Re: CHINESE CRAP Beyond Meat cuts 19% of workers including COO accused of biting man's nose in road rage incident; stock crashes

Screw Woke

Oct 16, 2022, 5:20:02 AM10/16/22
In article <svj5nt$1ue4e$1...@news.freedyn.de>
"Trump" <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Only an idiot would believe "plant-based" "meat" from China is an acceptable food.

Beyond Meat has fired the executive accused of becoming violent
after a college football game along with 19% of its workforce as
the demand for plant-based meat cools down.

In a Monday report, Beyond Meat announced that Friday would be
the last day for their Chief Operating Officer who was suspended
in September. The plant-based company's stock was down over 9%
as of Saturday morning, according to CNBC.

Although it remains unclear exactly how many employees were let
go, the company ended 2021 with about 1,100 employees.

Related video: Beyond Meat Slashes 19% of Workforce, Cuts
Guidance

On Friday, Beyond Meat announced in a news release that its 2022
net revenues likely will decrease by as much as 14% from that of
2021. In the last 12 months, sales of meat substitutes fell
nearly 11%, according to IRI data.

The release also included comments from Chief Executive Officer
Ethan Brown on internal changes at the company.

"While we believe the current headwinds facing our business and
category—including record inflation—are transient, our mission,
brand, and long-term opportunity endure," Brown said.

"To manage through the current environment and realize the
opportunity ahead, we are significantly reducing expenses and
sharpening our focus on a set of key growth priorities," he
continued.

COO Doug Ramsey was suspended from the company after police said
he bit and ripped "the flesh" off a man's nose during a minor
parking garage accident following a University of Arkansas
football game, Insider's Samantha Delouya reported. Ramsey was
charged with third-degree battery and one count of terroristic
threatening, according to Washington County Police.

Ramsey's alleged road rage isn't the first sign of trouble for
Beyond Meat. According to an August report from Bloomberg, the
company eliminated 40 job positions as part of cost-cutting
plans.

"While difficult, this decision is one piece of our larger
strategy to reduce operating expenses and support sustainable
growth," Brown said in a memo viewed by Bloomberg.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/beyond-meat-cuts-19percent-
of-workers-including-coo-accused-of-biting-mans-nose-in-road-
rage-incident-stock-crashes/ar-AA12ZLAI?li=BBnb7Kz