computers are bad: santa tracking

G.K.

Dec 28, 2022, 6:57:14 AM12/28/22
COMPUTERS * ARE * BAD
a newsletter by j. b. crawford
This post online: https://computer.rip/2022-12-24-santa-tracking.html

2022-12-24

regarding: santa tracking

Let's talk about a different kind of radar: the one notionally pointed
at the north pole.

greymaus

Dec 28, 2022, 10:41:18 AM12/28/22
There were other stories about all this, including one about them
turning on the DEW line, and detecting a swarm of missiles coming across
the Arctic from Siberia which turned out, when the initial panic was
over, to be the Moon Rising. I remember the Flyingsdales (sp?) station
in Yorkshire, when everything steel for miles had to be grounded. What?.
Who had steel buildings?, Farmers had, to store feedstuffs. Who could
have thought of that?.

Good Link, anyway.

--
grey...@mail.com

Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the stench of an Influencer.
Where is our money gone, Dude?

Kerr-Mudd, John

Dec 28, 2022, 11:24:54 AM12/28/22
On 28 Dec 2022 15:41:16 GMT
greymaus <grey...@dmaus.org> wrote:

> On 2022-12-28, G.K. <g...@k.invalid> wrote:
> > COMPUTERS * ARE * BAD
> > a newsletter by j. b. crawford
> > This post online: https://computer.rip/2022-12-24-santa-tracking.html
> >
> > 2022-12-24
> >
> > regarding: santa tracking
> >
> > Let's talk about a different kind of radar: the one notionally pointed
> > at the north pole.
>

> There were other stories about all this, including one about them
> turning on the DEW line, and detecting a swarm of missiles coming across
> the Arctic from Siberia which turned out, when the initial panic was
> over, to be the Moon Rising. I remember the Flyingsdales (sp?) station
> in Yorkshire, when everything steel for miles had to be grounded. What?.
> Who had steel buildings?, Farmers had, to store feedstuffs. Who could
> have thought of that?.
>
> Good Link, anyway.

:Like:

esp

It's tragic how the modern PC has put us into this situation, where we no
longer have control or even visibility into the working of core,
privileged components of our computers---components running software that
could potentially be malicious. By the modern PC I do, of course, mean the
IBM PC of 1981.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Theo

Dec 28, 2022, 12:33:48 PM12/28/22
greymaus <grey...@dmaus.org> wrote:
> I remember the Flyingsdales (sp?) station in Yorkshire, when everything
> steel for miles had to be grounded. What?. Who had steel buildings?,
> Farmers had, to store feedstuffs. Who could have thought of that?.

These days they have other problems:
https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/people/smart-meter-roll-out-halted-to-stop-interference-with-nuclear-warning-system-3575653

Theo