Marilyn Monroe slept with Einstein?

Adam

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96

Sounds almost....no - exactly like a Mary Whitehouse Experience
sketch. It ends when the Einstein lookalike leaves the room,
falls to his knees and shouts "Oh no, blown a definite sh**".

Adam

Jeffrey Davis

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

Madeleine Page wrote:
> Ted Thompson wrote:
>
> [rumours that Monroe slept with Einstein]
>
> : I've heard this story and I think it probably is true.
>
> Heh.
>
> Heh heh.

I don't have a clue as to the truth of the story, but it made it
into a film called "Insignificance" by Nicholas Roeg.

--
Jeffrey Davis <da...@ca.uky.edu> It's 1927 and the goose is hanging high.

Heather Aston

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

I actually heard this back in high school, I don't know why I haven't posted it
before. I was told by one of my friends, that Marilyn Monroe slept with
Albert Einstein because she wanted to know what it was like to have sex with
the smartest guy in the world. This seems like it's probably untrue, but it
could lead to something more interesting. A new type of UL- X did Einstein.
Has anyone heard this story, or another version where someone else sleeps
with Einstein? (besides his wife)

Daniel Bradshaw

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

I have absolutely no idea whether this story is true or not, nor
do I even believe or disbelieve it firmly. However, I really hope it
is true. As a physics major, I know it gives me some hope for a
brighter future.

Dan "Well, not Marilyn, obviously...maybe Sandra Bullock?" Bradshaw

--
Dan Bradshaw, a credit to dementia.
I'm still trying to get a firm grip on reality.

Ted Thompson

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

In article <4luqse$c...@er6.rutgers.edu>, as...@eden.rutgers.edu (Heather
Aston) wrote:

I've heard this story and I think it probably is true.

Ted

--
Secret for longevity: Keep moving and don't let 'em get a bead on you.

Web page: http://www.halcyon.com/tedt/

Madeleine Page

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

Ted Thompson (te...@halcyon.com) wrote:

[rumours that Monroe slept with Einstein]

: I've heard this story and I think it probably is true.

Heh.

Heh heh.

Madeleine "the M word goes here" Page

Barbara Mikkelson

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

In her first autobiography, Shelley Winters claims she and Marilyn once
made lists of the fellas they'd like to sleep with and that Marilyn put
Einstein on her list. She further claims that at a later date she
noticed a photo of Einstein at MM's and it was cryptically autographed
"With many thanks."

Barbara "the lying in Winters" Mikkelson
--
Barbara Mikkelson | [on references] I haven't checked any of them
bha...@fas.harvard.edu | out, but hey, they look official. And that's
| what's important. - George Long

war...@borg.com

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

In <4m0as0$h...@camelot.bradley.edu>, drea...@camelot.bradley.edu (Daniel Bradshaw) writes:

all is snips in for....

One can only hope that a beautiful, blonde, hypersexed, genius, driven to find
the cosmigorical-ultimate experience, is still on the prowl!

Warren "nutter stereotype' Hall
http://www.borg.com/~warren

Kevin Dougherty

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

I missed the start of this thread, so don't bother reaming me if I'm
repeating something but Shelley Winters told the M.M. F's A.E. story on
the "Tonight" show. M.M. had a photo on her piano of A.E. inscribed

" To Marilyn, Thanks for the great time...Albert"

Madeleine Page

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

Martha Seagoe (sea...@gate1.sbcc.cc.ca.us) wrote:

: Here's how I heard it:
: Monroe meets Einstein, begins flirting.
: Monroe: Just think if our kids had your brains and my looks.
: Einstein: But dear lady, suppose they get your brains and my looks!

Originally told as a GBS bon mot in response to <ermerm>, the well known
actress of the time. No, not Mrs Patrick Campbell.

I'm hunting the cite: it's not in the Oxford Dic of Quots, so was
probably in a rather nasty book of Literary Anecdotes that I
badtemperedly stuck in the basement. More later, if patience and mildew
permit.

Madeleine "LitRef'YAR'apparently not moi" Page

M. Price

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

In <3183AA...@ca.uky.edu> Jeffrey Davis <da...@ca.uky.edu> writes:

>Madeleine Page wrote:

>> Ted Thompson wrote:
>>
>> [rumours that Monroe slept with Einstein]
>>
>> : I've heard this story and I think it probably is true.
>>
>> Heh.
>>
>> Heh heh.

>I don't have a clue as to the truth of the story, but it made it

>into a film called "Insignificance" by Nicholas Roeg.

Could this rumor come from the famous story about "My beauty and your
brains," which I'd always heard told of Einstein plus blonde bimbo, but
which I recently read about G.B.S. and Isadora Duncan?

