Question for those Who Live in El Paso County, Texas or the Fabens Area

ghostof...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2005, 12:49:13 AM8/2/05
My name is Taylor McCleve. I am 19 years old and live in the city of
Mesa, Arizona; about 15 miles outside of Phoenix. I am writing to you
today with a question about one of the strangest stories, and by far,
horrifying stories, I have ever heard.

It is about a teacher from El Paso, Texas named Edward Hermanski who
got caught up with a murder investigations, where one of his students
was the main suspect. Upon further investigation, Hermanski and his
friend, a cop by the name of Johnny, realized that there were very many
strange things going on. Johnny suggests that they call a sergeant in
the El Paso PD who specializes in Occult cases. The sergeant (who's
name I never found out) disappears that night when the three of them
stay the night there to check the place out. To this day, he has never
been found. Apparently, a while back, his wife was on 'Unsolved
Mysteries' trying to figure out what happened to her husband.

Anyway, the student of Hermanski's, by the name of Kimberly, is tried
out here in Phoenix, because they could not find a partial jury in El
Paso and New Mexico. She is found guilty of her parent's murder and the
teacher moves out here to Phoenix.

That is the very short version of the most terrifying story I have ever
heard. I heard it straight from the teachers mouth 2 years ago, and
have been doing some investigating of my own, but I seem to be coming
up empty handed. I am asking to you to see if anyone from this area may
have any light to shed on this...if you know what I am talking about. I
know it may be a long shot, but I just need to know if there is any
place on the web I can find more information on this story, or if you
know anything. Thank you for your time.
--
Taylor McCleve

Helena Handbasket

Aug 2, 2005, 11:58:30 AM8/2/05
This sounds like an X-File.

Really though, without much info to go on you are asking much. What are the
facts as you see them?

--
katie

<ghostof...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Gordon Lee

Aug 2, 2005, 12:19:32 PM8/2/05
<"ghostofmccleve> wrote:
> My name is Taylor McCleve ... <snip> ... with a question

Greetings Mr. McCleve.
.
I'm from El Paso. Your "very short version the the most terrifying story"
you "have ever heard" does not ring any bells. Can you provide further
information and recheck some of your facts?
.
I can find no synopsis of a missing EPPD officer at Unsolved Mysteries.
.
What's Kimberly's (and her parents) last name? In what year did the murders
take place? Are you sure it happened in El Paso (or Fabens area) and not in
Arizona? Criminal trials in the US occur in the state in which the crime
was committed.
.
Are you sure your teacher wasn't telling you the plot of one of the worst
movies ever made? See: _'Manos' the Hands of Fate_ (The Lodge of Sins)
(1966) at http://www.gdarkness.com/movies-others.html
.
Is your teacher Edward P. Hermanski, the 2001-2002 VFW Arizona State Teacher
of the Year, Hamilton HS, Chandler, Arizona?
.
You have me intrigued, Mr. McCleve. Give us all the scoop about one of the
strangest, and by far, horrifying story you ever heard.
.
Respectfully,

Gordon Lee
Great Fritain Royal Memorabilia & Porcelain Throne Emporium
It takes more than a four cornered sandwich to make a square meal.

Amber LaStrega

Aug 3, 2005, 4:11:30 AM8/3/05
>>>See: _'Manos' the Hands of Fate_ (The Lodge of Sins) (1966)<<<

Please, all of you, promise me this: if perchance you happen to view
'Manos' the Hands of Fate ... see the MST3K version. Please. I beg of
you.

ghostof...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2005, 3:38:23 PM8/3/05
Funny how you bring up 'Manos' because that's what I thought the first
time I heard it as well.

"Without much info to go on you are asking much."

Tell me about it. Welcome to my world for the past three years. I've
spoken recently to this teacher again, and asked him if he could give
me specific names. He said due to 'privacy protection' laws, he could
not.

I did find out which school he taught at during all of this. It was
Walter Clarke Middle School, in El Paso...

...after three years...sadly, that's all I have.

When he told me about it, there were a few outside sources that I could
confirm it with, but they haven't been much helpful either:

National Georgraphic
Unsolved Mysteries
The El Paso Times

However, I thought I would still give it a shot with you guys. Oh, and
yes to answer your question Gordon, that is the same Edward Hermanski.
But the reason the trial was moved out here to Arizona was because the
defense wanted a change of venue; apparently they could not find a
partial jury.

ghostof...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2005, 3:38:55 PM8/3/05
That's the only version of the movie I've seen! Ha ha!

Gordon Lee

Aug 4, 2005, 11:52:58 AM8/4/05
<"ghostofmccleve"> wrote:

> Funny how you bring up 'Manos' because that's what I thought
> the first time I heard it as well.
>
> "Without much info to go on you are asking much."
>
> Tell me about it. Welcome to my world for the past three years.
> I've spoken recently to this teacher again, and asked him if he
> could give me specific names. He said due to 'privacy protection'
> laws, he could not.
>
> I did find out which school he taught at during all of this. It was
> Walter Clarke Middle School, in El Paso...
>
> ...after three years...sadly, that's all I have.
>
> When he told me about it, there were a few outside sources that
> I could confirm it with, but they haven't been much helpful either:
>

> National Geographic

> Unsolved Mysteries
> The El Paso Times
>
> However, I thought I would still give it a shot with you guys. Oh,
> and yes to answer your question Gordon, that is the same Edward
> Hermanski. But the reason the trial was moved out here to Arizona
> was because the defense wanted a change of venue; apparently
> they could not find a partial jury.

