Burito recipe

Raphael Huwiler

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99

Hello Guys !

Does any of you have an idea how to cook a good Burito ??

I lost the recipe.

As I'd like to organize a party soon, it would be great if somebody sent me
some information on the preparation of Buritos .

Thank you.

Raf

TMOliver

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99

Dear Raf,
I have given careful thought to your query. Good burritos may be
grilled, broiled, or sauteed, while older animals benefit from slow,
moist cooking. Some dispute exists as to whether corn or oat fed burro
provides the best cuts, but across Apacheria, examples fattened on
flame-throwered prickly pear are cherished for their sweet meat. Most
of what is sold in Mexico as "burrito" is actually "burro" treated with
lots of tenderizer.

--
TMOliver, el pelon sinverguenza
From a small observatory overlooking McLennan Crossing

- VESPER ADEST IUVENES CONSURGITE -
Catullus

mexicanf...@about.com

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99

> > Does any of you have an idea how to cook a good Burito ??
...Good burritos may be

> grilled, broiled, or sauteed, while older animals benefit from slow,
> moist cooking. Some dispute exists as to whether corn or oat fed
burro
> provides the best cuts, but across Apacheria, examples fattened on
> flame-throwered prickly pear are cherished for their sweet meat. Most
> of what is sold in Mexico as "burrito" is actually "burro" treated
with
> lots of tenderizer.
>
> --
> TMOliver, el pelon sinverguenza

Afer agreeing with the last poster-I did go in search of the kind of
burrito that may fit well at a party. here is a recipe I like pulled
from Sharon's Radio Cookbook. When cook these I lower the guac and sour
cream. I chose these for ease of making multiple and servng.

Black Bean Burritos
Ingredients
10 whole wheat tortillas 2 tomatoes, chopped
1 16 oz. can black beans 1 small can sliced black olives
2 onions, chopped 1 pint sour cream
1 green pepper, chopped 1 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
1 can diced green chiles guacamole
2 - 2 1/2 C. picante sauce chili powder and garlic to taste

Saute onions and green pepper in small amount of cooking oil until
soft, but not browned. Stir in chiles, tomatoes and spices. Remove and
add drained black beans.
Spread generous tablespoon of sour cream down middle of one tortilla.
Spoon 1/4 - 1/3 C. of bean mixture on top of sour cream. Sprinkle with
generous tablespoon of grated cheese, roll up tortilla. Repeat with
remaining tortillas and filling. Spread 1/2 C. of salsa in botton of 9"
x 13" baking dish. Place burritos in dish seam side down. Pour
remaining salsa over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and the
olives. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and sauce is
bubbling, about 30 minutes.

--
Jessica Cuba
MexicanFood at About.com

Chollie

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
Somewhere in this thread on how to cook a good burrito I got lost. Almost
all the 'good' burritos I have ever seen or tasted started out as follows:

Take a flour tortilla (warm it- micowave or pan or steamer), put a
tablespoon or two of filling on it. Fold the left side about 2/3 across,
over the filling. Fold the bottom up as far as possible, don't break the
fabric of the tortilla. Fold the right side over the rest or as far as
possible. The pocket formed is the "little burro." The filling is what
makes it great. The top is open, eat carefully because filling can and
frequently does squeeze out, and typing all this is making me drool into
the keyboard.

Karen O'Mara

May 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/21/99
I thought the TMOliver's version of the recipe was so funny that I
forwarded to alt.humor.best-of-usenet...

Karen <still lol'ing a wee bit..>