Atheism wins another one!!

1 view

Bigfoot

Jul 4, 2002, 4:42:41 PM7/4/02
JabrioL wrote:

> On 4-Jul-2002, KC Armstrong <kcarm...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> > The same lack of scientific knowledge that you exhibit? Evolution is an
> > observable event, period.
>
> yeah?

Yes.

> how? by studying bones?

Not necessary- live critters will do just fine.
Have you ever raised/bred pets or livestock? Know someone
who does?
Tell me:
What is animal husbandry, if not the deliberate manipulation
of the evolutionary process?

> it does not pass the scientific method...uh.. period.

How do you define 'scientific method'?

Robert Reichenberger

Jul 5, 2002, 2:11:45 AM7/5/02
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!(THE BIG ENOURMOUS CROWD!)

AM Yates

Jul 5, 2002, 2:22:57 PM7/5/02

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, JabrioL wrote:

> On 4-Jul-2002, Bigfoot <spam...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> > Not necessary- live critters will do just fine.
> > Have you ever raised/bred pets or livestock?
>

> yes.. dogs are still dogs, chickens continue to be chickens and cows.. are
> still cows

Yes and whales are still mammals, birds are still dinosaurs and we are
still cattarhine primates.... your point is?

Adam

Bigfoot

Jul 5, 2002, 4:25:34 PM7/5/02
JabrioL wrote:

> yes.. dogs are still dogs, chickens continue to be chickens and cows.. are
> still cows

And how did all of the varied breeds of dogs, chickens, etc.
come into existence? Did some magical dude wave a wand and
*poof!* there they were? Or do they exist due to extensive
crossbreeding, i.e., purposefully selecting for desirable traits
in order that succeeding generations may (hopefully) evolve
into breeds with the desired characteristics?

Of all serious crimes under the law, smuggling...
least violates the consciences of men. It is a crime
against law and against government, but not against
morality. The smuggler robs no man. He buys goods
honestly in one market and sells them honestly in
another. His offense is against an arbitrary regulation
of government.... he simply fails to pay its demands.
Many men otherwise honest are unable to see any moral
turpitude in smuggling. ...government, in exacting toll,
plays the part of the highwayman.

-- The Oregonian, Jan. 21, 1886

deowll

Jul 5, 2002, 7:00:17 PM7/5/02

"JabrioL" <jab...@backdraft.org> wrote in message

> On 4-Jul-2002, Bigfoot <spam...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> > Not necessary- live critters will do just fine.
> > Have you ever raised/bred pets or livestock?
>
> yes.. dogs are still dogs, chickens continue to be chickens and cows.. are
> still cows

Sure and take a look at the various breeds of dogs, chickens, cows, etc
developed by selective breeding. Breeds of dogs vary so much in size that
some couldn't possibly mate.

What they've done to some tropical fish in less than a hundred years is
wild.

deowll

Richard S. Norman

Jul 6, 2002, 2:30:45 PM7/6/02
On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 17:35:51 +0000 (UTC), "JabrioL"
<jab...@backdraft.org> wrote:

>On 5-Jul-2002, "deowll" <deo...@usit.net> wrote:
>
>> Sure and take a look at the various breeds of dogs, chickens, cows, etc
>> developed by selective breeding. Breeds of dogs vary so much in size that
>> some couldn't possibly mate.
>>
>> What they've done to some tropical fish in less than a hundred years is
>> wild.
>

>and? they are still fish.. now if you gradually changing this fishh to
>become a bird..that is different.

I have spent six whole months, now, trying to change an amoeba into a
mammal and haven't succeeded! Clearly the idea of evolution is wrong.

AC

Jul 6, 2002, 5:59:09 PM7/6/02
In article <ag79g5$elc$1...@nocsv003.tocn.ne.jp>, JabrioL wrote:

> On 5-Jul-2002, Bigfoot <spam...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>> And how did all of the varied breeds of dogs, chickens, etc.
>> come into existence? Did some magical dude wave a wand and
>> *poof!* there they were? Or do they exist due to extensive
>> crossbreeding, i.e., purposefully selecting for desirable traits
>> in order that succeeding generations may (hopefully) evolve
>> into breeds with the desired characteristics?
>
> How did the varies races of people evolved? from different tribes of chimps?
> and how come we do not see that today?

Don't be an idiot. Human races are extremely young, likely no older than
fifty thousand years old.

> a dog is dog, will be a dog, no matter how you crossbreed..

A dog is already very different from the parent wolf stock.

--
AC

Brought to you by Ed the Invisible Orange Iguana of Doom, Creator of the
Universe.

