Epson WF2510 printing problem

gareth evans

Sep 13, 2022, 5:07:54 AM9/13/22
WF2510 printer driven by WiFi
Asus laptop, 8 years old, with W10.
Non-Epson ink cartridges.

Affecting only black printing, every 7 or so lines of text
is blurred, faint or missing.

I have changed the black ink cartridge to no avail.

Any clues or solutions, please?

TIA.

Robin Vowels

Sep 13, 2022, 9:16:44 AM9/13/22
On Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 7:07:54 PM UTC+10, gareth evans wrote:
> WF2510 printer driven by WiFi
> Asus laptop, 8 years old, with W10.
> Non-Epson ink cartridges.
>
> Affecting only black printing, every 7 or so lines of text
> is blurred, faint or missing.
>
> I have changed the black ink cartridge to no avail.
.
Is the replacement cartridge genuine or non-genuine?
What is the expiry date?

Andreas Kohlbach

Sep 13, 2022, 7:45:47 PM9/13/22
On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 10:07:50 +0100, gareth evans wrote:

> WF2510 printer driven by WiFi
> Asus laptop, 8 years old, with W10.

That old enough for folklore? There is a printer group somewhere.

> Non-Epson ink cartridges.
>
> Affecting only black printing, every 7 or so lines of text
> is blurred, faint or missing.

Ah, ink ribbon on 9 pin dot matrix. That explains it. So the 7th pin
might be worn out. ;-)

> I have changed the black ink cartridge to no avail.
>
> Any clues or solutions, please?

Get a daisy-wheel printer. ;-)

SCNR.

Well I have no idea. Try the printer group if no one can help here.
--
Andreas

Robin Vowels

Sep 14, 2022, 3:13:19 AM9/14/22
On Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 9:45:47 AM UTC+10, Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 10:07:50 +0100, gareth evans wrote:
> >
> > WF2510 printer driven by WiFi
> > Asus laptop, 8 years old, with W10.
> That old enough for folklore? There is a printer group somewhere.
> > Non-Epson ink cartridges.
> >
> > Affecting only black printing, every 7 or so lines of text
> > is blurred, faint or missing.
> Ah, ink ribbon on 9 pin dot matrix. That explains it. So the 7th pin
> might be worn out. ;-)
> > I have changed the black ink cartridge to no avail.
> >
> > Any clues or solutions, please?
> Get a daisy-wheel printer. ;-)
.
I think you'll find that the 2510 has ink tanks. It does not
have cartridges with a printing head.
.
Try cleaning the print heads using the cleaning process
that you can direct from the maintenance dialog box.