and this, children, is why you "break step" when crossing bridges

danny burstein

May 11, 2023, 12:59:32 PM5/11/23
(for anyone still here)

https://www.voanews.com/a/at-least-24-injured-in-finland-footbridge-collapse-/7088641.html

dan...@panix.com

Don Freeman

May 12, 2023, 7:17:43 PM5/12/23
On 5/11/2023 10:59 AM, danny burstein wrote:
> (for anyone still here)
>

> https://www.voanews.com/a/at-least-24-injured-in-finland-footbridge-collapse-/7088641.html

Being Finland they should have been spaced enough to not bunch up, as we
all know this is how they queue up for the bus:

https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/aj6MYgw_700b_v1.jpg

E. H. Rice

May 13, 2023, 3:03:38 PM5/13/23
On Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 12:59:32 PM UTC-4, danny burstein wrote:
> (for anyone still here)

Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.

Mark Shaw

May 13, 2023, 9:01:44 PM5/13/23
Sometimes here, sometimes elsewhere. Temporal positioning is a
funny thing.

--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks

Thomas Prufer

May 14, 2023, 1:36:24 AM5/14/23
On Sun, 14 May 2023 01:00:40 -0000 (UTC), Mark Shaw <ms...@panix.com> wrote:

>E. H. Rice <ehric...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 12:59:32?PM UTC-4, danny burstein wrote:
>> > (for anyone still here)
>
>> Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
>
>Sometimes here, sometimes elsewhere. Temporal positioning is a
>funny thing.

Check tomorrow...

Thomas Prufer

Drew Lawson

May 14, 2023, 5:30:22 PM5/14/23
In article <u3pbrn$9uq$1...@reader2.panix.com>
Mark Shaw <ms...@panix.com> writes:
>E. H. Rice <ehric...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 12:59:32 PM UTC-4, danny burstein wrote:
>> > (for anyone still here)
>
>> Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
>
>Sometimes here, sometimes elsewhere. Temporal positioning is a
>funny thing.

I'm here when I'm observed to be here.
Otherwise I'm everywhere.

--
Drew Lawson | What is an "Oprah"?
| -- Teal'c

Thomas Prufer

May 15, 2023, 1:49:22 AM5/15/23
On Sun, 14 May 2023 21:28:07 -0000 (UTC), dr...@furrfu.invalid (Drew Lawson)
wrote:

>In article <u3pbrn$9uq$1...@reader2.panix.com>
> Mark Shaw <ms...@panix.com> writes:
>>E. H. Rice <ehric...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
>>
>>Sometimes here, sometimes elsewhere. Temporal positioning is a
>>funny thing.
>
>I'm here when I'm observed to be here.
>Otherwise I'm everywhere.

But when you are here, you momentum in unknown?

Thomas "uncertain" Prufer

Mac

May 22, 2023, 3:06:12 PM5/22/23
…in six months, as God intended it.

Lee Ayrton

Jul 22, 2023, 10:48:07 AM7/22/23
Yes, but when?

Lee "Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'" Ayrton

Drew Lawson

Jul 22, 2023, 9:47:09 PM7/22/23
In article <03323394-ae8d-4bc3...@googlegroups.com>
Too much time on my hands.
T-T-T-Ticking away with my sanity.

Drew "lost out in the styx" Lawson
--
Drew Lawson | It's not enough to be alive
| when your future's been deferred

Thomas Prufer

Jul 23, 2023, 1:30:05 AM7/23/23
On Sun, 23 Jul 2023 01:46:56 -0000 (UTC), dr...@furrfu.invalid (Drew Lawson)
wrote:

>In article <03323394-ae8d-4bc3...@googlegroups.com>
> Lee Ayrton <layrt...@gmail.com> writes:
>>> Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
>>
>>Yes, but when?
>>

>>Lee "Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'" Ayrton
>
>Too much time on my hands.
>T-T-T-Ticking away with my sanity.
>

>Drew "lost out in the styx" Lawson

Oi, saw a reference in alt.folklore.computers to site that replayed usenet of
forty years ago, post by post...

Electronic social media from before the internet.

Thomas Prufer

Drew Lawson

Jul 23, 2023, 6:53:41 PM7/23/23
In article <9iepbil10ff4bngc2...@4ax.com>
That is disturbing if they have a big enough archive.

40 years is 1983. I got on in 1985, and have some memories of very
AOL/September participation.

Drew "Mistakes were made" Lawson
--
Drew Lawson | Broke my mind
| Had no spare

Thomas Prufer

Jul 24, 2023, 12:56:43 AM7/24/23
On Sun, 23 Jul 2023 22:53:30 -0000 (UTC), dr...@furrfu.invalid (Drew Lawson)
wrote:

>That is disturbing if they have a big enough archive.
>
>40 years is 1983. I got on in 1985, and have some memories of very
>AOL/September participation.
>

>Drew "Mistakes were made" Lawson

The post is

From: Tavis Ormandy <tav...@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Subject: oldusenet project
Date: 17 Dec 2022 18:18:45 GMT

>I thought this might be interesting to some readers here, the olduse.net
>project has recently restarted (note: it's not my project, I'm just
>a user)
>
>https://olduse.net/#forty
>
>It's an nntp server that replays usenet posts with a 40 year delay. I
>quite enjoy following some of the old discussions at the speed they
>happened.
>
>Obviously it's read only - it's a usenet server, not a DeLorean :)
>
>Tavis.

And: yes, disturbing...

Thomas Prufer