm a cat person but ,,,,,I Want a dog,,,,
> PJ
I'm a bird person. Aren't there any bird people out there?....
Debby S.<sarg...@injersey.com>

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98

Jill wrote:

>Well, I am both a dog person and a cat person. I have a 4-year-old male
>Sheltie named Rusty, who is pretty sure he is a cat since he lives with four
>of
>them and tries to emulate them in every way possible. The cats are Bigfoot
>(male), Heidi (female), Chocolate (male) and Twist (female and Chocolate's
>sister). I have a gif of the kitties and one of Rusty that I'm happy to
>share
>if anyone wants to see them. I don't have a web page to put them on.
>
>Jill

Yes I want to see the pic. Your dog must be a sight trying to be a cat. I love
it!!

PJ

GMSpider

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98

In article <19980108132...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, littl...@aol.com
(LITTLEPJoo) writes:

>Katie:

>I think it is interesting that so far we all seem to be *dog ppl...
>
>Katie

Well, I guess I'm a cat person but ,,,,,I Want a dog,,,,
PJ

I have two cats and a dog. The dog is really my grandson's
though.

Grandma
Visit the Girl Gang Web Pages at
http://members.aol.com/gmspider/index.html

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98

Grandma wrote:

>I have two cats and a dog. The dog is really my grandson's
>though.
>
>Grandma

What are your cats like?

PJ

SSherr1033

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98

I'm an all kinds of pets person. I've got 4 dogs- Pekingeses, 2 cats, 3
aquariums and 2 garden ponds. DH won't let me have any birds though. He's
even threatened to toss me and my pets if I bring anymore home. LOL

Sherr
still trying to figure out how to get a goat, ferret and small birds....

Don Sobwick

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98
Dear Sherr: Something very sad happened today. One of my finches died.
The others picked him to death....very sad.
Debby S.<sarg...@injersey.com>

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

Debby wrote:

>Dear Sherr: Something very sad happened today. One of my finches died.
>The others picked him to death....very sad.
>Debby S.<sarg...@injersey.com>

AWWW Debby, I'm so sorry. What on earth made them do that!?

PJ

Martha Sprowles

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

Rosecyrus wrote:

> In article <34B438...@erols.com>, Martha Sprowles <spro...@erols.com>

> writes:
>
> >I have a *French* mastiff, which is sort of like Welsh rabbit. It is a
> rare
> >breed and not AKC. She weighs 105lb and about a third of that is
> in her
> >head. She has a two inch underbite with big lower canines--very
> ferocious
> >looking, but she would slobber you to death.
>
> Martha
>
> I've never seen a French Mastiff. Is the underbite intended? Since
> it isn't AKC I assume it was a working dog of some sort? In other
> words what was it bred to do?
>
> I've been pissed ever since I heard that the AKC was planning to
> reckonize Jack Russells. There goes the breed. Not to mention
> I adored the reverse snob appeal of having a breed that the
> dog elite wouldn't accept.
>
> Rose
>
> Rose

Well, I was embarrassed to tell you the *real* name of my dog's breed:
Dogue de Bordeaux. Gaaag. Jack Russells' aren't AKC? I'm amazed. The
reason French mastiffs aren't is that there aren't enough of them. They
are (duh) from France and an ancient breed, originally for boar hunting.
My Gretchie is rather low, for a mastiff, with an enormous block of a
head, the highly desirable 2" underbite, and lots of skin folds
hanging--her face looks a little like a boxer's. She has a
reddish-brown coat, short, and a black muzzle. She cost an enormous
amount of money, and she's not even show quality--she has a kink in her
tail. BUT: she is the most laid-back animal on earth. She is very
scary-looking and has the bark from hell, but she loves her people so
much that she sits in the hall and cries--really!--if we don't let her
in a room with us. We got her because the folks who own the pet store
where we bought the crickets and goldfish to feed my son's lizards and
turtles also breed these dogs, and there were always two or three
hanging around the store. My daughter, who doesn't have very good fine
motor control, was actually able to pet these old dogs without upsetting
them--they liked her. So, when puppies were due, we put down a deposit,
and then my son got to go pick one of the "pet quality" pups. It was an
enormous litter--eleven survived out of 13!--and the mother was in very
bad shape. Another of the dogs, Kelly, took over and actually was able
to *nurse* the pups!

Martha

Rosecyrus

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Rosecyrus

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

In article <34B830...@erols.com>, Martha Sprowles
<spro...@nospam.erols.com> writes:

>Well, I was embarrassed to tell you the *real* name of my dog's breed:
Dogue
>de Bordeaux. Gaaag."

Oh, no, I love it. It sounds like a bottle of wine. And of course
when people ask you what your dog is you can say, "An obscure
breed from Bordeaux." Much better than AKC. (Don't like the
American Kennel Club if you can't tell. I hate the idea of certifying
that a dog is some sort of breed without certifying health and
soundness. AKC registration simply encourages puppy farming.

> Jack Russells' aren't AKC? I'm amazed.

Jack Russell people in England and here fought the idea of the
breed becoming AKC rabidly. There is a Jack Russell Terrior
Club of America which has MUCH more stringent guide lines
than AKC. Before you can register as a breeding animal the
dog must be 1 year old, you have to submit breeding information,
photographs of the dog front and side, and a health certificate
from a veteranarian. Since the upsurge in popularity I'm beginning
to see JRTs with obvious breeding flaws-- which is why I decided to
breed. There need to be breeders who care or we are going to see
these dogs go the way of spaniels, dalmations and Irish setters.

Very good idea to take the breed characteristics into consideration
when a choosing a dog to be around your daughter. I had to firmly
discourage some people with toddlers from a JRT-- they probably got
one from someone else-- because the breed is just not good
with very young children. People get puppies because they are so appealing
and forget that the breed was deliberately designed at one time to do
something and it probably wasn't housepet. I suspect, if things keep
going on the way they are I'll end up getting involved with breed rescue.

What happened to the mother, did she get better? I worried about
Babe from day 45 of the pregnancy til the puppies were six weeks old.
But she loved all the extra vitamins and calcium tablets.

Rose

Halle 8

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

>SSherr1033 wrote:
>>
>> I'm an all kinds of pets person. I've got 4 dogs- Pekingeses, 2 cats, 3
>> aquariums and 2 garden ponds. DH won't let me have any birds though. He's
>> even threatened to toss me and my pets if I bring anymore home. LOL
>>
>> Sherr
>> still trying to figure out how to get a goat, ferret and small birds....
>Dear Sherr: Something very sad happened today. One of my finches died.
>The others picked him to death....very sad.
>Debby S.<sarg...@injersey.com>

I think it's the nesting instinct, Debby. Did the others build a nest of the
feathers?

Halle

Martha Sprowles

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Rosecyrus wrote:

<snip>

> What happened to the mother, did she get better? I worried about
> Babe from day 45 of the pregnancy til the puppies were six weeks old.
> But she loved all the extra vitamins and calcium tablets.

The mother did recover, but it took a long time. We board our dog with
the breeder when we travel and keep up to date with Gretchie's parents,
grandparents and sibs. Her birth mother (as opposed to Kelly, her
foster mother) died last summer of sunstroke. Painters let her out in
the hot sun and forgot about her. These dogs with pushed-in snouts
suffer from heat exhaustion remarkably quickly, and she died from a heat
stroke. V. Sad.

Martha

Rosecyrus

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

In article <34B966...@erols.com>, Martha Sprowles
<spro...@nospam.erols.com> writes:

>The mother did recover, but it took a long time. We board our dog with
the
>breeder when we travel and keep up to date with Gretchie's
>parents,
grandparents and sibs. Her birth mother (as opposed to Kelly,
>her
foster mother) died last summer of sunstroke. Painters let her out
>in
the hot sun and forgot about her. These dogs with pushed-in snouts
suffer
>from heat exhaustion remarkably quickly, and she died from a heat
stroke. V.
>Sad.

Martha

Ok, I'm in favor of the death penalty for the painters. But the real reason I
started this, other than the fact I love to hear about other people's dogs,
was I wanted to know if there was any practical reason for the underbite.
Boar hunting is very dangerous-- never forget the first time someone explained
to me why a boar spear had those flange things on it-- so the boar couldn't
fight up the shaft and get at the hunter after it had been speared-- but I
couldn't
come up with a practical reason for the bite.

Rose

P.S. I just reviewed one of my first posts to this thread. I sure managed to
mangle recognize, didn't I? How hillbilly, I reckonize. <g>

sch...@mindnospring.com

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

On 12 Jan 1998 13:42:30 GMT, rose...@aol.com (Rosecyrus) wrote:

>Ok, I'm in favor of the death penalty for the painters. But the real reason I
>started this, other than the fact I love to hear about other people's dogs,
>was I wanted to know if there was any practical reason for the underbite.
>Boar hunting is very dangerous-- never forget the first time someone explained
>to me why a boar spear had those flange things on it-- so the boar couldn't
>fight up the shaft and get at the hunter after it had been speared-- but I
>couldn't
>come up with a practical reason for the bite.
>
>Rose
>
>P.S. I just reviewed one of my first posts to this thread. I sure managed to
>mangle recognize, didn't I? How hillbilly, I reckonize. <g>

I had a roommate awhile back who got interested in breeding dogs.
She now has quite a business/hobby going. Nothing like a puppy farm -
she is EXTREMELY diligent about the health issues, where she is
willing to place her dogs, etc. She's finished several champions
herself, and loves the whole thing. Watching from the sidelines
though, it is a very weird subculture. More politics involved in dog
shows than anything I've ever seen. And she knows people who have
actually paid to have their dogs' teeth straightened, and stuff like
that. Dog shows are sort of like beauty pageants I guess. So I
wonder, are there any cases of owners murdering their dogs in a rage
because they wouldn't get housebroken ?

IMO, she's never had a dog that was anywhere near as good a companion
as her first, non-show quality golden retriever that got her
interested in the whole thing.

-Sal

Martha Sprowles

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

Rosecyrus wrote:

> In article <34B966...@erols.com>, Martha Sprowles
> <spro...@nospam.erols.com> writes:
>
> >The mother did recover, but it took a long time. We board our dog with
> the
> >breeder when we travel and keep up to date with Gretchie's
> >parents,
> grandparents and sibs. Her birth mother (as opposed to Kelly,
> >her
> foster mother) died last summer of sunstroke. Painters let her out
> >in
> the hot sun and forgot about her. These dogs with pushed-in snouts
> suffer
> >from heat exhaustion remarkably quickly, and she died from a heat
> stroke. V.
> >Sad.
>
> Martha
>
> Ok, I'm in favor of the death penalty for the painters. But the real reason I
> started this, other than the fact I love to hear about other people's dogs,
> was I wanted to know if there was any practical reason for the underbite.
> Boar hunting is very dangerous-- never forget the first time someone explained
> to me why a boar spear had those flange things on it-- so the boar couldn't
> fight up the shaft and get at the hunter after it had been speared-- but I
> couldn't
> come up with a practical reason for the bite.
>
> Rose
>
> P.S. I just reviewed one of my first posts to this thread. I sure managed to
> mangle recognize, didn't I? How hillbilly, I reckonize. <g>

I don't know about the underbite, but all the folds of skin around the
face are desirable so that *if* the boar (who has a pretty good
underbite of his own) gets hold, it will probably be just skin and not
do any serious damage to the dog.

Martha

MG

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

sch...@mindnospring.com wrote:
> I had a roommate awhile back who got interested in breeding dogs.
> She now has quite a business/hobby going. Nothing like a puppy farm -
> she is EXTREMELY diligent about the health issues, where she is
> willing to place her dogs, etc. She's finished several champions
> herself, and loves the whole thing. Watching from the sidelines
> though, it is a very weird subculture. More politics involved in dog
> shows than anything I've ever seen. And she knows people who have
> actually paid to have their dogs' teeth straightened, and stuff like
> that. Dog shows are sort of like beauty pageants I guess. So I
> wonder, are there any cases of owners murdering their dogs in a rage
> because they wouldn't get housebroken ?