Just curious,

--
"A woman is not a basket you place your buns in to keep them warm, not a
brood hen you can slip duck eggs under, not a purse, holding the coins

Ralph Jones

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

as...@eden.rutgers.edu (Heather Aston) wrote:

>I actually heard this back in high school, I don't know why I haven't posted it
>before. I was told by one of my friends, that Marilyn Monroe slept with
>Albert Einstein because she wanted to know what it was like to have sex with
>the smartest guy in the world. This seems like it's probably untrue, but it
>could lead to something more interesting. A new type of UL- X did Einstein.
>Has anyone heard this story, or another version where someone else sleeps
>with Einstein? (besides his wife)

The chronology is a bit tight: Marilyn reached what you could call
star status (thanks to "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes") only two years
before Einstein died. Still, she did envy intellectuals and I'd like
to think my old hero got a treat... rj

Martha Seagoe

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

as...@eden.rutgers.edu (Heather Aston) wrote:
>I actually heard this back in high school, I don't know why I haven't posted it
>before. I was told by one of my friends, that Marilyn Monroe slept with
>Albert Einstein because she wanted to know what it was like to have sex with
>the smartest guy in the world. This seems like it's probably untrue, but...

Here's how I heard it:
Monroe meets Einstein, begins flirting.
Monroe: Just think if our kids had your brains and my looks.
Einstein: But dear lady, suppose they get your brains and my looks!

Martha Monroe-Einstein Seagoe

The Hobbit

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

In article <4lv65f$g...@nntp1.best.com>, bha...@fas.harvard.edu (Barbara
Mikkelson) wrote:

> In her first autobiography, Shelley Winters claims she and Marilyn once
> made lists of the fellas they'd like to sleep with and that Marilyn put
> Einstein on her list. She further claims that at a later date she
> noticed a photo of Einstein at MM's and it was cryptically autographed
> "With many thanks."

.. well, just because I have a photo of Kelly LeBrock on my desk saying
"Dana, you wonderful bastard, I won't be able to walk for a week," does
that mean I'm King Stud of the Universe, or does it mean that I have a
picture of Kelly cut out of a magazine and a black magic marker??

.. Dana "Hi Kelly!" Netz

--
= Dana A. Netz, Engineer, Daddy, Carpenter, Tinkerer, Computer Geek, Hobbit =
== Posting from the Jemez Mountains, Land of Enchantment, New Mexico, USA ==

Michele Tepper

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

Madeleine Page <mp...@panix.com> wrote:
>Martha Seagoe (sea...@gate1.sbcc.cc.ca.us) wrote:
>: Here's how I heard it:

>: Monroe meets Einstein, begins flirting.
>: Monroe: Just think if our kids had your brains and my looks.
>: Einstein: But dear lady, suppose they get your brains and my looks!
>
>Originally told as a GBS bon mot in response to <ermerm>, the well known
>actress of the time. No, not Mrs Patrick Campbell.

I think it was Ellen Terry, or someone with a name like that. Damn.
Where's Michael Holroyd when you need him?

>Madeleine "LitRef'YAR'apparently not moi" Page

Yeah, but at least you have an excuse.

Michele "sulky, bitter, excuse-free" Tepper

--
Michele Tepper "Suggestions: (a) you each buy large, heavy dictionaries;
mte...@panix.com (b) you look it up; (c) you take turns whacking each

Doug Reade

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

rnj...@teal.csn.net (Ralph Jones) wrote:
>as...@eden.rutgers.edu (Heather Aston) wrote:
>
>>I actually heard this back in high school, I don't know why I haven't posted it
>>before. I was told by one of my friends, that Marilyn Monroe slept with
>>Albert Einstein because she wanted to know what it was like to have sex with
>>the smartest guy in the world.
(snipped)

>The chronology is a bit tight: Marilyn reached what you could call
>star status (thanks to "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes") only two years
>before Einstein died. Still, she did envy intellectuals and I'd like
>to think my old hero got a treat... rj

You may be thinking of the Nicolas Roeg movie "Insignificance",(1985)
with Teresa Russell, Gary Busey, and Tony Curtis. Four notables of the
50's, including Monroe and Einstein, spend the night in a hotel room,
discussing sex, the universe, and everything. Very strange movie, very
talky, but no sex that I remember.

Doug "although one of the characters was J. Edgar Hoover--draw your own
conclusions" Reade

sig sleeping off a hard day's night

Matt Ackeret

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

In article <3183AA...@ca.uky.edu>, Jeffrey Davis <da...@ca.uky.edu> wrote:
>Madeleine Page wrote:
>> Ted Thompson wrote:
>> [rumours that Monroe slept with Einstein]
>> : I've heard this story and I think it probably is true.
>> Heh.
>> Heh heh.
>I don't have a clue as to the truth of the story, but it made it
>into a film called "Insignificance" by Nicholas Roeg.

