Cocacola and the Cocain Industry

M Hobbs

Jun 5, 2001, 11:09:55 PM6/5/01
I know cocain has been absent from cocacola since the 30's

and i know that the ingredients are kept mighty secret

i wondered, if they took the cocain out of coca plants and thew it
away, destroyed it whatever that's good

but then i think, hello, if their secret ingredients are still
extracts from the two plants that make up its name

and if, well, gee, a billion can's of coke get drunk every day (just a
wild guess there)

then, well, golly, one would have to grow an huge amount of coca
leaves to supply even the small bit of taste that makes up cocacola

and then if someone is growing a huge supply of coca leaves somewhere
(south america?)

then others growing a few plants for the cocain industry would be
kinda tiny in comparison

and of course because cocacla is about as american as you can get,
who'd expect the good old USA to squash such an american icon

and then of course i read IBM and the Holocaust and discovered just
how much could be covered up for so long - as long as a very powerful
US company was involved

and then i remembered that "new coke" came out and i began to wonder
if that was some attempt to get out of the difficult position of being
involved in growing coca plants

and then i remembered the american public said "no! give us our real
cocacola"

and then i though no muzza, this is as silly a conspiricy theory as
any could possibly imagine

and then i thought, gee, if it was true then maybe i wont live out
this day (after this post)

and then i thought, bugga, my life seems like shit sometimes so dying
in a vat of cocacola syrup is about as good as any way to go there is
(me being such a big contributor to the mighty coke empire)

and then i though again, now muzza, you are suffering from a lot of
strain lately and there is just no way on earth that that icon of
justice and righteousness, the good old USA, would ever be involved in
such a hugely awesome conspiricy and you'd better ask someone who
knows way beter than you

so here it is - please folks tell me i'm wrong and it was all a bad
dream or a great oportunity for a book

and please mr cocacola please don't kill me for just asking a silly
question

any way i better go hide now (no get back, don't kill me no NO
NOOOOOOOO.

Arthur Dent

Jun 6, 2001, 12:45:53 AM6/6/01
You are wrong.

Rick & Gail

Jun 7, 2001, 6:38:03 PM6/7/01
In 1891 Asa Candler took out an ad in the Atlanta Constitution to answer
critics about the cocaine in Coca Cola. At that time he stated for the
record "The formula for Coca Cola called for only a half ounce of coca
leaf per gallon of syrup". He also challenged anyone to prove a case in
which Coca Cola had led to cocaine addiction. He asserted, "I would quit
the manufacture of Coca Cola instantly, if I thought it could possibly
hurt anybody".

x Formula

Citrate Caffein=Kola nuts
Ext. Vanilla
F.E. Coco=fluid extract of coca
Citric Acid
Lime Juice
Sugar
Water
Caramel sufficient

followed by 7x

Oil Orange
Oil Lemon
Oil Nutmeg
Oil Cinnamon
Oil Coriander
Oil Neroli
Alcohol 1 qt.

This is said to be Pemberton's original formula.

M Hobbs

Jun 12, 2001, 11:33:22 PM6/12/01
"Arthur Dent" <azc...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:<9fkcka$c4ui$1...@newssvr06-en0.news.prodigy.com>...
> You are wrong.

gee thanks

that's a bit of a comfort

but i really would like a little more than that

for instance how am i wrong - eg all flavour is now synthesised

and i'd like a bit more than some unknown person just saying i'm wrong

like who are you to say i am wrong - eg an ex chemist from coca cola
(though that might no be much of a garantee)

so far i've got nothing from anyone other than a ref to a book i'm
having trouble getting a copy of (i've given up on amazon - i've had 5
books on order with them for 3 months and they still have not turned
up)

thanks for the start though oh yee of few words

Ross Hamilton

Jun 17, 2001, 6:04:20 PM6/17/01
Hi, the flavour in coca-cola is still from de-cocainized coca leaves.
I don't know what the do with the cocaine, but they definetely still use
coca flavouring from the plant that produces cocaine.
They get the leaves ready decocainized from the only company with a license
to import them in the USA.
I did read all that from a web site and i can't for the life (tastes good)
of me the name of the company.