When I was a medical/dental claims processor, I went to the
Oregon Dental Association convention to bone up on dental
equipment and stuff, and there was a supplier of orthodontic
appliances that had, amongst the various human-oriented brackets
and wires, *dog braces* demonstrated on a plaster cast of some
dog's teeth. Apparently a pretty big business! This is also an
issue in the miniature horse industry, I hear, where there is
quite the dispute over whether it is ethical to use braces to
straighten a horse's teeth, then show it and win titles that
would normally make the horse desirable as breeding stock.
Everyone wants to breed to a champion, but you might not be
aware that the stud used to be a bucktoothed plug.

Our April (the baaaaad dog!) came to us because a friend knew we
were looking for a second blue heeler (the official name would
be Australian Cattle Dog--Hi, Dr. Missy!) to be a buddy to the
first (Dallas, the *good* dog!) and she knew someone who was
going to shoot their one-year-old female.

Apparently, the family had bought the dog for their son, who
wasn't really interested in the dog, and they had a little
chainlink and concrete run for her. It was really small.
Whenever they let her out, she would rocket over to the field
and chase the horses back and forth. She has an *extremely*
strong herding instinct. She also killed some chickens,
apparently. Word is that they beat her up pretty good when she
misbehaved, and I'm not really an apologist for bad dogs, but
she *is* a herding dog, and she *was* penned up a lot, so can
you really begrudge her getting a little excited over a chicken
running around the yard?

Anyhow, they were going to shoot her--out in the country, dogs
is dogs, and there's sort of a no-nonsense approach to the
usefulness of dogs. So we took Dallas, who was 2, out to meet
April, who was 1. April was very wary; I was dismayed that she
stayed so far away from us and seemed so skittish. Not a good
trait in a dog. She finally warmed up a little, and she and
Dallas played and got along, so we agreed to take her home. I
remember those two dogs sitting in the back seat of the car, as
nice as could be, as we drove home.

We had a fenced yard about 24x60 at the time, and Ape and
Dallymo (aha!) played and played. April chased Dallas at top
speed (these dogs are *very* fast) around and around and around
and around and around and around and around and around and
around the yard, and by that I mean in a big oval generally
following the fence line, with only an occasional deviation to
jump up on top of the dog house and jump back down again.
Dallas, who had been an only dog (pre-Tommy, so she was our
widdle puppy-wuppy) was delighted to have a playmate--for a
while. Ape chased Dallas *all night long* and by morning Dallas
kept looking in the sliding glass door, ears hanging down (this
breed has pointy ears that stand straight up) in misery, eyes
pleading with us to send the damn annoying puppy away. Her
tail, normally an upcurving banner of fun fun fun, was drooping,
with an ominous bend in the middle, where it appears that it had
been dislocated or broken. We can only guess that April, in one
of her vaults from the top of the doghouse, landed on Dallas and
broke her tail.

Poor April. She wanted so much to love and be loved, but she
didn't know how. Whenever we gave her a dog treat she would
bury it, as if she knew that she would never get another one and
had to save this one for later. She tried to bury a dog biscuit
under the couch one day! As a result of being smacked around
frequently, she was very frightened of an upraised hand, to the
extent that she would drop to her belly if you moved too quickly
to scratch your own head.

Well, time heals most wounds, and April is, if not a productive
member of dog society, at least a good watchdog with a nasty
bark and ugly teeth. She's stopped lunging and gnashing her
teeth at everyone, but if I didn't know her pretty well, I'd be
wary of coming into our yard. She and Dallas make a pretty
intimidating pair, with the teeth and the hackles and the
various scars they have from their tussles. They have a couple
of acres to run around in, and sweet-smelling hay to sleep in.
April still chases the goat along the fence, but I think he
enjoys it, lonely as he is. In fact, he was once deeply (and
very *actively*) in love with her, despite his being a neutered
goat and her being a spayed dog, but that's another story,
perhaps for alt.fetish.interspecies-romance...

form...@hotmail.com

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98
to form...@hotmail.com

Rose wrote:
> I've been pissed ever since I heard that the AKC was planning to
> reckonize Jack Russells. There goes the breed. Not to mention
> I adored the reverse snob appeal of having a breed that the
> dog elite wouldn't accept.

Just thought you should know, if you ever come to Australia, that this
first sentence would be understood here as follows:
"I've been drunk ever since I heard that the AKC was planning to
recognise Jack Russells." There goes the breed indeed, Rose!

Formica63.

form...@hotmail.com

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98
to form...@hotmail.com

Martha apparently wrote:

> >Well, I was embarrassed to tell you the *real* name of my dog's breed:
> Dogue de Bordeaux. Gaaag.

Martha, you are kidding me! That is wild!

> the highly desirable 2" underbite

Interesting.

>We got her because the folks who own the
> >pet store
> where we bought the crickets and goldfish to feed my son's lizards
> >and
> turtles

Your son has lizards and turtles? I am impressed. You know what I would
have if I lived there instead of here? Salamanders and newts, my
favourites. When I was a kid -- a girle de Turramurra, if you will -- I
used to keep frogs, and gekkos.

Slightly underbitten, Formica.

SSherr1033

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

Seems like I read somewhere the dogs with underbites are able to exert more
pounds per inch than dogs with regular bites. Being the proud mom of 4
anklebiters with underbites I can attest that for small dogs they pack a hell
of a bite.

Sherr

Rosecyrus

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

In article <34ba41c7....@nntp.mindspring.com>, sch...@mindnospring.com
writes:

>I had a roommate awhile back who got interested in breeding dogs.
She now has
>quite a business/hobby going. Nothing like a puppy farm -
she is EXTREMELY
>diligent about the health issues, where she is
willing to place her dogs,
>etc. She's finished several champions
herself, and loves the whole thing.
>Watching from the sidelines
though, it is a very weird subculture. More
>politics involved in dog
shows than anything I've ever seen. And she knows
>people who have
actually paid to have their dogs' teeth straightened, and
>stuff like
that. Dog shows are sort of like beauty pageants I guess. So
wonder, are there any cases of owners murdering their dogs in a
>rage
because they wouldn't get housebroken ?

IMO, she's never had a dog

>that was anywhere near as good a companion
as her first, non-show quality
>golden retriever that got her
interested in the whole thing.

-Sal

Some dog show people are really great--
the kennel owner where I board mine
when I go out of town is fabulous. Reminds
me a little of GM-- sixty and feisty. She
breeds chihauhaus. Hers for some reason
never look like those nasty little rat dogs
that want to bite your fingers off.

My JRTs are perpetual motion machines--
except when they want to curl up in my
lap and be loved-- kind of hard when all four
of them want to do that at once. Maxy (Maxy
Son of Snapper) is four and he's still like a
puppy in many ways. The other night I
was reading in bed when this ball of dog
play jumped up on the bed rolled over me
and went off the other side, not even pausing.

Then of course you learn to be patient about
things like the pillow fight where the pillow
lost and I ended up with a bedroom full of
feathers. I'm still finding feathers a month
later.

I JRTs I understand are the only baying
terrier. I'm not sure that the weird
noise they make is baying, but it sure
can raise the hair on your neck when
they get going. I was out walking them
the other day when three deer came
up out of thicket. Their baying caused
every dog for a mile around to start
barking. Thank god it wasn't five o'clock
on a Sunday morning.

Rose

Jill0704

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

TO BE SUNG TO THE TUNE, "I GOT YOU, BABE"

Mike: They say that we can't go down the hill,
Before we go we really should write a will.

Sonny: Well I don't know if all that's true,
Watch out for that bush, 'cause I think it really grew.

Sonny: Tree
Both: I hit you, tree.
I hit you, tree.

Mike: They say football on skis is really dumb,
Before we know it we'll both be very numb.

Sonny: I guess that's so, the wind's in our hair,
You did the sitter, but baby I did Cher.

Sonny: Tree
Both: I hit you, tree.
I hit you, tree.

Mike: I got flowers on my grave.
It was stupid, but baby, we seemed brave.

Sonny: And we weren't drunk, just acting like clowns.
We didn't see the tree, but we sure found the ground.

Mike: Don't let them say that we can't ski,
We were doin' pretty good 'til we hit that goddamn tree.

Sonny: So I put my little hand on the branch,
Thought I'd break my fall, but wound up buying the ranch.

Sonny: Tree.
Both: I hit you, tree.
I hit you, tree.

Sonny: I had Cher to hold my hand.
Mike: She had you then found a real man.
Sonny: I had Newt to think with me.
Mike: I had Ted to drink with me.
I went and kissed that tree goodnight.
Split my skull from left to right.
I hit the tree, I can't let go.
My blood is dripping on the snow.

Both: I hit you, tree.
I hit you, tree.
I hit you, tree.
I hit you, tree.

Lisa B

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

jill...@aol.com (Jill0704) wrote:

>TO BE SUNG TO THE TUNE, "I GOT YOU, BABE"

<snip>

THANK-you, Jill. I know I've earned a special place in Hell for
laughing at the misfortunes of Rich and Famous Geeks.

I meant, what a tragedy. Terrible, terrible.

Lisa (remove .SpamReeks to reply)
acq_...@dayton.SpamReeks.lib.oh.us

Rosecyrus

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

>Rose wrote:
> I've been pissed ever since I heard that the AKC was planning
> reckonize Jack Russells. There goes the breed. Not to mention
>adored the reverse snob appeal of having a breed that the
> dog elite
>wouldn't accept.

Just thought you should know, if you ever come to
>Australia, that this
first sentence would be understood here as follows:

>"I've been drunk ever since I heard that the AKC was planning to
recognise
>Jack Russells." There goes the breed indeed, Rose!

Formica63.

Oh, god, thanks for the translation. That's hilarious.
All that drinking is why my spelling when to hell
that day.

Rose

MG

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

Melissa wrote:

> Monica wrote:
>
> >Our April (the baaaaad dog!) came to us because a friend knew we
> were looking for a second blue heeler (the official name would
> be Australian Cattle Dog--Hi, Dr. Missy!) to be a buddy to the
> first (Dallas, the *good* dog!) and she knew someone who was
> going to shoot their one-year-old female.
>
> Wow, someone was going to shoot a blue heeler? I better get this off our
> server, fast.
> Monica, there's a very popular cop show on tv here -- called Blue
> Heelers. They're nice dogs, aren't they? Tenacious. Cattle dogs are just
> amazing.
>
> Dr Missy, aka
>
> Melissa

We love 'em. Having 2 heelers is something of a challenge,
because they really like to be only dogs (meaning that they like
to be the only dog in the household, not that they aren't
ambitious enough to want to be more than just dogs). They're
very loyal, and tenacious isn't the half of it. If our dogs had
had some early lessons in working stock, they'd be really good
at it. As it is, April (baaaaaad dog!) compulsively chases the
goat, and Dallas (good dog!) tries to bite the wheel on the
wheelbarrow when you roll it along.

Ever seen the cartoon "2 Stupid Dogs," which shows on the
Cartoon Network? It's a dramatization of the dog situation here
at my house.

<Naw, not stupid; perhaps just misdirected occasionally.>

(Don't anyone suggest that for my sig line, either!!!)

MG

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

Not to mention the slurring...

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/14/98

Monica wrote:

There you go again. I love the way you describe those dogs. I'm beginning to
like April.

PJ

Martha Sprowles

Jan 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/14/98

form...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Martha apparently wrote:
>
> > >Well, I was embarrassed to tell you the *real* name of my dog's breed:
> > Dogue de Bordeaux. Gaaag.
>
> Martha, you are kidding me! That is wild!
>
> > the highly desirable 2" underbite
>
> Interesting.
>
> >We got her because the folks who own the
> > >pet store
> > where we bought the crickets and goldfish to feed my son's lizards
> > >and
> > turtles
>
> Your son has lizards and turtles? I am impressed. You know what I would
> have if I lived there instead of here? Salamanders and newts, my
> favourites. When I was a kid -- a girle de Turramurra, if you will -- I
> used to keep frogs, and gekkos.
>
> Slightly underbitten, Formica.