It seems like people saw this movie and didn't realize that it was
fiction.. (They very very blatantly state at the beginning of this movie
that it's ALL MADE UP.)

I thought it wasn't a very interesting movie either. IQ, while
not a _great_ movie either, is better. (and is fiction involving Einstein.)
--
unk...@apple.com Apple II Forever
These opinions are mine, not Apple's.

Ian Munro

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

Michele Tepper (mte...@panix.com) wrote:

: Madeleine Page <mp...@panix.com> wrote:
: >Martha Seagoe (sea...@gate1.sbcc.cc.ca.us) wrote:
: >: Here's how I heard it:
: >: Monroe meets Einstein, begins flirting.
: >: Monroe: Just think if our kids had your brains and my looks.
: >: Einstein: But dear lady, suppose they get your brains and my looks!
: >
: >Originally told as a GBS bon mot in response to <ermerm>, the well known
: >actress of the time. No, not Mrs Patrick Campbell.

: I think it was Ellen Terry, or someone with a name like that. Damn.
: Where's Michael Holroyd when you need him?

On my bookshelf (well, two-thirds of him, anyways), but I don't think
it's her. For one thing, GBS and Terry didn't meet in the flesh until
she was almost fifty (though still toujours gai). Secondly, GBS thought
Terry was extremely talented as well as beautiful--he thought she wasn't
reaching her potential because she stayed in Irving's shadow, but he
would never have suggested that she had no brains.

Perhaps it could have been another actress (I've never read the bio
through and through) but the line doesn't sound much like Shaw anyways.
It's too damn cutesy. It's so much more appropriate to Monroe and
Einstein: pretty and stupid (at least by persona) vs. smart and ugly, and
both celebrities in a way Shaw never was.

Ian "Marilyn" Munro
--
"God is a gentleman. He prefers blondes."--Joe Orton

Soo Lee

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

On 29 Apr 1996 22:33:42 -0400, mte...@panix.com (Michele Tepper)
wrote:

>Madeleine Page <mp...@panix.com> wrote:
>>Martha Seagoe (sea...@gate1.sbcc.cc.ca.us) wrote:
>>: Here's how I heard it:
>>: Monroe meets Einstein, begins flirting.
>>: Monroe: Just think if our kids had your brains and my looks.
>>: Einstein: But dear lady, suppose they get your brains and my looks!
>>
>>Originally told as a GBS bon mot in response to <ermerm>, the well known
>>actress of the time. No, not Mrs Patrick Campbell.
>
>I think it was Ellen Terry, or someone with a name like that. Damn.
>Where's Michael Holroyd when you need him?

I've heard two versions of the above story...neither involved Marilyn
Monroe and/or Einstein. One was Ellen Terry, the actress and George
Bernard Shaw. The other named Shaw and Isadora Duncan.
Einstein-Marilyn must be an "update."

--
"Charlie Sheen,
Ben Vereen,

Maggie Newman

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

Ian Munro <imu...@scunix4.harvard.edu> wrote:

>: I think it was Ellen Terry, or someone with a name like that. Damn.
>: Where's Michael Holroyd when you need him?

As a matter of fact, he's here, right here in Chicago (or at least he
was on Saturday last), with his lovely and talented wife, before whom I
genuflect, Margaret Drabble.

>Perhaps it could have been another actress (I've never read the bio
>through and through) but the line doesn't sound much like Shaw anyways.
>It's too damn cutesy. It's so much more appropriate to Monroe and
>Einstein: pretty and stupid (at least by persona) vs. smart and ugly, and
>both celebrities in a way Shaw never was.

I have this attributed to Shaw re Isadora Duncan in a 1946 compilation
published by Simon & Schuster. (Same one I used to annihilate the
"played the ace" review that should have been attributed to Eugene
Field.)

Maggie "you're so vain" Newman

Mike Holmans

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

Michele Tepper wondered:

> Madeleine Page <mp...@panix.com> wrote:
> >Martha Seagoe (sea...@gate1.sbcc.cc.ca.us) wrote:
> >: Here's how I heard it:
> >: Monroe meets Einstein, begins flirting.
> >: Monroe: Just think if our kids had your brains and my looks.
> >: Einstein: But dear lady, suppose they get your brains and my looks!
> >
> >Originally told as a GBS bon mot in response to <ermerm>, the well
> known >actress of the time. No, not Mrs Patrick Campbell.
>
> I think it was Ellen Terry, or someone with a name like that. Damn.
> Where's Michael Holroyd when you need him?

