Books On Business Communication Pdf Download

Marq Kizziar

Dec 6, 2023, 9:33:12 PM12/6/23
Business Communication: Building Critical Skills was built to provide the ultimate in freedom, flexibility, and focused classroom. Broken into 30 modular chapters, this text provides topic-focused modules, allowing instructors to customize their resources piece-by-piece to best suite their course and teaching style. Each module has a strong workplace activity orientation, supporting students to build critical skills in writing, speaking, and listening. Locker/Kaczmarek is grounded in solid business communication fundamentals, and supports students to piece together what is needed to be a successful communicator for the 21st century.

books on business communication pdf download
DOWNLOAD https://tinurll.com/2wIMtc

Since the book was published in 2015, newer concepts are not addressed. For example, how to communicate effectively in virtual meetings or via social channels. The nature of how we communicate has significantly changed since 2015 so any business communication textbook that is older will have similar shortfalls. I do believe this content could be added in standalone sections or chapters.

The book is conversational and engaging. It is appropriate for an introductory level class and for students from various majors. I think all students could benefit from the communication concepts outlined in this book, not strictly business students.

The book is already missing any significant content on how technology has massively changed business communication in the past 10 years, and while it mentions it indirectly (basically saying "it's affecting things") in several places, without at least one chapter dedicated to those changes, it seems both incomplete and very hard to update and revise.

All inter- and intra-cultural information in smushed into one of the chapters that feels like an afterthought or revision chapter added later. There is no integration of global business communication in any regular manner throughout the text, and exercises (which are weak in general) are very monocultural. It reads like a textbook for upper-middle class white students, written by one just a generation older. This is definitely an area where you'd need to go find another, *much* more detailed and specific source, especially for examples and possible homework exercises or group activities to put into action.

This book is a comprehensive look at business and professional communication. It covers almost everything I would cover in my business and professional communication class. I really like the chapter on intercultural and international business...read more

This book is a comprehensive look at business and professional communication. It covers almost everything I would cover in my business and professional communication class. I really like the chapter on intercultural and international business practices as those are two areas often not included in other books.

I didn't find many errors, but the definitions and models of communication are outdated. I believe the author could have found more recent definitions, models, and conceptions of communication. I also would have liked to see more of a discussion of organizational communication concepts in business communication.

Overall, the text is up-to-date with technical information.
There are some cultural points that may become outdated quickly (or could feel alienating to some students). For example, in "Demographic Traits" on page 86, there is a heavy focus on male/female as an example of a demographic trait.
However, later in the same chapter, a lengthy discussion on "mutuality and non-judgmental-ism" ensues.
Chapter 9 covers "up-to-date" communication methods used in the business arena very well. These include text, email, netiquette, memos, letters, proposals, reports, resume, and sales messages.
Chapter 18 covers Intercultural Communication. My concern with this section is the references used are from 1958 and 2005. I feel strongly that there are more recent examples of references that could be used.

The book is pretty thorough with the topics that are covered. In fact, there are topics in the presentation sections that are not normally covered in the business communications textbooks that I currently use. The order in which the subjects are...read more

The book is pretty thorough with the topics that are covered. In fact, there are topics in the presentation sections that are not normally covered in the business communications textbooks that I currently use. The order in which the subjects are presented is different than what I have been used to, and wanted to know if there was a particular reason for some of the ordering of subject matter.

This book was written in 2015. Many things have changed in business communication. I would like to see it updated to include the use of social media in business and how important that can be to the success of a business.

I used this book for a recently business communications course. Generally speaking, the book had all the requisite basics of business communications. I added a few modules to address today's social mediums in more detail. A great free text,...read more

I used this book for a recently business communications course. Generally speaking, the book had all the requisite basics of business communications. I added a few modules to address today's social mediums in more detail. A great free text, would have loved to have some supporting materials; test modules, ppt slides.

I studied business communications many moons ago. Some aspects of it have not changed since then; but we do have more social business communications mediums. The book can easily adapt to incorporation of more social communications mediums.

Foundation chapters first; easy to apply those concepts to all other chapters that follow. I integrated some of the more current business communications tools like Linked In, resume building, and more in the writing sections. I had students who were preparing for the workplace so it was a practical diversion from the text.

I did enjoy using it. I would have liked to see more updated business communications methods in use today, especially social mediums. I would have liked to see a workbook or case to be worked throughout the term. Slides would have been a plus! Overall, I enjoyed using it and it was my first OER text.

The greatest asset of this book (and occasionally its weakness) is its attempt to be all encompassing. It definitely seeks comprehensiveness, to introduce a complete spectrum of business communication methodology. This is often effective. The...read more

The greatest asset of this book (and occasionally its weakness) is its attempt to be all encompassing. It definitely seeks comprehensiveness, to introduce a complete spectrum of business communication methodology. This is often effective. The book begins linguistically, introducing concepts of language and communication, shifts to audience and tone before touching upon actual writing. The move to presentation and group dynamics is in keeping with the wide-spectrum the book covers. Sometimes, though, this attempt at comprehensiveness results in the book being dilettantish. I am interested in this book as a textbook for a class in Professional and Technical Writing. My review should be seen through that lens.

The writing of this book is clear and accessible. There are, in fact, gems of writing to be found throughout. Section 4.4 Style in Written Communication, for instance. Here concepts of communication are clearly articulated enough to additionally demonstrate how writing inaccuracies leads to business miscommunications.

This textbook address written, oral, nonverbal and interpersonal communication at large. Many business communication textbooks focus solely on written and oral communication, so including these other dimensions brings an important nuance to this...read more

This textbook address written, oral, nonverbal and interpersonal communication at large. Many business communication textbooks focus solely on written and oral communication, so including these other dimensions brings an important nuance to this subject. It also includes the foundational chapters for some of the most common business communication assignments: writing preparation, composition, and revision, business, delivering negative news, team communication, business presentations, etc.

Like any textbook, incorporating technological advancements is a double-edged sword. Ignoring it is foolish, but discussion surrounding specific technologies is often obsolete by the time the book is published. I thought they did a great job not making and part of the text centered on specific technologies, but focused on timeless business communication principles. This should keep the book up to date for sometime.

The book does do a really good job of incorporating a diverse range of experiences and perspectives. The authors have successfully worked to provide a global perspective on business communication. Rather than just incorporating snippets or vignettes in a couple chapters, they actually have a whole chapter dedicated to intercultural and international communication. Moreover, diversity is not just conceived of in racial or ethnic terms, but the authors make sure to incorporate identity topics related to gender, sexuality, age, and disability as well.

This text was exceptionally well written and very comprehensive. The author was very eloquent in the way that they explained the content. The text covered critical topics for business communication. The book includes learning resources and...read more

This text was exceptionally well written and very comprehensive. The author was very eloquent in the way that they explained the content. The text covered critical topics for business communication. The book includes learning resources and activities included. An index or glossary would have been beneficial to the reader.

The content of the text is still relevant today. The text could benefit from a section related to social media usage for businesses. The digital age requires this for those in business communications.
eebf2c3492