Dear Formica,

Also an ant farm.

Love and kisses,
Gyre2

Rosecyrus

Jan 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/14/98

--

Monica

I love the idea of them herding wheel barrows--
a round up of wheel barrows headed for the
markets of the east.

Have they met the vacuum cleaner? For
some reason the JRTs think it's some sort
of vermin that they are supposed to surround
and worry at until it shuts up.

Rose

MG

Jan 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/14/98

Ackchually, April (baaaaad) likes to be vacuumed with the shop
vac hose. Gets any loose hair, goat poop or gravel out of her
coat. She also enjoys sticking her enormously floppy washrag of
a tongue into the end of the hose, where it goes florpity
florpity florpity florpity at a rapid rate.

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

Jill wrote:

>TO BE SUNG TO THE TUNE, "I GOT YOU, BABE"

Applause!!

PJ

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

Monica,
The way you describe the *good* dog and the *baaaaad* dog, I could swear you
live across the street from me. Last fall, the baaaad dog destroyed my yard
sale!! I love reading your posts about you dogs.

PJ

MG

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

Yikes! Baaaad April isn't allowed out of our yard. She's got
plenty of destructive opportunity at home. She ate our welcome
mat. She ate a five-foot tall rosebush down to a mere nub (and
I mean literally--an inch of the root sticking out of the
ground) and demolished a six-foot, world-class thistle.

She's a compulsive barker, too, with some kind of psychic
ability to know just when I've drifted off to sleep. She barks
five times: Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof! Then she pauses
for a couple of beats. Then: Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof!
Woof! Pause. Woof woof woof woof woof. Woof woof woof woof
woof. Woof woof woof woof woof. Long pause; the knots in my
trapezii begin to unkink, then: Woof woof woof woof woof.
Fortunately, our neighbors aren't too close. I march out of the
house into the cold, clad in underwear and a nightshirt,
clutching a buggy whip, which I crack madly as I shriek like a
fishwife, "SHUT THE HELL UP, GODDAMMIT, OR I'LL TEAR YOU F***ING
HEAD OFF AND STUFF IT DOWN THE BLEEDING STUMP OF YOUR NECK!!!"

That usually does the trick. Of course, ever since the Baptist
church bought the twelve acres next door and built the pastor's
house on the side of the lot closest to us, I've tried to tone
it down just a hair, or at least not scream so loud. Sometimes
in the dead of night, when it's sort of still out and I'm not
quite awake, I can't really tell how loud I'm yelling. For all
I know it comes out as a slightly miffed whisper, but as long as
April (baaaaaad dog!) gets the picture it works for me.

~CRACK!~

PJ, please tell me about the baaaaaad dog who destroyed your
yard sale. I can take some comfort in the fact that April only
torments me and not my neighbors!

Jill0704

Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98

Monica:

>"SHUT THE HELL UP, GODDAMMIT, OR I'LL TEAR YOU F***ING
HEAD OFF AND STUFF IT
>DOWN THE BLEEDING STUMP OF YOUR NECK!!!"

I like your dog stories, too, Monica. This part above reminded me of something
my husband said when I was telling him about our thread with the remarks such
as "jerk a knot in his tail," "slap his head into a peak and then slap the peak
off," etc. He suggested, "I'm going to rip your arm off and beat you with the
wet end."

Jill

Halle 8

Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98

>LITTLEPJoo wrote:
>>
>> Monica,
>> The way you describe the *good* dog and the *baaaaad* dog, I could swear
>you
>> live across the street from me. Last fall, the baaaad dog destroyed my yard
>> sale!! I love reading your posts about you dogs.
>>
>> PJ
>
>Yikes! Baaaad April isn't allowed out of our yard. She's got
>plenty of destructive opportunity at home. She ate our welcome
>mat. She ate a five-foot tall rosebush down to a mere nub (and
>I mean literally--an inch of the root sticking out of the
>ground) and demolished a six-foot, world-class thistle.
>
>She's a compulsive barker, too, with some kind of psychic
>ability to know just when I've drifted off to sleep. She barks
>five times: Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof! Then she pauses
>for a couple of beats. Then: Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof!
>Woof! Pause. Woof woof woof woof woof. Woof woof woof woof
>woof. Woof woof woof woof woof. Long pause; the knots in my
>trapezii begin to unkink, then: Woof woof woof woof woof.
>Fortunately, our neighbors aren't too close. I march out of the
>house into the cold, clad in underwear and a nightshirt,
>clutching a buggy whip, which I crack madly as I shriek like a
>fishwife, "SHUT THE HELL UP, GODDAMMIT, OR I'LL TEAR YOU F***ING

>HEAD OFF AND STUFF IT DOWN THE BLEEDING STUMP OF YOUR NECK!!!"
>
>That usually does the trick. Of course, ever since the Baptist
>church bought the twelve acres next door and built the pastor's
>house on the side of the lot closest to us, I've tried to tone
>it down just a hair, or at least not scream so loud. Sometimes
>in the dead of night, when it's sort of still out and I'm not
>quite awake, I can't really tell how loud I'm yelling. For all
>I know it comes out as a slightly miffed whisper, but as long as
>April (baaaaaad dog!) gets the picture it works for me.
>
>~CRACK!~
>
>PJ, please tell me about the baaaaaad dog who destroyed your
>yard sale. I can take some comfort in the fact that April only
>torments me and not my neighbors!
>--
>
>Monica

Where I used to work, there was a woman there who had a dog that barked
continually, and we heard stories about the retaliatory efforts of the
neighbors, which culminated in an attempted poisoning. One day the woman came
into the office and announced that she'd had her dog "debarked" -- its vocal
cords surgically removed. I'd never heard of such a thing! It sounds barbaric!
I admire your patience, Monica. Great story, too.

Halle

MG

Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98

Oh, I appreciate her barking when she does it at the right
times--she makes a pretty good watchdog, and we can tell the
difference in her "tone" when someone is coming down the
driveway, so I'd never have her debarked. Yuck.

However, I did try to make my own dog training system out of a
wireless doorbell. I did some operant conditioning first,
putting the receiver/bell out on the patio and keeping the
transmitter/button next to my bed. When April (baaaaaaad) would
bark in that annoying, aimless way, I would ring the bell: Ding
dong, ding dong, ding dong. If she didn't shut up, I would go
out and crack the whip, scream the obscenities, etc. If the did
shut up, I'd praise her (albeit insincerely, since she is, after
all, a baaaaaad dog).

It seemed like it was starting to work, but then one night she
was somewhere at the back of the property yapping at a rabbit or
something, and she didn't hear the bell up by the house. I
decided I would tape the receiver to her collar so she couldn't
fail to hear it. I used a huge wad of packing tape to
inextricably bind the receiver to her collar--it was kind of
unwieldy, as the receiver was a little larger than a deck of
cards, but it looked like it would work.

That night, she barked and barked, and I sat there in my bed
feverishly pressing the damn button with no results. *Now*
who's the lab rat?!? "I'm pressing the button! Where is my
pellet?!?"

The next morning, April (baaaaad) was not wearing her collar.
She had removed it at some point during the night, and I
suspected that she had probably buried the whole thing
somewhere. I did a quick walk around the property to see if I
could see it, but it was gone.

When I got home from work, I found the collar on the lawn, where
it had *not* been that morning. No receiver. No tape. *Those*
were strewn across the yard in tiny, tiny little bits, arranged
in a pattern that told me that she had worked really hard at
reducing them to their most elemental particles, probably with a
few good shakes and growls thrown in for good measure.

It's an armed truce now. I got the whip {crack!} but I don't
got the button any more.

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/17/98

Monica wrote:

>>PJ, please tell me about the baaaaaad dog who destroyed your
>>yard sale. I can take some comfort in the fact that April only
>>torments me and not my neighbors!
>>--
>>
>>Monica

There are 2 of them actually but one is woooooorrrrse.
The little shit just started chasing a neighbors cat and tore across the sheets
with clothes on it. then around the fake shelves made out of boxes with other
stunning articles for sale.

The other dog just sits and barks constantly. We really don't know what to do
about it. We are going to inquire about a barking law someone told me about.. I
know that sounds nitpicky but it gets like chinese water torture.

PJ,Typing to the beat of the barks.

Rosecyrus

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

In article <19980117133...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, littl...@aol.com
(LITTLEPJoo) writes:

>There are 2 of them actually but one is woooooorrrrse.
The little shit just
>started chasing a neighbors cat and tore across the sheets
with clothes on
>it. then around the fake shelves made out of boxes with other
stunning
>articles for sale.

The other dog just sits and barks constantly. We really
>don't know what to do
about it. We are going to inquire about a barking law
>someone told me about.. I
know that sounds nitpicky but it gets like chinese
>water torture.

PJ,Typing to the beat of the barks.

Barking is supposedly an attempt by dogs to communicate with
humans. It's a combination of a puppy sound of distress and
the wolf "huff", which is a lot like a Chow "huff" if you've ever known
a Chow. It can become a habit though, which is what it
sounds like in this case. You don't need an anti-- barking law.
It's a nuisance and interfers with your enjoyment of your property.
Any chance you can talk to the dog owners? I've known people to
break the barking habit with some judicious use of buckets of water--
dogs hate that.

Rose

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

Rose wrote:

Well, Hubby and I keep asking each other when we are going to go talk to the
dog owner. We are both afraid of being the gripey neighbors besides, she's
bigger than us. Seems they got both dogs full grown from the pound and just
can't seem to train them.

This is a new subdivision in the country. We all bought out here for the peace
and quiet. It has been dogs barking or her screaming at them since they moved
in.

Now , I will gather my courage and go talk to her about the water thing. Funny
thing is, I feel sorry for the dogs too. No dog should have a stupid owner.

PJ

Rosecyrus

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Don't you just love the way threads permutate
around here and we just ignore the titles. Can
you imagine so innocent wandering in and
seeing this thread title then discovering the
topic of conversation is barking dogs?

Rose

Martha Sprowles

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Or the URL for the Hollywood Stock Exchange: http://www.hsx.com/

Martha

Joe1orbit

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

rose...@aol.com (Rosecyrus) Wrote:

>Don't you just love the way threads permutate
>around here and we just ignore the titles.

Hello Rose,

I read many of the threads here at WH, but certainly not all of them due to
time constraints. Naturally I feel compelled to read ALL of the posts under
this title header, since I originated it. So, I've learned a lot about dogs
over the past week or so, while actually hoping to find foot-related comments
under this thread. :)

> Can
>you imagine so innocent wandering in and
>seeing this thread title then discovering the
>topic of conversation is barking dogs?

That is an amusing thought. But actually, "barking dogs" IS a commonly used
euphemistic expression for sore feet! It is not unusual to hear a sore-footed
gal proclaim aloud, "Oh god, I've been walking around all day long, my dogs are
really barking!" "Dogs" stands for feet, and "barking" stands for sore or
painful or aching. I have heard, with my own ears, women say that their "dogs
were barking", speaking about their sore feet. :)

Take care, JOE

>Rose

sch...@mindnospring.com

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Joe,
I always thought that "barking dogs" meant stinky feet.
-Sal

Martha Sprowles

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Oh, Joe. you are *such* a purist. Brought that thread right back
around to feet, didn't you, you rascal.

Well, I'm glad somebody around here's organized.

