UL reference?

Mark Shaw

Mar 28, 2022, 7:41:54 PMMar 28
What's the go-to resource for debunking ULs these days? Snopes seems
to have evolved into pure fact-checking, and I've found nothing else
useful.

Thanks-

--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks

cbusylol

Apr 4, 2022, 2:31:54 AMApr 4
There probably aren't a lot now that social media is a loudspeaker

And social media networks aren't exactly designed or have instruments
to find or archive much of anything that is posted- it's all now now now.

All you need is one situation / video and 200 people retweeting out of
context and bam, you have yourself a modern urban legend.

This will likely never change since the majority of those that listen don't
bother to do any sort of research, which all ULs tend to have in common
and propagate through.

Word of mouth spread is a lot less though (read: not through the keyboard)
and there's all sorts of factors into that.