"M Hobbs" <mho...@voyager.co.nz> wrote in message

M Hobbs

Jun 21, 2001, 10:57:49 AM6/21/01
ok, so now Ross has made me feel kinda cold - please someone tell me
he is wrong becuase if he is right then one of the biggest
conspiricies in all history is being perpetrated against us - the USA
is involved in protection of the cocain industry because the the
coca-cola industry

this is why there is so much cocain and why the cocain industry can
not be controlled/stopped

this gives a reason for much of american foreign policy in the central
and south amaerican region

so now i start to wonder can i ever go home because right now there
are probably US agents looking to gun me down so i wont continue to
uncover this terrible thing

you think this is a big joke?
i don't - i am now definitely conserned for my life

coca cola -> cocain industry -> US foreign policy -> big power in
highest circles of US government

so, right now i have to assume that these posts have been read by the
US agents involved with protecting the US from this getting out

and right now i expect coca-cola top people are also aware of these
posts

so guys - here we are and what are we going to do - how about paying
me off instead of killing me? please?

i'll keep totally quiet for just a few hundred thousand because that
would take care of most of my debts

come on cocacola and the USA - how about dealing with this and me in
some honourable way before one of your young impetuous agents tries to
knock me off

Ross Hamilton

Jun 24, 2001, 12:52:24 PM6/24/01
I wouldnt worry about it, because it is supposedly all legal, as in the coca
leaves are decocainized at the licenced plant, and the cocaine is probably
just destroyed, or sent off for medical or research use.

"M Hobbs" <mho...@voyager.co.nz> wrote in message

M Hobbs

Jun 25, 2001, 7:53:39 AM6/25/01
that much i have figured for myself

the issue is the scale - think about it - half an ounce dry leaves did
you say? per gallon?

that's a gigantic amount of coca leaves someone is growing

just think through the numbers of gallons drunk daily

who grows these plants and where - precidely where and precisely where
are the sources of cocain?

how do they relate?

what are the US foreign policies for the countries where this is
happening - how do these policies take into account what i am saying?

why is it so difficult to deal with cocain supply - why is there so
much cocain?

how do anti-drug policies and activities interact with the policies
relating to the coca cola supply?

don't you see that there's some big questions here - how come it's
just me who asks these questions? where are the others?

isn't all this so very obvious yet how come it's not a 60 minutes
show?

who is hiding what and why?

seems to me that the coca cola company is pretty much reponsible for
the state of the cocain industry - maybe not directly of course but
there is no way you can grow coca for one industry along side coca for
an illegal industry and expect that the two can be maintained
independently without some higher level management

ie the US is involved in the higher level management of both
industries

and the drug cartels are only a risk when they threaten to expose this
- which they would not be likely to do because it would impact on
their nice and SAFE drug industry

see - the cocain industry is very safe - otherwise coca cola gets
implicated and coca cola the drink has to be taken off the market -
which can never happen because it is an american icon

and then would come the documentaries about coca cola people and
government people all involved - all keeping this secret

who are these people?

Ross Hamilton

Jul 1, 2001, 2:52:31 PM7/1/01
The columbian cocaine industry presumably.

Rick & Gail

Jul 2, 2001, 6:32:50 PM7/2/01
Coca-Cola is responsible for the cocaine being produced today? Funny
but, coke doesn't use cocaine anymore, just coca flavoring. Besides
that, guess what, cocaine was here before Coca-Cola and was here before
the New World was even discovered. So to imply that Coca-Cola Co. is an
evil force is simply ludicrous. Is coca production really effecting your
daily lives......doesn't have an effect on mine, unless of course they
stop production, then my Coke wouldn't taste the same.

Ross Hamilton

Jul 3, 2001, 2:30:21 PM7/3/01
well said.

