do dream-catchers attract ghosts?

Laura Mitchell

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96

Or do they just like us??

We've moved from a 3 bdrm. apartment to a house (fairly new).
As soon as we moved the dream-catcher to the new place, we
started getting activity.

(Dream-catcher: native american tool for filtering out bad dreams).

Laura
Blessed Be! mitc...@owl.csusm.edu
http://www.csusm.edu/public/guests/mitchell/laura_home.html
"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." -- Dan Quayle

Lisa

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
<Snip>

Try removing the dreamcatcher from your home for a few weeks.
If the activity stops, you will have your answer. If not,
the I would say you probably ARE a magnet for those invisible
houseguests.*Smile* In any event, good luck.

Lisa.

Christopher Brown

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
I was reading the University of Washington's "Daily" the other day and
there was a story about the ghost of a thin woman in Suzzallo who has been
sighted by several workers in the library. If any one has any stories
about hauntings in Suzzallo or anywhere else on campus, I would love to
hear them.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

Marne Anne Orenich

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96

Yes. You see, the belief is this. Bad dreams are caused
by bad spirits, good dreams by good. So the dream catcher
actually is supposed to filter spirits, they are attracted to it,
which is why it works. Keep it. Anything it attracts will not
harm you.

The freak

Laura Mitchell

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
Marne Anne Orenich (ca...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu) wrote:
: Yes. You see, the belief is this. Bad dreams are caused

Thanks for the response. This seems to be the case with our
dreamcatcher. We couldn't keep it hung up over our bed, too
much traffic waking us up at night ;).

It is too beautiful, I couldn't get rid of it.

JFRCHRDSN

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
What the hell is a dream catcher? Where can I get one?

JohnR

Laura Mitchell

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
JFRCHRDSN (jfrc...@aol.com) wrote:
: What the hell is a dream catcher? Where can I get one?

It's an American Indian tool. It's a circle with a 'web' inside
(don't know what it's made of). My dream-catcher description:
The circle is bound with leather, has four double strands of leather
with a feather attached to each double strand and stones strung on the
strands. The stones look like amethyst. The circle diameter is ~12 in.

I purchased it at an American Indian Pow-Wow at my local university
(CSU San Marcos). There were many vendors and I don't remember which
one in particular I purchased it from, but I plan on going back this
year to look for the vendor & thank him for his good energy.
I didn't exactly expect to get a dreamcatcher that worked, I'm kind
of cynical about purchasing items from fairs, etc. but, it is beautiful
& I was immediately attracted to it & am very happy with it since then.

Jeremy Hunt

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
Dreamcatchers (at least those made in Michigan) are usually made of
a soft branch (usually willow, though it varies) held in a circle by
a leather thong. A webbing of sinew or sometimes waxed twine is
then woven inside the circle. On the bottom (opposite the thong)
there are 1-3 feathers hanging from strips of beaded leather.

The story behind the dream catcher is simple:

Place it at the head of your bed. During the night, dreams are attracted
by the wood and pulled into the web. The bad dreams get caught in the
web, while the good ones find their way to the bottom, down the
feather(s), and into your head.

(BOBBY DUPEA Hold the chicken)

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
In article <4kfk4b$g...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> jfrc...@aol.com (JFRCHRDSN) writes:
>From: jfrc...@aol.com (JFRCHRDSN)
>Newsgroups: alt.folklore.ghost-stories
>Subject: Re: do dream-catchers attract ghosts?
>Date: 10 Apr 1996 02:23:07 -0400
>Sender: ro...@newsbf02.news.aol.com

>What the hell is a dream catcher? Where can I get one?

