Attack of the PETSCII Robots for the C128

Robert Bernardo

Nov 30, 2021, 4:45:40 AM11/30/21
Here we go... a new, commercial game for the Commodore 128! It is Attack of the PETSCII Robots! Released earlier for the C64, VIC-20, and PET, the C128 version makes use of the C128's extra memory space, uses burst load with a 1571 or 1581 drive, makes use of the full C128 keyboard, and has dual monitor mode (map screen in 80-columns at the same time as main screen in 40-columns). Priced from $10 to $50 US (options from digital download to autographed box with physical disks), Attack of the PETSCII Robots C128 is available at

https://www.the8bitguy.com/product/petscii-robots-for-commodore-128/

Merry Christmas!
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan
Commodore Los Angeles Super Show - http://www.portcommodore.com/class

rtr

Dec 3, 2021, 2:03:09 AM12/3/21
This is cool. I've never had a chance to be with a live commodore
machine let alone use one in my whole life. But looking at how these
machines are being kept alive with new games brings a joy in my heart.

I've been following 8-bit Guy for a while now and I really find his
videos entertaining.

Cheers,

--
Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

rtr

Dec 7, 2021, 9:07:05 AM12/7/21
On Fri, 03 Dec 2021 10:26:19 -0500
Andreas Kohlbach <a...@spamfence.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 15:03:05 +0800, rtr wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 01:45:39 -0800 (PST)
> > Robert Bernardo <rber...@iglou.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Here we go... a new, commercial game for the Commodore 128! It is
> >> Attack of the PETSCII Robots! Released earlier for the C64,
> >> VIC-20, and PET, the C128 version makes use of the C128's extra
> >> memory space, uses burst load with a 1571 or 1581 drive, makes use
> >> of the full C128 keyboard, and has dual monitor mode (map screen
> >> in 80-columns at the same time as main screen in 40-columns).
> >> Priced from $10 to $50 US (options from digital download to
> >> autographed box with physical disks), Attack of the PETSCII Robots
> >> C128 is available at
> >>
> >> https://www.the8bitguy.com/product/petscii-robots-for-commodore-128/
> >>
> >> Merry Christmas!
> >> Robert Bernardo
> >> Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
> >> Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network -
> >> http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan Commodore Los Angeles Super
> >> Show - http://www.portcommodore.com/class
> >
> > This is cool. I've never had a chance to be with a live commodore
> > machine let alone use one in my whole life. But looking at how these
> > machines are being kept alive with new games brings a joy in my
> > heart.
>
> Taking the Commodore line of computers were the best selling home
> computers, never to got in contact with a real machine as computer
> enthusiast sounds like an exception. Or you are much younger than the
> average poster here.

Hah! I am indeed young, I think. But Commodore also didn't seem to have
penetrated our country during that time. There's plenty of old IBMs here
but none from Commodore whatsoever.

> > I've been following 8-bit Guy for a while now and I really find his
> > videos entertaining.
>
> Was following him when he was still the "iBookGuy".

I think I followed him from his restoration series. I really enjoy just
watching someone clean a dirty old computer and make it work again.

rtr

Dec 8, 2021, 3:19:19 AM12/8/21
On Tue, 07 Dec 2021 13:06:45 -0500
Andreas Kohlbach <a...@spamfence.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 22:06:58 +0800, rtr wrote:

> >> Taking the Commodore line of computers were the best selling home
> >> computers, never to got in contact with a real machine as computer
> >> enthusiast sounds like an exception. Or you are much younger than
> >> the average poster here.
> >>

> > Hah! I am indeed young, I think. But Commodore also didn't seem to
> > have penetrated our country during that time. There's plenty of old
> > IBMs here but none from Commodore whatsoever.
>
> Dunno what country that is. May be during the cold war and the western
> technology embargo Commodores didn't penetrate COMECON countries?

It's in Southeast Asia. I don't know if Commodore ever penetrated my
country but what I do know is that there's literally no C64s or
anything commodore here.

> >> Was following him when he was still the "iBookGuy".
> >
> > I think I followed him from his restoration series. I really enjoy
> > just watching someone clean a dirty old computer and make it work
> > again.
>
> Then you might also be interested in "Adrian's Digital Basement".
> Have a look through the videos he did. Most is restoration of vintage
> hardware.

Yeah, I have seen some of his videos. But it's really long, hahaha! I
usually play his videos and just leave it on and do other stuff.