"Rick & Gail" <tangee...@webtv.net> wrote in message

M Hobbs

Jul 5, 2001, 8:00:20 AM7/5/01
tangee...@webtv.net (Rick & Gail) wrote in message news:<15355-3B4...@storefull-225.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

> Coca-Cola is responsible for the cocaine being produced today? Funny
> but, coke doesn't use cocaine anymore, just coca flavoring.

which one of us comes across as stupid? (don't answer that i
volonteer)

you don't get the point maybe - i know that there is no coke in coca
cola - that's not the issue - the issue is that if the plant is still
used for flavouring and taking into account the massive volume of
consumption of the drink then a HUGE amount of coca is being grown for
the coca cola industry

if so much is being grown then how does it compare to the coca being
grown for the cocain industry?

i'd say if you were raising chickens and you had 50 million chickens
and in the midst of those 50 million chickens were a few chickens that
we really don't want then you'd have a prtty big job trying to cull
them out now wouldn't you?

Besides
> that, guess what, cocaine was here before Coca-Cola and was here before
> the New World was even discovered. So to imply that Coca-Cola Co. is an
> evil force is simply ludicrous.

duh

go read "IBM and the Holocaust" - get an idea of how bad a US company
can be and how well it's secrets can be protected by its power and the
power of the US

yes coca cola people at the top are probably quite aware of this - and
so are top US officials

that's just the point - it's a difficult conundrum for them

think back to some of the big news stories about columbia - think them
through and add what i am saying to the mix - the stories take on a
whole new meaning

think about it - don't just leap and make simple anyone can think that
way responses - dig - use some real logic and some farsight

Is coca production really effecting your
> daily lives......

don't be ridiculous - many people are suffering from the effects of
cocain abuse

if that is a consequence direct or indirect of people drinking coca
cola and if people are profiting from it then it is very important

we are a pretty sorry bunch us humans - we really don't care about
anyone except ourselves most of the time - so yes - it does not effect
you - that's real nice - i'm really happy for you

doesn't have an effect on mine, unless of course they
> stop production, then my Coke wouldn't taste the same.

yup

that's the problem - we drink coke because we like the taste - my JD's
would not be the same without coke

we the consumers are the ones who forced the coca cola company to
abandon its attempt to get itself out of this dilemma

but that was a long time ago

now it is just a management problem

except that many lives are lost andmuch public money is spent
pretending to try and control the cocain industry - which in the light
of what i believe must be virtually impossible

that's the whole point

John Miller

Jul 5, 2001, 12:25:04 PM7/5/01
M Hobbs <mho...@voyager.co.nz> wrote in message
<snip>
Just so we're clear on this, is it your premise that because a coca plant
extract is used in the production of some soft drinks, and coca plants are
grown for this purpose, that said agriculture somehow facilitates cocaine
trafficing?

--
John Miller

Rick & Gail

Jul 5, 2001, 5:28:34 PM7/5/01
Drug experts have drawn a legitimate distinction between coca and
cocaine. If you thought this out logically, like you insist I do. Are
you proposing the coca leaf production be halted? Coca is not the
problem...cocaine is, right? Do you realize how many products
incorporate coca? Chocolate would be non existent and a tremendous
amount of products would disappear, as well as the jobs that make said
products. Drug addicts are not my problem, its their problem. They
choose to take the drugs, just as you with your JD. Now, if you become
an alcoholic, will it be your problem or mine. I say, its a problem with
the weak minded that cannot control themselves in the first place. These
people will always exist, as addiction will always exist, that is the
nature of things. So to blame big companies or the government is
downright stupidity. Remember guns don't kill people, people kill
people. The Peruvian Indians valued the leaf and held it in high
regard, even fought wars over it and this was before "Big companies and
Big government"..........now what?