Greetings Mr. McCleve.
.
Fair enough. However, please tell us what you know about this story. What
makes this particular murder case the most strangest and horrifying story
you've ever heard?
.
This isn't about William and Margaret Patterson and the mystery surrounding
their haunted Piedmont Street house and UFO abduction, is it?
.
FWIW ... a change of venue normally does not mean change of state. A
federal crime?
.
Respectfully,

Gordon Lee
Great Fritain Royal Memorabilia & Sand Dune Emporium
Yes, I'm bald ... but I come from a long line of monks.

Joshuall

Aug 4, 2005, 2:44:26 PM8/4/05
Dear Friend,
I hate to say this, but as a private detective I think i can say with a
touch of experience that if your teacher is telling you he/she can't give
you more details because of privacy issues . . . he/she's feeding you a
load of bull. If this case went to trial, THERE ARE NO privacy issues
involved here at all. Tell em so. It sounds like a cool premise for a story
though.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

SillyDi...@ymail.com

May 13, 2014, 7:45:55 PM5/13/14
I was wondering about this too. In fact, I actually found this page because I heard the story and was trying to do my own research.

-unfortunately with no luck (Oh, and to give fair credit for my part, I heard about the story and got the link below from Sixpencee.com, a very cool page, if you like spooky/paranormal stuff.)

This is a Soundcloud recording of Hermanski telling the story to his class: https://soundcloud.com/karissa-sorensen

I had no luck running down any of the information he gives, though. Nothing about the cannibal mission in Fabens that Kimberly's house is supposedly built over, nothing about the missing cop from El Paso, nothing about a patricide in Fabens or anything. I checked the Unsolved Mysteries website and googled every possible combination of words looking for a patricide trial in Arizona OR Texas that fit the bill and got bupkis.

Maybe after hearing the story, and all the details, one of you locals may be able to help? I'm 99% sure it's total fiction, but it would be interesting if there were some kind of truth behind it. =)

SillyDi...@ymail.com

May 13, 2014, 7:48:30 PM5/13/14
SIXPENCEEE.COM <--Three 'E's at the end is the correct url, sorry about the typo.

jani...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2015, 10:03:36 PM1/26/15
Found this story on an imgur post and found the transcript of the story if anyone was wondering, the website is by your teacher, Ed Hermanski. I don't know if this helps.
https://taylormccleve.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/20031022mrhtranscript.pdf

azim...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2015, 6:52:37 AM3/14/15
Yes, there is another recording of Ed Hermanski telling the story, called "In the Walls", to his class, on SoundCloud.

https://m.soundcloud.com/millie-despoisse/in-the-walls

Just stay away from the air-conditioning ducts. And old buildings that have double-walls. And dogs. And surveillance vans.

Note: In the story, he describes driving in Fabens, TX, seeing these old, old houses, 2-3 stories and made of brick, with lots of trees. He says to go down Shoemaker St, and turn right on 1st St.

There is no Shoemaker St. in Fabens, as he claimed.
And there are no 2-3 story houses in Fabens, when I looked around on Google maps. And certainly not a lot of trees.

Maybe he's describing a different place that's also called Fabens, Texas?

amaya...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2015, 3:56:20 PM9/14/15
I have heard this story i am from Fabens Texas and ive heard some crazy stories about things that have happened here but im not sure about the Kimberly story.... i think the teacher was trying to make a point when he told the story i heard it through YouTube i am trying to do research on this as well

amaya...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2015, 4:11:50 PM9/14/15
adding to what I said earlier if you look up Fabens texas in national geographic like the teacher mentions you will not see anything about an underground cave being sealed off...
Message has been deleted

cmlo...@asu.edu

Sep 21, 2015, 4:07:38 PM9/21/15
Any chance this has to do with Hermanski's story? Perhaps he was embellishing something that had to do with this El Paso serial killer. Looks like John Guerrero police detective was involved.

http://www.kvia.com/news/Execution-Of-Convicted-Serial-Killer-David-Leonard-Wood-Approaches/557782

da.real...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 7:50:09 PM1/11/16
i still attend the school specified here

da.real...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2016, 7:50:29 PM1/11/16
i got to this school

sarahho...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2016, 9:10:41 PM3/30/16
Could you please email me sarahho...@gmail.com
I am writing a paper on Kimberly and could use more information.

monab...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 1:52:16 AM7/12/16
Okay. I don't want to make anyone upset... but... I have heard of this story more than once... do you know if it true? http://www.scaryforkids.com/kimberly-story/

nadiap...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2017, 11:37:20 AM12/19/17
http://borderzine.com/2012/12/the-remnants-of-tunnels-under-el-pasos-streets-tell-the-origins-of-human-smuggling/

I listened to the recording and found this link.

It seemed to have some relation to the story but I’m not sure...what do you think?

Bernadette Heaney

Feb 18, 2019, 7:20:31 AM2/18/19
Hey, I read up on this and found a real interview on what happened: https://taylormccleve.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/20031022mrhtranscript.pdf

Give it a read and I hope it helps.

nancy_l...@yahoo.com

Feb 8, 2020, 3:32:12 PM2/8/20
I’m from Fabens , went to elementary and middle school in the 90s , never heard of this event .