A simple Stir Fy, Asian inspired

DELL

Aug 20, 2023, 11:25:39 AM8/20/23
Here's a simple dinner I make.

Lots of variation as it's based on what is handy at the time.

Each item is about 2/3 cup each unless otherwise listed.

Sweet peas
Chicken breast
orange bell pepper
Red bell pepper
1/3 c Shimeji (white) mushroom
1/2 c celery (includes leaves)
shaved carrot
3 TB olive oil
5 ea cloves garlic, sliced thin
2 ea pinches Korean red pepper
4 TB Hot Sweet chile sauce (Mae Ploy)
*Shoyu (sauce) added to taste (about 1 TB, optional)

Heat oil and add garlic. Stir fry about 3 minutes while chopping rest.
Add and stir to coat then fry until chicken is cooked. Add chile sauce
and optional shoyu and mix then Serve over rice.

https://postimg.cc/WdvHJr0m <--cooking

Pan is a flat bottomed wok, bigger than looks because that's close to 6
cups in there.

https://postimg.cc/MMNsZjWQ <--plated

Wilson

Aug 20, 2023, 1:21:33 PM8/20/23
Mae ploy goes on most of our baked chicken thighs. We always stay one bottle
ahead with that one.

DELL

Aug 21, 2023, 12:57:21 PM8/21/23
Same here! Next I'll post Asian inspired marinade.

DELL

Sep 6, 2023, 4:13:06 PM9/6/23
Wilson wrote:

> Mae ploy goes on most of our baked chicken thighs. We always stay one
> bottle ahead with that one.

I just got another bottle, also a new bottle to try. 'Chicken chile
sauce' (used just like you say).

Don't be surprised if travels in Asia rename 'Mae Ploy to 'hot sweet
chicken chile sauce'. It confused me when we got stateside but it's
the same thing.

So today's adventures is trying something new to me. Beef Pho.

I've shifted it a bit from classic, as boiling bones for 6-8 hours on
the stovetop doesn't appeal. Crockpot being used.

It's at 2 hours with 2lbs meaty beef neck bones. I just added 1 cube
'Pho seasoning' (salt, onion powder, ginger and cinnimon). About 1
gallon water.

DELL

Sep 6, 2023, 5:44:48 PM9/6/23
https://postimg.cc/06x5PMJZ

That's it at about 3 hours. Nicely brown but camera looks slightly
pinkish.