Rick & Gail

Jul 5, 2001, 5:50:53 PM7/5/01
One last item....as long as we're recommending reading material to
discuss Coca Cola, not IBM, I suggest you read " FOR GOD, COUNTRY AND
COCA-COLA", the unauthorized history of the great american soft drink
and the company that makes it, by Mark Pendergrast. Surprisingly you
will find some arguments in your favor. Not many mind you but, some.
Look, all I'm suggesting is, if infact you wiped Coca-Cola off the face
of the earth, coca production may decrease but not addiction to cocaine.

M Hobbs

Jul 6, 2001, 3:09:45 AM7/6/01
"John Miller" <j...@n4vu.com> wrote in message news:<9i24d4$9f9$1...@nntp9.atl.mindspring.net>...

> M Hobbs <mho...@voyager.co.nz> wrote in message
> <snip>
> Just so we're clear on this, is it your premise that because a coca plant
> extract is used in the production of some soft drinks,

"some" hides the issue - it might be just the one or two - it's the
volume

and coca plants are
> grown for this purpose, that said agriculture somehow facilitates cocaine
> trafficing?

somehow facilitates

yes

precisely

it's a little difficult to get until you do the mind experiment or
even just nut it out on a spreadsheet using figures you can probably
come up with yourself or through available resources maybe

M Hobbs

Jul 6, 2001, 3:42:37 AM7/6/01
tangee...@webtv.net (Rick & Gail) wrote in message news:<29426-3B...@storefull-223.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

> Drug experts have drawn a legitimate distinction between coca and
> cocaine.

you mean that the distinction (or clouding/hiding) has been
legitimised by the experts?

i am not stupid - i have a very good degree in science and many years
work in very tough areas of many industries - my mum said i had a high
IQ when i was a kid (too much JD's and coke has well and trully
reduced that i am sure :-)

you miss the point entirely when you keep trying to relate cocacola
and cocain so directly - the link is less direct - maybe do it as a
mind experiment on a table emptying a few hundred boxes of matches -
once the table is covered (coca for cocacola) then empty a single box
of matches onto the pile - now take those matches and only those
matches back

> If you thought this out logically, like you insist I do.

yes i insist - i am already very logical - i have many years of being
paid very large sums of money precisely because i am an expert in
logic - quite a few types of logic too by the way

Are
> you proposing the coca leaf production be halted?

nope, i don't propose anything - that's not my goal - my goal is
simply to raise awareness of something that i have stumbled on - what
others do with it then is a case for "all of us" - democratic like

but if i had a child hooked on crack you can bet how i would vote - if
i could have it explained to me well enough so i u8nderstood it

personally i do not actually agree with anti drug laws as they are
exercised

Coca is not the
> problem...cocaine is, right?

well no, the "problem" i am dealing with is that the US Federal
Government is in a battele against cocain right - it's a big thing -
lots and lots of money and lots and lots of "taking a stance" - but if
they, at the same time, are completely aware (at least at some level -
very high up) that the battle against cocain is impossible given the
fact that so much coca is grown for the mighty US company coca-cola
(yes yes, sans cocain but that is really quite irrelivant)

as an aside i bet there are coca-cola genetic engineers feverishly
working away to try and produce a coca plant that does not even look
the same or produce any coca at all - maybe

Do you realize how many products
> incorporate coca? Chocolate would be non existent

you confuse coca and cocoa - cocoa is not coca - they are two differnt
plants entirely

> and a tremendous
> amount of products would disappear, as well as the jobs that make said
> products.

the great american excuse - that would have been the excuse to while
IBM was providing the means to murder millions of Jews

go find a family who has lost a child to cocain and tell them your
opinion about the value of coca based products

> Drug addicts are not my problem, its their problem.

you are very generous arn't you

yes it is their problem but it is your problem if the government you
effectively enable to be in power is complicit in the supply of cocain
to children and others who do not have the defences gainst it

you have obviously had very little to do with drug effected people, or
maybe even just poor people - do you have many black or hispanic
friends - real friends? Know many "white trash"

They
> choose to take the drugs, just as you with your JD.