>JohnR

Dreamcatchers are handmade charms that supposedly "block out" bad dreams and
only allow good dreams to visit you. The ones I have seen have been made by
Native Americans, who used to hang them on their children's cribs at night.
They are pretty simple really - just a circle with a "spiderweb-like" pattern
on it, and some feathers or lucky emblems hanging under; the circle can be
small (the size of a decent sized earring) or large (a foot or two). The most
common one I see at flea markets in Florida is about six inches in diameter,
with macrame or the equivalent for the center, and feathers for decoration
dangling down. If you would like one I'm sure I could find you a nice little
one at a moderate price. E-Mail me for more info...\

Dianne "will haunt flea markets instead of food" Persall

MeANstReAk

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
The story behind dream catchers, as i understand it, is that a dream
catcher is hung above a bed or at an east facing window, as this is the
direction from which the sun rises.
Basically, although i am sure there is a much more romantic story
somewhere, dreams pass thru the dream catcher to the sleeper, good dreams
pass thru the web in the centre of the catcher but bad dreams are caught
in the web and are burned away by the rays of the rising sun ensuring
that the sleeper has no bad dreams. It is a Native American idea and
proves to be most reassuring to children who have suffered nightmares,
but they are very beautiful bad dreams or not!

I bought my dream catcher on a reservation in Oshwekan (sp?) in Ontario,
but i am sure u can get them from retail outlets which stock native
american based goods.

kevin dea

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
Jeremy Hunt (34I...@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu) wrote:
: Dreamcatchers (at least those made in Michigan) are usually made of

[snip]

: The story behind the dream catcher is simple:

:
: Place it at the head of your bed. During the night, dreams are attracted
: by the wood and pulled into the web. The bad dreams get caught in the
: web, while the good ones find their way to the bottom, down the
: feather(s), and into your head.

Are they like worry people?

Kevin

LeAnne

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
In article, Laura Mitchell says...

>JFRCHRDSN (jfrc...@aol.com) wrote:
>: What the hell is a dream catcher? Where can I get one?

>It's an American Indian tool. It's a circle with a 'web' inside
>(don't know what it's made of). My dream-catcher description:
>The circle is bound with leather, has four double strands of leather
>with a feather attached to each double strand and stones strung on the
>strands. The stones look like amethyst. The circle diameter is ~12 in.

If it is real, it will be made with a sapling branch wrapped in leather.
The webwork is sinew. There may be some decorations of feathers or
beads on the more "commercial" applications. I was told as a child that
the dream catcher should be made new each day & burnt the following morning.

--
LeAnne Davis e-mail: nl...@msg.ti.com
Configuration Management

Laura Mitchell

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96

> Do you feel good energy coming from your dream catcher?

No, but my shaman friend does, she said something about it having a
heartbeat. I kind of bumble around in the spiritual world anyway, I
think I'm just lucky to have spiritual people around me ;).

> What kind of good effects have you experienced with it?

My husband & I put it over our bed and right away he started having
strange dreams. Within a week my daughter & her friend had a seance
& basically invited anyone who wanted to to come in (and they did).
The ghosts literaly woke us up at night as they 'walked' over us
to get to the dream-catcher. We finally put it in the closet so we
could get some sleep. (I know it's a strange place for a dream-catcher
but the ghosts liked it & we were able to sleep).

> What do you think is most important when purchasing a dream catcher?

Certainly at the PowWow where I purchased this, there were plenty. I
liked this one because the leather was lighter in color and the amethyst
stood out. Purely physical reasons, but maybe looking back on it, the
person selling it wasn't one of those high-pressure sales persons, just
an artist with good energy who really knew what he was doing.

> I've been thinking about buying one, so I'll appreciate any advice
> from you. Thanks in advance!

Sorry to get back to you so late, I didn't see your post so I'm just
posting from the email you sent.

Laura

Keith Hudgins

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96

>The story behind dream catchers, as i understand it, is that a dream
>catcher is hung above a bed or at an east facing window, as this is the
>direction from which the sun rises.
>Basically, although i am sure there is a much more romantic story
>somewhere, dreams pass thru the dream catcher to the sleeper, good dreams
>pass thru the web in the centre of the catcher but bad dreams are caught
>in the web and are burned away by the rays of the rising sun ensuring
>that the sleeper has no bad dreams. It is a Native American idea and
>proves to be most reassuring to children who have suffered nightmares,
>but they are very beautiful bad dreams or not!

Actually, dreamcatchers were originally diaries. They were made by the plains
Indians, mainy by young, unmarried women. As their beau would give them little
gifts and tokens, she'd weave these into the web. They were mainly used as
diaries and convienient places to keep treasured tokens on the move.

