Agatha Morley

PJ

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
This is a poem I memorized when I was a kid, (unfortunately I didn't
memorize the author, so I can not give credit where credit is due).
It's from the book "The Haunted House and other stories"

Agatha Morley, all her life
grumbled at dust like a good wife.
Dust on a table, dust on a chair
dust on a mantel, she couldn't bear.
She forgave fault in a man or child
but a dusty shelf would set her wild.
Agatha Morley is sleeping sound
six feet under the moldy ground.
Six feet under the earth she lies
with dust at her feet and dust in her eyes.

It's just one of those ironys of life!
PJ2 porch 'cool breeze'

--
When you wish upon a star, better know what you are.

jamie

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
PJ2, that was so cute thanks.

Jamie

Discordia

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
In a rare lucid moment <VrUp2.3168$f8.1...@newsfeed.slurp.net>,
tfl...@blumontana.com told us...

> This is a poem I memorized when I was a kid, (unfortunately I didn't
> memorize the author, so I can not give credit where credit is due).
> It's from the book "The Haunted House and other stories"

<snip poem>

I've heard that one before too, thanks for posting it, it gave me a
chuckle :)

--
Resident porch freak
http://www.devlbunny.com/discordkitty

James Burns

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
You know, she could be cremated instead of burrial. That way, she would
never have to worry about dust... because she would be dust!! At one with
the one thing she hated more than hell. (If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!)

James Burns

PJ wrote in message ...

> This is a poem I memorized when I was a kid, (unfortunately I didn't
>memorize the author, so I can not give credit where credit is due).
>It's from the book "The Haunted House and other stories"

Traci

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
PJ

There is a website dedicated to strange epitahs (sp?) or whatever you
call them. **lol** I dont remember the URL for it but I am sure if you
did a websearch you could probably come up w/ something.

Traci
~~~~~~~~~

:
:Agatha Morley, all her life
:grumbled at dust like a good wife.
:Dust on a table, dust on a chair
:dust on a mantel, she couldn't bear.
:She forgave fault in a man or child
:but a dusty shelf would set her wild.
:Agatha Morley is sleeping sound
:six feet under the moldy ground.
:Six feet under the earth she lies
:with dust at her feet and dust in her eyes.
:
:It's just one of those ironys of life!
: PJ2 porch 'cool breeze'
:
:--
:When you wish upon a star, better know what you are.

:
:

The only thing that can cure ignorance,
is a great education.
--author unknown

Smirkie's Lil Corner of the World
http://www.angelfire.com/va/smirk

Traci's Sunday Dinner Menu/Recipe email list
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/Sunday_Dinner

mil...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2016, 4:26:30 PM7/10/16
On Thursday, January 21, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, PJ wrote:
> This is a poem I memorized when I was a kid, (unfortunately I didn't
> memorize the author, so I can not give credit where credit is due).
> It's from the book "The Haunted House and other stories"
>
> Agatha Morley, all her life
> grumbled at dust like a good wife.
> Dust on a table, dust on a chair
> dust on a mantel, she couldn't bear.
> She forgave fault in a man or child
> but a dusty shelf would set her wild.
> Agatha Morley is sleeping sound
> six feet under the moldy ground.
> Six feet under the earth she lies
> with dust at her feet and dust in her eyes.
>
> It's just one of those ironys of life!
> PJ2 porch 'cool breeze'
>
> --
> When you wish upon a star, better know what you are.

Was that poem in a book called "A Gift of Watermelon Pickle"? Or something like it? We read that in junior high. I boosted my copy. Now I can't seem to find it.
The book also had some Dorothy Parker, ee Cummings, Richard Brautigan and Langston Hughes, among many others.

chilliw...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2018, 11:23:40 PM8/13/18
Wrong...

Agatha Morley all her life
Grumbled at dust like a good wife
Dust on a table
Dust on a chair
Dust on a mantle she couldn't bare
She bore with sin without protest
As dust thoughts raised above her head

Agatha Morley is sleeping sound
Six feet under the mouldy ground
With dust at her feet and dust in her eyes