AC

Jul 6, 2002, 6:01:17 PM7/6/02
In article <ag7a2q$ee1$5...@nocsv003.tocn.ne.jp>, JabrioL wrote:

> On 5-Jul-2002, "deowll" <deo...@usit.net> wrote:
>
>> Sure and take a look at the various breeds of dogs, chickens, cows, etc
>> developed by selective breeding. Breeds of dogs vary so much in size that
>> some couldn't possibly mate.
>>
>> What they've done to some tropical fish in less than a hundred years is
>> wild.
>
> and? they are still fish.. now if you gradually changing this fishh to
> become a bird..that is different.

Hold on here. We're not talking about changing fish into amphibians. You
are intentionally changing the scope rather than dealing with the point. A
sure seen of intellectual dishonesty.

Bigfoot

Jul 7, 2002, 1:06:19 AM7/7/02
JabrioL wrote:

> How did the varies races of people evolved? from different tribes of chimps?
> and how come we do not see that today?

As a matter of fact, we *are* witnessing evolution of homo s.
Every day, people from once isolated populations are interbreeding
and producing offspring with new and unique genetic combinations.

> a dog is dog, will be a dog, no matter how you crossbreed..

Only if your view is limited to the narrow timeline of human
perception. Over the course of several million years, however....

Sean Carroll

Jul 7, 2002, 4:06:58 PM7/7/02
On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 05:06:19 +0000 (UTC), Bigfoot
<spam...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>JabrioL wrote:

>> How did the varies races of people evolved? from different tribes of chimps?
>> and how come we do not see that today?

>As a matter of fact, we *are* witnessing evolution of homo s.
>Every day, people from once isolated populations are interbreeding
>and producing offspring with new and unique genetic combinations.

Also, a recent study has established pretty conclusively that there
*are* no separate races of humans, that _Homo sapiens sapiens_ has not
been around long enough to cross the line from gradual geographic
variation of characters into discrete races, like the 2 races of
gorilla.

The very fact that people see something they often like to call
separate races of human, despite the fact that there is really only
the human race, is a witness to the continuing evolution of our
species.

--Sean
http://www.livejournal.com/users/spclsd223/

AM Yates

Jul 8, 2002, 9:35:51 AM7/8/02

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, JabrioL wrote:

> On 5-Jul-2002, AM Yates <gl...@bris.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Yes and whales are still mammals, birds are still dinosaurs and we are
> > still cattarhine primates.... your point is?

> birds are dinosaurs? where did you take science class? K-Mart?

You betray your own ignorance. This a very well supported and much
publicised hypothesis - even most creationists will have heard of it. It
will be taught in any decent class on the history of life in any
university around the world, not just at K-mart.

Adam Yates PhD (K-mart, McIntyre Road, Modbury North, South Australia)

jabriol

Jul 8, 2002, 5:42:57 PM7/8/02
AM Yates <gl...@bris.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<Pine.SOL.3.95q.10207...@eis.bris.ac.uk>...

> On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, JabrioL wrote:
> > On 5-Jul-2002, AM Yates <gl...@bris.ac.uk> wrote:
> > > Yes and whales are still mammals, birds are still dinosaurs and we are
> > > still cattarhine primates.... your point is?
> > birds are dinosaurs? where did you take science class? K-Mart?
>
> You betray your own ignorance. This a very well supported and much
> publicised hypothesis - even most creationists will have heard of it.

Hypothesis? of course, everybody knows what a hypothesis is. However
what we would like to know is... does a hypothesis make a bird a
dinosaur?

> It
> will be taught in any decent class on the history of life in any
> university around the world, not just at K-mart.
>
> Adam Yates PhD (K-mart, McIntyre Road, Modbury North, South Australia)

I see, birds are dinisaurs, and this is taught in history class.
LOL... ahem
excuse one second..

arhhhhhh HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

... SNIF!,,, I need a gough laugh from time to time.

AC

Jul 8, 2002, 7:50:50 PM7/8/02
In article <agd3qg$li7$2...@nocsv003.tocn.ne.jp>, JAbriol wrote:

> On 6-Jul-2002, AC <sp...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> What they've done to some tropical fish in less than a hundred years is
>> >
>> > and? they are still fish.. now if you gradually changing this fishh to
>> > become a bird..that is different.
>>
>> Hold on here. We're not talking about changing fish into amphibians. You
>> are intentionally changing the scope rather than dealing with the point.
>> sure seen of intellectual dishonesty.
>
> Let me rephrase this, If he gradually, by breeding fish, slecting the right
> ones, adjusting the enviroment to force selective preasures, eventually in
> his lifetime he will have a bird.. better.

You've rephrased, but are still maintaining the same scope. Why would you
do that?

Sean Carroll

Jul 8, 2002, 7:57:14 PM7/8/02
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:42:57 +0000 (UTC), jab...@navegalia.com
(jabriol) wrote:

>AM Yates <gl...@bris.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<Pine.SOL.3.95q.10207...@eis.bris.ac.uk>...