-Keith
ke...@negia.net

syed...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2015, 11:57:27 AM3/19/15
On Friday, March 29, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Laura Mitchell wrote:
> Or do they just like us??
>
> We've moved from a 3 bdrm. apartment to a house (fairly new).
> As soon as we moved the dream-catcher to the new place, we
> started getting activity.
>
> (Dream-catcher: native american tool for filtering out bad dreams).
>

> Laura
> --
> Blessed Be! mitc...@owl.csusm.edu
> http://www.csusm.edu/public/guests/mitchell/laura_home.html
> "Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." -- Dan Quayle

Assalam Alikum

These products are on discount from 11th March 2015 To 25th March 2015.

7 DAYS MARRIAGE NAQSH
7 DAYS MONEY NAQSH
7 DAYS KASHF NAQSH
7 DAYS BUSINESS NAQSH
7 DAYS JOB NAQSH
7 DAYS HEALTH NAQSH
7 DAYS CHILD BIRTH NAQSH
7 DAYS HAMZAAD NAQSH
7 DAYS PROTECTION NAQSH

Each Naqsh discounted cost is $550

Please contact me: syed...@gmail.com

Wassalam

keira...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2016, 2:59:14 PM1/10/16
ive been getting attacked by something in my house, I don't know what it is. but ive been seeing some weird black smoke like creatures around my house, they have white eyes... you might not believe me but my friends are saying its because of my dream catcher and I have to break it. but it is a wolf dream catcher with chimes and feathers. what should I do? no one believes me when I tell them this, I just want a direct answer.

Jan 11, 2016, 9:23:29 AM1/11/16
I'm not real busy at the moment, so I'll give it a shot...

If you're really "seeing" such vaporous apparitions inside
your residence, there could be several possible reasons to
explore. Without knowing further details, e.g. what do you
mean by being attacked, like physically, psychically, both?
and for how long has this been going on in your house, then
I would suggest that these uninvited specters are attracted
to the karmic darkenings on your psychic aura (we all share
similar inherent vulnerabilities to some extent); also, you
have a particularly vivid imagination (such as song writers,
artists, novelists, etc.), and you noticed these low-astral
beings invading your space, and they know that you can see
them doing so and are trying to "attach" themselves to you.

As for what to do about it, I'd avoid voodoo remedies such
as dream catchers and the like, exorcisms, etc., and focus
on unconditional surrender because the real battle is with-
in ourselves. Imagination, creativity, inventiveness, etc.,
are of the pure Astral plane, thus you are probably of the
Moon sojourn; whereas, the impure or low astral influences
are confined to this near-earth perimeter where unsettling
motion, emotion, is obviously available to all of us born
alive into this troublesome world where evil is temporized.

If you don't have a pet dog or cat, I get one because they
can naturally sense nearby malign spirit entities and scare
them away. I enjoy cats better because they are "familiars",
meaning they can persist in helping us to recognize our own
karmic destiny...like hate and love, creativity is a mirror.

Hope that helps,
DJM

usky...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2018, 11:15:39 AM8/7/18
Thank you for this I just had a terrifying dream of a black spirit on my dream catcher though it had several parts and I woke up many many times in-dream to different and unnerving scenes.the last one was the spirit this time having a white face or mask shaking it's head at me still right above my head where the dream catcher was. It felt so real, I would say it's the scariest thing that's happened to me but sadly real life has been less kind to me in the past.
My boyfriend was sleeping next to me we just got together he's also been through a lot, I hope it was just a reflection of mine trying to reach me.

clinic...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2018, 6:57:00 PM9/18/18
On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 2:59:14 PM UTC-5, keira...@gmail.com wrote:
> ive been getting attacked by something in my house, I don't know what it is. but ive been seeing some weird black smoke like creatures around my house, they have white eyes... you might not believe me but my friends are saying its because of my dream catcher and I have to break it. but it is a wolf dream catcher with chimes and feathers. what should I do? no one believes me when I tell them this, I just want a direct answer.

ZYPREXA 10mg BID

liontr...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2019, 8:59:51 AM3/3/19
Get rid of it... It’s demonic... Anything pagan in your house gives access to unclean spirits to not only enter your home but you as well... Trust me my kids had two in their bedroom and they would have nightmares and restless sleep... The moment I got rid of them... Viola sleeping soundly now... GET RID OF IT...