i was not hooked on JD's as a child, and I don't consume as much as an
alcholic does

and beside the point - we are not dealing with finding excuses for the
way things are - we are trying to understand the way things are

you seem to just want to take a stance and defend something - fine -
then be my ally but first convince yourself using logic and some
research that i am right - then you can stand against the whole world
as i am doing right now - it's pretty cool to stand behind such a
thing watching people trying to take it apart

i have nothing to loose but probably my life at the hands of who (US?
Cartels?) - don't laugh at that - if i am right and i keep this up
then things will start happening in high places maybe and i will have
to be shut up

but maybe by then you will be convinced and will be carrying the flag
until you too get hit

Now, if you become
> an alcoholic, will it be your problem or mine.

no, if i become an alchoholic it will be because you have upset me
because you represent the "norm" - and if the norm can't or wont see
it i will drink myself silly and then start sending you abusive mail
for making me feel so bad

:-)

I say, its a problem with
> the weak minded that cannot control themselves in the first place.

you are very ingenerous - it's a sign of either very limited
expereince in the world or a low IQ or a low self-esteem - opinions
are like onions - if we peel them they can make you cry

that's not a personal attack - it's an oportunity to grow a little -
humilty and love for your fellow man - it's not a bad way to be really

These
> people will always exist, as addiction will always exist, that is the
> nature of things. So to blame big companies or the government is
> downright stupidity.

only in your opinion

and the opinion of people who think as you do

there will be a few out there who are reading my mails with a little
more acceptance

> Remember guns don't kill people, people kill
> people.

it's a saying i do not hold to

america makes a lot of money selling guns to people who do not have
the background/education/whatever to do anything with them but mass
destruction of their neighbours

and besides, you have drifted so far off topic it's seems a waste of
time to continue

The Peruvian Indians valued the leaf and held it in high
> regard, even fought wars over it and this was before "Big companies and
> Big government"..........now what?

i personally would like to have my own little crop for exactly such a
reason

so now here you are defending peoples rights to use cocain

so for you at least it does not matter - you don't care that there
might be a huge conspiricy because you think people have the right to
use cocain as they wish

well, gee, how come your government does not agree?

or maybe that is the point - it does

it's just that it's a secret

M Hobbs

Jul 6, 2001, 3:50:32 AM7/6/01
tangee...@webtv.net (Rick & Gail) wrote in message news:<29425-3B...@storefull-223.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

> One last item....as long as we're recommending reading material to
> discuss Coca Cola, not IBM, I suggest you read " FOR GOD, COUNTRY AND
> COCA-COLA", the unauthorized history of the great american soft drink
> and the company that makes it, by Mark Pendergrast.

i'm stuck in a poor eastern block country at this time - finding such
a book here would be next to impossible and getting one in might be a
pointless and expensive exercise

yes i've heard of it and will read it as i can

Surprisingly you
> will find some arguments in your favor. Not many mind you but, some.

no surprises to me - what is obvious is just that - obvious

> Look, all I'm suggesting is, if infact you wiped Coca-Cola off the face
> of the earth, coca production may decrease but not addiction to cocaine.

i'm not suggesting it

i suggest just one thing

conspiricy involving the USA and coca-cola and possibly colombian drug
cartel money to

remember - it is your government that spends so much money on fighting
cocain

seems pretty sick if on the other hand they are supporting the
production of coca that hides the coca they are trying to supress

i'm just waiting for the US government agents to join into the
discussion and enlighten me on how well they do making sure that the
two industries do not influence each other

but so far zippo

but then maybe they are waiting for the right timing - timing is
everything when you want to make a really powerful point that will
shut up this thread for good

we shall see

and when we do - will it really be proof of anything?

it's quite remarkable what a lot of money aimed at a problem will do

i'm sure it will convince most of those reading this thread

John Miller

Jul 6, 2001, 8:38:37 AM7/6/01

> i'm just waiting for the US government agents to join into the
> discussion and enlighten me on how well they do making sure that the
> two industries do not influence each other

When you initiated this discussion, I wasn't sure whether you were deluded
or malicious, but thought I'd hang back and see where it went.