Martha

Halle 8

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

> Hello Rose,
>
> I read many of the threads here at WH, but certainly not all of them due to
>time constraints. Naturally I feel compelled to read ALL of the posts under
>this title header, since I originated it. So, I've learned a lot about dogs
>over the past week or so, while actually hoping to find foot-related comments
>under this thread. :)
>
>> Can
>>you imagine so innocent wandering in and
>>seeing this thread title then discovering the
>>topic of conversation is barking dogs?
>
> That is an amusing thought. But actually, "barking dogs" IS a commonly used
>euphemistic expression for sore feet! It is not unusual to hear a sore-footed
>gal proclaim aloud, "Oh god, I've been walking around all day long, my dogs
>are
>really barking!" "Dogs" stands for feet, and "barking" stands for sore or
>painful or aching. I have heard, with my own ears, women say that their "dogs
>were barking", speaking about their sore feet. :)
>
> Take care, JOE

Joe, you just totally crack me up!

A euphemism you might like to add to your collection: "Everybody's gotta turn
up their toes sometime" -- referring to, uh, the big chill, the dirt nap,
pegging out, going south. cashing in the chips, pushing up the daisies, biting
the dust, buying the farm, yielding up the ghost, answering the last muster,
and so forth.

Halle

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Joe wrote:

> I read many of the threads here at WH, but certainly not all of them due to
>time constraints. Naturally I feel compelled to read ALL of the posts under
>this title header, since I originated it. So, I've learned a lot about dogs
>over the past week or so, while actually hoping to find foot-related comments
>under this thread. :)

Rose:

>> Can
>>you imagine so innocent wandering in and
>>seeing this thread title then discovering the
>>topic of conversation is barking dogs?
>
> That is an amusing thought. But actually, "barking dogs" IS a commonly used
>euphemistic expression for sore feet! It is not unusual to hear a sore-footed
>gal proclaim aloud, "Oh god, I've been walking around all day long, my dogs
>are
>really barking!" "Dogs" stands for feet, and "barking" stands for sore or
>painful or aching. I have heard, with my own ears, women say that their "dogs
>were barking", speaking about their sore feet. :)
>
> Take care, JOE

That is so funny!! I have heard that expression too. Would it help if I mention
that my dogs are barking from pacing the floor, unable to sleep from the
barking dogs? :)

PJ

Joe1orbit

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

sch...@mindnospring.com Wrote:

>Joe,
>I always thought that "barking dogs" meant stinky feet.

Hello Sal,

Nope, I've never heard the term "barking" used to refer to stinkiness.
Barking stands for "distressed" "tired" "sore", etc... with regard to feet. But
as far as I know, it is not used as a euphemism for stinky feet. Of course
there might be a few people who do use that word to signify stinkiness. I am no
language professor, but in my experience, people use the phrase "barking dogs"
to signify sore or tired or painful feet.

Take care, JOE

>-Sal

Joe1orbit

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

hal...@aol.com (Halle 8) Wrote:

>Joe, you just totally crack me up!

Hello Halle,

I was not trying to be humorous in any significant way, but I am pleased to
have "cracked you up". That sounds PAINFUL, to "crack a person up". Weird
expression. But I know what you mean by it, fear not. :)

>A euphemism you might like to add to your collection: "Everybody's gotta turn
>up their toes sometime" -- referring to, uh, the big chill, the dirt nap,
>pegging out, going south. cashing in the chips, pushing up the daisies,
>biting
>the dust, buying the farm, yielding up the ghost, answering the last muster,
>and so forth.

That IS a good euphemism. I have never quite heard that expression used
verbally. But it is nicely descriptive. :) I will certainly try to memorize it,
and maybe even use it in a future ATC post. Just don't hold your breath while
waiting. :)

Take care, JOE

>Halle

Joe1orbit

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Joe1...@aol.com wrote:

>> I read many of the threads here at WH, but certainly not all of them due to
>>time constraints. Naturally I feel compelled to read ALL of the posts under
>>this title header, since I originated it. So, I've learned a lot about dogs
>>over the past week or so, while actually hoping to find foot-related
>comments
>>under this thread. :)

Rose:

>>> Can
>>>you imagine so innocent wandering in and
>>>seeing this thread title then discovering the
>>>topic of conversation is barking dogs?

>> That is an amusing thought. But actually, "barking dogs" IS a commonly
>used
>>euphemistic expression for sore feet! It is not unusual to hear a
>sore-footed
>>gal proclaim aloud, "Oh god, I've been walking around all day long, my dogs
>>are
>>really barking!" "Dogs" stands for feet, and "barking" stands for sore or
>>painful or aching. I have heard, with my own ears, women say that their
>"dogs
>>were barking", speaking about their sore feet. :)
>>
>> Take care, JOE

littl...@aol.com (LITTLEPJoo) Wrote:

>That is so funny!!

Hello PJ,

Looks like I managed to tickle a few funny bones today. :)

> I have heard that expression too. Would it help if I
>mention
>that my dogs are barking from pacing the floor, unable to sleep from the
>barking dogs? :)

Yes, that helps a LOT. You managed to tie-in actual canines together with
sore feet, in an accurate and factual manner, in a single sentence! Bravo! :)

Take care, JOE

>PJ

Halle 8

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

>Joe1...@aol.com Wrote:
>
>>> Hello Rose,
>>>
>>> I read many of the threads here at WH, but certainly not all of them due
>>>time constraints. Naturally I feel compelled to read ALL of the posts under
>>>this title header, since I originated it. So, I've learned a lot about dogs
>>>over the past week or so, while actually hoping to find foot-related
>>comments
>>>under this thread. :)

>>> That is an amusing thought. But actually, "barking dogs" IS a commonly
>>used
>>>euphemistic expression for sore feet! It is not unusual to hear a
>>sore-footed
>>>gal proclaim aloud, "Oh god, I've been walking around all day long, my dogs
>>>are
>>>really barking!" "Dogs" stands for feet, and "barking" stands for sore or
>>>painful or aching. I have heard, with my own ears, women say that their
>>"dogs
>>>were barking", speaking about their sore feet. :)
>>>
>>> Take care, JOE
>
> hal...@aol.com (Halle 8) Wrote:
>
>>Joe, you just totally crack me up!
>
> Hello Halle,
>
> I was not trying to be humorous in any significant way, but I am pleased to
>have "cracked you up". That sounds PAINFUL, to "crack a person up". Weird
>expression. But I know what you mean by it, fear not. :)

Joe,

I knew you weren't *trying* to humorous, but that's what made it even funnier.
I've never heard the phrase "barking dogs" before, so I was in stitches
(another painful-sounding condition). I really did like it, and I'll be sure to
use it.

>>A euphemism you might like to add to your collection: "Everybody's gotta
>turn
>>up their toes sometime" -- referring to, uh, the big chill, the dirt nap,

>>pegging out, going south, cashing in the chips, pushing up the daisies,

>>biting
>>the dust, buying the farm, yielding up the ghost, answering the last
>muster,
>>and so forth.

> That IS a good euphemism. I have never quite heard that expression used
>verbally. But it is nicely descriptive. :) I will certainly try to memorize
>it,
>and maybe even use it in a future ATC post. Just don't hold your breath while
>waiting. :)
>
> Take care, JOE

I'm very glad you like it. You are an encyclopedia of foot information. There's
actually a FAQ on feet, which I thought I'd post here for you:

1. Seventy-five percent of Americans will experience foot health
problems of varying degrees of severity at one time or another in
their lives.

2. The foot is an intricate structure containing 26 bones. Thirty-three
joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles, and tendons hold the structure
together and allow it to move in a variety of ways.

3. The 52 bones in your feet make up about one quarter of all the
bones in your body.

4. Women have about four times as many foot problems as men;
lifelong patterns of wearing high heels often are the culprit.

5. The American Podiatric Medical Association says the average
person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day. Those cover several miles,
and they all add up to about 115,000 miles in a lifetime -- more than
four times the circumference of the globe.

6. There are times when you're walking that the pressure on your
feet exceeds your body weight, and when you're running, it can be
three or four times your weight.

7. Shopping for shoes is best done in the afternoon, says the
American Podiatric Medical Association. Your feet tend to swell a
little during the day, and it's best to buy shoes to fit them then. Have
your feet measured everytime you purchase shoes, and do it while
you're standing. When you try on shoes, try them on both feet;
many people have one foot larger than the other, and it's best to fit
the larger one.

8. Trim your toenails straight across with clippers specially designed
for the purpose. Leave them slightly longer than the tips of your
toes.

9. Walking is the best exercise for your feet. It also contributes to
your general health by improving circulation, contributing to weight
control, and promoting all-around well being.

10. Your feet mirror your general health. Such conditions as
arthritis, diabetes, nerve and circulatory disorders can show their
initial symptoms in the feet -- so foot ailments can be your first sign of
more serious medical problems.

11. The podiatric physician (doctor of podiatric medicine, or DPM)
is the health care professional trained in the care of your feet. He or
she receives conventional medical training, plus special training on
the foot, ankle, and lower leg. All 50 states, the District of Columbia,
and Puerto Rico require that they pass rigorous state board examinations before
they are licensed, and most require continuing
education programs for regular license renewal.

12. There are about 10,700 doctors of podiatric medicine actively in
practice in the United States, and they receive more than 55 million
visits a year from people with any number of foot ailments. Yet that's
probably only a fraction of the number of foot problems. Mostly, say
podiatrists, that's because many people have the erroneous notion
that their feet are supposed to hurt.

13. Only a small percentage of the population is born with foot
problems, the American Podiatric Medical Association believes. It's
neglect, and a lack of awareness of proper care -- including ill-fitting
shoes -- that bring on the problems. A lifetime of wear and tear, plus
neglect, accounts for the fact that the practices of most podistrists are
made up of older Americans.

14. Corns and calluses are caused by friction and pressurefrom skin
rubbing against bony areas when wearing shoes. If the first signs of
soreness are ignored, corns and calluses rise up as nature's way of
protecting sensitive areas.

15. There are approximately 250,000 sweat glands in a pair of feet,
and they excrete as much as half a pint of moisture each day.

16 Plantar warts are caused by a virus which may invade the sole of
the foot through cuts and breaks in the skin. Walking barefoot on
dirty pavements or littered ground can expose feet to this sometimes
painful skin infection.

17. The seven colleges of podiatric medicine all have entrance
requirements which, like institutions granting MD (medical doctor)
and DO (doctor of osteopathy) degrees, anticipate completion of an
undergraduate degree, though they will consider candidates
who show unusual promise and have completed a minimum of 90
semester hours at accredited undergraduate colleges or
universities. However, the colleges report that recent entering
classes were, on the average, almost as likely to have more than
four years of undergraduate/graduate work as less than four.

18. About 19 percent of the US population has an average of 1.4 foot
problems each year.

19. About 5 percent of the US population has foot infections,
including athlete's foot, other fungal infections, and warts each year.

20. About 5 percent of the US population has ingrown toenails or
other toenail problems each year.

21. About 5 percent of the US population has corns or calluses each
year. Of the three major types of foot problems (infections, toenails,
and corns and calluses), people are less likely to receive treatment
for corns and calluses and more likely to continue to have
corns and calluses as a problem without treatment.

22. About 6 percent of the US population has foot injuries, bunions,
and flat feet or fallen arches each year.

23. About 60 percent of all foot and ankle injuries, reported by the
US population older than 17, were sprains and strains of the ankle.

24. As a person's income increases, the prevalence of foot problems
decreases.

25. Podiatric physicians are the major providers of foot care
services, providing 39 percent of all foot care (orthopedic
physicians provide 13 percent of all foot care, all other
physicians provide 37 percent of all foot care, and physical
therapists and others provide 11 percent of all foot care).

26. Podiatric physicians are four times less likely to use costly
inpatient services than other physicians.

27. Podiatric physicians provide treatment for 82 percent of corn
and callus problems, 65 percent of toenail problems, 63 percent of
bunion problems, 46 percent of flat feet or fallen arches problems,
and 43 percent of toe/joint deformities.

28. Patients with foot problems visit podiatric physicians an average
of 3.7 times a year, orthopedic physicians 3.4, osteopathic physicians
3.2, all other physicians 3.0, and physical therapists and others 7.1.