>> You betray your own ignorance. This a very well supported and much

>> publicised hypothesis - even most creationists will have heard of it.

>Hypothesis? of course, everybody knows what a hypothesis is. However
>what we would like to know is... does a hypothesis make a bird a
>dinosaur?

Apparently, everybody does *not* know what a hypothesis is. You, of
course, are the one exception.

--Sean
http://www.livejournal.com/users/spclsd223/

stew dean

Jul 9, 2002, 7:51:10 AM7/9/02
jab...@navegalia.com (jabriol) wrote in message news:<fa5ccbfa.02070...@posting.google.com>...

> AM Yates <gl...@bris.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<Pine.SOL.3.95q.10207...@eis.bris.ac.uk>...
> > > birds are dinosaurs? where did you take science class? K-Mart?
> >
> > You betray your own ignorance. This a very well supported and much
> > publicised hypothesis - even most creationists will have heard of it.
>
> Hypothesis? of course, everybody knows what a hypothesis is. However
> what we would like to know is... does a hypothesis make a bird a
> dinosaur?

No objectivity does.

> > It
> > will be taught in any decent class on the history of life in any
> > university around the world, not just at K-mart.
> >
> > Adam Yates PhD (K-mart, McIntyre Road, Modbury North, South Australia)
>
> I see, birds are dinisaurs, and this is taught in history class.
> LOL... ahem
> excuse one second..
>
> arhhhhhh HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
> HA HA HA HA HA HA
> HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
>
> HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
>
> ... SNIF!,,, I need a gough laugh from time to time.

Not history - biology. The bird / dinosaur thing has been well covered
and is generally accepted. Birds are not actually dinosaurs - but they
are the closest living thing. Take the skeleton of a chicken and a
small biped dinosaur. Even at this extreme you can see similarities.

And now some external stuff...

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/society/ngo/events/98/dinosaurs/index.html

http://www.abc.net.au/science/slab/dinobird/story.htm

Stew Dean

stew dean

Jul 9, 2002, 7:56:29 AM7/9/02
"Richard S. Norman" <rno...@umich.edu> wrote in message news:<uudeiu07aqbvj4onl...@4ax.com>...

Maybe the amoeba needs more motivation. Perhaps if you ask it what
kind of mammal it wants to be...

Stew Dean

David Sienkiewicz

Jul 9, 2002, 12:17:41 PM7/9/02
You really shouldn't reply to jabriol, Skippy.

jabriol is an insane little man who, yes, does respond more than Ed but he
doesn't "debate" any more than Ed does.

Like Ed, he's set on "broadcast."

You will never convince jabriol of anything. You should stop trying -
immediately. Right now. Give up.

You must do that because I say so and for no other reason.

It doesn't matter what you want to do. Your own rights and purposes are of
no consequence.

It doesn't matter that this is an open newsgroup.

It doesn't matter that part of the reason for the very existence of
talk.origins is to counter and refute people like jabriol.

It doesn't matter that there was never any stated or implied limitation to
how many times any one person may involve himself or herself in interaction
with any one other.

You must stop - now.

Because I say so.

And you will stop - now.

Or I will harass the living shit out of you until you do.

By the way, I can listen to pretty much any kind of music, but "Mr. Sheen"
is really awful.

But hey, I'm just registering my opinion. I have the right to criticize
you. I realize it would be simpler to just killfile you or simply not read
your comments to jabriol.

But my rights to read what I want and only what I want in talk.origins
supercedes your rights to communicate with whomever you wish in whatever
fashion you wish.

So stop trying to convince jabriol of anything. You can't. Give up.

Now.

"stew dean" <ste...@webslave.dircon.co.uk> wrote in message

Chris Thompson

Jul 9, 2002, 2:49:53 PM7/9/02

> On 4-Jul-2002, KC Armstrong <kcarm...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> > >Science is not about
> > did

> > does
> > > >

> > > Sorry, Science does not work that way.. the issue with the titanic,
> > > was due to lack of scientific knowledge, and human greed.

> > The same lack of scientific knowledge that you exhibit? Evolution is an
> > observable event, period.
>
> yeah? how? by studying bones?

Start by doing any studying at all.

stew dean

Jul 9, 2002, 9:34:35 PM7/9/02
"David Sienkiewicz" <david_si...@blockattbi.com> wrote in message news:<A4EW8.461630$cQ3.38373@sccrnsc01>...

> jabriol is an insane little man who, yes, does respond more than Ed but he
> doesn't "debate" any more than Ed does.
>
> Like Ed, he's set on "broadcast."
>
> You will never convince jabriol of anything. You should stop trying -
> immediately. Right now. Give up.

Good idea. I will.

> By the way, I can listen to pretty much any kind of music, but "Mr. Sheen"
> is really awful.

