Cold spot

plateshutoverlock

Jul 3, 2023, 7:41:23 PM7/3/23
In the house I grew up in, my sister noted that there was a consistent cold spot on the floor right in front of the oven. This was a house built in the 1910s and the oven was from the 1970s. There was no AC unit or anything else in the house that could've caused this ever present cold spot. There might be a logical explaination such as the convective properties of this old house but I'd thought I'd mention it here.

pH

Jul 4, 2023, 12:26:33 AM7/4/23
On 2023-07-03, plateshutoverlock <blinking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the house I grew up in, my sister noted that there was a consistent cold spot on the floor right in front of the oven. This was a house built in the 1910s and the oven was from the 1970s. There was no AC unit or anything else in the house that could've caused this ever present cold spot. There might be a logical explaination such as the convective properties of this old house but I'd thought I'd mention it here.

Was there ever a sense of "presence" or any feelings like being watched,
dread etcetera?

My wife grew up in a house in the Eastern Oregon desert and says that their
house had a cold *room*. Even in the midst of summer w/ 100+ degree
temperatures that room would be cold.

She said that no one liked being in it and the girls shared a room rather
than taking that room for a bedroom.

She did not mention any experiences or dreams.

We conjecture that maybe someone or an Indian was buried at that spot and
not at rest.

pH in Aptos

Mark Prince Molina

Oct 25, 2023, 9:05:56 AM10/25/23
May I have your permission to feature your stories on my horror podcast? It would be a great honor to share your work with my audience. Thank you in advance for your consideration!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f33dsjL9zM&list=UULFMqyv6NpcNHXUQhzkkKiPfw

Mark Prince Molina

Oct 25, 2023, 9:06:13 AM10/25/23

pH

Oct 26, 2023, 9:39:14 PM10/26/23
You may certainly use this any any stories I have posted. Usenet is public
domain, after all.

Hmm, I wonder what *does* happen if someone puts "Copyright" after his post?
Any lawyers out there?

pH in Aptos

John

Oct 27, 2023, 11:12:25 AM10/27/23
In the United States, copyright for all creative works is automatically
granted to the author, per the Berne Convention.

john

pH

Oct 27, 2023, 8:49:18 PM10/27/23
Oh, thank-you for this info.