29. As people age, they increasingly choose podiatric physicians.
Medicare data verifies that podiatric physicians are the physicians of
choice for 83 percent of hammertoe surgery, 69 percent of
metatarsal surgery, 78 percent of bunionectomy surgery, and 55
percent of rearfoot surgery. Medical Economics magazine reported
that 56 percent of all older patients have seen a podiatric physician.

30. About 5 percent of the US population sees a podiatric physician
each year. There were more than 55 million patient visits in 1995
from about 14 million people.

31. In 1994, the average number of yearly patient contacts with a
podiatric physician in a multispecialty group practice was 3,491.

32. There are about 10,735 active podiatric physicians in the United
States today. There is an average of one podiatric physician for
every 24,624 people.

33. About 84 percent of all US hospitals have podiatric physicians on
staff. The larger the hospital, the more likely it is to have podiatric
physicians on its staff.

34. About 57 percent of podiatric physicians are affiliated with
preferred provider organizations, 52 percent with nursing homes,
47 percent with health maintenance organizations, 21 percent with
academic institutions, and 12 percent with insurance companies,
utilization review firms, or peer review organizations.

35. Over the past 10 years, an average of 612 new podiatric
physicians graduated yearly from the 7 podiatric medical colleges.

36. In 1996, 49 percent of all active podiatric physicians were
certified by one or more recognized podiatric medical boards.

37. On average, the podiatric physician in the United States is 42
years old and has been in practice 13 years.

38. Over 10 percent of podiatric physicians are female.

39. About 69 percent of podiatric physicians are in solo practice.
They have an average of 3 employees.

40. The average net income for all podiatric physicians in 1992 was
$100,287. Those in multispecialty group practices averaged $129,386
in 1994. The highest net income is earned from 20 to 24 years in
practice.

41. About 48 percent of podiatric physicians have a license in 1 state,
31 percent in 2, 19 percent in 3, and 2 percent in 4 states.

http://www.apma.org/faq.html

Joe1orbit

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

hal...@aol.com (Halle 8) Wrote:

>Joe,
>

>I knew you weren't *trying* to humorous, but that's what made it even
>funnier.

Hello Halle,

I'm still pleased as punch that I can make people laugh through cyberspace.
It is a fact that I have never told a joke or made anyone smile, in real life.

>I've never heard the phrase "barking dogs" before, so I was in stitches
>(another painful-sounding condition). I really did like it, and I'll be sure
>use it.

Cool! Stitches do sound painful. I have never gotten stitches, and never have
undergone any type of surgery. Hope my good health keeps on going. You can keep
your stitches. :)

>>>A euphemism you might like to add to your collection: "Everybody's gotta
>>turn
>>>up their toes sometime" -- referring to, uh, the big chill, the dirt nap,
>>>pegging out, going south, cashing in the chips, pushing up the daisies,
>>>biting
>>>the dust, buying the farm, yielding up the ghost, answering the last
>>muster,
>>>and so forth.

>> That IS a good euphemism. I have never quite heard that expression used
>>verbally. But it is nicely descriptive. :) I will certainly try to memorize
>>it,
>>and maybe even use it in a future ATC post. Just don't hold your breath
>while
>>waiting. :)
>>
>> Take care, JOE

>I'm very glad you like it. You are an encyclopedia of foot >information.

Thank you. I do try to keep up with foot info. In fact, I bet I could do a
pretty good job of impersonating an actual podiatrist. :)

>There's
>actually a FAQ on feet, which I thought I'd post here for you:

Thanks VERY much. Always nice to read about my favorite body part and subject
topic, other than psycho killers. :) I don't have time this evening to reply
to the FAQ statements below, but they are quite accurate, at least most of
them. I have more than 250 foot related web pages bookmarked, including the
APMA web site from which you got the fascinating facts below. :)

Take care, JOE

Melissa

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Joe:

> That is an amusing thought. But actually, "barking dogs" IS a commonly used
>>euphemistic expression for sore feet! It is not unusual to hear a sore-footed
>>gal proclaim aloud, "Oh god, I've been walking around all day long, my dogs
>>are
>>really barking!" "Dogs" stands for feet, and "barking" stands for sore or
>>painful or aching. I have heard, with my own ears, women say that their "dogs
>>were barking", speaking about their sore feet. :)
>>
>> Take care, JOE

Halle:

>Joe, you just totally crack me up!
>

>A euphemism you might like to add to your collection: "Everybody's gotta turn
>up their toes sometime" -- referring to, uh, the big chill, the dirt nap,

>pegging out, going south. cashing in the chips, pushing up the daisies, biting

>the dust, buying the farm, yielding up the ghost, answering the last muster,
>and so forth.

You are probably familiar with "plates of meat" as slang for feet, Joe.

And I feel bound to add, "karking it," as in, uh, "kicking the bucket."

Melissa

Joe1orbit

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Joe1orbit Wrote:

>> That is an amusing thought. But actually, "barking dogs" IS a commonly
>used
>>>euphemistic expression for sore feet! It is not unusual to hear a
>sore-footed
>>>gal proclaim aloud, "Oh god, I've been walking around all day long, my dogs
>>>are
>>>really barking!" "Dogs" stands for feet, and "barking" stands for sore or
>>>painful or aching. I have heard, with my own ears, women say that their
>"dogs
>>>were barking", speaking about their sore feet. :)
>>>
>>> Take care, JOE

Halle:

melissa...@english.usyd.edu.au (Melissa ) Wrote:

>You are probably familiar with "plates of meat" as slang for feet, Joe.

Hello Melissa,

No, I have never heard of the expression "plates of meat" used to describe
feet. Might be a local Ozzie expression. I like it though, very descriptive.

>And I feel bound to add, "karking it," as in, uh, "kicking the >bucket."

I have heard of the term "karking it", as slang for dying. But only as a
literally reference. I've never actually HEARD any person, either in RL or on
TV, say that "He/she is about to kark it", or "I sure he/she is not doing to be
karking it anytime soon". That expression might also be more popular in The
Land of Wonder, The Land Down Under, than it is over in my neck of the woods.
:)

Take care, JOE

>Melissa

Melissa

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Joe:

> No, I have never heard of the expression "plates of meat" used to describe
>feet. Might be a local Ozzie expression. I like it though, very descriptive.

Rhyming slang used to be popular here -- now it is a little old fashioned,
and mostly just hangs around in words like "pegs" for "legs," and (uh oh)
the most common in my hearing, "septic" for American (septic tank - yank),
which probably dates from the War. My favourite was deployed as a little
song in a tv ad when I was a kid:

It's a great bag of fuit,
It's a Selvetex suit!

Joe:

> I have heard of the term "karking it", as slang for dying. But only as a
>literally reference. I've never actually HEARD any person, either in RL or on
>TV, say that "He/she is about to kark it", or "I sure he/she is not doing to be
>karking it anytime soon". That expression might also be more popular in The
>Land of Wonder, The Land Down Under, than it is over in my neck of the woods.

I bet. We say it all the time, in a jokey way, though, not to greiving
relatives! We also use it to mean, bored, irritated, as in "That movie? I
was karking it!"

Melissa

Rosecyrus

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Ok, here's a story about a painful dog foot.
I have (in addition to the JRTs) two chows,
both of which are probably dogs sociopaths.
I am probably the only person in the world
they both like and on certain days they
don't like each other. One day I had to
take them to the kennel because I was
going away on a trip. They got in a fight.
One chomped down on the other's foot.
I separated them, checked the foot and
saw some blood but nothing serious
to my mind.

When I got back I learned that the bleeding
had gotten worse so the kennel had
taken the chow to the vet who declared
the foot to be crushed and put a cast on it.

I took the casted dog home with strict
instructions to keep her quiet . The next day it
ate the cast off and was running around the
back yard. Has shown no problems since.

Joe you can imagine it was a human foot
that those powerful chow jar muscles chomped
down on and nearly crushed.

Rose

Melissa

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Rose:

>I took the casted dog home with strict

>instructions to keep her quiet. The next day it

>ate the cast off and was running around the
>back yard. Has shown no problems since.

"Don't try this at home."

Melissa

Joe1orbit

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

rose...@aol.com (Rosecyrus) Wrote:

>Ok, here's a story about a painful dog foot.
>I have (in addition to the JRTs) two chows,
>both of which are probably dogs sociopaths.
>I am probably the only person in the world
>they both like and on certain days they
>don't like each other. One day I had to
>take them to the kennel because I was
>going away on a trip. They got in a fight.
>One chomped down on the other's foot.
>I separated them, checked the foot and
>saw some blood but nothing serious
>to my mind.
>
>When I got back I learned that the bleeding
>had gotten worse so the kennel had
>taken the chow to the vet who declared
>the foot to be crushed and put a cast on it.
>

>I took the casted dog home with strict

>instructions to keep her quiet . The next day it

>ate the cast off and was running around the
>back yard. Has shown no problems since.
>

>Joe you can imagine it was a human foot
>that those powerful chow jar muscles chomped
>down on and nearly crushed.

Hello Rose,

Yes, I certainly can imagine that. Thanks for sharing yet another useful tale
of foot woe, albeit of the canine variety.

I do have quite a few fantasies involving a person stomping down upon, or
even biting, a gal's foot. My fantasies usually don't involve dogs or other
animals, but I certainly can easily envision such a scenario in my sexual
imagery.

The scenario of being in the jungle with a gal, and an elepant somhow
stepping on the gal's toes, crushing them and disabling the gal and obviously
causing tremendous pain & an inability to walk, IS a genuine sexual fantasy
that I have played out in my mind numerous times, in detail.

Take care, JOE

>Rose

Captive964

Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98

Rosecyrus wrote:
>>Ok, here's a story about a painful dog foot.

I must still be sleeping as when I read this...well, let's just say it was
lined up over on the left hand side of the page and so I thought it was a song
or poem. Of course,when I read the first line, I thought it was to the tune of
The Beverly Hillbillies.

I'm going back to bed...night.

Captive

Joe1orbit

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

Hello everyone,

I posted this rather long foot torture story to the newsgroup about 6
months ago, received a fair amount of positive feedback, so have decided
to repost it. It comes in four separate parts, I will try to post them so
that they arrive together at the newsgroup.

I welcome all feedback and comments. I have a very specific obsession
with foot abuse and foot torture of women's feet. Also I am fascinated by
any type of female foot deformity, most especially severe bunions, foot
pain or injury, toe or foot amputation, Chinese footbinding, ballerina's
in pointe shoes, extreme high heels, masochistic women who abuse their own
feet, and a whole LOT more!

I would love to hear from anyone who has similar interests, or who
wishes to share any stories, experiences, photos, or anything else
relating to these subjects. Please feel free to e-mail me. All comments
and questions are very welcome. :)

Hope you enjoy reading the story, I certainly had a lot of fun writing
it.

Take care, Joe
Marie learns a painful high heel torture lesson
By Joe, e-mail: Joe1...@aol.com
Chapter one

It had been yet another long hard day at work. Thank God today is
Friday, thought Joe as he pulled into the driveway of his modest 3 bedroom
home. Marie would be home, with a hot dinner freshly cooked, and then a
whole weekend to relax and unwind. Joe reached into the curbside mailbox
and snatched out a pile of stuff. Junk catalogs mostly, same as every day.
The monthly credit card statement bill caught his eye. Beautiful, another
installment due already. Joe & Marie were trying to pay off this credit
card, but could only afford an extra hundred dollars per month. They'd
gone up to $1800 on this card, but slowely had worked it down to only
$300. Joe idly tore open the envelope as he opened the front door. He
blinked at the balance due figure, $1049 ?? This must be a mistake,
thought Joe with growing apprehension. He scanned the document, looking
for the cause of this bizarre numerical figure. New expenses.......$749
charged to Monique's Shoe Boutique. Joe's mouth feel open, surely Marie
could not, would not, possibly have spent $749 for shoes, it was not
possible. Sure, Marie had been spending a lot of money lately on
unnecessary items, but this was too much, way beyond the pale.