Mr Sheen, for those who don't love me as much as David, is the band I
play in. Dave is just being nasty (silly man) as Mr Sheen is much
loved by many who come and see us. Anyone in or near Peterborough can
come and hear us play for free at the Peterborough willow festival
this Friday or at one of our London gigs (sorry not free) coming up
over the next few weeks.

Visit the sit at www.mrsheen.net.

Just to prove some of us have something going on outside of
talk.origins. Very off topic but then that's nothing new. At least I'm
not arguing with David.

> So stop trying to convince jabriol of anything. You can't. Give up.
>
> Now.

Wise advice which I will follow.

Stew Dean

David Sienkiewicz

Jul 10, 2002, 12:16:41 AM7/10/02
"stew dean" <ste...@webslave.dircon.co.uk> wrote in message

> "David Sienkiewicz" <david_si...@blockattbi.com> wrote in message
>
> > jabriol is an insane little man who, yes, does respond more than Ed but
he
> > doesn't "debate" any more than Ed does.
> >
> > Like Ed, he's set on "broadcast."
> >
> > You will never convince jabriol of anything. You should stop trying -
> > immediately. Right now. Give up.
>
> Good idea. I will.

Until you change your mind, of course.

> > By the way, I can listen to pretty much any kind of music, but "Mr.
Sheen"
> > is really awful.
>
> Mr Sheen, for those who don't love me as much as David, is the band I
> play in. Dave is just being nasty (silly man) as Mr Sheen is much
> loved by many who come and see us.

Actually, the tunes are pretty catchy. The lead singer needs to work on a
few things - there were many sour notes in the samples to which I listened.

But I suspect that, considering the general venues of amateur bands in
London, it's quite a stretch to assume that because a band is enjoyed by
some that they are also "much loved by many."

> Anyone in or near Peterborough can
> come and hear us play for free at the Peterborough willow festival
> this Friday or at one of our London gigs (sorry not free) coming up
> over the next few weeks.
>
> Visit the sit at www.mrsheen.net.

Here you will find sound bytes. Again, some catchy tunes. The band needs
work, but then, nobody's perfect.

> Just to prove some of us have something going on outside of
> talk.origins.

I would imagine that everyone does, Skippy.

> Very off topic but then that's nothing new. At least I'm
> not arguing with David.

I figured you wouldn't.

> > So stop trying to convince jabriol of anything. You can't. Give up.
> >
> > Now.
>
> Wise advice which I will follow.

We'll see.

KC Armstrong

Jul 10, 2002, 12:55:21 AM7/10/02

"Chris Thompson" <rockwallaby@REMOVE_THIShotmail.com> wrote in message

> "JabrioL" <jab...@backdraft.org> wrote in message

SNIP

> > > The same lack of scientific knowledge that you exhibit? Evolution is
an
> > > observable event, period.
> >
> > yeah? how? by studying bones?
>
> Start by doing any studying at all.

So who is this JabrioL? His English is atrocious and his logic is not logic.
A valid measured comment is answered by him with such off-concept crap that
it actually suggests some form of intelligence on his part. Some of it is
almost funny, but I am looking from the outside. For the rest of the time he
seems to be a mindless idiot. I'm new here, so pardon the questions.

KA

Patrick James

Jul 10, 2002, 8:14:31 AM7/10/02
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 23:55:21 -0500, KC Armstrong wrote
(in message <B6PW8.45501$8H1.2...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>):

Jabby is a troll. He is a JW, which is why this is xposted to a.r.j-w; he
wants the homeys to see how he does against the infidel. Jabby thinks (for
very elastic definitions of the word 'think') that Evolution is Evil. If he
can show how Evolution Leads To Bad Things, then everyone will realise that
it is Evil, and will become JWs and will be Saved. (Jabby hasn't read
Revelation, particularly the bit where only 144,000 _Jews_ will be Saved and
everyone else gets dumped...) To this end, Jabby attempts to xpost across
USENET, telling rape victims that Evolution says that 'rape is good', telling
depressed teenagers that suicide is good, telling war refugees that the fact
that they got hammered shows that they are Not Fit, etc. Jabby also wants to
create the Manpanzee, a human-chimp xbreed. We at the Cimpanzee
Anti-Defamtion Society are certain that no chimp would lower herself to go
_near_ Jabs, so that'll never happen unless Jabs tries to use force to
express his hair fetish. And if he does that, well, the only questions left
are how many pieces his body will be in, and how far apart the pieces will
be. Dibs on six with a maximum displacement of three metres.

deowll

Jul 10, 2002, 8:48:58 PM7/10/02

"KC Armstrong" <kcarm...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

I believe and on line search would be the best way to learn for yourself. He
has been posting and cross posting for many years under a couple of names I
think though he only uses one at a time and for a long time. I beleive he
defines the terms crack pot and crank. He has a bunch of deeply religous
views most likely shared by no other human on the planet.

God bless.