Your statement above makes it all clear.
--
"For those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who do
not, no explanation is possible."

Rick & Gail

Jul 6, 2001, 4:43:37 PM7/6/01
Your match theory doesn't compute...as all your matches are the same.
Coca leaf and cocaine are separate entities. If you change the second
handful of matches to matches with no heads they would be easy to spot.
Your delusions of grandeur are impressive. To think agents or cartels
are going to be knocking on your door any day now...to shut you up. I
really don't think you're a fly in their ointment....they have bigger
fish to fry.
Sounds like your attack on the drug "war" must hit home somewhere.
Maybe somebody close to you, I don't know. But to attack me and then say
its not an attack sounds like you have had a snort or two yourself.
Have you noticed that other posters don't seem to understand your
arguments either or are they the "norm"? If so, maybe you should get on
board with them. You might be able to sleep at night.
I say, that we will agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Leaving this as my last communique' on this subject.

M Hobbs

Jul 9, 2001, 6:29:48 AM7/9/01
"John Miller" <j...@n4vu.com> wrote in message news:<9i4bhn$iqi$1...@slb5.atl.mindspring.net>...

> M Hobbs <mho...@voyager.co.nz> wrote in message
> > i'm just waiting for the US government agents to join into the
> > discussion and enlighten me on how well they do making sure that the
> > two industries do not influence each other
>
> When you initiated this discussion, I wasn't sure whether you were deluded
> or malicious, but thought I'd hang back and see where it went.

self delusions are one of my problems in life
malicious - i've been that too - i'm sometimes all too human

> Your statement above makes it all clear.

except you've left me in the dark

M Hobbs

Jul 9, 2001, 6:42:46 AM7/9/01
tangee...@webtv.net (Rick & Gail) wrote in message news:<11197-3B...@storefull-227.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

> Your match theory doesn't compute...as all your matches are the same.
> Coca leaf and cocaine are separate entities.

look, i guess you are really struggling with this and i don't blame
you

i'm talking only about plants - i am not talking about cocain

just plants

lots of plants -----> cocacola
some plants -------> cocain

the two both look the same

and they are probably grown in the same place

If you change the second
> handful of matches to matches with no heads they would be easy to spot.
> Your delusions of grandeur are impressive. To think agents or cartels
> are going to be knocking on your door any day now...to shut you up. I
> really don't think you're a fly in their ointment....they have bigger
> fish to fry.

hey, i'm really really offended, i thought i was such a big shot too

> Sounds like your attack on the drug "war" must hit home somewhere.

nope

> Maybe somebody close to you, I don't know.

i've known a lot of druggies over the years, many are dead, i'm not
particularly mindful of them or their plights in this issue

> But to attack me and then say
> its not an attack sounds like you have had a snort or two yourself.

hey, now there's an angle - maybe i could wangle a life time supply of
both coke and coke

> Have you noticed that other posters don't seem to understand your
> arguments either or are they the "norm"?

well, this is probably not a real hot shot newsgroup - i'm waiting to
see what sort of results come to light here before starting on a group
that has intellectual nasties on it - the sort who can bombard such a
thread with enough arguments to leave me a bit overwealmed

and that people don't understand my argument might be how come it has
been so easy to keep the lid on this thing

now if i came out and said something like this

"the coke taken from coca plants used for cocacola is simply packaged
sand sold to the coke addicts in the states"

you'd understand it

but that's not what i'm saying and yes it seems that one has to have a
bit of imagination to understand what i am saying - which is a bit sad
really

> If so, maybe you should get on
> board with them. You might be able to sleep at night.

this does not keep me awake - for all you know i might have a real
death wish and am doing any thing i've put off until i was ready to go

> I say, that we will agree to disagree and leave it at that.
> Leaving this as my last communique' on this subject.

fine, that's your perogative

typical of many - "i don't understand but i disagree and i don't want
to try and understand"

Matt Ferrari

Jul 18, 2001, 3:47:25 AM7/18/01
lame