"Marie! Come down here!" yelled Joe. He paced the living room as he
waited. Marie appeared at the top of the staircase "Hi honey, I have a
delicious pot roast in the oven", she said gaily, as she came down the
stairs. As usual, Marie was beautifully dressed, full make-up, stockings,
and high heels. She was a beautiful woman, and she knew this. Many times
Joe had thought about how lucky he was to have met her three years ago,
and married her two years ago. She was out of his league, in terms of
beauty. But they had fallen in love and Joe knew she was more than
beautiful. Also shy and sweet and loved pampering Joe and taking care of
the house. Joe was proud of her beauty, and appreciated the fact that she
liked dressing up for him, even though she had no job & only went out to
shop and socialize with her friends. She cultivated a glamorous image,
always dressing up before he came home. Once though, Joe had unexpectedly
come home at lunchtime, only to find Marie in her pajames, dirty
sweatsocks and slippers on. She had been very embarrassed, had actually
fled upstairs to change. Her vanity and sweetly blushing personality had
always attracted him. But lately Marie had been showing a greedy side of
her nature. A thoughtlessness regarding financial matters. Joe was happy
to support her, but this credit card prchase of $749 for shoes was
unacceptable. Drastic measures needed to be taken, Joe decided.

Joe held out the credit card statement to Marie, "What the hell is
this! Did you spend $749 on shoes this month!!?" Marie cringed at his
loud voice. "yyyesss, darling. There was a big sale. 40% of on each
pppair....." Joe grabbed her by the elbow, "come on, I wanna see what
you bought for all this money!" They went into the master bedroom, with
the walk-in closet. Dresses and slacks and skirts everywhere. But most of
all, shoes. Shoes piled up in stacks of 15 boxes, over 8 feet high.... Joe
could not believe Marie had just spent $749 for more shoes. "How many
pairs did you buy??" he asked. "aaahhhh, 11, I think," said Marie.
"Eleven?? Eleven pairs of shoes at once??" Joe shouted. "There was a big
sale, these buys were terrific....." stammered Marie. Joe knew a serious
lesson was needed, and a thought began to ferment in his brain. A way to
punish Marie, and to fulfill a lifelong fetish fantasy of his. "Let's go
Marie, you are going to gather up all eleven pairs, together with the
receipt, and we are going down to the mall and returning all the shoes",
said Joe. Marie was shocked, surely they would eat dinner first and then
discuss the matter further. But Joe had a grip on Marie's arm, and a look
in his eyes that she had never seen before. She quickly set about to
gather up the eleven pairs of shoes. Most were fashion pumps, but with
only a moderate 2 inch heel. Marie loved dressing up, but her feet did not
enjoy high heels very much. Usually at dinner she would discreetly slip
off her shoes as they ate. In public also, she would ease off her shoes at
times, to gain some relief. But she was very shy about anyone noticing her
doing this, and would furtively glance around to make sure nobody was
looking at her unshod feet.

Marie gathered up the boxes of shoes and the receipt in resigned
sadness. Deep in her heart she knew she should not have bought the shoes,
she knew money was tight. Joe reached over to a pair of 3 inch pumps,
black suede, that Marie had bought about a year ago, they were very
elegant and pretty, although a bit too high in the heel for Marie's
tastes. "Wear these", said Joe. Again Marie was surprised, Joe had never
told her what shoes to wear before. She would have preferred a lower heel,
especially for a casual trip to the mall. But she simply smiled and nodded
her okay. No point in getting Joe mad at me again, she thought.

Carrying the shoes in 2 large shopping bags, Marie made her way
outside to the car. "No car, were gonna take the bus", said Joe. "What's
wrong with the car", said Marie in concern. Obviously they would be taking
the car, unless it's broken down, thought Marie. "Don't worry about it"
said Joe. "Let's go to the bus stop." It was a 4 block walk to the bus
stop, and they would have to change buses once to connect to the mall bus.
Marie regretted having worn the 3 inch black suede pumps as they slowely
made their way to the bus stop. They reached the stop and Marie placed the
2 large shoe filled bags down, sighing as she did so. They stood waiting,
Marie shifting her weight from foot to foot. Joe took the opportunity to
study Marie's feet, even though he had done so many times before. They
were size 8, a perfect size 8, on her 5' 7" body. Joe had a foot fetish,
Marie knew this. He often kissed and massaged and stroked her feet before
sex. Many times he even came on her feet. Marie didn't know if that was a
good thing....But she accepted it, as loving partners do. What Marie did
not know was that Joe also had a dark side to his foot fetish. A side that
including fantasies of hurting Marie's feet, of abusing them.... But Marie
was soon to find out the extent of Joe's fantasies.

Chapter Two

They soon arrived at the mall, and with Marie leading the way, made
their way to Monique's Shoe Boutique. Joe had never been to the store
before, as they only sold women's shoes. The salesman immediately
recognized Marie as she came in, she was a frequent customer, and even
more frequent browser. "Hello Marie, how are you today?", he called out.
Marie blushed, this was an awkward situation, returning eleven pairs of
shoes. Joe spoke on her behalf, "My wife needs to return these eleven
pairs of shoes she bought here, we have the receipt right here, all of the
shoes are in perfect condition, have never been worn outside." The
salesman's face fell. This was not a pleasant turn of events. He turned to
Marie, "what is wrong, were all the shoes uncomfortable", he asked with
some confusion. Marie blushed and could not reply. "She has no use for
them. They are not suitable for her." said Joe. Joe looked around the
store. A pair of 4 1/2 high heel stiletto gold patent pumps with a closed
pointy toe grabbed his attention. He picked up the shoe and examined it. "
We need to return all eleven pairs, and buy one pair of these gold pumps,
in size 6." Marie turned to him in astonishment, mouth wide open. What
was Joe saying, she tried to understand his meaning as she looked at the
gold pump he was holding in his hand. "Sir??" , said the salesman, as he
glanced at the shoe and at Marie's feet. Marie wore a size 8, the salesman
was certain of this. "Just do what I say", said Joe. "Make out a refund
for the eleven pairs we are returning, and bring me one pair of these gold
pumps in size 6." The salesman remained confused, but began checking the
receipt, and examining each pair of shoes that were being returning. They
indeed were all in mint, unworn condition. Marie continued to gaze at Joe
with true bewilderment as they waited for the salesman to finish. Why in
the world would Joe buy a pair of those very high 4 1/2 pumps in that loud
color of patent gold, and in size 6??? thought Marie. It made no sense at
all. "Joe darling..." began Marie. But Joe cut her off with a finger to
his mouth. "l know what i'm doing", he said. But Marie could not help
blurting out "Joe, my shoe size is 8, not 6!" Joe merely leaned over and
whispered into her ear, "I know what size you wear", as a strange
expression passed over his face.

The salesman returned carrying a wad of cash, and a shoe box. "Here
you go", he said somewhat reluctently, "Your full refund of $749". Joe
held out his hand and took the thick wad of cash. "And here are the gold
pumps in size....6", he said, eyes once again upon Marie's feet. "How much
are the shoes?", asked Joe. "$59.99", said the salesman. Joe smiled, a
small price to pay for realizing a lifelong fantasy, thought Joe. We'll
take the shoes", said Joe briskly, as he checked the size on the shoebox
edge and confirmed they were indeed size 6.

Chapter Three

Marie and Joe slowely walked out of the shoe store, Marie's cheeks
ablaze. "That was very embarrassing", she whispered. "And what in the
world possessed you to buy those gold stiletto shoes in size 6???" Joe
took Marie's arm and guided her to a wooden bench on the side aisle of the
mall walkway. "Let's sit down" he said. They sat, and Joe reached down
towards her feet. With a quick motion he pulled off her left shoe, and
reached towards the right one. "What the Hell is this??" She exclaimed,
using the mild obscenity in her shock over what was happening. "Marie,
take off your other shoe", said Joe, a cruel inflection to his voice.
Marie stared at him. "What is this Joe, what is going on here??" Joe gazed
steadily at her "You are going to be punished for buying those eleven
pairs of shoes. You are going to be taught a painful lesson, that you will
remember for a long time to come, especially whenever you feel the urge to
buy new shoes. Now, take off your other shoe right now!!" Marie was
frightened, Never in their 3 year relationship had Joe spoken to her in
this way, with this tone of voice. She did not know what to think, or what
to say. She merely sat up straight, and allowed Joe to reach down and take
off her other shoe.

"Stay here", Joe commanded, as he stood up with the 2 black suede pumps
that Marie had been wearing. Carrying them in hand, Joe briskly got up and
walked to a nearby trash can, where he shoved in the pair of shoes. Marie
watched Joe in astonishment as he did this, and then returned to the
bench. "You just threw away a perfectly good pair of shoes, Joe. How could
you do that??", exclaimed Marie as she glanced down and began to blush
over her exposed feet, clad only in a pair of nude colored, sheer
stockings. Joe reached into the bag and pulled out the shoebox with the
size 6 gold stiletto pumps. He pulled out the shoes and set them down on
the floor. "Put them on", ordered Joe. Marie nearly laughed, despite her
confusion and distress. "Joe, those shoes are size 6, I wear a size 8.
There is no way I could put those on. And look at that heel, 4 1/2 inches,
you know that 3 inches is my absolute limit." Joe reached down towards
Marie's feet, and grasped the left one by the ankle joint. Roughly he
manuevered her foot inside the left shoe. It was obvious they were far too
small. Her heel hung out the back of the closed shoe by a good inch and a
half.

"There is no way I can put these on, much less stand up in them", Marie
emphatically declared. Joe pulled Marie's foot slightly out
of the shoe, so that her toes were visible. "Listen Marie," he said "You
must bend all your toes down, flex them down as much as you can while I
shove your foot into the shoe. Don't keep the toes straight, bend them all
the way, and keep them bent as i'm pushing on your foot". Marie heard his
words, and though she could not make sense of why this was happening, she
knew she must obey. Joe bent down and grasped her foot firmly by the
ankle, making sure he had a solid grip through her slippery sheer nylons.
With his other hand he slowely guided the foot into the shoe, and then
placed his index finger near the back of the heel. "Now, Marie, bend your
toes all the way down. Do it now!", Joe said, and as he said this he
pushed with all his strength upon Marie's ankle, forcing her foot into the
shoe. "Bend the toes!!", he whispered fiercely, as he continued pushing.
He could see it was going to be very difficult. He manuevered his index
finger on his other hand until it was just inside the closed heel of the
shoe, and pulled back on the shoe material, at the same time as he pushed
her foot forward mightily with his other hand. Almost got it.....thought
Joe, his own face flushing with the exertion. With a final heave, Marie's
heel managed to just about make it inside the closed back of the pump. But
Joe's index finger was trapped back there. He gritted his teeth, this
would be tricky. Pull out the finger while pushing in the heel of Marie's
foot... He gave a final push and pulled out his finger, feeling skin
peeling off his knuckle. Mission aaccomplished! Joe sat up and took
several deep breaths, examining his skinned and bruised index finger. It
hurt, but was not actually bleeding. Marie sat there, her mind awirl. Her
left foot felt like a damn sardine, wedging and crammed inside a shoe far
too small. She could not move any part of her left foot. The toes were
bent over double inside the pointy closed toe box, and could not be moved
even a tiny fraction, so jammed into the shoe were they. Well, standing up
in this shoe was going to be impossible, much less taking a step, Marie
knew this for certain.

