MUSIC RELATED ULS

1 view

tak

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

Anybody out there have any interesting music/rock-related ULs to share?
I'd like to get the ball rolling with a few choice cuts...

1) The infamous Rod Stewart sperm-in-the-stomach story that resurfaces
every five years or so (we're about due for its return). One time this
story resurfaced with Jon Bon Jovi as the unfortunate orgy-goer whose
over-enthusiasm for oral sex leads him to the nearest emergency room where
he promply has a full litre of sperm stomach-pumped out of him. A friend
of mine still swears he saw this on Entertainment Tonite!

2) Alice Cooper tossing a live puppy into an audience and saying he
wouldn't play until the puppy was torn to shreds. According to legend,
the audience complied.

3) K.I.S.S. means Knights in Satan's Service!

4) Was Chuck Berry really caught on video urinating on a couple of lady
fans? Al Goldstien of SCREW magazine is selling a video purporting to be
of this incident.

Anybody else?

Mark Thibodeau

DMart309

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

t...@passport.ca (tak) Wrote:

>4) Was Chuck Berry really caught on video urinating on a couple of lady
>fans? Al Goldstien of SCREW magazine is selling a video purporting to be
>of this incident.

Yep, at least according to _Spy_ a few years back. I don't know what
issue, but it was the one with Hillary's face on the dominatrix body. It
was only one woman, he urinated on her and (skip to next graf if you're
sensitive) um, er, ate her #2. It also went on to detail his
videotaping women in the bathroom of his <mumble>. These he edited into a
highlight tape.

Now, you have to take _Spy_ for what it's worth, but I've never known
them to engage in outright fabrication. FYI: The article was much more
disturbing than I have been able to convey here. Well worth looking up!

Doug
"I read it in a magazine, It must be true!"

This is only a test...Had this been an actual sig....

DMar...@AOL.com

Angela Reid

Sep 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/26/96

tak (t...@passport.ca) wrote:
: Anybody out there have any interesting music/rock-related ULs to share?

: I'd like to get the ball rolling with a few choice cuts...

Well, there's always Ozzy Osborne biting the heads off of live bats.

Another legend I heard about Alice Cooper said that he passed a bucket
around the crowd and told people they could do anything they wanted in it,
spit, urinate, whatever. When it came back around to the stage, he drank
it.

Angela

Nick S Bensema

Sep 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/28/96

In article <52dvem$7...@newz.oit.unc.edu>,

Angela Reid <abr...@email.unc.edu> wrote:
>tak (t...@passport.ca) wrote:
>: Anybody out there have any interesting music/rock-related ULs to share?
>: I'd like to get the ball rolling with a few choice cuts...
>
>Well, there's always Ozzy Osborne biting the heads off of live bats.

This might be one for the FAQ. According to Ozzy, he only did this once.
During his Diary of a Madman tour, people would throw just about anything
they could bring onto the stage. One fateful day someone brought up a
bat, a live one. They threw it, Ozzy grabbed it and, thinking it was a
toy or something, bit the head off. My sources are both Ozzy's own
appearances, in his own documentary video ("Don't Blame Me") and an
appearance on the Tom Snyder show earlier this year. He had to take
many painful rabies shots afterwards. "So for those of you who think it's
cool.... well, if you want to be a complete dick, try it."

From what I had gathered from subsequent postings on alt.music.ozzy, this
happened in Des Moines, Iowa while Randy Rhoads was still alive. I even
seem to recall that the caller for the Tom Snyder show who brought the
issue up was calling from Des Moines. While searching the web for Ozzy
pages and information, I repeatedly came across one newspaper article
regarding how Ozzy passed out at a subsequent show, in Chicago I think,
but nothing pin-pointed the date. This must have been in a few papers at
least, so a trip to the library ought to clear it up. Especially a Des
Moines library.

Other Ozzy UL's: He bit the head off a dove at CBS. Pictures are shown
in the "Don't Blame Me" video. He was also banned from San Antonio.
Without consulting the documentary, can you guess why?

>Another legend I heard about Alice Cooper said that he passed a bucket
>around the crowd and told people they could do anything they wanted in it,
>spit, urinate, whatever. When it came back around to the stage, he drank
>it.

Dammit, you would THINK I would have heard TONS of this Alice Cooper dirt,
considering he went to the same high school as I did, though many many
years earlier. I guess it's yet another thing I've missed out on for
being ten years too young, everyone at school was too Top-40 to care about
Alice.