My cite, such as it is, Nigel Rees's "Love, Death, and the Universe", a
rather odd collection of quotable quotes and 'Who said that?'s, has the
mot occurring in a letter of GBS's replying to a correspondent, name not
given, rather than in conversation with someone famous.

Michael "four letters different" Holmans

tonibens...@gmail.com

May 27, 2020, 11:09:53 PM5/27/20
She bedded the Kennedy's, sounds like in her wheelhouse.

Mikgmx

May 28, 2020, 3:56:00 PM5/28/20
tonibens...@gmail.com wrote:
> She bedded the Kennedy's, sounds like in her wheelhouse.

She slept with Arthur Miller, AFAIR.

But she met Einstein, who mentioned her intelligence.
Monroe wasn't the dumb blondie she plaed in films.

Michael "Blonds have more fun (than me)"Kuettner

Ben Oliver

May 28, 2020, 5:14:04 PM5/28/20
Mikgmx <Michael....@gmx.at> wrote:
> tonibens...@gmail.com wrote:
>> She bedded the Kennedy's, sounds like in her wheelhouse.
>>
> She slept with Arthur Miller, AFAIR.

She married him!

> But she met Einstein, who mentioned her intelligence.
> Monroe wasn't the dumb blondie she plaed in films.

I have also heard that she wasn't particularly eye-catching off-screen. Jean
Kent, who worked with Monroe, called her 'grubby' and said:

“If you passed her in the street, you would never have thought: ‘There goes
the world’s number one sex symbol’."

Jealousy perhaps, but it rings true.

RH Draney

May 28, 2020, 5:42:12 PM5/28/20
Contemporaries of Cleopatra also said that as looks go, she was nothing
to write home about....r

Julian Macassey

May 28, 2020, 9:52:55 PM5/28/20
On Thu, 28 May 2020 21:14:03 GMT, Ben Oliver <b...@bfoliver.com> wrote:
> Mikgmx <Michael....@gmx.at> wrote:
>>
>> But she met Einstein, who mentioned her intelligence.
>> Monroe wasn't the dumb blondie she plaed in films.
>
> I have also heard that she wasn't particularly eye-catching off-screen. Jean
> Kent, who worked with Monroe, called her 'grubby' and said:
>
> “If you passed her in the street, you would never have thought: ‘There goes
> the world’s number one sex symbol’."
>
> Jealousy perhaps, but it rings true.

I used to live with a woman who knew Monroe and shared a
shrink. She said that Monroe took forever to get ready and had
little self confidence.

--
"(Bill) Gates is more and opportunist than a technical type and severely
opinionated even when the opinion he holds is absurd."

Mark Shaw

May 29, 2020, 1:25:04 PM5/29/20
Mikgmx <Michael....@gmx.at> wrote:
> tonibens...@gmail.com wrote:

> > She bedded the Kennedy's, sounds like in her wheelhouse.
> >
> She slept with Arthur Miller, AFAIR.

> But she met Einstein, who mentioned her intelligence.

Cute Gilbert Gottfried's "smartest thing to come out of Marilyn
Monroe's mouth" joke.

--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks

Mikgmx

May 30, 2020, 2:31:28 PM5/30/20
Ben Oliver wrote:
> Mikgmx <Michael....@gmx.at> wrote:
>> tonibens...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> She bedded the Kennedy's, sounds like in her wheelhouse.
>>>
>> She slept with Arthur Miller, AFAIR.
>
> She married him!

That's why I thought that sex would somehow be involved ...

<snip>

Cheers,

Michael "did she cry "Albert" or "Arthur" in bed ?" Kuettner

RH Draney

Jun 2, 2020, 10:25:19 PM6/2/20
On 6/2/2020 2:19 PM, Bo Bradham wrote:
> RH Draney <dado...@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> Contemporaries of Cleopatra also said that as looks go, she was nothing
>> to write home about....r
>
> That may have had as much to do with postal service in 20BC Egypt
> as with Cleopatra's looks.

The Pharaoh was dictating, and his scribe was busily chipping away at
the stone tablet. "I have plans... to form," the monarch said slowly,
"a personal bodyguard... of stalwart... and virile... young men."

The chips flew, but then suddenly ceased flying and the perspiring
chiseller looked up enquiringly. "Excuse me, Your Majesty, but is
'virile' spelled with one or two testicles?"

....r

art...@yahoo.com

Jun 23, 2020, 6:17:55 PM6/23/20
You don't need to be Einstein to realize the folly of writing home about someone's looks.