Joe reached down for her right foot, as Marie grabbed his hand. "Joe,
this is crazy." She remarked. "My toes are crushed and lying on top of
each other inside the shoe. They are killing me already. I can't possibly
stand or walk in these shoes. Just go back to the garbage can and dig out
those black pumps so we can go home and forget this nonsense." Joe looked
at her steadily. "Do you love me?" he asked. The question truly startled
Marie. "Oh course I love you, Joe, you know I love you with all my heart."
Her heart began to thump "Joe, Do you llllooove mmmeee" she fearfully
stammered out the words. Joe looked at her steadily. "I do love you
Marie", he said, and her heart soared. "But this punishment must be given
to you. You must learn the value of money. There will be a lot of pain
over the next few hours, but always remember that I do love you, and that
this pain and punishment will make our marriage stronger." Once again
Marie was speechless with surprise, trying to digest the unusual words
that Joe had spoken. Joe took this opportunity to grasp Marie's right
foot, and to begin the arduous process of maneuvering her foot fully
inside of the much too small size 6 shoe. Her right foot was fractionally
larger than her left, which made the process even more difficult than her
left foot had been. Joe was truly sweating from exertion as he pushed on
her foot with one hand, grasping it around the ankle, and skinned &
bruised his index finger once again while trying to stretch back the heel
of the shoe to allow Marie's foot to fit inside. All the while Marie made
soft noises of pain and winced in agony, as she felt her poor delicate
foot being shoved and manhandled into a true torture device, which only
masqueraded as an ordinary shoe. Her embarrassment over having this done
to her in a public place was extreme. She felt the eyes of fellow mall
shoppers upon her as they walked by and saw Joe trying desperately to
manipulate her feet into the shoes. She did bend and scrunch up her toes,
just so that the ordeal would be over.

Chapter Four

Finally the right foot was fully inserted inside the shoe.It felt
even worse than the left one, if that were possible. The foot was totally
immobilized inside the shoe. The toes were bent over double, piled on top
of each other, the fifth baby toe being especially unbearable, jammed into
the hard leather of the toe box with a degree of force Marie had never
dreamed possible. In addition, Marie's toenails had been in need of a
trimming. Now the sharp nails dug into the tender flesh on the sides of
her toes. The toes could not be moved at all, so jammed and packed into
the tiny size 6 shoe were they.

Marie turned to Joe,eyes wide in pain. "Okay, Joe, I've learned my
lesson. I'll never ever buy anything without telling you, and asking for
permission. Now, please, let me take off these torture shoes. I don't even
know if I can pull them off myself, they are so incredibly tight!" Joe
smiled, "We are going to go home now. And you will wear these shoes all
the way home, but before we go home, we will make a stop at the
supermarket so that you can learn what to properly spend money on!" Marie
got a very serious expression on her face. "Listen to me, Joe, I cannot
walk in these shoes. It's impossible! Even sitting here my toes are being
crushed, my toenails are cutting into the sides of my toes! And these are
4 1/2 inch high heels, If I stand up all the weight will be on my toes. I
just can't walk, Joe!!!" Joe reached over to hug her. His touch felt good
after the strange events of the past few hours. "It'll be okay" said Joe
softly. I'll help you,I'll be right by your side all the time, and when we
get home I'll take care of your injured feet, I promise. But right now, we
have to finish this punishment, I'll help you though this, because I love
you." With this Joe tenderly kissed Marie on the lips, then stood up and
held out his arms towards her.

Chapter Five

Marie whimpered in misery as she slowely wiggled her bottom forward
on the bench. Finally she was perched on the edge. She looked down at her
feet in amazement. The size 6 shoes looked so tiny, she could not believe
her own size 8 feet were inside of those closed toe and heel gold colored
pumps with a 4 1/2 inch heel and a tiny narrow toe box. But the pain was
enough to convince her that this was no dream or nightmare, but true
reality. How could she stand or walk in these shoes? Marie had no idea,
but Joe was standing, looking impatient, and holding out his arm for her
to grasp.

Marie pushed her pocketbook up over her shoulder, and reaching out
with both hands, grasped Joe's forearm, pulling herself up onto her feet.
A wave of pain shot through both her feet as her crushed and twisted toes
were pushed into the hard leather of the tiny toe box. She gasped aloud
and nearly fell, but Joe grabbed her with his other arm and steadied her
upright. "Oh Joe, I can't!!" whimpered Marie, as Joe took a step forward
and tried to drag Marie, who was holding on fiercely to his forearm,
along. "You can walk", said Joe. "Just put one foot in front of the other,
like you've been doing all your life." Marie miserably shuffled a step
forward, barely lifting up her foot from the ground. "Aaaaahhhhhhhh", she
moaned aloud, feeling her toes being squashed and pressed into the
unyielding shoe leather. "Come on Marie, we have a long trip home, and we
have to stop at the supermarket too", remarked Joe. Marie suddenly
remembered that they had taken the bus to the mall. "Taxi", she said
emphatically. "call for a taxi, Joe, right now." But Joe merely smiled,
"You know how tight money is these days. The buses run fine, and if we're
lucky, there will be available seats on the bus." Marie rolled her eyes
and prayed to God that seats would indeed be available.

Continuing to tightly grasp Joe's forearm, Marie very slowely
hobbled through the mall, towards the outdoor bus stop. Her progress was
truly creeping, as she shuffled along. An involuntary groan of pain
escaped her lips with each 2nd step. The right foot was especially bad,
with the baby toe wedged into an impossible position, crushed against the
edge of the toe box, and the toenail of her fourth toe being ragged and
cutting like a knife into the side of her third toe. She shuffled forward,
aware of other mall shoppers staring at her. She could see their
inquisitive expressions, trying to understand what was wrong. Had she
sprained an ankle? Was she having stomach cramps? She knew she looked
ridiculous, hobbling along in those 4 1/2 inch high gold pumps like a 95
year old woman about to keel over. Her face was aflame with embarrassment,
but the pain she was feeling in her feet overwhelmed all other sensations.

They finally reached the mall entry door and Joe gallantly held
open the heavy door for Marie as she hobbled out. The hard concrete
sidewalk was torturous to Marie as she staggered towards a bench. She
actually lifted up her left foot normally and took a long stride, so
anxious was she to reach the bench and sit down. As she put that left foot
down she could feel an especially intense jolt of pain over the knuckle of
her second toe, then felt a warm sensation in the same area. "Oh God", she
gasped softly. "I think it's starting to bleed, my bent over second toe
has been rubbing against the top of the shoe, and now I think it's
bleeding!" Marie looked at Joe, her lovely face screwed up in misery as
she said this. Joe held her elbow and let Marie take some weight off her
left foot as she staggered the final steps to the bench, and sank down
upon it. Sitting, she held both her feet up from the ground and tried to
will away the intense pain. The shoes felt as though they were molded and
glued onto her feet. She honestly doubted if she had the physical strength
to wrench them off her agonized feet, but she sure felt like trying. As if
reading her thoughts, Joe bent down and whispered into her ear, "Do not
even think about taking off the shoes until we get home." Once again
Marie beseeched God to grant her the strength to endure the pain that
still lay ahead.

An older lady sitting next to Marie on the bench noticed her distress
and peered down at her feet. "Long day shopping, dear?" she enquired. "You
really should wear more practical shoes, like mine", said the older lady,
as she flexed her feet with white tennis sneakers on. Marie could only try
to smile through her agony as she gazed at the comfortable sneakers and
felt the hot agony of her own crushed and mashed toes. Her heels were not
being spared any pain either. The extremely tight shoes were digging into
her heels and rubbing them raw with every step.

(Continued in part #2, separate post)

Martha Sprowles

Jan 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/3/98

Dear Joe,

This is REALLY, really good! and HOT, too. I think you must be a
professional pornographer <g>.

Martha

Martha Sprowles

Jan 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/3/98

Joe1orbit wrote:

> Martha Sprowles <spro...@nospam.erols.com> Wrote:
>
> >Dear Joe,
>
> Hello Martha,

> >This is REALLY, really good!
>
> Thank you! I've written dozens of similar foot pain/abuse/deformity stories
> over the years, that are just as long and intense as this one. But all of those
> are handwritten. This is the only one that I've typed up on the keyboard.
>
> > and HOT, too.
>
> Well, I write all of my stories with the intent of making only ONE human
> being "hot", and that is myself. :) I really never gave a thought as to
> whether anyone else might enjoy or find eroticism in this, or any of the dozens
> of stories I've written. I write them all with only one purpose, abd that is to
> excite and thrill myself. I'm a narcissist, you know. :)

Hey, Joe! Aren't we all!

By HOT, I meant that you capture the dominant/submissive (and I don't
mean this in the way Captive does, not erotic over/under type thing)
relationship that is central to great pornography. The Joe character in
your story loves Marie and cares for her, but still forces her to do
things that hurt her, for his sexual gratification. And in the story,
although we are aware that Marie is enduring terrible pain and
humiliation, her love for Joe (and even more, her knowledge of his love
for her) makes this OK--she's not really willing, but not really
unwilling, either. At least that's what appeals to me about the story.
Anyway, good job.

> > I think you must be a
> >professional pornographer <g>.
>

> I don't discuss how I earn my money, therefore I cannot confirm or deny your
> hypothesis. But if you think about it, you'll probably realize that this guess
> of yours is somewhat unlikely to be accurate. :)

Oh, you know I was teasing. For one thing, if I were a professional
pornographer, I wouldn't be giving it away free on the internets!

It's funny, but I have never been curious about your way of earning a
living, nor do I ever think much about where you go on your trips. I do
find you very interesting (and of course a genius), but I don't have any
interest in trying to find out anything you don't volunteer. Actually,
except for my curiosity about Captive, that's kind of how I feel about
most of the people I like here. I do know a little more about some than
about others, and some of us may actually meet in Real Life at some
point, but things like actual names, or anything that hasn't been
volunteered somehow to me just doesn't exist.

Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I "Martha" or am I a real
person? One never knows, do one?

Martha, or "Martha"

> Take care, JOE
> >
> >Martha

Joe1orbit

Jan 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/4/98

Martha Sprowles <spro...@nospam.erols.com> Wrote:

>Dear Joe,

Hello Martha,

>This is REALLY, really good!

Thank you! I've written dozens of similar foot pain/abuse/deformity stories
over the years, that are just as long and intense as this one. But all of those
are handwritten. This is the only one that I've typed up on the keyboard.

> and HOT, too.

Well, I write all of my stories with the intent of making only ONE human
being "hot", and that is myself. :) I really never gave a thought as to
whether anyone else might enjoy or find eroticism in this, or any of the dozens
of stories I've written. I write them all with only one purpose, abd that is to
excite and thrill myself. I'm a narcissist, you know. :)

> I think you must be a
>professional pornographer <g>.

I don't discuss how I earn my money, therefore I cannot confirm or deny your
hypothesis. But if you think about it, you'll probably realize that this guess
of yours is somewhat unlikely to be accurate. :)

Take care, JOE

>Martha

GMSpider

Jan 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/4/98

In article <19980104201...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, firef...@aol.com
(Firefly192) writes:

>Martha Sprowles <spro...@nospam.erols.com> wrote:
>I do know a little more
>about some than
>about others, and some of us may actually meet in Real Life
>at some
>point, but things like actual names, or anything that hasn't
>been
>volunteered somehow to me just doesn't exist.
>
>Am I the only one who
>feels this way? Am I "Martha" or am I a real
>person? One never knows, do
>one?

I totally understand what you mean, but I want to think awhile before
respond. It's kind of complicated and I want to get it right.
Dwelling
>on this question,
--Steph

I feel the same way, Martha. Whatever people want to tell me
is OK and what they don't is OK too. Don't know how in the
world people can get so obscessed with this, don't they have a
real life? They poke and pry and carry on , sheeeshhhh. How
boring. Frankly, I know too many people already. :) (That's
a joke, but I do know a lot of people).

I'm quite sure that some of us will meet in real life but, if not,
so what? Have fun while we can.

Grandma
Visit the Girl Gang Web Pages at
http://members.aol.com/gmspider/index.html

Firefly192

Jan 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/4/98

Joe1orbit

Jan 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/4/98

Joe1...@aol.com Wrote:

>> Hello Martha,

>> >This is REALLY, really good!

