Everybody's talking about KTLA reporter getting puked on in Hermosa Beach

Ubiquitous

Jul 6, 2017, 7:13:28 AM7/6/17
Who said being a television news reporter was glamorous?

Talk to Wendy Burch — known as @goodnewswendy on Twitter — who was
pretty much showered in vomit on July 4, while covering a so-called
“ironman” competition in Hermosa Beach for the KTLA Morning News.

The competition she was covering included running, ocean paddling
and, after that, the chugging of a six-pack of beer.

https://youtu.be/xsK0WsL0fVc

Given all the drinking competitors and their general fitness level
at the end of the “race,” it was getting mighty rowdy as Burch
interviewed one of the participants, who unbeknownst to her (as she
details in a Huffington Post article) had “puke here” written on his
body in thick black marker.

And so somebody did, showering Burch, her interview subject and
everybody around them in whatever was in one particular drunken
person’s stomach.

Burch didn’t quit, as another video shows, but the anchors back at
the KTLA studio were at once shocked, amused and gladder than ever
that it wasn’t them.

Showing her grit, the puked-on Burch kept on going, saying, “I’m in
the middle of a mosh pit ... welcome to the jungle,” before
interviewing a female “ironman” participant.

Eventually — mercifully — the report was over.

As she writes in the Huffington Post: “I drove home, took a hot
shower and a long nap.

“When I woke, I was greeted by thousands of retweets, links to the
YouTube video, and a message from a New York Times reporter who
wanted to talk about ‘the incident.’

“You know … I once had a nightmare about reporting live, in the
middle of a mosh pit, with hundreds of sweaty men throwing up all
around me.

“To all of you aspiring journalists out there, I’m here to tell you,
dreams really do come true … especially in the age of viral videos.