Apparently there was some thing with a chicken, and people twisted it into
him biting the head off it. I dunno. In desperate attempts to say
something interesting, people have told me that originally, a "geek" was
some guy in the circus who bit the heads off chickens. Maybe that's false
too, and Ozzy is the only real documented geek we know of.

--
N i c k B e n s e m a < n i c k b @ p r i m e n e t . c o m > ,-._|\
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ / \

Jim Hutchins

Sep 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/30/96

tak (t...@passport.ca) wrote:
: Anybody out there have any interesting music/rock-related ULs to share?

Mid-1970s, song: "Love Rollercoaster", band: Ohio Players [?].

UL: murder committed in hallway during recording session, screams recorded
on master tape, band liked it so much they kept it on the recording
released to the public.

--
Jim Hutchins hutc...@netdoor.com hutc...@umsmed.edu

Red Adept

Oct 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/8/96

On 28 Sep 1996 01:19:21 -0700, ni...@primenet.com (Nick S Bensema)
wrote:

>In article <52dvem$7...@newz.oit.unc.edu>,

>Other Ozzy UL's: He bit the head off a dove at CBS. Pictures are shown
>in the "Don't Blame Me" video. He was also banned from San Antonio.
>Without consulting the documentary, can you guess why?

Yeah, he relieved himself upon the Alamo Cenotaph. Not the Alamo
proper, as is usually reported, but the monument near it.

--Red
San Antonio Shadowfist Stunt Team Member

---
reda...@concentric.net reda...@cris.com
---
Frost fills the sky over Ten Mile Lake
Silken threads anxious of youth
Looking at the moon and feeling lonely
Envious of love, not of immortality
From: A Chinese Ghost Story

Crispy5658

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

Tak asks: "Anybody out there have any music/rock-related
UL's to share?"

I've got one regarding Talking Heads--during the recording of 'Stop Making
Sense' live album, I heard rumors that all the band members were all
tripping on acid. . .Hmmmm. . .I don't think so. . .

And of course, there's also the one we all heard in about 6th grade, that
KISS was an acronym for Knights in Satan's Service, that they were all
devil worshipers. . .

Nikita

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

> And of course, there's also the one we all heard in about 6th grade, that
> KISS was an acronym for Knights in Satan's Service, that they were all
> devil worshipers. . .

From my primary school days..

There was also WASP = We Are Sexual Perverts.. This may be *slightly*
more believable..*s*

Andrew Rogers

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Crispy5658 wrote:

> And of course, there's also the one we all heard in about 6th grade, that
> KISS was an acronym for Knights in Satan's Service, that they were all
> devil worshipers. . .

Ever take a close look at the body of Gene Simmons' "Punisher"
bass? Sure looks like Satan - with the horns and goatee - to me...

Andrew

Chris Butler

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

In article <54p76o$1...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

Crispy5658 <crisp...@aol.com> wrote:
>Tak asks: "Anybody out there have any music/rock-related
>UL's to share?"
>
>And of course, there's also the one we all heard in about 6th grade, that
>KISS was an acronym for Knights in Satan's Service, that they were all
>devil worshipers. . .

I remember the early days of Rush, back when they had the
pentagram-related logo - some people said 'RUSH' stands for
'Raised Under Satan's Hand'.

Do rumors count? The Canadian band 'Klaatu' was rumored to be the
Beatles under another name.

Robert Johnson (old blues legend) supposedly sold his soul to the
devil in exchange for his musical ability.

Elvis is alive and well and visiting 7-11's all across the US.

Later,
-Chris
--
Chris Butler aka cbu...@nortel.ca -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Got the "I don't know where I'm goin', but I'm goin' nowhere in

Bo Bradham

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

Chris Butler <cbu...@nortel.ca> wrote:
>Crispy5658 <crisp...@aol.com> wrote:
>>Tak asks: "Anybody out there have any music/rock-related
>>UL's to share?"
>>
>Do rumors count?

I have nothing to add to this thread, I just want to say "welcome
to afu."