>> Thank you! I've written dozens of similar foot pain/abuse/deformity
>stories
>> over the years, that are just as long and intense as this one. But all of
>those
>> are handwritten. This is the only one that I've typed up on the keyboard.

>> > and HOT, too.

>> Well, I write all of my stories with the intent of making only ONE human
>> being "hot", and that is myself. :) I really never gave a thought as to
>> whether anyone else might enjoy or find eroticism in this, or any of the
>dozens
>> of stories I've written. I write them all with only one purpose, abd that
>is to
>> excite and thrill myself. I'm a narcissist, you know. :)

>Hey, Joe! Aren't we all!

Hello Martha,

I think that we all should be narcissists, but a great many humans are beaten
down by their society, and accept the messages of individual worthlessness that
their society seeks to brainwash them into accepting.

>By HOT, I meant that you capture the dominant/submissive (and I don't
>mean this in the way Captive does, not erotic over/under type thing)
>relationship that is central to great pornography.

Thanks! I do have my dominant side, when it comes to my foot fetish. It's
quite unusual, because the VAST majority of male foot fetishists are either
submissive or neutral. VERY few male foot fetishists are dominant or seek to
impose ANY type of pain or distress upon female feet.

>The Joe character in
>your story loves Marie and cares for her, but still forces her to do
>things that hurt her, for his sexual gratification.

Yes indeed. This is one major theme of some of my fantasies, but certainly
not all of them.

One of the MOST erotic scenarios in my mind involves a purely masochistic
woman who deliberately hurts and injures and causes herself foot pain,
specifically because she is a masochist and derives sexual/emotional pleasure
via the act of hurting her own feet. Most of those fantasy scenarios have NO
type of dominant attitude or actions on my part at all.

> And in the story,
>although we are aware that Marie is enduring terrible pain and
>humiliation, her love for Joe (and even more, her knowledge of his love
>for her) makes this OK--she's not really willing, but not really
>unwilling, either. At least that's what appeals to me about the story.

I appreciate your point. To me, the story have tremendous appeal, on MANY
different levels. But yes, the love aspect of the interaction between Joe &
Marie is one key element of the fantasy, that adds to mty excitement/enjoyment
when "playing out" the fantasy in my mind.

>Anyway, good job.

Thanks!

>> > I think you must be a
>> >professional pornographer <g>.

>> I don't discuss how I earn my money, therefore I cannot confirm or deny
>your
>> hypothesis. But if you think about it, you'll probably realize that this
>guess
>> of yours is somewhat unlikely to be accurate. :)

>Oh, you know I was teasing.

I suspected you were, but was not 100% certain.

> For one thing, if I were a professional
>pornographer, I wouldn't be giving it away free on the internets!

Good point.

>It's funny, but I have never been curious about your way of earning a
>living, nor do I ever think much about where you go on your >trips.

That is because you are a Well Washed human being, Martha. Unlike the vast
and fetid Unwashed Masses who infest this planet, as well as infesting the
Other Place. :)

>I do
>find you very interesting (and of course a genius), but I don't have any
>interest in trying to find out anything you don't volunteer.

I appreciate that very much. And thanks for feeding my hungry ego, by
confirming my "genius" status. :)

>Actually,
>except for my curiosity about Captive, that's kind of how I feel about

>most of the people I like here. I do know a little more about some than

>about others, and some of us may actually meet in Real Life at some
>point, but things like actual names, or anything that hasn't been
>volunteered somehow to me just doesn't exist.

I like your attitude and your style, Martha.

>Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I "Martha" or am I a real
>person? One never knows, do one?
>

>Martha, or "Martha"

I'm too much of a narcissist to ever spend time thinking about or trying to
figure out the real life truth about others. In fact, I have NEVER done a Deja
News author profile on ANYONE, not even my enemies, because I simply do not
care in the slightest who they are or what other NG's they frequent, etc...

Take care, JOE

>> >Martha

Lisa B.

Jan 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/4/98

On Sat, 03 Jan 1998 23:09:59 -0500, Martha Sprowles
<spro...@nospam.erols.com> wrote:

>Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I "Martha" or am I a real
>person? One never knows, do one?
>
>Martha, or "Martha"

That's similar to something I was pondering late one holiday night
while waiting for the asthma meds to kick in.
I'd been reading the Susan Smith book written by her ex, and it struck
me--he went through all those changes based on what he'd been_told_.
First, she told him she'd been hijacked, and he felt loving and
protective toward her, even though their marriage was over.

Then, the officials told him she'd lied and his boys were dead. He
went through all the grief/rage bit, which can kill you, or cause you
to kill someone else. He never saw his boys, it was closed casket.
He went through all these physiological/emotional changes based on
WORDS. Interesting.

I've never been much of a liar, but how fascinating that you can
change someone's whole reality through words. "Sticks and stones" my
ass. Sort of makes one wonder about the stuff we've been told all our
lives.

Lisa

DOG3

Jan 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/5/98

>I'm quite sure that some of us will meet in real life but, if not,
>so what? Have fun while we can.
>
>Grandma
>Visit the Girl Gang Web Pages at
>http://members.aol.com/gmspider/index.html

Of all the online activities, I hope I meet you and Martha. Othewise, it's
all online stuff. Wanna meet Halle also. It's only newsgroups........LOL

Michael
@ Lovers come and go. The dogs are always faithful.
~ Lead me not into temptation. I'll find it myself.

Eric Saeger

Jan 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/5/98

Joe1orbit wrote:
> I think that we all should be narcissists, but a great many humans
> are beaten down by their society, and accept the messages of
> individual worthlessness that their society seeks to brainwash them
> into accepting.

Oh yeah. Nietszche (sp?) said in Beyond Good and Evil: "All pleasure
desires deep, deep eternity." I haven't been the same since I read
that, not that that would excuse any previous behavior or frenzied
dedication to bachelorhood, heh heh.

--
Insert rotating skull ANI GIF here
Remove NOSPAM* to replay

DOG3

Jan 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/5/98

> I like your attitude and your style, Martha.
>
>>Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I "Martha" or am I a real
>>person? One never knows, do one?
>>
>>Martha, or "Martha"
>
> I'm too much of a narcissist to ever spend time thinking about or trying to
>figure out the real life truth about others. In fact, I have NEVER done a
>Deja
>News author profile on ANYONE, not even my enemies, because I simply do not
>care in the slightest who they are or what other NG's they frequent, etc...
>
> Take care, JOE

It makes no dif to me. I think you're both great. Online personalities
.........whatever.......Who cares.

SSherr1033

Jan 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/5/98

Martha & Steph,

In many respects I agree with you both, I think we, as posters, show more of
who we really are than we would like to think.

On the other hand, I would like to know more about Joe (and many other people).
I'm nosey. But, I also respect his right & desire to maintain his privacy. I
feel that whatever anyone shares that is truly who they are is a gift they
choose to share and I wouldn't want to overstep..... Damn, I sound so P.C. it
scares me.

Sherr
Sharing.......

DOG3

Jan 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/5/98

Dammit. I want to know more about everyone. I've tried with Joe. No success
there. That's cool though. I'm nosey too, but, would not overstep either. I
wanna know !!!!!!!

GMSpider

Jan 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/6/98

(LITTLEPJoo) writes:

>Michael wrote:

>Dammit. I want to know more about everyone. I've tried
>with Joe. No
>success
>there. That's cool though. I'm nosey too, but,
>would not overstep either.
>wanna know !!!!!!!
>
>Michael

Same here
>Michael. I'm always wondering what everyone looks like, cars they
drive, etc.
>I KNOW what everyone likes to eat. Same as me, that's why I'm here.

Really
>like my new friends,
PJ

Me too, PJ.. I drive a Buick. :) Pack a pistol, too so, don't try
to surprise Granny. :)

Grandma

DOG3

Jan 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/6/98

>No gun here, PJ, but I drive a dark blue 94 Dodge Caravan, usually very
>dirty. A little white paint on the front bumper from when the garage
>door got in my way.
>
>Martha

We have a '91 Buick Lesabre (maroon) and a '92 Jeep Cherokee (Black). Both
under 40,000 miles as we walk to work. We both have handguns. My Jeep has a
dented front fender when I hit the parking meter.

glas

Jan 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/6/98

GMSpider wrote ...

|In article <19980106051...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
littl...@aol.com
|(LITTLEPJoo) writes:
|
|>Michael wrote:
|
|>Dammit. I want to know more about everyone. I've tried
|>with Joe. No
|>success
|>there. That's cool though. I'm nosey too, but,
|>would not overstep either.
|>wanna know !!!!!!!
|>
|>Michael
|
|Same here
|>Michael. I'm always wondering what everyone looks like, cars they
|drive, etc.
|>I KNOW what everyone likes to eat. Same as me, that's why I'm here.
|

|Really
|>like my new friends,
|PJ
|

|Me too, PJ.. I drive a Buick. :) Pack a pistol, too so, don't try
|to surprise Granny. :)
|
|Grandma

Ford Tempo here, one of the ugliest cars I've ever owned, but hey, it is
very low maintanence. Don't carry any weapons tho, other than my big mouth
: ) I let my husband do all my dirty work. He's a big guy. Whenever I piss
someone off on the highway or out and about, I always think to myself,
"Sorry about that, follow me home if you want, let me introduce you to my
husband. He's my personal complaint department".

glas

Firefly192

Jan 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/6/98

Martha Sprowles <spro...@nospam.erols.com> wrote:
>I do know a little more about some than
>about others, and some of us may actually meet in Real Life at some
>point, but things like actual names, or anything that hasn't been
>volunteered somehow to me just doesn't exist.
>
>Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I "Martha" or am I a real
>person? One never knows, do one?

Well, Martha, I've thought about this, and this is what I've come up with:

I take everybody totally at face value, and "make them into real people" based
on what they reveal in their posts. In other words, I take everything they say
about themselves as absolutely true, and then I fill in what's necessary from
my imagination to create a whole human being. So to answer your question: To
me, you're an absolutely real person, and so is everybody else here. And
you're partly of my making, and partly of your making.

But you're right -- One never knows. Unless we meet someday.

Getting a little shivery,
--Steph

Martha Sprowles

Jan 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/6/98

GMSpider wrote:

> In article <19980106051...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, littl...@aol.com
> (LITTLEPJoo) writes:
>
> >Michael wrote:
>
> >Dammit. I want to know more about everyone. I've tried
> >with Joe. No
> >success
> >there. That's cool though. I'm nosey too, but,
> >would not overstep either.
> >wanna know !!!!!!!
> >
> >Michael
>
> Same here
> >Michael. I'm always wondering what everyone looks like, cars they
> drive, etc.
> >I KNOW what everyone likes to eat. Same as me, that's why I'm here.
>
> Really
> >like my new friends,
> PJ
>
> Me too, PJ.. I drive a Buick. :) Pack a pistol, too so, don't try
> to surprise Granny. :)
>
> Grandma

No gun here, PJ, but I drive a dark blue 94 Dodge Caravan, usually very

LITTLEPJoo

Jan 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/6/98

KLBKRN

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

In article <34B26E...@erols.com>, Martha Sprowles
<spro...@nospam.erols.com> writes:

>No gun here, PJ, but I drive a dark blue 94 Dodge Caravan, usually
>very
dirty. A little white paint on the front bumper from when the
>garage
door got in my way.

Martha

Acura Integra 91 blue of course ;-) no guns, just 2 ferocious, snarling with
their tails a waggin, terrior mixes.
Katie

avrum flisfeder

Jan 28, 2022, 7:57:08 AM1/28/22
I love to hear from women with amputated toes one or more or all.Please email me at:avru...@gmail.com
Thank you all

Roby C

Aug 28, 2022, 12:32:16 PM8/28/22
Hello Joe1orbit
The story is just great.
I don't know how to contact you because I shared your story with your credits on DevianArt.
Is this a problem ?
If this is a problem I will remove your story from there.
Thank you