Waffle House in VA???

1 view

Robes7

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

Could anyone out there tell me which Waffle House is closest to Washington
D.C.

Thanks!

-Robes

The Bote Man

May 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/14/97

Robes7 wrote:
> Could anyone out there tell me which Waffle House is closest to Washington
> D.C.

See http://www.access.digex.net/~bote/wafflehs.html

The physically closest is at the Dumfries exit of I-95 on State Route
234,
but service there is variable. For a better bet, keep on keepin on
to Fredericksburg and try the one on U.S.17 north of town at exit 133.
It's the traditional "postage stamp" plan-o-gram Waffle House with
good food and good service.

I went to the one at exit 130 a couple weeks ago and it was OK, too,
but it's the new open-air layout and has a different atmosphere.
Plus, the poor old waitress was getting weeded with only 3 tables
including me; she was at the end of a double shift I think.

We need to picket the W.H. headquarters and DEMAND that they open
up restaurants in the D.C. area! I mean, our slimy politicians need
to eat also, you know! This is vital to our national security!!

Bote

Brian Clarke

May 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/18/97

>We need to picket the W.H. headquarters and DEMAND that they open
>up restaurants in the D.C. area! I mean, our slimy politicians need
>to eat also, you know! This is vital to our national security!!

I'll second that.

I posted an account of a "bad food slow" experience at the Dumb-fries WH
a couple months back. Just had a great one at a Richmond (Broad Street)
location, though.

Cheers,
Brian