Bo "seriously" Bradham
--
If you think splitting your own skull with an axe is a
breeze, just try it some time. -- Bob Rust

snopes

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

RFerrie <rfe...@inforamp.net> wrote:

> Her story is that, many years ago, James Taylor and his band were on tour
> for an extended period, and Taylor often expressed how much he missed his
> wife/girlfriend. Soooooo, his loving and devoted band & crew took up a
> collection, so that they could surprise Taylor by flying his
> wife/girlfriend to him on tour (sometimes my friend adds that it's for
> his birthday). But, alas, the flight crashes, wife/girlfriend dies.
> Taylor writes "Fire and Rain" about her. Awww, isn't that so tragic, etc.
> etc.

No. Suzanne was a woman Taylor met while in the hospital for "substance
abuse" (chronicled in his song "Knockin' Around the Zoo") who later died
of an overdose. She was not his wife/girlfriend, and she didn't die in
a plane crash (the line about "flying machine[s]" refers to the demise
of a group with that name, of which Taylor was a member).

- snopes

| snopes has a special protective coating that makes him easy to swallow. |

RFerrie

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

Chris Butler wrote:

> In article <54p76o$1...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

> Crispy5658 <crisp...@aol.com> wrote:
> >Tak asks: "Anybody out there have any music/rock-related
> >UL's to share?"

I did look in the Urban Legends Archive, like a good little lurker, but
didn't spot this one that my friend SWEARS is God's Truth. Yeah, it
doesn't really fit the "UL" profile, but I've been dying to either
confirm it, or tell my friend to stop spouting it at the drop of a hat.

Her story is that, many years ago, James Taylor and his band were on tour
for an extended period, and Taylor often expressed how much he missed his
wife/girlfriend. Soooooo, his loving and devoted band & crew took up a
collection, so that they could surprise Taylor by flying his
wife/girlfriend to him on tour (sometimes my friend adds that it's for
his birthday). But, alas, the flight crashes, wife/girlfriend dies.
Taylor writes "Fire and Rain" about her. Awww, isn't that so tragic, etc.
etc.

Any knowledge of fact or myth?

Ted Frank

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

In article <55876i$b...@nntp1.best.com>, snopes <sno...@best.com> wrote:
> a plane crash (the line about "flying machine[s]" refers to the demise
> of a group with that name, of which Taylor was a member).

I thought that was Paul McCartney.
--
m...@radix.net "Every few months, another inspired restaurateur will
come forth with a new proposal for a new, more perfect,

Lawrence Kubicz

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

Larry Kubicz (hey, that's me!) wrote:

>"And if I'm feelin' heavy,
>There's a chick around to be my slave.
>But they'll hit me with the needle
>If they think I'm tryin' to misbehave."
> --JT

That should be "edgy", not "heavy".

Larry "will misquote old songs for food" Kubicz
lku...@earthlink.net

Chris Butler

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

In article <557tel$2...@panix2.panix.com>, Bo Bradham <bra...@panix.com> wrote:

>Chris Butler <cbu...@nortel.ca> wrote:
>>Do rumors count?
>
>I have nothing to add to this thread, I just want to say "welcome
>to afu."

A big thank you for the welcome, but I've been here (lurking and
posting occasionally) for quite some time, thenkyouverymuch.
I just thought the original poster wasn't clear on the type of
legend/story/folklore he was looking for.

>Bo "seriously" Bradham

Ditto.

Meredith Tanner

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

In article <327628...@hi.com>, Andrew Rogers <rog...@hi.com> wrote:

>Crispy5658 wrote:
>
>> And of course, there's also the one we all heard in about 6th grade, that
>> KISS was an acronym for Knights in Satan's Service, that they were all
>> devil worshipers. . .
>
>Ever take a close look at the body of Gene Simmons' "Punisher"
>bass? Sure looks like Satan - with the horns and goatee - to me...

i can just see the Weekly World News headline now:

DEVIL'S FACE SEEN AT ROCK CONCERT -- IS GENE SIMMONS' BASS SATAN?

i didn't have the heart to write a lead paragraph to go with it
--
"and if I die before I learn to speak
can money pay for all the days i lived awake but half asleep"

Barbara Mikkelson

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

Meredith Tanner <me...@crl.com> wrote:

> i can just see the Weekly World News headline now:
>
> DEVIL'S FACE SEEN AT ROCK CONCERT -- IS GENE SIMMONS' BASS SATAN?

Nah -- you're thinking of his *moose*, not his fish.

Barbara "and his salmon is clearly mousse" Mikkelson
--
Barbara Mikkelson | It must be a cite, it's got numbers in it.
bha...@fas.harvard.edu | - Brian Jones